All memes aside, it's not a half press. As soon as the button is pressed down, it IS pressed 100%...

All memes aside, it's not a half press. As soon as the button is pressed down, it IS pressed 100%. Releasing it isn't part of the press process.

Attached: tj.png (354x357, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fsQwUJTC_Pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>On a single star basis you'd round it up to 3, but in a full game run you round it down to 2
>Since the first A-press counts in some contexts but adds no additional A-presses in other contexts, we refer to it as half an A-press
Half press is not meant literally. I know this OP is bait, but I also know some legitimate retards that STILL don't understand this.

It's a clever way of thinking about a button press that allows you to talk about how many presses it takes to get individual stars AND have the total sum to the correct number of stars when considering them collectively. That is all it is, don't overthink it.

fuck off tj "henry" yoshi

Why not just push the a button down halfway? I thought they were pressure sensitive?

>We name things nonsensically and then get upset when people misunderstand us.
Unending autism.

pressure sensitive buttons are a retarded idea

>misunderstands a basic bitch explanation told many times with examples just because a term isn't used literally
Utter retardation. Do you have similar trouble understanding the phrase "raining cats and dogs"?

what the fuck does releasing A actually do in mario 64? Oh yeah, that's right, FUCKING NOTHING.

It allows you to press A again. You can't press A if you're still half-press.

You are completely correct. But think of it like this. The runners are counting the number of presses. Lets say a run took 25 A presses and the runner held the A button when entering the stage. You could say that it took "25 presses and 1 held" or you could say it took "25.5 presses."

>It allows you to press A again.
Which isn't worth anything when the guy's ultimate goal is to do everything without pressing A.

>Releasing it isn't part of the press process.
>He's never heard of negative edge

Attached: 1530293223004.gif (200x153, 2.48M)

>Doubling down.
Big yikes. You can make up all the stories and reasons you want, but if you say A, but expect people to understand B you're a fucking smoothbrain.

>t. tj """"""""""henry"""""""""" yoshi

Exactly. That's why it's important to start with a half-press, to cut down on how many times he's pressed A.

> but if you say A, but expect people to understand B
I expect them to understand it after its been explained to them instead of having a mental handicap inhibiting normal brain functionality.

I can't tell if you people are actually retarded or not. He explains it in the video. The A button being held down has different properties/effects than the A button not being held down. "Half A-press/0.5x A-press" is just a way of denoting what method they were using to complete a particular challenge, so that way they can put down "Watch for rolling rocks in 0.5x A-presses" instead of "Watch for rolling rocks with the A-button held down but never pressed during the stage to initiate a jump," you fucking autists.

user, I understand his reasoning but it's still retarded.
If you invited your friends (I know, I know, but let's pretend) for a pizza dinner but then served hamburgers everybody would think you're weird, even if you had the best reason ever to call hamburgers pizza BUT we're still okay here, the full retardation kicks in when you then get mad at your friends for not understanding what you meant in the first place.

What would you call it for the purposes of simplified notation instead of Half A-Press then?

Attached: 1482298177587.png (1024x768, 40K)

>the full retardation kicks in when you then get mad at your friends for not understanding what you meant in the first place.
To which I refer to the prior post you replied to. Anger only comes after they still don't understand and continue to argue literal meaning when it was blatantly told that it wasn't literal.

>Anger only comes after they still don't understand and continue to argue literal meaning when it was blatantly told that it wasn't literal.
Says the user who was basically already on the verge of tears when he bumped this bait thread from page 10 just to make sure that nobody would have the audacity to misunderstand this bullshit.

so if he enters the level having already pressed a, what is the difference between that and not using it at all?

>food analogy
like fucking cake-work

>Says the user who was basically already on the verge of tears when he bumped this bait thread from page 10
My only mistake is continuously replying to you who doesn't know how to fucking sage

I feel kind of bad for pannen. He's one of those autists that are also a one in 10 million talent, kind of like Mozart.

he'd have to press a once he entered the stage

because, if he just plays that level by itself, it requires one A press.
But if he plays the entire game, that level requires 0 A presses.

Therefore, we need some distinction

Well, I enjoyed this autistic hypothetical argument.

>”nonsensically”
It makes perfect sense if your IQ is above 70.

Some things have the button press register on release which is why its referred to as a full A-press and only pressing it down but not releasing is a half press

Personally there is no gain to calling it .5 rather than 1 and you have all this retarded argumentation to lose but the experts determine the terminology not the laymen

So did I.

Pressing A the first time allowed him to collect another star somewhere else, he just strategically never let go.

It's taking the idea of a press to its logical limit. I can tap A super fast to do a short hop. I can hold A for a full half second to do a really high hop. I can hold A for 10 seconds to glide with the wing cap. All of these count as a single press of the button, our unit isn't A Press Seconds, it's just A presses.
So, why not extend that even further? A 30 second hold is still one press. A 5 minute hold is still one press. The loading zones in game don't matter, pressing and holding the button for 5 minutes is the same action regardless of what doors we go through.

It's a fun thought experiment, which is what the ABC is at heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=fsQwUJTC_Pc

soon anons

I'm so fucking hyped holy shit.

this. The autist is making up a definition that doesn't make sense.

It lets you drop off hangable ceilings.

soon

Attached: 2744662-snap0129.jpg (640x480, 195K)