Why do people hate Metacritic so much?

Why do people hate Metacritic so much?

Attached: BOTW 98.jpg (426x329, 38K)

Because its shitpost fuel of the highest order

Giving just a number as a descriptor of something instead of a full and detailed description is for faggots and ADHD zoomers

Same reason why thinking people hates videogame "journos"

Because any game over 90 that rises or drops one point sends Yea Forums into a frenzy.

Pic related.

They are fucking frauds, for example take FF7. This was reviewed at least 60 times & has an average score of 96. But Metacritic only counted 20 of it's reviews which resulted in it innaccurately scoring a 92

Giving arts and entertainment a score out of ten or 100 just enables loosers to continue to dismiss stiff at facevalue, promotes shitposting and overall ruins genuine discussion.

Perfection is unobtainable, try to align a product to it fucking stupid. Just say what you liked, what you disliked, and overal would you recommend it to others?

Attached: 1550271011546.jpg (623x787, 128K)

Mostly game journalist hate it because it stops people from reading their 2000 word articles they wrote after wasting money on a journalism degree and being enough of a hipster SJW to fit in at one of these outlets

*Stuff at face value

>game I like gets a good metacritic score/game I don't like gets a bad score
>AHHHHAHAHAHA ____DRONES BTFO EAT SHIT FAGS
>game I like gets a bad score/game I don't like gets a good score
>lol who gives a shit about metacritic? it's all just paid shills, the score doesn't matter, it's just a number

Attached: 1414463857001.png (330x300, 90K)

>Games journalists
>writing more than 300 words
What planet are you living on

FPBP

>Why do people hate Metacritic so much?
Relatively easy to manipulate, too much emphasis is placed on it.
See: New Vegas metacritic score bonus.

Is that a penis with arms behind her?

I believe that metacritic has truly begun to influence video game development and for that it's getting a bit too cancerous.

People need to trust their own taste.

Attached: 1514999732327.jpg (1080x1080, 150K)

it's actually a good site since it compiles the reviews of many different sources, some of which i quite like

but the "averages" reveal the amateurism of game journalism though, see the Zelda scores (Nintendo Bonus), TP, SS and BOTW are 7/10 games at best

Most of the top games when you actually count of all the reviews & use math instead of a made up criteria like Metacritic, deserved their score
> 99 - Ocarina of Time
> 99 - Panzer Dragoon Saga
> 99 - Super Mario Bros 3
> 98 - Super Mario Galaxy
> 98 - Super Metroid
> 98 - SoulCalibur
> 98 - Grand Theft Auto IV
> 97 - Final Fantasy VI
> 97 - Metroid Prime
> 97 - Chrono Trigger
> 97 - Breath of the Wild
> 97 - Super Mario Galaxy 2
> 97 - Super Mario World 2
> 97 - Super Mario Odyssey
> 97 - Final Fantasy VII
> 97 - Portal
> 97 - Resident Evil 4
> 97 - Metal Gear Solid 2
> 97 - Tekken 3
> 97 - Grand Theft Auto V
> 97 - Metal Gear Solid (GBC)
> 97 - Halo: Combat Evolved
> 97 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
> 97 - Radiant Silvergun
> 97 - Half-Life 2
> 97 - Grand Theft Auto III
> 97 - Red Dead Redemption II
> 97 - Bioshock
> 97 - Gran Turismo
> 97 - Twilight Princess
> 97 - Half-Life
> 96 - The Wind Waker
> 96 - Batman Arkham City
> 96 - Perfect Dark
> 96 - Super Mario World
> 96 - Cave Story
> 96 - Mass Effect 2
> 96 - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
> 96 - GoldenEye 007
> 96 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
> 96 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
> 96 - Ninja Gaiden Black
> 96 - Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
> 96 - Halo 2

Because game journalists are shit. Why would i care about some arbitrary number they give to a game when i dont care for their retarded opinions about everything else.

do i have to be on the discord to get this joke

Sadly a lot of younger video game players are now following anything metacritic says by the t. It's kinda sad. Nobody wants to stand out and enjoy their own taste anymore in games. They just follow what metacritic says and calls it a day without giving games a chance or just buying the highest rated ones.

Attached: 1548670034964.jpg (256x610, 34K)

Because the score is the average of a bunch of subjective opinions, but retards will point to it as if it's an objective measure of a game's quality

>reviews are subjective, and the number scores are especially arbitrary
>BUT WHEN YOU ADD THEM ALL TOGETHER AND CALCULATE A WEIGHTED AVERAGE IT'S SUDDENLY OBJECTIVE!
It's fucking stupid.

I don't. It's a whole lot better than Rotten Tomatoes and its ass backwards way for determining an average.

who fucking cares just play vidya that look cool what the fuck are you crying about

> GTA IV
> GTA III
> GTA SA
> GTA V
> RDR2
> Tekken 3
> MGS1
> Pro Skater
> Ninja Gaiden
> Half-life 2
> Half-Life
> Halo 1 & 2
> Gran Turismo
> Skyrim
All of these were shit when they came out

Metacritic uses commercial reviewers.
Commercial reviewers make money if people like them.
Zoomers won't like a reviewer if they don't give Undertale and Fortnite a perfect 10.

Wanna know how I know you're retarded?

>criticize people as losers
>spells it “looser”

Attached: A71B91DC-61B0-4FAD-BAE3-AA21F66DDF5D.jpg (400x400, 21K)

SoulCalibur literally doesn't exist without Tekken 3

The only true answer.

Those games were shit, none of them were groundbreaking or influential in the slightest. Nobody talks about those literal who games anymore, Bloodborne is infinitely better & changed gaming forever

Metacritic has pretty much ruined BOTW threads. Its a fun game with alot of problems but unironic dicksuckers will just call people snoytards when we point out faults. There was a thread up earlier today where some Zeldatard was doing the exact same thing and I've just about had it. They're some of the worst threads on Yea Forums next to console wars.

Attached: 1557768059021.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

Attached: 13409F85-C402-4CA3-A5D5-E866D637FFB6.jpg (449x423, 62K)

score aggregate means nothing when scores mean nothing.

also metacritic is a honeypot for ads and offering clickbait-tier controversy for more page views. the site is fucking /plastered/ with ads

Are you really this fucking retarded? They’re all great games, most of them are better than Bloodborne, and 100% literally every single one of them have changed games way more than Bloodborne did. Bloodborne was great without a doubt, but it did not influence anything other than future FromSoftware games.

Doubt you were even sentient for anything but Skyrim's release

Nobody even remembers Halo anymore, it's babby shit

no more or less irrelevant than zelda

>me and my other zoomer friends don’t remember halo, so no one does

i think its more like 343 really fucked up halo and the hype isn't as healthy as it used to be when it was bungie.

much like botw really fucked up zelda and the hype isn't as healthy as it used to be.

>implies that Bloodborne impacted the videogame industry more than Halo

Attached: 1E4C16F7-6BF4-4EEA-BBAD-B985E196EA87.jpg (495x429, 80K)

Remove the Rockstar games & replace MGS1 with MGS3 and this would genuinely be a great list

They don't they just hate the retard soiboy like you who owns a Switch

Modern game reviewers have shit taste so they overrate the hell out of garbage like BotW, RDR2, GTAV, Witcher 3, Last of Us, its why the rule of 85 metacritic exists.

343 and halo, sure, but outside of Yea Forums BotW is basically worshipped up and down. I think most people are hyped about the sequel, or at the very least don’t doubt the quality of the franchise’s future based on BotW. I’m not saying the right or wrong, but it’s an observation.

I think the truth is that for all the realistic people who realized BotW was a cashgrab cheapshit pumpout garbage game, there will be irony when the BotW fans realize BotW2 is cashgrab cheapshit pumpout garbage. Even Majora's Mask was a brand new game, while BotW2 looks more like the equivalent of Ocarina's Master Quest. Gonna be a lot of retarded heavy handed recycling of assets, animations, gameplay, etc.

Wow, user. Those games are “garbage”? How I wish to be as enlightened as you.

Yeah, I was kind of excited for BotW2 but then they announced that it’s reusing the exact same overworld and I just find that really disappointing. They even admitted that the sequel was originally just DLC but then figured they’d make a whole new game around it. We’ll see though. I personally liked BotW but it has flaws.

Zelda is dead nothing will ever top the N64 days and nintendies will never accept it.

He was playing Rugrats on his older brothers PSX, he doesn't know what good games are.

lol

i understand this. seems like most friends I knew who had a playstation instead of n64 had really strange games, while almost everyone I ever knew who owned an N64 had one of, if not all it's essential 'nintendo' games. Goldeneye, SM64, Perfect Dark, and OoT seemed to be in most everyone's collection. There are a lot of great PS1 JRPG's but it really seems those weren't all too popular or well known such that "almost every PS1 owner" would have had them. I wouldn't even consider FF7 to be one of those 'everyone had it' games.

Look I get it, you guys enjoy eating shit, I can tell you all about how bad the shit you eat is but the truth is you ate shit and enjoyed it, thats all you care about, I can;t change your mind about that.

Look at that brapper.