Lost Valley from Sonic Forces is NOT peak level design

Lost Valley from Sonic Forces is NOT peak level design.
youtu.be/eny_LkEkWdY

Attached: sonic_forces.jpg (1024x713, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-dG1sK4fXDY
youtu.be/LiJVJ0OaXpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>shit game has shit levels
You don't fucking say.

>Hate's the level that everyone claims is the best level in Forces
>Likes City Escape, the most Advance 2, straight hallway of the Adventure games
Shit taste the E-celeb, what else is new?

Attached: Sonic Forces Ramps.webm (500x280, 2.99M)

The game is shit because Cream isn't on it, Sega needs to stop rmoving Cream from all Sonic games if they wnat the franchise to succeed.

Attached: Cream 1558443958943.jpg (1000x1398, 250K)

Just fuck off lolifag. She hasn't been in a Sonic game since Generations at best and the best game to everyone in the series doesn't even have her present in them.

Woah woah woah woah woah. Do people actually think Lost Valley was good? Of coarse it's not peak sonic game design. Generations was peak sonic game design, SA 1 and 2 was peak sonic game design. Lost Valley is a terrible fucking stage and I don't need a video essay to tell me that.

He's comparing how to do a first impression first level in a Sonic game. It really don't take a scientist to see the issues of this, but people have gone on record saying "it's the first level, it's meant to be so linear!" before. They did when damage controlling how linear "City" was in the E3 demo and claimed it's the first level, only to then get BTFO when it was revealed it's like the 6th level in the game.

>inb4 sissyhog spammer shows up
Fuck off, we already gave our opinions long ago

Attached: 5477.jpg (486x400, 82K)

They always have strange things to say
youtu.be/-dG1sK4fXDY

Absolutely disgusting

Fucking embarrassing. What's so difficult to get right about this?

especially when even the most amateur of people can replicate it better
youtu.be/LiJVJ0OaXpM

The only good or at least decent level in Forces was Mortar Canyon

>CD Jump sound
Disgusting but still better than Sonic Team.

Ok, can I honestly ask why so many people hate that sound? It never bothered me even once, sure it sounds kinda odd compared to the regular one, but it's just a slightly altered version...
I guess what I'm saying is that it's a hatred that's more confused me than anything for years.

Attached: album-art-full.png (1600x1600, 2.13M)

Far to high pitched and hurts my ears. The one used in SA1 was a better version of that, but the Sonic 1-Mania one is best.

I suppose it makes more sense when you put it that way, honestly if you want my hot take on it, I wonder why so many fangames use it.

Not a map but Infinite was wasted potential.

Even worse when it can be done even in 3D

Attached: hardcore parkour.webm (800x378, 1.12M)

source?

...I can't find it
It's the same guy that made Sonic Islands, I got it from his twitter but forgot his name.

>tfw Lost World had potential with the parkour system but was dragged down by countless other shit
It still bothers me to this day, we got the first non boost game in years, and they fucked it up.

Attached: ca2.gif (416x359, 364K)

Because those are hardcore CDfags and lap up anything CD, even down to the style of Sonic looking like he did in the OVA.

Thanks user. Steve Taylor. @SteveTGames

Same, thanks for the help.

Attached: 1500849364638.png (300x464, 138K)

Attached: Sonic 2.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Well at least people are still using Dreams I see.
>Use Dreams
>Doesn't make NiGHTS playable
One job.

I wanna torture gaydow.

Attached: 1564274656039.jpg (800x800, 208K)

wrong board

who the fuck said it was

Attached: cream1557345619258.jpg (540x540, 55K)

Doesn't look perfect but still leagues better than whatever diarrhea dribbles out of Sonic Team's asshole.

Their main problem is that they used the boostshit Sonic engine as the base for their Classic 2D sections in Generations, so it felt like a complete duct tape job. Lost World's engine in Forces just made it even more apparent since that game's physics (or lack thereof, webm related) are even worse for Classic style gameplay. Maybe, MAYBE, if Sonic Team built an engine with Classic physics in mind, we'd get something more presentable, but at this point, I'm not even convinced they could do it if they tried. Which as others in this thread have pointed out, is absolutely baffling, since it's actually not even that hard to implement some halfway decent Classic Sonic physics, in 2D or 3D.

But, I guess we're just in the minority on this one. The majority doesn't see a problem with it. As long as a Sonic game is "good enough for the masses", they'll never improve on the fundamentals. Very sad. Fans really are the last hope of this series clawing its way out of abject mediocrity.

Attached: 1451435770519.webm (400x320, 2.88M)

I at least hope Sega will be smart enough to keep Whitehead & Co for more 2D games in the future, because that retro engine he made is literally every classicfag's wet dream with how near perfect it is.

Attached: 1534754710690.png (1920x1080, 74K)

>sonic 3 a.i.r got a new update
nice