LBP Thread

Attached: 1450550247164.jpg (1280x1024, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Sa1_Qo5bhY
youtube.com/watch?v=ht0yLJt7K4I
youtube.com/watch?v=T0RvPYRRRbE
youtube.com/watch?v=vAGM6fibnG8
youtube.com/watch?v=JXGbaWE2NjM
youtu.be/vAGM6fibnG8
youtube.com/watch?v=SqLLBKlyH24
youtube.com/watch?v=WxPdrK8uuwY&list=PLF000EB573891300C&index=5
youtu.be/jwZKjIpFGLc
youtube.com/watch?v=RVv8LOb96Mc
youtu.be/9t-uMxEYZMo
youtube.com/watch?v=89X0rn2osE0
youtube.com/watch?v=0ztdqrMRiKc&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=p8p08Wi2Iqg
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ektm1CiHyQ
youtu.be/2u2XR8WkfAM
youtu.be/y0FWr32MFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=eSw92CCHraA
youtu.be/W0CWX0Vdp74
youtube.com/watch?v=-BU-xadE77k
youtube.com/watch?v=YiHEWozeAb8
youtu.be/1IayKZtcjDU
youtube.com/watch?v=rOJOQt6x6dc
youtu.be/rBuGispd-I0
youtu.be/kwzx9l3tgko
youtu.be/aOfRuJZdINQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EwAHLyWELFM
youtu.be/AiHyFyqrtQk
youtube.com/watch?v=q2K42HTPkZE
youtube.com/watch?v=kCGmwaxlMW4
youtu.be/7v2FmaLNJOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*ahem*
FUCK SUMO AND FUCK LBP3

If you ever step on my patch

Man I fucking loved everything about LBP. The community levels were great with friends. I remember this one level where your're trying to escape rocket sharks by jumping between a bunch of small floating platforms. Grappling/smacking each other into the water, then watching as the shark fucking blasted towards them, while also frantically trying to make it to the end was a very unique kind of fun. The near misses, quick payback and chaotic nature of the shark made everything even better

They botched it on release and long after, the story was lacking hard too. The only thing I liked was the addition of so many tools for creators, but half the tutorials were fucking broken, and showed they didn't even bother to test things
I'll bring you down
I'LL BRING YOU DOWN

PSP lbp was the game i bought my 3000 with back in high school and i fucking loved it. and then the psn got hacked and we got the ps3 game for free and that one was even better. 2 was still a great game, but the creator was the only thing better than 1. 1 had the better story mode

Dreams is lbp 4. its everything i wished lbp could do back in the day

It is, being MM's dreamchild and everything. I will say this, it was really cool to play lbp with all of it's limitations, than later seeing someone break those limits in creative ways. It's not a complaint, but that simplicity is something I'll miss.

People are already doing the same with dreams. Some people even figured out rudimentary splitscreen games, it reminds me when people broke LBP2 into allowing basic janky FPS levels

>tfw not sure if I should bother to get a PS4 just for dreams when the PS5 is just around the corner.

Have they already confirmed there won't be a physical release?

SI HICIERA UNA LISTA DE MIS ERRORES
DE LOS MENORES HASTA LOS PEORES

Attached: 8h124f.jpg (354x286, 15K)

There probably will be a physical release when the game is out of early access but they haven't confirmed or denied anything yet

youtube.com/watch?v=4Sa1_Qo5bhY

Attached: 543543878.jpg (250x214, 9K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ht0yLJt7K4I

I know it's some gay shit but this song makes me teary when I listen to it now.

They really need to shill this game more otherwise I fear its gonna be DOA. Think its a big problem that they can't use a mascot like sackboy to advertise.

>Cute song instrumentals
>Actual song is about a coma
youtube.com/watch?v=T0RvPYRRRbE
All of the dude's music follows that trend, too. Not that they're all about coma, but that they're some depressing shit coated in sugar.

Attached: 1553908557957.png (286x239, 79K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vAGM6fibnG8

Attached: 457743.jpg (242x250, 5K)

This still hurts

Attached: 747280CD-5615-4116-A3AF-1C282FC6237D.jpg (750x585, 346K)

>muffled glockenpop in the distance

I always felt that 2 had the better amount of game too it, but lbp1 had the most charm out of the 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=JXGbaWE2NjM

Attached: 1493363142825.jpg (640x640, 82K)

youtu.be/vAGM6fibnG8

Attached: takemeback.jpg (1120x2016, 1.01M)

1 felt more like actual paper made constructions while 2 went crazy, 3 is just a cash grab.

Who remembers the old skits people would make.
They were so badly made but man they were such a joy to watch.
Side story lbp came out when I was still a gaming idiot and thought it was on the ps2 so I searched everywhere trying to find a copy
youtube.com/watch?v=SqLLBKlyH24

youtube.com/watch?v=WxPdrK8uuwY&list=PLF000EB573891300C&index=5

Attached: 2154347459563.png (384x281, 193K)

what was playstation thinking during the ps4 launch handing over their beloved franchises like infamous and lbp to random other studios?

kino

youtu.be/jwZKjIpFGLc

Attached: 7FF50F9D-AF02-430B-A16D-7639145CA0B3.jpg (593x620, 147K)

>InFamous
Sucker punch made both second son and first light.

fuck all of you for making me remember the golden times

Attached: 1560075224175.png (720x405, 493K)

they have the Imps which they should push more as a mascot character to attach to advertising. although they're not as charming as the OG sack child

>they have the Imps which they should push more as a mascot character to attach to advertising

They're glowing ball cursors with faces on them. Hard to use as a mascot tbqhwyf

Welcome to my world, welcome to my world
welcome to my world, welcome to my world

Attached: 234232436734.jpg (1312x1312, 129K)

AAA

youtube.com/watch?v=RVv8LOb96Mc

Attached: Little-Big-Planet-small-0044.jpg (640x360, 29K)

I know dude. The time of my life that I played the LBP games were the peak of my life, and every time I think of those times it just reminds me that my life will never be as good as it was then.

Attached: f.jpg (160x160, 8K)

Does LBP4 have all the content from the past games? Any negatives?

I don’t care too much about the community but I just like autistically recreating places in my life in LBP to seal them as memories. I am moving to another state and want to recreate some places in this town before I move

You mean LBP3?
Yeah its a buggy piece of shit and creating in it is a nightmare.

AND EVERYTHING IS GOING TO THE BEAT

So LBP2 is the best option then? I got that one but I never got too far in the story and I rather play stuff on my PS4 since it’s easier. But I’ll stick to that if LBP3 sucks

they were able to make lbp in dreams so yes
youtu.be/9t-uMxEYZMo
you can do almost anything

Is Dreams even a game? Just looks like a program to create games. Which is cool, but while take time to learn a program that is locked onto a PS4 game. You can’t actually sell it on steam or anything

I remember playing a well made level in LBP1 called "Secuity breach". Whoever made it did a swell job.

Things are always clearer when you look back. Its even more sad when you consider SP/platformers by AAA are on the way out.

It's a full game or at least its going to be when it leaves early access and gets a full campaign. Its not as complicated as it seems, basically lbp but 3d

every time i listen to this i shed a tear
i can bros.. i wanna go back..

>sold my 10 year old ps3 i got a kid, complete with lbp 1 and 2
it was a good ride friend
i cant count the hours ive spent on these two games, man

Attached: IMG_20190724_154454.jpg (354x628, 24K)

youtube.com/watch?v=89X0rn2osE0

>sold my 10 year old ps3
Why? Its still got some life in it. There might be some games you've missed.

i need money and i dont really play on consoles anymore
i rarely even play video games other than stalker mods

That's a shame. Maybe you'll revisit it again some day.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ztdqrMRiKc&t=3s

Attached: 345676545.jpg (653x490, 32K)

any good way to emulate LBP?

tried once with some popular emulator, barely could get 5 fps in the tutorial

Attached: 1534856894255.png (1102x967, 501K)

omg remember that boring shit?

I miss these games.

Don't think I would care much for them now; but at the time they came out I loved them

youtube.com/watch?v=p8p08Wi2Iqg

t. uncreative brainlet

No.
You can't emulate the community anyway.

>try to make a level
>can't figure out the dumb wiring
>meh I'll finish it later
>never finish it and now both games are dead
This game just reminds me of regret.

i remember seeing how many layers of material it would take to stop an atom bomb

lbp 2 still gets more players than battlefield 4, last time i checked it had over 5000 active players

I'll never be 12 playing LBP community levels where it should me how to turn my sackboy into different marvel characters ever again.. lads

When are they going to release LBP1+2 on PC and revive the community?

honestly this
I would kill to get LBP on PC
Imagine the levels

if only they did...
one can dream

Attached: serveimage(9).jpg (225x225, 6K)

I never played past the second one, which by the way was totally worth of a sequel for what it added.
Was the third one bad? Did it add any worthwhile shit or was it a shameless cashgrab?

Third game wasn't made by the same devs and was a buggy mess from what I heard.

I dropped 50 bucks on LBP DLC back in the day, looking back i feel like it was a complete waste of money, but can't deny the fun i had playing those MGS and Pirates of the Caribbean levels.

I got onto fucking infamous because of that too.
Greatest fucking hack in history of gaming.

The next big step for MM and their community is Dreams right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ektm1CiHyQ

bros...

>You can't emulate the community anyway.
why are you doing this to me user

Attached: 1541425390500.jpg (459x599, 191K)

I remember using my mom's credit card for all the dlc without her knowing and when she found out i was grounded for a week and my ps3 taken away.. good times

Attached: 1563147889005.jpg (125x108, 2K)

There's been a lot of feels had today. A lot of feels....

Attached: 1559155095442.jpg (597x596, 57K)

Based. Had to get those MGS4 costumes my friend

I remember faking the crown and the beta things like the vest and the hazmat suit

>You will never get to hop on lbp2 after a long week a school on a friday
>you will never get goosebumps from the thrill of waiting for the next 2 mm picks on sunday
>you will never get to play rolplay levels with your friends where you can slapfight inside dream homes
>you will never get to show off your new costume to friends
>you will never experience a working dive in feature
>you will never go into creative mode with friends and spawn in lag bombs for the fuck of it
>you will never get to play levels so mindblowing that they freeze your ps3 unless you play them within 5 minutes of starting up your console
Why did you leave Media Molecule?

Attached: JUSTman.jpg (557x595, 154K)

I used up all of my 50€ i got for my birthday. My zommer brother still makes fun of me because of it to this day, but he conveniently forgets that he also kept playing the damn series for longer than i did.

holy shit you brought back a lot of memories for me thanks user. i was a real asshole with lag bombs, i'd try to get invited into random people's moons and use as many as possible.
I also kind of miss those shark survival levels

>ywn play angry whale encounter for the first time ever again

>tfw Sony might soon shut down the servers on PS3 so you will never be able to experience lbp ever again

Attached: tumblr_pmgxfnMPLk1ufzrtb_540.jpg (540x537, 61K)

youtu.be/2u2XR8WkfAM

Attached: 1562616986763.jpg (634x484, 45K)

>the pod controller sounds
This fills me with excitement
Listening to this, waiting for the level to load
Honestly my biggest complaint with LBP 2 was how you couldnt do anything but read reviews and shit on a level if it was loading

>mfw The Reeling

Attached: HORRIBLE.png (94x94, 18K)

>could never aim that fucking harpoon properly
>once the whale destroys the ship your only hope is to spawn the jet pods
>whales can literally jump out of the water and down the base's helicopter
loved playing the level but hated how I could never beat it with friends

Attached: WHIIIRRRRRRR KRRRAASHHHHHEEWWW KLEERCLACK SSPLUUURRP.jpg (458x458, 30K)

>play random bomb survival level with other players
>level ends
>go to their pod
>King of the Hill slap fight on top of the ps3 controller and fucking around with stickers for a while
>host goes to the controller
>puts us on creative mode
>start making some silly rocket car
>guy pulls out a bot playing some shitty pop music recorded over the mic
>another pulls out a random ass space ship he got form another level that fills up the level meter for up to 50% or so
>other guy making a line of rockets to see it go crazy when the host puts the creative mode back on play
>random disconnect
>back to pod alone
>go and search for another level with randoms for another adventure

great times

Attached: ep8caphomer.jpg (320x320, 16K)

how did you guys decorate your pod?

>Remember the first time i got lbp 2
>some random guy joins me, ive just finished the first levels and have no idea
>join him around
>he introduces me to his friends
>we play around for a bit
>ey see you later dawg
>he never logs back in

Attached: killme.png (532x425, 498K)

i did the neon pod glitch, some people had paintball guns and jets and shit i never knew how

ive tried making the pod glitch but never managed to
ive kept it a clusterfuck, random or just plain

Media Molucule didn't want to do anything with LBP anymore.

tfw i made a kick ass music track for a friend who was making a level but he never published it. i was so proud of it

ill never forget the day my disc scratched right before playing the last level, the negativitron boss fight. fuck.

Attached: 1542327814190.jpg (621x502, 47K)

>guy joins my pod
>he has the lethal flame glitch
>try to play a level with him
>it starts with a cutscene so I automatically die because I spawn on top of him
>go back to pod
>don't know how to kick people so I start yelling at him in all caps
>thought of this two days ago and can't stop laughing at how retarded I was
>realize he was probably laughing at how retarded I was when I did it at the time
Aaah good times

Attached: shit.jpg (343x357, 59K)

>Actual song is about a coma
What makes you say so? The song is about breaking up or something. We wrote it after he broke up with his GF.

>we

> reddit-tier humour
> over usage of stephen fry
> boring story levels
> dev team of "top creators" from LBP2 who've done nothing but make visually impressive LBP levels with not a single ounce of fun, who cut Cool Levels, obviously due to their jelousy of "bad" levels getting massively popular
> Children no longer can get their levels played or access the community like they could in LBP2 due to these autistic 30 year old men

Except he didn't, since Sleepyhead is from Chunk of Change, which was a Valentine's gift to his GF at the time.

> ywn slap your lbp girlfriend again

Attached: 1460248428953.jpg (542x616, 55K)

Never spoke to her again, but i still have her on my friends list. She plays From Software games now

Yeah, the lack of a central character hurts the game in a multitude of ways. Nothing in Dreams will be as good as sackboy, every "character" aviable will come from the game'sactual creation engine and will suffer less tight controls/jank as a result. It's like a whole game where Sackboy is controlling shitty rocket vehicles or low-grav, spinning boxers the whole time.

Isn't the central character the little imp you use as a cursor?

Except there's already dozens of characters with much tighter controls than floaty Sackboy, and we haven't even got the dev-made campaign yet

>Ywn play LBP2 levels with friends after a shit day in high school again

I remember playing some parody level called "Into the ass of the negativitron"

>end of lbp 1
>the creators tell that cardboard little guy that they can be his friends
>lbp 2
>we see him locked up in the insane asylum
shit got dark

don't do this to me, guys

Attached: 1541630261130.jpg (327x239, 10K)

Maybe I remember it wrong and there was no break up, but it's analogy about their relationship and it's basically an apology for his wrong actions and flaws. And it is definitely not about a fucking coma.

>tfw you'll never stay up until 2 am playing bomb survival levels ever again

Attached: 1541505940077.jpg (1200x675, 78K)

Attached: unknown.png (868x76, 4K)

So was the third game just bad?

What happened to it bros?

Attached: ezgif-2-806edb79f835.jpg (1024x576, 141K)

Tsunami survival is where the real men were at

Well, no shit? I just looked it up, you're right.
That's a fucking weird song to put on your GF's valentine's gift.

you fucked up hard user

Has Sumo ever made a decent game?

They already shut them down in japan I believe, so our time is now on the clock

>You didn't move the left and right sticks to the beat of a song and watch sackboy play along

lbp is political? wtf

>Tfw you dig out your old ps3 and see all your old lbp friends haven't used their ps3 in years and they got new account names when moving to ps4 so you don't know how to contact them

Attached: GuysWhereAreYou.jpg (749x694, 46K)

would you say that the failure of lbp3 is a perfect example of a game genre that has lived past it's prime or just another example of rehash soulessness despite being objectively better mechanics-wise?

Attached: 1544232156511.jpg (400x400, 29K)

There were some great new tools but a significant amount of them were bugged. I had a level of mine ruined because, midway through, the camera stopped following sackboy and essentially got stuck on an abandoned part of the level (this only occured in play mode, not create mode, I could never figure out why). The 12 layers feature was a mistake because ever level LBP1 and 2 was breakable by simply backstepping beyond the initial 3 layers and running behind everything (not to mention the backgrounds of those games getting visually clipped into by actual in-engine assets). The story had way too much voiced dialogue and, while it tried to be charming, it was really gay. To top it all off, the dev team Sumo had hired a bunch of "top creators" from LBP2 who had never made a single fun level in their lives, only visually impressive levels, and they went and axed the "Cool Levels" option in the community level search menu. So basically, the community could no longer grant popularity and success to any levels organically through the like/hearts trending system - you just had "New Levels" and "Developer Picks." The actual children all got fucked over by 30 yr old autistic men who'd spent LBP2 seething at things like Bomb Survival being successful.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing games and the Xbox 360 version of Forza Horizon 2. Other than that they're remembered for duds like LBP3 or Crackdown 3

ive always loved bomb survival

>tfw made my psn account years ago with a ridiculously long and random email address and still remember it & its password to this day
>most people i knew moved on and switched accounts, out of the 24 people i had added only 1 still remained active and hes a shithead

Attached: 1528826330142.png (626x667, 594K)

wrong image
fuck that just makes me sadder

Attached: 1544157878494.gif (300x300, 3K)

>Tfw I'm one of the five people who played LBPK and enjoyed it
youtu.be/y0FWr32MFTM

I had lbpk before any lbp game and found it neat.
Creating tracks was a huge pain but I was probably just a retard and didn't know how to work it.

Played the beta of the game. It is a shame that a good portion of that content didn't make it in aside from the shitty Top Ride like mode. Didn't make any tracks myself but I did 100% the game.

never thought i would be nostalgic for the ps3 era

Remember all those levels giving away emo sackboy costumes? There were a fuckton of those.

i made a deadpool costume tutorial before they made the marvel dlcs

Cul quiere que le cante?

yes. i made my own emo hair out of teeth i thought i was so cool

Is there any stated reason why they put some spanish songs in the game? I love that they did that.

youtube.com/watch?v=eSw92CCHraA

>Last Online 2 or More Years Ago

Attached: 1555818475976.png (988x612, 590K)

Welcome to my world

I miss this game so much

Does anyone else remember back in the LBP2 days there was a player named Latin_Player_10 who copied people's levels and claimed them as his own and the "cool" section was always filled with his copied levels? And everyone would complain and bitch about him and make rant levels about him?

Yup, and I didn't even bother paying attention to the rant levels. I just played his levels anyway with friends.

>rant levels
Oh boy those were an experience

Won't be the last we'll see of Sackboy.

I still have LBP2 on PS3, I just need friends. I can just boot up my PS3 and maybe we can play Yea Forumsfrenz?

Attached: 6f681776a30487a82168d725c09e15cbcf832c1f.jpg (640x360, 16K)

>tfw lost my psn acc pass and email

Attached: 69b.jpg (1333x1579, 88K)

>Media Molucule didn't want to do anything with LBP anymore.
Wrong media molucule was focused on making dreams

i thought the lbp2 servers were shut down

Ive played lbp 1 and 2 a week ago online

I remember you user, you were the only one making lbp threads weekly with your ingame art of Eve. How long ago was that now?

I'd gladly play if I still had a ps3.

I like dreams, i think its a fantastic kit but it's never going to be LBP again, creativity flourishes in limitation and the fact that its basically an easy to use game engine takes away a huge amount of the charm of LBP.

LBP had the benefit of ALWAYS being a platformer AT LEAST, meaning the barrier to entry was low, and it was so much more exiting playing non platforming levels like the FPS in LBP1 or the kart racing in LBP2 because it subverted your expectations.

pic very related

Attached: soul.jpg (774x421, 163K)

About 3-4 years ago. I'm still a crappy drawfag.

Attached: 100_7848.jpg (1214x678, 259K)

youtu.be/W0CWX0Vdp74

THE WHEEL

FUCK the wheel dude

>played little big planet in 2008 with my then girlfriend
>we were both 19
>played little big planet last weekend with my now wife and our 2 kids

it works out in the end, lads. don't be sad, there's always good times coming up.

It's pretty great how there were so many crazy good custom levels in this game. I wonder if we'll ever get another one.

H-haha, yeah...

>chad already found life partner at 19
>just be yourself lmao it all works out in the end :)
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Attached: 1563910259101.jpg (484x485, 115K)

met her when we were 6, started dating at 17.

dont rub it in

Attached: 1460483545446.jpg (1080x720, 299K)

>Had a girlfriend and a bunch of friends that would hang out and play LBP and other games
>Single and none of those friends interact with me that much anymore
Life is pain.

I MISS MY LBP GIRLFRIEND
PLEASE I WANNA GO BACK

Attached: 5342612432423.jpg (546x546, 73K)

MM has been using that bear from the early trailers along with the imps as a mascot for Dreams

Attached: 1552003509547.jpg (1024x1024, 232K)

Nope. It's literally what they said.

Fucking shit, why are we still here? just to suffer

Attached: 35BC18E86FC448A2BEF4BA7038708E51.jpg (476x564, 52K)

Much much simpler times. I fucking miss it bros

Attached: 1540935806013.jpg (528x516, 177K)

TAKE ME BACK

>When the flute comes in

Attached: Oh Yes.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>over 10 fucking years ago
Where did the time go?

Attached: 1560994139683.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>have nostalgia for this song because I was younger when playing LBP
>get around to finally watching the actual music video and read the translations
>its about an older dude dying and regreting all his life decisions he made since he was a kid
I didnt ask for these feels!

youtube.com/watch?v=-BU-xadE77k

Attached: 1553466586244.jpg (2048x1756, 162K)

>Speak Taco fluently
>Understand it from the start
>Morbidly fits the zombie wedding theme better than if I didn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=YiHEWozeAb8

I really hope Mm releases LBP assets and levels for Dreams. People has been recreating things, and although they are really great its just not the same. Though some people have been straight up ripping sounds and music from LBP to Dreams which is great too, and Mm doesnt seem to care.

Yeah. It has to do with the fact that LBP was made by a full team where as these dreams are made by single individuals. They get rather close though.

The memories are flooding back god damn.

Attached: 1553939969395.png (255x205, 68K)

LBP Vita was a great swan song for the series. Had some of my favorite music and level designs. Not to mention it introduced the Memorizer so we could finally have save files for our games.

MM employee size was reduced?

>This fucking thread
If only we could go back and do it all again. Those were simpler, sweeter times.

Attached: kokomade.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

What's stopping us? I've got my PS3 hooked up to the TV, and the servers haven't shut down. Come on guys, it's not too late to still play levels, or create that dream level, or slap people into a lava pit after the finally managed to jump across that ridiculous gap, or even hang out and chat. What's stopping us?

I think he means the fanmade levels in dreams recreating lbp are made by one person

I meant the fans who make it the team at media molecule don't make LBP clones (except for that one guy who made the vid i posted) the rest of the team is actually working on Dreams content.

Fuck you all. it is midnight and now i am having a nostalgia trip remembering the good old times.

Attached: 1529344735.gloomyacid_angry_raven_.png (1000x1000, 308K)

>The simpler time where I had time to play with my mom and friends on LBP2
I don't to feel anymore.

please unicorn

youtu.be/1IayKZtcjDU

One of the rare seventh-eight gen titles with soul and LBP had tons of it.

Is Dreams worth getting for created content alone? I don't see myself making any games.

It surprises me that people don't bring up LBP1 or 2 that often when it comes to favorite games.

fever dream-tier guilty pleasure game that is genuinely good

Dreams needs to come out already.
youtube.com/watch?v=rOJOQt6x6dc

If I had to guess its a bit of what said and I think its also because most didn't even tap into the full potential of the game which is its creation mode. I wish I had the patience and intelligence to really do cool things with it but unfortunately I just got to play what others make instead. Those who do create are enjoying a portion of the game in a way the others simply cannot.

It is a shame because despite not making any levels public I did have a good time with both the create aspect and the community when it was at its prime.

Why don't you guys just play roblox?

Attached: roblox.jpg (1200x630, 159K)

The same reason I didn't do Club Penguin, I missed out on it and I don't know if I should get in on it now.

Are there any Lewd levels in 2 & 3?

Attached: excus me.jpg (400x378, 27K)

LBP had the most JUST treatment of any vidya IP I could think of
>MM gives lbp up to sony so they can make other games
>LBP hub is announced
>LBP hub is quietly shitcanned
>LBP3 is announced
>It gets developed by sumo digital notorious for working odd-jobs
>right off the bat 3 is cut between the ps3 and ps4 dividing the player base
>games supposedly is so hard to develop because of the engine
>3's engine is apparently just based off 1's engine
>rumor has it that mm had to come back to teach sumo how to work on the thing
>3 gets a private beta instead of a public one for 2 weeks
>3 gets rushed out for black friday for extra profit
>game is glitchy out the ass
>half of the lbp2 levels are practically broken in 3 compared to the tiny handfull of broken levels from 1 in lbp2 that tried to be fancy
>the ingame store is completely broken so you have to buy everything from psn even though it's free
>on top of that there's too many gamebreaking glitches (one of them can literally trap you at the start of every level)
>2 years later we finally learn about the fate of hub
>It happens that they just recycled hub for 3 since it all has similar features to what was promised by hub
>after the journey home dlc there was practically no other peeps about lbp from sony
>despite all of this the new logic and tools offered a good amount of potential but the game was rushed out
Lbp3 was a good game turned into a cash grab when you think about it. how the fuck would you even prevent this from happening?

Attached: I showed you my coral now answer me.jpg (583x429, 30K)

Damn, I wasn't expecting these feels. I vividly remember going on skate ramp to this song in the first world. LBP was too good.

youtu.be/rBuGispd-I0
>*blocks your path*
Also, that Titanic level that was copypasted everywhere.

Attached: 20190728_233947.png (898x530, 324K)

Who here still gets birthday reply emails from lbp central forums? Last year they were the only ones to wish me a happy birthday
;..;

I can this weekend if people stick around if not will make a thread for it

I unironically enjoyed the shark levels.

the forum is still alive? I used to post there all the time in highschool

Don't you need to use shitty VR to make shit in it? Fuck that

No you don't but it's an option

>how would you even prevent this from happening

Make a new engine with a competent team.

haha fuck I did the same thing. I had completely forgotten about that

1 and 2 had some awesome songs. I never see these two talked about at all
youtu.be/kwzx9l3tgko
youtu.be/aOfRuJZdINQ

>They bring back Avalonia for one of the stages in LBPK
God, I fucking love that song.

>a random player gets on my beautiful decorated pod
>he begins insulting me and destroying my pod by deleting all the stickers
>this was before you could save pods
He's still on my PSN blacklist 10 years later.

My PS3 was shitting the can as far back as 2013 and I can't be assed to buy a new one.

You can emulate the PSP version pretty well with PPSSPP. It's obviously not the same game and the creation tools are limited, but it's something.

Dreams just isn't the same, man.

Attached: 1555443633879.gif (600x502, 37K)

Fuck.
I remember getting my first PS3 in 2010 and this being one of , if not, the first PS3 game I played.
Fuck, I wanna go back.

Attached: 1411528482487.jpg (196x225, 9K)

t. Latin_Player_10

>Remembering that one time I used to collect those little sackboy figures that was just him in different country clothes
>Never got them all
>Remember that I gave them to my nephew when clearing out for university

Attached: 1413936859049.jpg (640x480, 44K)

You sound like a broken man, I'm sorry your kid did this to you.

What kid

>3-4 years ago

Attached: 1562635453759.png (547x556, 344K)

I'm too tired for these memories right now. Stop it.

I distinctly remember a Sticker that said "COMRADES!" in red letters there

Wasnt that just for the aesthetic

>platforming game
>shitty floaty jumps ruin the platforming aspect and make the game into nothing more than a glorified powerpoint presentation
why do people like this game again

Attached: 9532892309260.jpg (600x600, 47K)

Suck a dick.

Attached: 1547373551196.webm (720x480, 2.13M)

Based

look at that wonky ass land on :27
sorry but the game is just shitty

Be sure to swallow like a good boy.

nice job on making that powerpoint presentation btw

lbp 4 wen?

>nostalgia: the thread
I used to spend ages making lbp and infamous 2 UGC levels. The tools were heaps janky and hard to use on a controller but I’d go back and do it all again.

Attached: 47B0D53A-AD75-49FA-B22A-4371EA5F7D8B.jpg (739x415, 52K)

How did they get away with this?

Attached: meerkats.jpg (1920x1080, 568K)

>Never played LBP
>Watching this almost made me feel like I did
youtube.com/watch?v=EwAHLyWELFM

Attached: meto.jpg (800x450, 133K)

I just got this game for 2 bucks does anyone still play it on ps3 ?

>That 7 part autism tutorial he made

youtu.be/AiHyFyqrtQk

Attached: tenor.gif (498x490, 1.58M)

youtube.com/watch?v=q2K42HTPkZE

Attached: 1534863638997.png (444x444, 109K)

>tfw miss the days of LBP
>tfw Dreams will inevitably never live up to LBP community-wise and never be even close to as successful
im hurt

> that one fucking level on the demo version with the colored shapes in a black void with this song

never could find that fucking level in the full game or on the community.

Dreams is gonna flop so hard. I feel bad for MM.

>TFW I still remember lbp 1 launch day
>16 at the time
>My friend got it on launch day since it was his birthday and after school all of us went to his and we played through the campaign with 4 players
>TFW they have moved away/have families now
The memories hurt

Attached: 1561946005140.jpg (639x592, 63K)

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I did a pretty cool Bioshock one; with pipes, seaweed, and diving stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=kCGmwaxlMW4

Attached: sad.jpg (442x600, 75K)

>tfw they start doing Mm picks in Dreams and you finally get that pick you always wanted in LBP

good feel, and only 10 years late

I FUCKING KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE THIS

Attached: 3df62adc3b28cc69ea9099a435646caa.jpg (236x282, 22K)

The Islands was so comfy.
youtu.be/7v2FmaLNJOU

> make a very challenging and difficult level
> not a great level, but more the parts are more inventive than the standard difficult level
> get a ps3 inbox message one day
> someone spent 13 hours playing it, only to reach one point where the level Collapsed and made further progress impossible
> this autist decided to spend another 12 hours trying to bypass the broken level part anyway
> had to turn off ps3 in fear of overheating
> is asking me for a free warp back to the stop

Still the funniest morning I've ever had

only in japan i think

Honestly, why the fuck is Dreams PS4 exclusive? Dreams seems like the type of game that lends itself well to PC.

It was one of my favourite game but my only regret is that i did not have any friends to play the game with and was too autistic to play with random people.

Attached: 1231.png (509x619, 8K)

>the meerkat level
>the first and second wedding levels
>when you first get to mexico
>the construction site level
>when you beat the Oni's castle
>the magician's temple
>beating the bunker
>acing the bunker
so many good memories from that first game, feels so strange to be here now years later cherishing those memories, I wish things could be like they were back then

Attached: 667658.jpg (544x530, 27K)

This post does the complete opposite of what you intended.

Attached: 1404465832896.jpg (271x267, 8K)

Why is Mario Switch exclusive?

LBP PSP had some really cool DLC levels. Really would've loved to see those levels remade in 1/2.

Attached: IMG_20170619_190200.jpg (1500x1100, 251K)

please stop

what were your hidden gem levels anons? I can remember a few I really loved

>Little Big City, was a city a guy made that you could explore, just fun creative detail
>Real Coaster 2, a theme park level, and just theme park levels in general
>Next Stop Big City, funny little story level of you getting stranded on a farm
>Unknown Space Station, come levels of a spooky sci fi series
>all the levels by Teebonsey
>the Descent, spooky caving level
>Nice Spice, famous factory level by Poms
>the Little Big Planet Central Series where all the people from LBPC got together and made a level series

I can remember a bunch more but not their names, a lot of spooky levels and stuff like that, god those were good days

The only good PS3 game. Not worth it over the 360's golden age of gaming but definitely still a neat experience.

The Pet Sackboy trilogy will always have a place in my heart.

I can't remember the name but someone made an amazing level with a rolling ball that sticks to walls in a procedurally generated environment. It was fucking impressive

Dreams lacks something LBP had. A sense of shared identity.
You can do so much in Dreams that it can't have its own feel to it.

bump

every time i open one of these threads i get sad yet every time i see one of these threads i open it. man i miss it

Fuck it, I AM going back. My GF of 10 months will play it with me.

>seeing that LBP2 trailer for the first time

Attached: 234234131525.jpg (1022x731, 90K)

>tfw still in touch with friends I met in lbp almost 10 years ago

Attached: 1523297407718.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

pedophile

>Played LBP for several years
>PS3 yellow-rings in 2015-2016
>Put PS3 in a storage area whilst I move out to other places
>Now it's 2019.
>Want to try and fix my PS3 and bring back all my old memories
What do?

Attached: 1564234202816.png (610x699, 381K)