Yea Forums I'm fucking bored, help a homie out

I need any of you to suggest a good game for me to sink hours in to and get lost in, give me a new game, I've already completed Hollow Knight and I need to fill the void

Attached: 1551431914123.png (768x767, 656K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing can fill the void left from hollow knight

Apart from Hollow Knight, what games do you like, user?

I have the same problem. The backlog on my PS4 is bad enough, never mind Steam. Just picking something that sticks is hard. I always seem to go back to free roaming in RDR2 singleplayer.

Unironically mad max, repetitive but so comfy

Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom
It's a better designed game than Hollow Knight and in a similar vein.

Dead Cells, a game with actual good controls and combat, unlike Hollow Knight.

Bloodstained, how to properly design a metroidvania.

Mario Maker.

Rain World
La-Mulana

you dont have to be a shithead about it

have sex

I loved the world and driving in Mad Max, but the melee-only combat made no sense to me. Especially when there are canon-locales like the Bullet Farm, just let me send some warboys to Valhalla with hot fiery lead god damnit.

Old, new, anything really, bonus points to games that are really fun to speed run though, and for metroidvanias

I've played dead cells, still hard as fuck getting past with new game+, Monsterboy looks alright, just a tad to linear for my taste, and I wish I could get bloodstained, but I'm saving that for switch release, it's where I buy all my metroid-vanias

and of course I've heard of Mario Maker

Attached: r19bz2g58es21.jpg (271x377, 24K)

You can dude especially once you start getting the ammo upgrades

Just admit you got lost and were mad about it.

>I need to fill the void
Maybe you should fill the void of a girls vagina and HAVE SEX

only thing I enjoy about Mad Max is the grappling and driving

Attached: oyvey.jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

>just a tad to linear for my taste
The game uses seperate layers and doorways to further expand on the map.
Calling it linear is ignorant.

Attached: map.jpg (1920x1080, 605K)

Still playing rain world, still really confused, still loving it though
And this one is actually one I haven't heard of before so props, I'll look at it, but it betta be good

Attached: 1552188267053s.jpg (107x125, 2K)

I bot bored and quit after a certain point. Can't remember when.
The game is terribly designed combat and level wise. They implement things without understanding them, like pushback on your own attacks.
They're even more incompetent than the Cuphead devs. But they both almost entirely rely on visuals and atmosphere.

I was thinking of a completely different game shiieeet

i can assure you the devs understand knockback

I thought the game was normal difficulty (except dlc of course) but other than that, pretty fair system, as long as you're not impatient

Attached: gg.png (500x616, 108K)

>i can assure you the devs understand knockback
So why does the character have knockback on their attacks despite no other game like it has that?
The only 2D game that does are
>shitty indie games
>fighting games
The latter has it for reasons that wouldn't be applicable for Hollow Knight.

Nothing to do with fairness, but random design that is amateurish at best. As if they imeplement things without understanding how it impacts the game or not understanding good level design. It almost comes across as them barely having played any other 2D hack n slash, metroidvania, etc.

I mean their boss design actually uses random patterns in a way that bosses can create 100% unavoidable damage. Like how fucking stupid and incompetent do you have to be to do something like that.
They created bosses that entirely rely on luck if you want to do no damage runs on them and for worse players they can get (what is perceived as) unfairly fucked by something they couldn't have avoided.
No good games does this. No good boss design has this. ESPECIALLY in games where skill is supposed to be rewarded. That the game is supposed to be all about player skill. This is them basically saying "Yeah skill? Sorry, that only matters sometimes".

Theres a pin that removes knockback from when you hit enemies. Besides that, its used to pogo across spikes. You didnt get far enough to do that, as you said.
m.youtube.com/watch

Ill grant the game is pretty hard and almost feels unfair sometimes but all the really shitty bosses are optional
Anyone can get good enough to beat the base game

Astroneer

Is it that good?

play Sundered it starts slow but then it's awesome.

Nice thread but now it is time to the fug the bug.

Attached: 1536688032569.png (1280x1575, 202K)

>Theres a pin that removes knockback from when you hit enemies.
I asked why it's there in the first place unless the intention is to gimp the player for no real reason. You didn't answer.

>Besides that, its used to pogo across spikes.
That's different. I'm talking attacking enemies horizontally.

>Anyone can get good enough to beat the base game
I'm not talking about the game being unbeatable or unplayable, but it's littered with poorly thought out and flat out bad game design to the point where I just kept thinking "Why am I not playing the much better designed games on my backlog over this" until I just stopped playing.

I came to the conclusion that the setting, atmosphere, visuals and feedback is what resulted in people raving about the game, not the actual gameplay or level design. This is a problem because those are the things I value most in games I play.

Imagine not being able to understand that not every game is made for you specifically.
Peak autism.

its there because the devs wanted it in there
It can be helpful sometimes by pushing you away from enemies and other dangers so its not like the devs implemented it thoughtlessly
Just because you dont like the gameplay and design doesnt make it bad

A hat in time is great for playing high

gex 3d

Imagine not being able to understand that not all games are well designed and thought out.
Imagine being illiterate and not realizing that I literally just said what you said.

Also, you still haven't answered the question of why they have horizontal weapon knockback.
Or are you saying it's thoughtless design that's there for no reason other than the devs played fighting games, implemented it but didn't understand why fighting games have it?

I pogo jumped early to get to Brooding Mawlek like a Chad

Shadow Tactics

>I asked why it's there in the first place unless the intention is to gimp the player for no real reason. You didn't answer.

Just move the control stick in the direction you swing your sword...

Attached: scropio.jpg (800x450, 140K)

>hit some edibles
>start playing
>get more and more into it as I have a big ass grin when anything cute happens
>fight a mafia guy and think the game plays EXACTLY as Sekiro
Good times

we cant read their minds user

>Just move the control stick in the direction you swing your sword...

You still haven't answered my question. Are you incapable of doing so? Seems like it. So why are you in denial?
Also having to constantly move as you attack is a solution to a problem that has no point in being there. It adds absolutely nothing and only makes the game more of a chore to play.

No, but you can work out the reason for it. Especially if you have played the game for an extended period of time.
For this game there is no good reason at all to have it unless their intention was to annoy the player by having them constantly move forward tiny steps all the time. The fact that they have a pin that removes it means that they know that it's an issue people would want to solve, yet it's there for no logical reason.

It might come across as I'm only harping on this one thing. But my point is that the game is littered with these non-sensical design choices or blunders and they pile up to the point where I just get so baffled and annoyed by the bad design that I just keep wishing I could be playing a better designed game.

>not a single Guac 1/2 mention
I don't get how Hollow Knight gets so much dick sucking being so mediocre while the two best metroidvanias in years are barely mentioned.
Visuals, combat, platforming. All fucking top notch and satisfying as fuck.

The combat is what breaks those games. It's interesting on paper, but terrible and awkward in execution.

I dont play xbox or ps4 but I do play PC and switch.

Switch
The World Ends With You: Final Remix (Excellent RPG and my favorite game of all time)
Dust: An Elysian Tale.(Great story and fun gameplay)
Cave Story+ (one of the first big indies and a great metroidvania.)
Hyper Light Drifter (haven't played it yet but all I hear about it is positive so it's probably good)

PC
Oneshot (short but sweet)
Dust (Use an xbox controller)
Cave story+ (the switch version is a little bit better but this is still a great way to play it)

As you can tell I like to play on the switch a lot more than PC.

When i finish everything in hollow knight i'm gonna buy dead cells.

Is dead cells out of Early Access yet?
I want to try it but I swore to myself I would never by an early access game again.

I don't know anything about dead cells, just know its similliar to hollow knight so i want to try it.

Elaborate, what's so wrong with it?

It's been out of EA for a couple of months. Worth it.

Metroidvania? Aquaria, Castlevania SotN.
Random games? Diablo 2, Elona, Disgaea, modded skyrim, nwn1 modules, xpiratez.

Garry's Mod if you want to sink hundreds if not thousands of hours, you can do anything in it and has infinite content. Be sure to own Counter-Strike: Source tho.
If you want an actual game in a similar fashion like Hollow Knight I recommend you Rain World, is a beautiful and challenging game with really great world building. Someone in a a sale thread recommended me this game and it became one of my favorites.

Attached: gmod9.jpg (1600x900, 242K)

I feel you OP. I can't for the life of me find anything new to play and just keep replaying my old favorites.

Attached: 1554837895265.png (471x785, 294K)

>rain world

As says, your best chance is waiting for Silksong

I played Pathfinder: Kingmaker a few weeks ago and got a decent amount of time out of it, even while playing on dumb babby difficulty.
Currently playing Underrail and having a blast. Heard it also wastes a decent amount of time.

Attached: BULLDOZER.jpg (600x800, 60K)

something wrong with that?

Attached: Miros.gif (508x326, 122K)

What do you want, a metroidvania?
You have played every single Metroid and Castlevania by now, haven't you user?

Eagle Island was recently released. Has anyone played it. Is it any good?

I don't like it.

Subnautica is good for getting lost in.

>tfw played everything but the metroid games because I don't like them

I wouldn't say all of them, still gotta play Guaca-melee

Mount and Blade Warband. I’m not even into most sims or realistic historical games but a friend bought it for me and suddenly like 10 hours passed in what felt like minutes.

>and I need to fill the void
Hah, I get it

Hyper light drifter is pretty dope. Go play it right now.

La-Mulana is the king of cryptic puzzles. Don't feel bad if you need to look up a guide at some points. Rain world is a great game but it's definitely very frustrating at times. Remember you can embed spears in walls and floors. Figure out how to do backflips, dashes, and rolls. If you jump at a special time during a dash you can get a lot of height than you can then chain into a roll. The game is non-linear but you're encouraged to a certain path. You should avoid Drainage System and head to Industrial Wastes. After that don't go up or all the way to the right. You'll make your way to Garbage Wastes. At that point you'll just get progressing. I would highly recommend against climbing The Wall and entering 5P backwards because it skips a ton of the game.

Attached: 1562530868560.jpg (1200x1800, 208K)