Underrail: Expeditions

How's it going for you down in the tunnels, jack?

Attached: gottem.jpg (1131x663, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sørmirbæren_Skærder_Sword
rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11184
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just deciding between shotguns. I didn't realize this extra 3 shots addon existed, but then again, I've also literally never seen a shell belt outside of the fucking gauntlet. So I think I'm unlucky.

Attached: shotguns.png (595x877, 244K)

where the heck is the foundry leader

It's a damn good game, practically more FO than modern FO, but you don't need to keep making threads about it.

Attached: shithead.png (2352x576, 1.55M)

>use PSI and clear Depot A easy
>same for hammer
>try guns
>early game is pure suffering, weak ass damage and missing all the time
I am not hopeful for the future

Guns have a penalty based on light levels which is why pretty much any gun build requires goggles or lighting shit on fire

Take your autistic circlejerk to

take my autistic penis in your mouth, you failed wanna-be janny. Go get a Hot Pocket and stew in your own impotence, faggot. You can't do shit about it.

Fug, I might just go hammer, then.

Is STR the best stat for machetes? I wanted to do sledgehammers, but at level 4 im noticing machetes pair much better with PSI than hammers.

What stats should I have as a spear-man/pokey boi?

but machetes can't play youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q on loop

how do I get around that as a heavy armor fag? Just not wear a metal helmet?

Why the fuck to I have to press 3 keys and click some other shit just to burst my weapon

Fallout figured this out 20 years ago, why can't I fucking bind things to my mouse

I got that addon the moment I stepped into junkyard

Also why do I have to press 7 keys to reload my gun. Another thing that was simply 2 clicks

Molotovs are your best friend

Shift + Q W E R

Bursts, molotovs, find an ar with a scope

If your perception is over 8 you'll probably be fine

My perception is 7 and I relied on molotovs, kiting and bursts basically

I know brah it's just annoying, not like I haven't done it 500 times, I'm in core city

Oh and I had light armor, so you should be fine if you run metal

Reminder Aegis a shit.

Where do you find an energy edge emitter for crafting laser swords and stuff? Is it just an obscenely rare drop from containers/ vendors?

Expedition robot enemies

Don't you talk shit about coffee bro, you double nigger.

>not talking shit about North Underrail milennials
lol

Almost all of them adopt South Underrail slang by the end. They can learn.

>protectorate warehouse is now connected to a port
shit do I have kill everyone there too?

Never understimate Beast's bladelings

Just got this game, and I was getting so fucking frustrated.
>Started with guns
>Getting raped by rats in the cave
>Go everywhere but the location I'm supposed to first
>Finally get to the generator building, and power the shit up
>Kill 2 more rats
>Enter next zone, fight 5 more rats, great, love rats.
>Almost out of ammo, 2 meds left, gun busted to shit and inaccurate as hell
>Meet this fuckin cave retard
>Gay ass Crossbowfag and his two homo rat pets
>Can't finesse him because my character is too autistic.
>Great, guess I gotta fight.
>Crossbow to the nuts, Die
>Reload
>Try out bear trap in the doorway, kill a rat
>Crossbow to the nuts and eyeballs, Die
>Reload
>What if I threw this last fucking flare I have on top of the bear trap.
>Bear Trap Door
>Flare
>Run around the corner
>That fucking petshop boy actually ran into the fucking trap, his furry friends were too scared to eat those steel teeth for him.
>Round corner, hit him with one aimed shot
>He's dead
>His two rats are dead
>His whole family is dead
>my fucking face when
LET'S GO, I love this fucking game.

Attached: 1510846122180.jpg (480x534, 18K)

God damn I really want to start playing underrail but I just have too many fucking games to play.

He still dresses like a total tool, though.

How do you keep up with energy? I've seen a few night vision goggles and it looks like you'd have to jam a battery in them every 3-5 turns.

Cool, it' s just underhwelming right now. My PER is 8 but will be 15 end game. 1 point is going to STR next, then all to PER. I had to fit in 6 agil for Sprint and 7 CON to get Jugg to counter me taking the pill.

Crossbow boy is ultimate nightmare mode on guns build, pretty sure I got somewhat lucky on bursts to kill him

Guns early game is pretty tough I hybrided into psi for those sweet stuns with psychokinesis

Well I'm leveling throwing too, so I guess I can make some incendiary grenades (are those the molotoves people keep talking about?) and throwing knives to help.

Better start getting used to the idea that Six ordered us to a place full of people like him.

Fuck that, just craft and buy every Molly in existence, no fucking way are you going to get night vision goggles before depot a

Just get like 20 mollys, with 50 gun skill 7 perception I got 95 percent chance to hit everything I Mollied in depot a, I found an ar with a scope, so I got lucky with that but it shouldn't be too difficult with a regular ar

Yea you should be fine with that

Some situations I needed the stun, but if I had steel armor I might not have needed it

Holy shit mowing down entire hordes of Bladelings with tele proxy is always soa wesome

Fuck that. Tanner is none of my business. The two of them can keep hunting each other for eternity as far as I care.

Having tons of fun
Still wish we could cook
with love from SGS

I'm actually doing through depot A now. I'm a good bit past molotovs too. Been using magnesium grenades and I just learned how to make frag grenade mk iv's.
Chemistry is love. Chemistry is life

Attached: 1560761676849.jpg (1280x1706, 711K)

whats the point of catching fish if you cant cook

Not worth leveling past 60 unless you use chem pistols.

I still can't decide if I want to go spears for fun or psi for the new lore.

kys

Picked up mad chemist with my last feat and I made my first one about an hour ago.

Attached: 1539366227266.jpg (306x849, 90K)

Why not both?

What's better for a scientist/chem build? Chem pistols or crossbows?

Spears are mad as hell.

Best of luck I'm going hybrid basically 7 in every stat, if I absolutely need Steel armor I can get 8 str, crafting plus high dodge and evasion, burst feats, max guns and throwing, enough psi to get the good time spells, and psychokinesis, incase I need stun

my question exactly

>psychokinesis
We got an initiate over here

Okay so you actually can murder everyone in the warehouse and docks and even steal the protectorate cruiser and the protectorate will still be friendly.

How do i get a shotgun at the start of the game i cant afford the ones being sold

For those of you who are using gun builds, did you just take the train to rail crossing? My light riot armor/stealth pistol guy can't even damage the lunatics because of their DR.

lunatics are buff dude

What crafting do you need for steel armour? I dont understand how crafting really works

i love energy pistols!
if i tryhard i can get that 25% crit chance into 80% pretty easy

Attached: 20190727153427_1.jpg (213x36, 6K)

Either pass a persuasion check, or go out there with "your 5mm pistol," and kill enough ratons and loot enough shit to trade.

From what I gather, you have to have a certain amount of intelligence for certain feats, there are feats that give you access to some crafting things, and then there's also blueprints you buy from merchants, find in the wild, or get from quests.

If you go north from where Bisson is at the start of the game where you first meet those bandits if you take the stairs down there will be a lot of low level people with guns. One will probably drop a shotgun.

Mechanics and Tailoring.

You just need the metal armor blueprint, you can buy it in junkyard, then you need crafting skills

Wtf honestly

don't know if I want to bother with combat shotguns. the only selling point they have over regular shotguns is the burst fire which has high single turn damage, but the fact it takes all 50 action points means I gotta pop adrenaline anytime I want to do anything but stand still and shoot since I have a whopping 3 agi and 20lbs of steel and tungsten strapped to me.

Fellow metalfag here.
First, to create a metal armor, you need to get the 'blueprint', basically a blue usb drive traders sells for a small price, once you got it, download it and you will be able to craft metal armours.
Now, metal armours are composed by -5- different components
One is the main metal the armor will be, steel, tungsten, tichrome, super steel
Second is the 'vest' underneath it, there are many different vest, from a vest that gives you extra health, going to biohazard protection, even a vest can regen your health.
Lastly, the last 3 metal components are 'reinforcing' layers, basically what it says on the can, it simply adds more resistances to the armor, although making it heavier.
The resulting blueprint of the armor you want to make, will give you the skill requirements, you need to have the same or more skills to craft the item you want.
The skill requirements varies on the components you use, the higher the quality of the metal you're using, the harder will be to craft, same if you use more metal layers too.

Intelligence boost your crafting abilities also, and some feats help you with crafting.

How godly are burst shotties I took burst perks, and saw a combat shotty in core city that could do 140 dmg per shot, might put down some septims for that

Trust me a normal shotgun with a foregrip is way more reliable.

Lel nice tin can zoner

You're not gonna be moving much anyway-wait

>Not using sprint in a heavy armor build

user?

>tfw got lots of good quality metal
>Cant craft because brainlet

I didn't see a way to fit agi on it outside of skipping out on throwing which isn't an option i'm willing to live with

Attached: build.jpg (932x846, 106K)

>roll a spear-woman
>start dealing damage straight up in the hundreds by level 4 thanks to throwing spear
holy fucking shit, spears are insane

I do get the feeling I'd be dead if I didn't roll out with 8 CON though.

If you play in dominating, anything can kill you really regardless of CON

I don't know how that's supposed to be relevant but okay.

Just go through Depot A, it was harder than I remember in my first run. Couldn't even do the quest for the Scrappers (finding how the eels get in there) due being depleted of resources.

I'll restock and go there again, at least now most of the mobs are dead.

Attached: 1346029384114.png (260x246, 83K)

SELL ME A VEST YOU NIGGERS REEEEE

>at least now most of the mobs are dead
They will respawn if you take too long

explain dis

So what are the must have feats for a sword and board build (Riot Armor with Shield and Sword)?

Attached: romancenturion.jpg (381x650, 59K)

I've been doing some testing and high perception does not improve shotgun aim at all

fuck me in the ass

where can I complete that quest so I can avoid my anus being reamed again?

It would be nice if you could toggle the riot shield on or off

are you supposed to take mechanics if you use guns or can you pay someone to glue that scope in your guns?

Gather as much as exp as possible
Best way to take all exp from the gangs is doing the first 2 Scrapper missions then complete with Black Eels, go around the map as your character allows you.
To the west of Junkyard there is a lake full of Siphoners, they drop a bunch of oddities.
Scavenge all the map as possible and get strong, you will need to beat Depot A if a single swing

Its either crafting or buying/looting your own shit. Crafting is NOT mandatory. You can complete the game without it, but many people on here will act like its essential because its offers you the best of the best gear.

>this happened to me when I was going through to make sure everything was good

I wanted to die

Buy molotovs and caltrops

Fancy Footwork worth it if I plan on using a non-light melee weapon?

By the way in the first map with the mutants (real mutants not muties) there's an armor with bio resist on the corpse near the entrance

practical physicist + circular wave amplified e-pistol + critical power = big e-pistol crits

Attached: file.png (454x190, 142K)

Nope
t. Sledgehammer

i expected to be in the expansion by now but i'm too busy sneaking around killing ironheads like its deus ex

So you are invincible one shotting everything in sight if you crit?

>invicible
>on underrail
bre, this is the game were taking the wrong turn on a street and getting on melee range of a junkie with a sledgehammer will kill you

nothing is fucking invencible, but i ensure you if i crit i can kill it

savescum: the assasination

Attached: Untitled2.png (1366x768, 334K)

>spoilering the names
>can still tell what what the fight is from the background
good on you one shotting that fucker, I struggled near the end with my first playthrough as a heavy armor sledgehammer guy

What i did was place a burrower poison beartrap in his doorway, then I let the camera spot me, then sneak away back in the vent. getting spotted by the camera causes all the guards to run to where you were spotted so I just kept placing beartraps until he died.

I will, eventually, just bust in and murder everyone in sight

I essentially finished the conclusion of the expedition (I think)
I acquired the Acorn, I decided to keep it for myself until I understand what the fuck it might be. So what the fuck is this acorn box, who should I trust, and what the fuck is all this mess called the Black Sea? Spoil away.

ain't got stealth
and i just learned you don't even have to kill this asshole, there's another key

thinking of buying this, what's a good build for a sniper boy

Nanomachines, son.

I will still everyone in the prison because Protectorade oddity
The funny thing is that I'm also a Protectorade tin can, kek

Talk to Tanner

Crafting drugs.

He ran away because he is being chased by a cyborg that thinks I'm his brainlet slave.

pickpocket guy
fuck the protectorate though. stations' rights

As for the black sea, the natives are descendants of those who decided to leave the abyssal station after the civil war. The Shadowlith twisted them into the Serpentborn overtime because of the shard they brought with them. The Serpentborn can't leave because the Shadowlith's influence is heavy on the serpentborn to the point they have fucking souls thanks to it. Magnar(pic related) turns into a celestial warlord even after he fucking dies and tries to fuck you up. The Serpentborn became as so because the wraiths that come from the Shadowlith take the form of serpents. Also, the Shadowlith drives people, especially psionics, fucking insane. Biocorp torched the place and likely fucked off even after the mutagen expired because of the thing.

Attached: 20190726184210_1.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

Also because I'm desperadly in need of mechanical scraps for repairing kits, and 'tectorade bois have a lot of bad metal armors not worth selling but good for recycling
Now that I think 'bout it, metal armors are not worth selling due their massive weight
Huh

anyone know where I can score a bolt quiver? I haven't seen one in shops at all, saw one last character, but I restarted because I stretched my points too thin.

Who is Magnar? I'm not remembering him.

First time playing the game and I only managed to beat Depot A and finish up the rest of the Junkyard quests and I'm already feeling the urge to reroll and try another build out.
Why am I like this and how do I stop?

Attached: dino.gif (451x75, 21K)

He's the leader of the serpent born. You can find him at the northwesternest village.

Either force yourself to continue
Or investigate and dive into the wiki what you really want
What you want to do, user?

Just do it, once you get to know the game getting past Depot A becomes easy.
Trying different builds is part of the fun.

I dunno man apparently I spent around 20 hours doing all of this and just dicking around looking into just about everything up to this point. At the same time, shotguns seem like they'd be really fun to use.

that feeling's normal. The game throws so many options at you that depend on your build that it's pretty much impossible to not wonder about all the other build you could make to make use of em.
at least make your way to core city and check out the shops to see if any of the new goodies make you want to stay with your current build.

Oh ok, yeah I did kill him at some point, maybe I should go back there and see for myself. What about Todd? He was just insane and those people didn't exist? I ended up giving him to the ferryman to take care of.

Also what should I do with the acorn box? What does it do and who should I give it to?

Todd is bonkers, yes. The box contains hundreds of millions of nanomachines that terriform the surrounding area in accordance with a blueprint on the level of a super structure or some shit. It's fucking priceless in the current age so don't you go selling it to the stiffing lying scientist fuck.

Only shotguns?
What other aspects of the game you want to try?
What other weapons? Armors? Psi abilities?
Come on, think this one through, you dont want to waste more time on dicking around

Thanks user.

I figured that guy would screw me over because everyone is shitting on Aegis in these threads

Newb here.
These fucking BEATLES.
That old fossil fuck told me to get up and close but my fuckin melee weapon only has a 10% chance to hit, so I resort to shooting.
But shooting is only effective if they expose their high iq brains.
But exposing their brains requires they fuck you.

FUCK. I JUST WANT A SHOTGUN NOT THIS SHITTY PEEPEE MILLILITER POOPYSHOOTER.

But you can't give it someone else who might give you something better in return? You're either stuck with it or you give it to the scientist douche?

If you mean rescuying Newton:
Beetles cant open doors, abuse that
Molotovs are amazing vs Beetles, because if they get caught on fire, a 'Fear' will apply, making them run around in terror. Also enemy AI generally will try to avoid to -not- standing in the fire, making it a perfect zoning tool
Highly Explosive grenades also fuck up beetles
If you took Sprint, you can peek out of a corner, shoot them, and before running out of points, hide around the corner

do all merchants have equal chance to sell high quality components or is there a ceiling?

go buy like 5-6 grenades or molotovs and brute force that shit, gun start is suffering until about midway through the third quest where you should be able to get an AR or a decent smg which you can then sell to get a shotgun and exact your vengeance on the world

Shotgun feats are fucking strange
Barrel stare only works at point blank range
Leading shot requires one free space
Fragmented chaos is not as good as it sounds because trainshot does lees damage on average
Perfect scattering is utterly worthless
Pellet mayhem is reset every shot so ideally you would need a shotgun with huge spread to achieve higher crit chance
Sixth shell however works exactly as intended and increases damage up to 200% with specialization and works with kneecap shot and barrel stare.
It can be triggered once per turn with the full auto feat plus a tyranny model shotgun and a regular shotgun with foregrip like so: Take adreanline shot or psycho-temporal contraction for 20 ap bonus, Tyranny burst shot shoots five shells for 50ap, switch to regular shotgun with foregrip for a 20ap shot to trigger sixth shell.

Azif and Tanner offer to buy it off you. I'm not sure if Tanner's is as good as theirs considering it's in SGS credits, though.

There's also a dude in core city who is a total edgelord but offers to buy it off you for 15,000

Don't forget he offers his edgelord katana and if you can assassinate him you get it and his unique armor

I thought temporal manipulation sounded cool as well, and heavy armor would provide good contrast to the melee thief I have now.
Not sure how well psionics would fit with heavy armor and shotguns though.

>doberman
that's new. see ya pup.
shotguns sound cool.

You can actually just kill him for both and the acorn after giving it to him.

Stealth/Speed doesnt mix with Metal armor, because metal armor have huge 'armor penalty' which reduces your Movement Points, and wearing a tin can pretty much reduces your MP to 0, and thats not good for a stealthfag
You need leather armor with knifes if you want to be stealth, maybe crossbows too
Metal armor is reserved for Sledgehammers, shotguns and assault rifles
Psychokinesis is the best psi school if you gonna get strenght, cant say much about TM, never really used it

I tried a stealth Knife/throwing build for my expedition run and I'm getting memed on lads. Can anyone tell me how to build it so that is viable? Luckily I barely started the run so I can begin over from scratch

barrel stare and leading shot are both worth getting despite the seeming conflict between them, and fragmented chaos will still boost your crit damage more than crit power even with 20p shells without needing to use one of the crit damage frames. spot on for the rest of them. sixth shell is the fucking sex with how it lets you erase a motherfucker from existance.

Where do I do it so I can't agro everyone?

What's the point of Fend? Why would you ever want to use it instead of stabbing something?
Still undecided if I should go with riot gear for shield shenanigans or go full heavy armor and two hand the spear.

A shotguns hit chance also works differently an 80% chance to hit actually means 80% of the pellets you shoot on average will hit that target which is why hoppershot deals more damage on average and trainshot rapidly loses damage. So I determined that to get consistent damage for a regular shotgun a vagabond model with a regular barrel and a foregrip allows for 80% hit chance within four tiles at 20 ap cost.

I just did an expedition run on a melee/stealthfag. I primarily used spear + knife.

I recommend you also use an electric spear or maybe hammer to break through a lot of the strongman/handmaidens that essentially immune to mechanical knife attacks. If you want you can use an electric knife too, but spear is just better for this purpose even if you have no spear feats.

Not really sure what your specific problem is but I'm guessing this is your biggest problem because it was what I ran into myself.

>love the art and rpg aspects of isometric rpgs, no other genre does roleplaying as well as isorpgs
>hate the combat
i want to love fallout 1/2, underrail and all the other isorpgs but i can't make it through the combat without getting bored. feels bad

Would you mind sharing your build? Stats, must-have feats and so on

The combat in underrail is far from boring my man. It literally has the best gameplay in the genre.

Wait, can you no longer get to Junkyard without TNT/a jackhammer? I swear when I played a few years ago you could.

Just got to mushroom cove then head north

>tfw survive with 1 hp while I got 4 burrower spawn nibbling my metal nibbling my feet
Oh what a roller coaster of emotions

That was years ago user
Now you're forced to complete Depot A, only after it you will be able to get TNT blueprint and traders will sell TNT

I somehow completely forgot about that exit up there near the abandoned building. Whoops.

How much stealth and perception do I need before I can see crawlers in the dark and they can't see me?

>want to play it again
>don't know what to roll
I'm too autistic to choose

Attached: 1500987820365.png (457x380, 233K)

what'd you go with last time?

Knoife

Yeah.
I managed to sneak all the way here (I hadn't previously realized that using manual combat mode is great for sneaking). I never realized I'd have to fight my way back out to save this weenie hut junior.
I have no combat supplements, just a knife, a 7.26 shooterboi and a tiny net.

I am fucked.

Shoulud I build a shotgun with an extended tube or a vertical grip?

Consider rerolling if you're -that- fucked, not like much time has passed

What is the best ski jet for a psi goi?

underground sgs black merchant should have it

I always kite them out to the barrel and shoot it when they get near

spears are pretty great if you want to keep on stabbing pipeworkers in the dick

Sure, one sec.

If you really like stealth and want to do it again: Psisniper
If you really like melee and want to do it again: Sledgehammer tin can, or shielded spear user/chucker since it's brand new
If you want to do something completely different than before: SMG/throwing commando

Would spears be a better build overall compared to shotguns?

Hot damm Burrower warriors are fucking brutal

How are spears

Is it even worth it to do most quests on oddity? I'm in the mid game and I'm starting to notice that many quests simply award a small amount of cash and either 1 oddity point or none. I level far quicker simply looting barrels.

The thing is with quests is it will usually end up to you getting a lot of good oddities along the way while doing it. Some of the shit though like kidnapping Sarine which is just backtracking like twice is pretty shitty.

Another user explained their appeal well I think

Attached: sledge vs spear.png (1073x295, 30K)

I feel like a gif like this should be made for Underrail.

Attached: bitch niggas can't handle difficulty spikes of these magnitudes.gif (366x448, 20K)

Didnt try spears yet, but a solid melee weapons guys is hard to take down, go for it, but always make sure you have molotovs at hand, good CON and always needles/bandages at hand

Ok this sounds fun thanks.

>bust my ass to get into the expedition content, but actually enjoy the process
>can't be assed to actually play now I've made it to the black sea

Attached: go to hell.png (748x420, 437K)

My build isn't even the min-maxed perfect melee build btw. It has some mistakes, but you can at least use it as a guide and understanding that at least someone managed to use it to beat the game + expa.

Attached: MeleeStealthBuild.png (1914x958, 161K)

I have never put a point into any of the Social skills.

How good is Pickpocketing?
I've played around with it at low levels and it does seem to net some nice stuff but not sure how well is scales through the game

anyone done a shiv or crowbar run?

That's the problem with my build it doesn't scale well into late game. Its really good early game, mediocre late. You will make a ton of money doing other stuff in the late game the money will start to feel like chump change. Only thing its good for is stealing stimpacks and batteries. You can steal the occasional key and get something cool, but thats it.

Getting around 20 persuation will get you free shit at the start of the game at SGS

Pretty useful, although hacking is a little bit more useful, never hurts having lockpicking

dumb goyim

First time I will be crafting caltrops and bear traps with burrower poision now that I cleared a hive
Why the fuck I didnt think of this one before

It's worth having about 60 in persuasion and 35 in mercantile. 60 persuasion can talk the faceless out of killing Buzzer and avoiding fighting them, which is good later on down the road.

Meant to say pick pocketing, not my build. My build scales fine, but it could be improved.

Machetes or Spears? I know bare hands is the only right answer but I want to try a different build for a change.

Spears are so much fun. Swords kind of suck, but they are extremely deadly with perfect hits.

meow meow meow

Attached: meow.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

Why 35 mercantile?

Is that 60 base skill or effective? I was actually just about to ask how high that check was.

Now I know why you had trouble with robots. Expose Weakness is pretty much a must on a knife heavy build.

>2019
>Expedition has released
>still can't have a pet
poor form, styg

Is Ripper a good feat or should I just dump will?

Yep, but not if you use electric weapons, which saved my ass.

Seconding this, my Machete wannabe build awaits.

Taste for blood is better.

Just hit level 5. Guns aren't that fun so far. I did a TM and TC psi build that whooped ass, but wasn't for me.

I wonder if I should ditch this guy and do a psi metathermics all in build

but swords can't inflict bleed

Machetes are kinda bad, they are complete damage monsters as long as you keep hitting stuff but shit the bed completely if you miss even once and obviously you are going to miss eventually since hit chance caps at 95% even if you remove enemy dodge.

Spears have shitty customization and below average stats but their abilities are very strong, especially spear throw, and they eventually get 100% block chance while riot shields max out at 55%.

Metal armor
Sledgehammer
Psychokinesis
10 Cons
10 Str

Do it

Guns of every kind only pick up after depotA

Wrong
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sørmirbæren_Skærder_Sword

Psi is broken in this game, nothing you do will even compare to psi, it's easy mode.

wow, it's a piece of shit

Anyone doing shotguns, you need mechanics.
I was able to craft a shotgun way before I could afford one by checking SGS and Junkyard merchants.
You can pay to travel straight to Junkyard if you aren't strong enough yet.

for MT, do I want to go psychosis for big dick crits, or tranq like I did with TM anyways for casting a ton

even with tranq up, shit costs a lot so I was eating a lot of boosters. I imagine psychosis is hell. Still less expensive than bullets, though.

Should I get Improved Unarmed Combat?
20% to damage and daze sounds pretty good, but rarely see this feat in unarmed builds.

It's entirely new, I'd be surprised if you did.

Maybe because it was added only recently

Yes. Most unarmed feats improve damage by percentages or add status conditions to increase them by percentages. Here's a pure puncher build by yours truly before that feat came out. I got it as soon as I leveled up in the new expansion.

Attached: Jarek.png (1415x802, 879K)

Oh, I thought only Expert Unarmed was new.

Are regular pistol builds still shit?
Is steadfast aim still underwhelming?

>tases you
>rapid fires your bitch ass point blank with a .44
>has at least one crit every volley
They're just fine so long as you're not stupid to go with anything but a hand canon.

>fighting crawlers
>cant see them even if they are right next to me
>try and use force field to protect myself before poison ends
>there is a dark spot near my character
Jesus christ, how horrifying.

Attached: 1564132153217.png (500x500, 12K)

Question:
Does anybody feels Dominating is harder post expedition than before it?
I'm struggling on areas I didnt struggle before, with basically the same build

Firearm pistols are still the worst build in the game.
Chemical and energy pistols on the other hand got some nice buffs.

Throw a flare or place a bear trap next to you.

>force field
Go get electrokinetic imprint right now

energy pistols gets fucking silly with how much crit damage you can get, and I've heard that chem pistols get equally gonzo with how much crowd control they have

thanks but these are some terrible news, I just wanted to .44 people to death

The joys of psychokinesis, bre

How do people clear the Depot on Psi easily? I'm playing pure Psi, it was a fucking hellish slog.

With the new temporal psi you can do cooked shot two turns in a row

surely you jest. you've got access to a huge array of high-damage completely silent crowd control
failing that, get everyone into a line and then spam pyrokinetic stream like mad, thats how i cleared it on dominating on my pure psi

Yeah .44 was always shit, if you go firearm handguns you go with the low AP ones like neo lugers to shit out as many bullets as you can.

If you want big dick damage numbers them plasma pistols are the go to thing and with expedition you can eventually fire them twice in a turn.

y'all bitches have never actually used a .44 then.

I used stuns and threw molotovs at most enemies. The dog zone I just hid in the shack going in and out while my psi recharged. Tele fist would take half or would one shot on crit, force field would trap enemies near the fire. Get molotovs, its 20 chem for immense utility, didn't even level throwing.

That sounds more like Stealth doing your job for you than Psi. I have no Stealth on my dude at all.

Sledgehammers + Psychokinesis
Crossbow/Sniper + Metathermics
Stealthy knifes + Though Control

Opinions?

when did i mention stealth once in that post? i didn't have stealth on the build i did that with
it sounds like you have the mindset that you should be able to aggro every single enemy in a zone and then fight them all off at once, you've gotta play tactically

is level 14 acceptable for the expansion?

>Sledgehammers + Psychokinesis
One of the most broken builds in the game.
>Crossbow/Sniper + Metathermics
Metathermics is snipey as fuck.
>Stealthy knifes + Though Control
lol, no

To start with yes as you will find a lot of oddities

Wait wait, so is the expansion out already?

Stealthy knives + temporal manipulation = oh shit

Good morning user.

>it sounds like you have the mindset that you should be able to aggro every single enemy in a zone
You're full of shit if you don't think Depot A is literally
>open any door at all
>entire map aggro's and dogs probably win Init every time, you instantly are rooted in place
>the only thing you can do is close the door and sit there, or leave it open and let all of them start shooting acid through the door at you

Yes, what do you think the non stop threads since release have been?

Attached: freedrugs.png (262x44, 11K)

>Using Adrenaline
>Using Morphine

jesus christ imagine struggling with a pure psi build
you're almost as bad as the guy who got filtered by the fucking tutorial

Haven't been here in months, user. Just got lucky.
Now my vacation is ruined. Time to psimonk some niggers.

FUCKING MOLOTOV THE NOGS
Jesus, how many times do people need to be told this shit.

Whats underneath Magnar's throne?

>Joined JKK
>Just got back from the mission I did with Vivion
>Pic related is my reaction to the news
Not gonna read replies incase there's spoilers about what the fuck is going on but fuck this game. Gonna kill that piece of shit Ola next.

Attached: Fuck JKK Fuck Edstrom Fuck Ola.jpg (2560x1440, 352K)

I thought I'd be using the tyranny for awhile but christ, look at this other one I crafted.

Attached: shotguns.png (607x898, 246K)

I'm retarded have to have persuasion in every game I play, On my psi build it was pretty easy to get high fast (only got to Core City) but my on my guns dude it hurts since I'm diverting points from my crafting being higher quicker.

Do I really need it in this game? Doesn't seem as integral as other games. The only thing I really remember being useful was getting the ambassador's dude to leave the room so I could plant the bug

>Metathermics is snipey as fuck.
I considered that since cryokinesis slow down enemies, making them easier targets if kiting, specially with hypothermia further reducing their CON
>lol, no
There is quite literally a TC that makes you stealth and reduces others PERS
It makes sense

not at all, its barely useful

you are literally locking yourself out of the main questline in the game, CEASE for now

It only works on one enemy and you're better of using LoC's AOE to enrage everyone.

cute tantrum

Are you supposed to go max Agi on a Psi build or something? Every single fight I get into as a Psi guy begins with my enemies going first. First time playing so wondering if I should restart or something.

Max Con actually. The health gimp ensures that

You can cheat initiative by starting combat just out of sight and then blasting everyone

every time

Attached: .jpg (881x495, 91K)

6 con
10 will/int
learn to engage enemies by starting combat first

Get 6 agility, get sprint
The rest on CON

Underpie solves this problem

How do i go about crafting metal armor? I know where to get blueprints, but where can I get tungsten steel plates not a single trader has them in Junkyard

Would it be completely retarded to try to mix shotguns with psi? Not really sure what kind of base stats I should use.

Foundry
After complete 'Killing the Beast' quest, you get access to A LOT of high quality metal

A lot of players here already mix Shotguns with TM

3 will works fine with TM and lets you shoot up to four times for three turns

i'm currently playing shotgun mixed with PK and time magic. working pretty well, had little trouble in depot A

Try using caltrops more often

kinda cool

Attached: Untitled3.png (1366x768, 690K)

oh yeah, thanks.

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

It's basically a pocket >Dilate ability.

i meant as in i've had little trouble (aka its going well), but yeah caltrops look like they'd be useful as well. mental wall is super useful for getting things close to you but holy fuck dogs are annoying as ever

Leading shot exists just to fuck dogs over

yeah I had the choice between leading shot and barrel stare last level and i foolishly took barrel stare first instead. i have some regrets, but fucking wow I managed to beat the final map of mutants without having to reload once at all on hard, its pretty rare I manage to do that with a build, espeically one thats not really refined at all

rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11184
Interview with Styg about the DLC you can read here.

Psionic amulet thing is a cool ass idea

how lategame is that quest? its super gay to run around without armor as melee
im at the third quest from tanner

Right after depotA

Mid game actually, it's possible to beat it if you know how to approach it and how know to play it

Have you visited the Foundry yet?

>Have you visited the Foundry yet?
nope

anyone know where I can score broadhead bolt tips in abundance? I've only picked up about 30 from shopkeepers, and I'm down to about 10 or so, which blows

Would any psi benefit a spear build? Can spear build survive without metal armor?

Do it.
Bring a bunch of batteries for Jackhammers
Bring 2 Dog Crates and capture 2 Borers, kill all borers you find until you find all borer oddities
Explore all Foundry, there are like 10 oddities laying around
Go to the bridge on the north part of Foundry, go under a bridge, a hobo stands next to it
Go deep inside, hack and lockpick into the place, take the flashdrive on a computer relating a 'curious' tale, read all the documents and go back to Chief

OR

If you're a male, go visit a nice lady called 'Evelyn'
You can romance her and, if your persuation is high enough, get a roll on the tumbleweeds with her, and even get some bonuses

>If you're a male, go visit a nice lady called 'Evelyn'
>You can romance her and, if your persuation is high enough, get a roll on the tumbleweeds with her, and even get some bonuses
Hahahahahahaha!

Hush

help me with the terminator shotgun build
i'll be playin on normal and it's more of a RP build. no need for some extreme minmaxing, it's just for fun.
i just picked all the shotgun feats to see whats all about. any essential feats missing?
i'll be also wearing leather or tactical vests

Attached: terminator_shotgun.png (484x951, 49K)

some user posted you could get autistically anime sword chopper's AP's to the 100s
it sounded really fun, could a bro help out how to best build towards that?

Attached: ricardo.gif (306x304, 1.24M)

>versatility
But why

i dont know, feels like i cant use shotguns from the get go and dont want put points into melee

survival instincts good with psychosis or am I better off just taking 6 con for extra healing/psi gulps and putting the extra points 1 into int (for 10) and 2 into Dex for ini and lockpicking?

good thing there are more guns in this game then shotguns then

build works exceptionally well, however you need to build very carefully. I'd advise taking conditioning, stoicism and getting high bio to be able to craft aegis.
its the build i used to beat dominating for the first time. played correclty you can temporarily make yourself completely immune to mechanical, heat and cold damage.

It's good for psychosis if you plan on staying in low health. Other than that, you best be getting thicc skull

never get thick skull on a psyker for gods sake, you're literally making yourself worse. LoC gives stun immunity.

but doesn't LoC break a stun? If I took Thick Skull, I would be dazed instead and LoC doesn't break that, correct? Not sure how these things work; only been to Core City so far.

Should I stop dicking around and just go to the DLC area? I wanted to exhaust everything before I went and did Expedition or before I got myself locked in the Caverns.

how the fuck do i get pass this shit? i assume i need an officer uniform but i can't kill anybody since its a controlled area and dont have enough lockpicking for the vent

Attached: UQc7MGI.png (1920x1080, 823K)

you're probably better off switching versatility for conditioning to help with the facetanking, as for the shotgun feats you might be interested in swapping out pellet mayhem and perfect scattering for full-auto (7 str req) and suppresive fire so you can make full use of combat shotguns. also, shotguns don't gain much benefit from high per since they have a low effective range anyways, so you can put the level up points towards other things, such as even more con.

I want to do a light armor speedy shotgun build with the new Psi school. Do you need high Will to make it useful? I'm so used to having Will as a dump stat.

if the only thing you intend to use from the new school is the FREE adrenaline shot, then no you don't need any will

go back down the stairs and wait in the bathroom, ambush the officer when he goes to take a dump. kill him fast and then hide in the other stall in case anyone investigates the suspicious gunshots.

The "take all damage dealt in the previous turn" skill also sounds cool.

Nope with 3will you can still get the time psi feat that gives you 20 free ap combine with nimble and sprint and the whole room will be dead before they even notice you.

>mfw spent literally 3 hours killing pirates
I am never doing the expedition again without stealth, persuade, or mercantile, what a horrible slot
every screen had like 12 guys
and the fucking pitbulls

why the fuck are pitbulls more deadly than fucking deathcrawlers

Why 5 Dex? Why not go for metal armor?

Probably for Leading Shot.

I just make sure to always buy a grenade when getting the shitty pistol from the armory
then I open the door, throw it in
done

Are there any tips for making easy money? I made it to the expansion with only 3,000 charons, but I've otherwise completed the game and at level 25.

I have a treasure trove of health stims, batteries, bandages, and crafting supplies. I could spend my time going from merchant to merchant offloading them, but I suspect it would take many hours to save up enough cash for a good jet ski.

Any way to get cash fast?

Is an upgraded jet ski really important, anyway? My level 25 character is a psi punch monk who can otherwise steamroll waves of enemies. Like, I went through the Gray Army base and just SLAUGHTERED everyone in my path, no problem. Do I need to worry about upgrading my jet ski?

this

Is leading shot that useful? It seems kinda pointless to me considering you'll be using the shotgun at point blank.

huh i just assumed that'd make the whole base area cause of the controlled zone, thanks user

Attached: 1558720756516.jpg (890x671, 67K)

I want to do like 10 different builds. But I know I wont have the time or patience for it. Existence sucks.

read leading shot, then read barrel stare
you'll figure it out

Where's Jack Quicksilver? I haven't played this game in months and forgot where he is. Knowing he's in Core City doesn't help a lot, because the place is fucking huge.

Eliminates those annoying ass dogs and high evade enemies

So whats the Depot A of expedition?

Attached: 1540589034116.jpg (405x720, 28K)

They don't stack

yes they do
read them again

games shit

can someone answer this question? Sick of sneaking in caves until "combat initiated" happens out of nowhere

I'm afraid of going with shotties and ARs since I'll feel I'll end up just using ARs but I also don't know what to use to offset the shotties poor range.

Crimson meadow

>but I also don't know what to use to offset the shotties poor range
use ur legs and WALK CLOSER

Forcefields, caltrops, flashbangs, choke points, psi apboost ability

took less time to clear than the native village. there's really no variety. implode hive, cryo ball it and the locusts to death. repeat.

Near the bar

Someone in a previous thread mentioned there's a str/psi spear or staff you can get somewhere, what is that and where can I get it?

I'm going insane, I cna't find the key to Wyatts house anywhere in Depot A
Where the fuck is it? Did they move it? I've killed every single thing but I just can't find the fuckign KEY

>get into expedition
>kill 1 (one) Sormirbaeren Oyetspaetter (they are elite savage casters)
>he is guaranteed to drop his staff-spear

kill a native shaman for one. higher ranked shamans drop better spears. the purple one sucks though unless you just want to use neural overload. the blue one is just way better otherwise

You can get two kinds quite literally in the first combat of expidition the third requires you to fight a tough boss

?? doesn't he show up at the door once you set off a mine or throw a grenade

>tough boss
>cast psi-cognitive interruption
>he isnt a threat for 4 turns, implying he could even live that long

the one that unlocks the two doors? it's on the mutants outside the scrappers entrance

>9STR
There's your problem. Keep your STR at 8.
Unless they upped the metal armor requirements while I was away.

Picrelated is the best one and it's not that uncommon

Attached: 20190724155452_1.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

you're my fucking hero, two mutants had died directly on top of each other and I hadn't realised. had to fully loot every mutant in that map to find the key. thanks a ton user.

I didn't know he did that, thats interesting.

Don't you want to be a mega chad?

Attached: iron grip.png (431x214, 6K)

How low of perception can I get away with for shotguns? I was thinking like 6 or something.

it's 9 if you want to use tungsten armor

Can I have a quick redpill on Underrail? Is it basically Fallout 1 /2, but entirely underground?

fuck crippling strike

Isn't Supersteel better?

Seven for kneecap shot because it works with sixth shell

It's way less speaking, way more exploring/fighting. Also, no cheesing the game with charisma builds. But hey, we have psi wizards and sound pistol.

Attached: 20190723202510_1.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

>Neural Overload shit

That's too bad, I wish it was a more generic psi bonus

Use the other psi weapon that gives 40% crit and reduced psi costs then

>40%crit damage bonus

makes sense. full auto seems better anyway and more con never hurts

>It's way less speaking
How much less? I kinda like that part in my RPGs...

Why's this shit game getting shilled so much lately?

Haven't played in fucking 2 almost 3 years. Guess I'll play it safe and go with Metal Armor AR. Anything new I should be wary of?

Attached: 254423.png (513x483, 547K)

if you want to be as mobile as possible while still being decently tanky. I just want the tank part.

I just got attacked by a gang of Lunatics accompanied with a horde of cats

What the fuck is this game

>big expansion comes out
>people start playing it and talk about it
>shilling
There are dialogues and good lore, you just can't solve everything peacefully. In fact, you'll need to fight so you'll need at least one fighting related skill maxed out.

>he hasn't done dudes quest

Get a general on /vg/ instead of making 2 threads per hour here you dumbfucks

>stop discussing videogames

It's more like 2 threads per day. Also, go fuck yourself.

Any way to farm money early so i can buy more ammo

I did
I got attacked by -normal- cats

There's no Will requirements for Psi abilities right? I want to get a few Temporal abilities but I need those stats elsewhere.

>game that literally never otherwise has threads starts having threads because a big DLC dropped
>hurr durr make a general
kys you fucking retard, literally the worst kind of newfag

Scrap bad loot, recycle them, make repair kits, repair good loot, sell for more coins

Even the feats dont have a will requirement

bros can someone help me with knife/machete + PSI build
how do i develop psi correctly to accentuate on the melee fighting?

Fug, i can't find an under pie. I guess I'll just beat turrets with my hands.

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Go temporal for the 20ap 30mp ability

>Psychokinesis
could you expand pls
also, would it work with machete too?

this game is preety fucking cool
thanks Yea Forums bros for show me this game

Psychokinesis deals a lot of damage and stuns, as well good utility abilities
But more importantly, there is a feat called 'Corporeal Projection', it boosts all Telekinetic abilities damage a 5% for every point above 5 strenght, it makes perfect synergy since you're already going for a strenght build.

Musclemen magic

tfw combining that spell with native crack

>WHY IS NEW GAME OUT FOR FEW DAYS GETTING 1 THREAD ON Yea Forums
>WHERE IS MY TWITTER REACTION THREADS
the real question is why your mom didn't abort

ill have to look into that further thanks
do you have any tips for a knife/machete build by any chance user

>first time playing this game
>guy tells me to go north in caves
>be a retard in go north from where the guys are digging the tunnel near the rails
>get btfo by some junkies there
>holy fuck this is insanely hard
>keep exploring around the area avoiding the op junkies but killing everything that i possibly can
>eventually realize i'm a huge retard and went to the wrong area
now i'm just destroying everything in the actual caves i'm supposed to be
this game is sick

Shotgun lads, how common is trainshot? Is it worth dumping the requisite points into chemistry to be able to craft it? I know its not much of an investment but i'd rather not spend the points if i didn't have to

>playing with tough character
>lodsa inventory space
>HP for days

>playing with sneaky dude
>can basically hold some repair kits
>dead to 2 hits

>pure knoife thrower, sneaked past most of the caves
>enter the room
>oh shit nigga im not getting outta that one
>intimidate: fail
>oh shit nigga im not getting outta that one
>FUCK YOU NIGGERS chuck a grenade
>all three dead
>thats it?
mfw

Attached: steveo.gif (360x176, 2.59M)

being a janny is probably the saddest, most thankless job in the world, and it's one that has no point or value in the real world.

The fact that you thirst to be one is absolute comedy and tragedy all in one. Kill yourself. I don't mean that in an edgy way; I literally mean you likely have no value to anyone in your life and no value to the world or society so do the one good thing you've ever done or ever will do and jump in front of a train after enjoying your final Hot Pocket. Think of what could've been only if YOU could control what was posted on an anonymous image board as the headlights bear down on you.

Worthless faggot newfag.

Attached: zikaisdeadly.png (472x323, 131K)

Is there a beginner's guide for Underrail?

someone post the newbie image, even if its not up to date its better than nothing

Stealth or without stealth?

Trainshot is incredibly rare and the only good supply is crafting it yourself

shotgun shells are a bit fucked at the moment, hopper shot outclasses everything else 90% of the time, and you're probably better off with the 6p shells and a grenade or two for the other 10%. not worth picking up just for ammo anyways, but extra not worth it for shotguns.

>have no throwing skill
>don't have AOE psi to deal with it
>throw a grenade with my thin, womanly arms
>it flies off randomly
>still kill everyone
and that's basically been my game through Depot A so far.

Yeah just do it its mid to late game content

>hopper shot outclasses everything else 90% of the time
is that because of perfect scattering? I really wouldn't have thought it'd be THAT good, maybe decent against unarmoured targets but the big balls would be substantively better against armoured targets wouldn't it?

You need 10 will for locus of control

spoonfeed me please i'm retarded

even with chemistry i only use 6p and 20p and trainshot is pretty rare most weapon merchants have one shell of it uncommonly

Attached: underrail_n6BlZ42Sk7.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

i was thinking of putting some points in just to have the option if i couldnt cut through everything
i was thinking str7 for decapitate
max dex for crits
agi7
will5
int6 for the sword?
im not sure myself yet of the stats or weapons, should i rather leave it to knives only?

i fucking love this game

>staying in the dark

>is that because of perfect scattering?
hell no. the reason for it is because of how the damage is calculated. if all the trainshot pellets hit, you get 60% nominal shotgun damage, ignore 75% DT, and 45% DR, while if you hit all hoppershot pellets, you get 120% nominal shotgun damage, ignore 60% DT, but no DR reduction. the problem is that once you get a good enough shotgun, DT stops mattering entirely and DR is the only thing lowering your damage, but the total raw damage from the hoppershot is higher on both enemies with low DR and high DR, on top of more consistent damage since you don't lose nearly as much damage from one or two pellets missing out of 20 versus out of 3, so there's no reason not to use it. the only way to make trainshot worth it is with fragmented chaos, but it's still going to be very inconsistent damage since you'll be relying on crits.

>out of lockpicks again
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just buy them whenever you see them at a vendor and you'll never run out

oh well what the fuck, guess i'll load up on hoppershot then. i'd foolishly assumed that the bigger ball rounds just flat out did more but now you've explained it

/vg/ is where videogame discussion goes to die. literally every semi-obscure game that get shoved to /vg/ dies within a week. go back to your smash threads and twitter screencap threads if you hate videogames this much.

Just got the game, does anyone have some sort of guide on how to play spear or a build for spears? Sounds really fun but I don't know if it's a good idea without stealth, which I really don't want to use + I got no idea abou the different armor types.

Attached: Screenshot_20190726-122654.jpg (1079x1148, 708K)

>can't fathom why Camp Hathor is hostile when i've never even met them before
>realize i keep charging right at them while wearing Rat King's Regalia
This game is fun.

Attached: 1510529858274.jpg (540x360, 27K)

What is it with these REEEE-ing faggots whenever there's a few Underrail threads itb? 100 fucking threads on whatever nintenbro's new? No problem. 1 thread for a few weeks after a game updates? /VG/ REEEEEEEE etc.
It's the one fucking thread that isn't shitposting top to bottom. Eat a turd.

How useful is temporal manipulation for a pure psi build?

How much effective persuasion do you need to trick the armory guy into giving you a shotgun?
Starting with 15 per is not enough

>nintenbro
You gotta be fucking kidding me. Fuck this gay board.

six for smash ultimate

I spec'd into hard and went full ripple memery. I rerolled at level 15 to take metathermics instead and will leave it at 70.

Good buffs, whatever nuke. I don't believe it's worth investing into to beef the buffs though; you'll get more than enough from synergy if you're leveling the other schools.

how about my dick for smash your mother.

Bundle not under $5 dollars yet. I'll pass until then.

Alright
I'm fucking starting with a shotgun this time
fuck the shitty 5mil

Can you stack it with >dilate?
Can you get it without pickpocket?

anyone have all the rift locations?

I'll probably never play it because the shitty game doesn't have Cloud saving in 2019. I finished it months ago so I deleted the game and freed up space. Went to reinstall and download the DLC but my progress was wiped and the game isn't great enough to completely replay. Guess they don't want my money.

Attached: 1466719624927.jpg (1280x850, 228K)

nevermind i solved the problem with violence and buckshot

Attached: underrail_XeMxPRXhF0.png (606x401, 375K)

what do post depot a? what direction, what path do i have in front of me at this crossroads as a armored aggressive boy

dick around in core city for a while, if you want

burrowers mine and ratcuck.

visit core city to search for oddities and see if the vendors have any good shit, then head off to foundry since if you complete their questline you can get some good quality metal.
also make sure to visit the bar at rail crossing.

>Literally every encounter throughout the entire game was easily beaten with caltrops and molotovs combo.
Throw in an assault rifle/submachine gun build and this game was piss easy. And apparently guns are the "hard " route and it's even easier as a psionic.

Attached: 1544234916437.jpg (1000x750, 66K)

your loss retard

>Only midgame-endgame major money sink is upgrading your house
>House is completely useless unless you have a crafting build, which is pointless because crafting build makes you weak and you can easily acquire powerful weapons from looting or buying
>Literally 0 reason to ever enter your house, not even for storage since all your shit is already in your room at SGS
Did the DLC fix this? If so then I might buy it. I would like a comfy house but only if it has some utility. Otherwise there needs to be another money sink.

Is it worth starting on Hard if I have a general grasp of the game? I made it to Core City before dropping the game a year ago and didn't find it all that hard, yes even Depot A.

yes, jetskis are absurdly expensive

probably. i personally dont find normal engaging enough and exclusively play on hard.

If you want to be a FUCKING GREEK HOPLITE, you get a spear, 6-7 Strenght, 6 agility (for sprint feat, always take it), get 7 starting intelligence, later in gane get 11 Strenght to get the one-hand spear wielding feat, Riot Armor can be crafted to have a shield

Dive into the wiki, grab the stats calculator and build your character, come back with questions if needed

Yes. The only hard parts of the game are burrower encounters if you're underlevelled and the first hour of deep caverns before you understand how they function.

>tfw captured a one of the cats in Dude's cavehouse in a dog crate
I can't be the only one who has done this, right?
carrying this fucker with me straight to the DC, along with the brain bought from Al Fabet.

>Capturing a cat
Youre a monster
Worse than the Lurkers

Does the DLC expand on the Oculus storyline? I've never experienced such a long and intense build-up throughout an entire game only for such a short and anticlimatic reveal/mission sequence.

>get shitty shotgun from him
>he gives you 25 shells
>spend all cash gettting 10 more
>still not enough to clear the first quest
I feel like getting the early shotgun was a trap

>Youre a monster
the cave house cats are monsters.
funnily enough the item description for the cat in the dog crate is "cat in a dog crate. perverse."

yes, it was
just use the damn 5mm until you've got the resources to afford a shotgun. they're fucking expensive.

.44 is the patrician choice until you get access to submachine guns

Release them now

can't release things in dog crates I'm afraid.
do not worry, he will remain my faithful companion the entire game
if styg isn't implementing pets, I'm damn well going to get my own

>extra burst shot on a weapon with base 25AP

Why?

Someone go REEEEEEE at him to make possible release captured cats

At Styg*

>release captured cats
please styg, I want to cheese the final boss with my own army of the cavehouse cats

>if styg isn't implementing pets, I'm damn well going to get my own
Brilliant. I'm gonna capture every single thing that fits in dog crates and carry them around for the entire game.
I wonder if I can capture the damn pitbulls in the pirate base

Imagine making your own army of lazer cats
Grenade launcher dogs
Machinegun Rathounds
Tank warhogs

Imagine

fuck yeah, man
brain in jar pet, cat pet, borer pet, hopper pet, and potentially a pitbull pet. good luck with that, bre
I doubt it's possible, but you never know.

>tfw no mutagen warcrime crawlers

>try thermo this time
>pyromancer and pyrokinesis
well, guess I never need a Molotov again

>Tfw no emp nade launcher psi beetle
>Tfw no suicide bomber burrower spawn

Be aware that AI will generally avoid ground on fire, making incendiary nades a valuable zoning tool, so dont disregard them yet

So If I am making a pure PSI build, should I give temporal priority as a build?

Almost equally, but in my opinion psychokinesis and though control deserves the most attention

All 4 equally, but make psychokinesis and though control more equal than the others

Goddamm phoneposting sometimes

So leave metathermics behind and rely more on molotovs and shit? I am worried if I will kill things fast enough in general, since to get my psi and some utility skills (like mechanics) up, I have no secondary combat ability at all.

Ignore that other guy. keep the first three schools equal, get Temporal to 70 at most. Theres very little benefit to scaling temporal higher than that.

So far along in Depot A? That's quite impressive. You must be almost exclusively going for the chemistry crafting.

>tfw no armored siphoners with energy edge emitter tongues

I now want to do a stealthy knife wielding girl that teleports behind you after realizing that I fucked up my sniper build, I have to hit level 12 to get Snipe instead of level 8 because I'm retarded

Okay, I will keep Temporal a bit behind the rest.
Since my will is turbo, should I bother with persuasion or just focus on lockpicking/pickpocketing?

Where the fuck can I get a spear blueprint?

Will boost social skills, so get some, maybe 20 or 30 base skills, your WILL will greatly inflate them in your 'effective' skill
But yeah, the rest can go to crafting

I only played it once when the base game released and I did so as a psionic.
I had a ton of fun with the combat as the skills had plenty of interesting uses but this time I'm playing with guns and planning to invest into armor which I don't find very fun at all.
I'm only just arriving at the junkyard but all throughout this run it has felt like a numbers game.

Guns are fun when:
You're a stealthy sniper finding innovative ways to BTFO every single enemy on screen.
You become a crafting machine and pimp out your gunz, grenades and armors.

Forgot to mention, while both lockpicking and hacking good, id give hacking a little more love
Dunno abouy pickpocketing, never used it

hunting merchant in junkyard

anyone know where the gray army spec ops armor is? is it a drop only on spec ops, or is there a spawn location? I haven't seen any spec ops and I've been all over the base
do they show up if you start massacring soldiers?

I found it right after I made that post, finally I can have a big dick thunderstick

i need help picking between sword and shield, spear and shield, or hammer

I can advice on hammers, but what you're looking for user?

have fun, bre
spear+shield seems like a good time to me, but I went with a sword. wanted to go a lighter armor dodgy sort

well really it's sword and shield or hammer
just wanting to build a no psi tanky melee guy

If you want to go hammer you will need to go Metal armour
If you go metal armor you will be tanky but slow as a sin, so beware of that

junkyard is when you start to get the fun stuff. a 50ish quality shotgun can shred anything you run into, same with an AR, and you get the blueprints for metal armor so your survivability goes way up. add some molotovs and caltrops and you should have no problem clearing most of depot A

Riot armor is still shit, the shield is still shit.
Swords are pure gambling, as long as you keep hitting you turn into a blender but the moment you miss ONCE you lose all bonuses and Flurry goes on a 5 turn cooldown. In short they are bad.
Spears are good, especially spear throw, and they get 100% block chance with feat+specialization.
Hammers are good and with expedition you can actually get your STR high enough to consistently use balors hammer, which sounds fun as fuck.

>tfw wielding Balor's hammer without the need of stat boosting drugs/food

>being spotted and initiating combat interrupts throwing animation
this is bullshit, Styg

how are these stats, i know perception is really high for a melee guy but i really don't wanna miss any hidden areas

Guys what's a fun build to play for a completely new player? Tried out assault rifle but it's pretty boring. Are melee chars without heavy armor and stealth viable? Or maybe heavy armor ain't even that bad, I don't even know

Attached: 0165495653.jpg (1600x1493, 107K)

oops

Attached: 23123132141231.jpg (447x306, 27K)

The fuck are you going for? That's all over the place.

Heavy metal armor is fun if you know how to handle you being slow than anybody else
There ways around it

Just dump PER and leave the hidden areas for a later playthrough you dingus

heavy armor has huge armor penalty, which fucks your movement points. depends on playstyle, I'm running a stealth machete/crossbow character right now, and there are some big boosters to dodge. the nimble perk, tabi boots, a armor set at the end of expedition, and this consumable that boosts it by 50. the consumable is limited to my knowledge though, once you're out of the ones you can find, you're out for good

>Are melee chars without heavy armor and stealth viable?
Short answer, yes. Long answer, yes but it's complicated. Basically heavy armor depends on CON which is 1 stat and light armor depends on dodge/evade which is 2 skills. Doing Dodg/Eva means you'll either need high initiative (DEX) so you attack first or you'll be dead in a hit if you fail, thus reloading a ton.

Heavy Armor is much easier for your first go. Just get CON high enough to grab the Feats and dump everything into STR and then whatever else you need for what Feats you want for your weapon.

free drones or protectorate?

I haven't done the drones questline before, but I enjoy the protectorate quests. if your character doesn't really have easy armor piercing capabilities, I'd probably go with the protectorate, drones don't have metal armor.

I just made a shotgun character and every time I blast some bandit I'm feeling childlike glee. I love this.

Attached: Shotgun_DMC3.gif (600x434, 56K)

Sneaky? Drones. Heavy? Protectorate.

How do you deal with high armor as a knife wielding autist?

Where do I bring broken-off spike from black sea monolith?

how to combat crawler and death stalker in the core city warehouse? after crawling through the vent i get completely fucked. im wearing heavy ass armor though

Bear traps, caltrops, flares

shit brother, I don't know. I'm trying to answer that question myself with my crossbow guy. shock damage is my friend, and should be yours too. other than that, HE grenades. I'm considering pumping guns up so I can use acid pistols specifically against armored targets as a fallback. shock bolts are easy enough to make, but some enemies take way too many for my liking

thanks dude

Crippling strike, cheap shots, expose weaknes
By the way, go fuck yourself
t. Metal armor sledgehammer

Punching has a similar problem but that is curtailed with combo, corporeal projection and a couple other Feats. Never played knives but I'm assuming there's something for it (check Underrail info tm) further down the line but until then you might want to put some 30 pts in throwing and make merry with caltrops, stun grenades and mollies.

Expose weakness, also your crits as a knife user are stupidly high because of cheap shots, critical power and ripper.

Antidotes, flares, molotovs, flares, bear traps, bullhead drugs, flares, tazers, flashbangs, some more flares.

>Caltrops
Tin cans are most likely inmune to caltrops if they wear metal boot

>Antidote
Not vs death stalkers

Good point, forgot about that.

Wait you can use bandages in the middle of a fight now? Was this always a thing?

Huh what?

Is biology/chemistry worth investing in or do you only ever make items which you just as well can buy?

Only if you are technically in combat.

>game looks promising
>check who made it
>non-english speaking subhuman slav monkeys

instantly and immediately dropped. I can already see the shitty janky writing without playing.

Ah, it allowed me to use it during the last turn of a fight, after the enemy was dead and it was set to exit TB mode the next turn.

not*

>Not vs death stalkers
this. FUCK death stalkers, FUCK obsidian ants, FUCK lepers, FUCK cavehouse cats.
fucking hate deathstalkers more than any other video game enemy. they fill me with dread, and rage, the moment I see a red dream mushroom, I immediately prepare incendiary grenades. I typically firebomb near myself upon getting hit, because the fire damage over the 3 or so turns I'm in it is not as bad as the hypertoxicity health damage.

Chem pistols, no fucking doubt, and talking is someone who went 3 con max fucking dex
>you can up to 11 fucking ap cost per chem pistol shot at around level 27ish
>you can get a belt to help ou with that that reduces 4 ap cost and makes it so anyone hurt once by your shit takes 25% extra damage and if hit again takes 50% extra damage, capping there
>if sufficient quality components, your acid chem pistol has a 60% chance to entangle and 260% damage over 2 turns, your cryo pistol has a 75% chance to freeze and frosts people for 10 fucking turns and your napalm pistol has a 75% chance to ignite people, usualy fearing them, and putting in some fucking ridiculous 360%ish damage per 3 turns, which cheeses hardcore
This with mad chemist, sure, but bre, rooting doesnt trigger the stun imunity, neither does freezing into a ice cube and then you have a fucking aimable 3x3 attack that with tehmporal and specialization, you can pop every single fucking round, and if they group up, those percentages I just talked about WILL trigger and you will be doing some fucking crazy ass damage, guaranteed.

I just want to say, that I reached lvl 11 without realizing you could increase the out of combat move speed. I even went looking for cheat engine tables for that.

Chemistry is useful for crafting nades, specially incendiare nades, flashbangs and TNT
Biology allows you to create psi boosters and work with poision, which is useful if youre a knifefag/trapper

Yes vs. death stalkers if you enough HP to take the bio damage or take irongut beforehand.

Attached: deathstalkers.png (491x700, 557K)

Does Hard require much minmaxing? I want to try a general Guns/Crafting build with an emphasis on AR/shotguns since I've never used them.

55 bio is the sweet spot, unless you want to make the super drugs. if I'm trying to not spread myself too thin point-wise, I stick to 55. just working with crawler poison is enough. crawler poison caltrops are a cheesefest, I only managed to get balor last run simply due to me stunning half of the enemies on that map

So psi is best for this build as well?

I'm having a decent time with it so far, I didn't plan my build out before hand, I just take what seems alright.
I'm assuming you've done a normal playthrough before, but if not I'd probably stick to normal if I were you.

God damn everything is so fucking expensive early game

why cant i fucking look through an open vent shaft

Temporal psi is good on literally any build.
The ap increase and cooldown reduction are worth it on their own.

hold right click

based

Right click brainlet. the icon even shows you that when you hover over an open vent or curtain doors.

Yeah, i dont even know what to buy other than ammo i dont want to cuck myself like i did before and i had to restart my character

filtered before you even started the game.
your loss, pipeworker.

Protip for inventory management/selling items:
get 50 effective tailoring and mechanics asap, get recycle item and repair kit blueprints.
You will never ever sell all the loot you find because of the limit of items merchants will buy so you recycle the cheaper ones into scraps, make advanced repair kits with the scraps then use the repair kits on the expensive equipment you will sell.
A 300 worth repair kit can increase an items value by the thousands.

It also lowers the weight of items you carry by a shitton while maintaining or increasing the loots value.

>enter map unseen
>combat automatically triggers
>initiative -1000
>get ganked by everyone and their mothers
wat