RE Engine Thread

How is the RE Engine so good at making facial animation? Both DMC5 and RE2R showcase fantastic lip sync. I feel like most games with realistic graphics make the mouths too stiff, while RE Engine faces have a wider range of motion. The models themselves are also extremely high quality.
Can we have a thread devoted to the models of the RE Engine? V, Nero, Dante, Leon, etc. are all encouraged.

Attached: tumblr_po2mvbpGhF1rdqatjo2_540.gif (540x372, 2.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O_r3lSdS3hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ryfKxl7Bp2s
twitter.com/AmiAmi_English/status/1155276600054673413
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>DMC
>not anime stylized
into the trash. Itsuno failed everyone with this piece of trash. No reversals, no guardflying, no Turbo. Worst vanilla DMC ever. This is no better than DmC

watch all the retards shit on it because they wanted a more anime stylized DMC

Like clockwork.

GOD DAMMIT I FUCKING KNEW IT

I can spam my Dante and Vergil folder all day.

Attached: 1546703674658.jpg (3840x2160, 950K)

It's important to recognize that Devil May Cry has always been realistic, or at least attempting parity with Resident Evil. DMC3's art style is nearly identical to RE4's. DMC4 was as realistic as they could make it without sacrificing the 60fps on that generation of hardware. Itsuno's justification for the realistic graphics is that DMC has always been a sort of "sister series" to RE, considering that it started as one. The more realistic graphics fit the genuine horror aesthetic of the game.
I never saw DMC as anime. I'm not sure why people have a hard time accepting the new visuals, especially considering the series has pretty much always looked like this - we just have 2019 graphics to properly showcase it.

I don't see how anyone can look at Dante in DMC5 and think that it isn't his absolute best look.

Attached: tumblr_pffkxwAaqV1tbx211o1_540.gif (540x416, 2.4M)

RE engine is kino. Only problem is that it takes to long to load the texture. Maybe that would change in the next gen

Do it, lad.
It's amazing to me how far graphics have come in such a short time.

>thread about how good an engine can render faces
>b-b-but no animu
kill yourself, like seriously do the world a favor and kill.yourself

what I really like about dmc5 is how they went through with the realistic graphics but the camera work and story feels kind of "anime" for lack of better word.

I think the cast of DMC5 looks better overall, but Leon looks fantastic.

Attached: 3a510c0090b001ba2ea5329115fd507f.gif (500x370, 2.55M)

I want an RE Engine God Hand sequel so bad.

Its not good at it, literally robs soul from the franchise and its characters for the meme of le realism

sage for trying to support this shit in the video game industry. Fuck you OP

This is Barry.

DMC4 is unironically the most soulless game in the franchise. It turned the story into literal JRPG shit.
>nondescript "church" and the Pope want to create a new "utopia"
>horror aspect completely gone
>all the enemies look like knights or some sort of bladed JRPG angelic enemy
It's a good game, but lets not act like DMC4 wasn't the peak of blandness in the series.
DMC5, on the other hand:
>most brutal aesthetic since DMC3
>maybe even more so
>people being impaled in the streets
>enemies actually look spooky
>atmospheric and dark levels
>bosses / villains aren't bumbling stereotypes
I can go on. DMC5 is my favorite game in the series. It's so fucking good. I can't remember the last time a game literally met every one of my expectations, and they were very high.

Attached: Devil-May-Cry-5-Review-Shot-13.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

I agree with what you said on DMC4, but I don't think 5 has good atmosphere. 4 is realy shit though, and as one of the people who actually liked Nero at the beginning in 4, the story was shounen-tier garbage and the whole game had a really inconsistent atmosphere

besides RE7 and 2 and dmc5 what other games did capcom use it for?

Vertex morphs or better mocap because of high poly models(or just cleverly made/edited model topologies), I bet. Probably the latter one. Look at L.A. Noire, for example.

That's it. We know there's games in development for it, but only RE2, RE7, and DMC5 have released.

5's atmosphere is great.
When you go back to Red Grave in Mission 2, and it's the rain-soaked streets with that spooky-ass music with no signs of life. It's mint. Mission 8 also had really atmospheric music.
I thought DMC5 was really immersive and did a great job in that department.

I don't even care that RE engine is so damn good, I'm just glad MT Framework is officially in the dumpster where it belongs.

when it tries 5 has fantastic atmosphere. Unfortunately it only tried for like 7 missions. Most the environments were pretty dull.

I just wish it could do more cartoony art style because now they cant use it for mvc or street fighter ono even said they wont so it really sucks

All Ono said was SF6 wasn't in development. He didn't say anything about other fighting games with the RE Engine. Hell, SF6 could have the RE Engine whenever it gets made. All he said was that SFV was still their focus - a fact that isn't surprising, considering it only came out three years ago.

no at the SF panel at SDCC he said the Re engine will not be used for future fighting games because it is not a good engine graphically for them, I am not talking about when he mentioned SF6.

MT Framework is black magic when it comes to DMC4.

My absolute office-tier dell prebuilt was somehow able to run that shit on medium settings.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

Woah, really? I didn't hear about that. Can I read a transcript of the panel?

the character look like shit in 90% of shots.

Attached: DMC5.png (985x659, 772K)

This looks good. His hair is just covering his eyes.

(you)

So What are the odds of us getting a Dead Rising remake in the RE Engine?

After all Frank West is the OG photorealistic Capcom character

Attached: Frank west.jpg (878x1580, 255K)

I'll never like the beard. Dante being some old man now is just fucking offputting considering we saw basically nothing of his post-DMC1 golden years

Screen space reflections are completely broken and it's aliased as hell unless TAA is enabled (which it always is in DMC5's case). And because of that, they should give an in-game sharpening option instead of relying on Reshade.
Otherwise, it is a pretty good engine.

When a fucking Pachinko machine has better graphics, animation and choreography than DMC5.
youtube.com/watch?v=O_r3lSdS3hQ
it's not fucking fair. DMC5 could have been good.

that looks chinky as fuck lol

Attached: EAhd8EEUIAAibmF.jpg (675x900, 87K)

This. Hyperrealism is shit for DMC. RE is good but it costs the characters models look like shit.

>This is no better than DmC
Hi Tameme

when the fuck did reuben upload this

Monster Hunter World

And I can play DMC5 on ultra with my 960m with only one crash since day one

When Barry keeps replying to the same thread but he doesn't try at all to hide the bait.

Attached: 1560819648242.png (668x590, 672K)

april

>I don't see how anyone can look at Dante in DMC5 and think that it isn't his absolute best look.
Because he only looks "good" by the polygon count. Otherwise he doesn't look like Dante; fortunately they keep its core for obvious reason.

God, no. It is bound to suck, as well MMX9 if happens.

OLD THING

>When a fucking Pachinko machine has better
>graphics
Pretty sure DMC5 could pull that off, it's jut a different atmosphere, the only problem would be the limitations of the polycount.
>animation
Only looks like that because higher polycount.
>and choreography than DMC5.
Not really.
Though I do agree that the style and atmosphere(except how Vergil looks) feels better.
youtube.com/watch?v=ryfKxl7Bp2s
This one looks neat, as well.

This one could really benefit from REngine.

Capcom always had this balance of arcady,animeish,and realistic approach to most of their games. Grounded in reality to some point but not to the point of not being fun.

t.played their games from Gameboy and up

Attached: 1514999709840.webm (640x720, 2.87M)

How come DMC doesn't have a turbo mode?

What does it say?

FPBP

5 I mean

>Young Leon went from pretty boy on RE2 to a twink in RE2R
Why can't we have pretty boy again? Of course... Kamiya is pretty much right aside a few.

Attached: 1449191264972.gif (240x228, 782K)

DMC5 apologist cucks are the most deluded retards on this board

twitter.com/AmiAmi_English/status/1155276600054673413
vergil figure by the same company who made those very expansive nero and dante ones

Refer to this

Attached: 1548762703109.png (645x854, 474K)

"No dlc for you"

You gotta try a little harder and be a little less obvious please.

Attached: 1559266644774.jpg (4096x1763, 581K)

>NOOO STOP LIKING DMC5 IT WAS SUPPOSED TO FAIL STOOOP

Attached: 1553309927921.png (595x890, 645K)

See what I mean?

Stop being tsundere barry

That's wrong. Realism =/= Hyperrealism (which is something REngine went deeper).

Even the plot was more grounded on top of already grimdark shit that doesn't help games at all, for DMC it damaged its balance.

capcom didn't give a shit. they wanted to apeal to nomies with call of duty/last of us graphics and that's all they cared about.

thats Md framework

the only thing """"hyperealistic"""" about DMC5 is the graphics which is naturally inevitable since every DMC game was always strived to have great and realistic graphics for their time period and the story isn't anymore grounded than DMC4.
>Religious group worshipping a Sparda as a God and is corrupt
vs
>Demonic tree bring about the apocalypse
Unless you're talking about DMC5 showing a more serious side to characters, I don't see how the plot is more grounded compared to the other games

RE Engine can do anime style they just chose not to.
The said it did anime style visuals during the RE Engine/Switch GDC event

I wish I could play DMC 5 in 4k, that would look amazing.

>every DMC game was always strived to have great and realistic graphics for their time period
Wrong.

>literally have Itsuno saying that he's tried to make DMC look as realistic as possible
>"no guys this time it's different and it's bad"

>"no"

The realism of the graphics in DMC in general does not effect it's fun gameplay mechanics.

People need to stop thinking that it does. DMC always aimed for realism with the artstyle.

Attached: 1518185363028.webm (640x640, 837K)

Itsuno said realistic not hyperrealistic. Also arcade (which DMC5 nailed) yet it lost part of its own identity.

literally have matt and itsuno saying the higher ups came to them and told them DMC5 had to have a photo realistic look like call of duty and the last of us.

The motion capture is really well done.

Attached: 1563046847365.webm (1920x1080, 2.57M)

>"we tried to make DMC4 look as realistic as we could"
>"we tried to make DMC5 look as realistic as we could"
>nonono these are two totally different things clearly DMC5 is a betrayal of the series

I assume RE Engine is not suitable for character customization? DD2 or Deep Down might continue using MT then

Attached: 19FC1F87-CCF9-4784-815C-EA9575BA100E.jpg (750x364, 82K)

I hate jumping into things so I dont want to skip, but DMCV looks so sexy its hard to resist just playing it. I have the collection but I suck at dmc1 and am stuck on a pretty early mission without having enjoyed it much so far. I know theres a lot to love in these older games in the series and I'm sure if I skip to 5 I wont be able to go back, but I just dont know if I'll get through 4 while games before this one any time soon

>It's an epsiode of "user, trying to prove he can into reader's comprehension while utterly failing at it, DMC edition"
Can't fool me; you don't even know why the series became to be.

Attached: 1451951113131.jpg (250x250, 17K)

The difficulty curve was also total shit and killed my interest. BP was basic bitch shit. No extras

What are you having problems with? You could always make a dmc thread and you'd get help.

DMC1 is dated, specially the controls and combat. Power through it, play DMC2 drunk or high for shits and giggles. DMC3 is were you going at.

Like the other guy said, make a thread and report as you play it, those types of threads are always fun.

I need help, DMC1 solidified my habit of using dodge to jump throughout all five games.

Attached: 1563657245530.png (584x575, 242K)

I need more help; DMC3 solidified my habit of not learning to use royalguard at all.

It wasn't stylized like anime until 3.

Who is this? Looks kinda like Colors of Autumn.

Attached: 1564002550648.jpg (612x596, 44K)

This scene looks infinitely better with the hood.

Fight Vergil and Cavaliere Angelo in 5.

S-Ranking Mission 12 on HAH is a pain in the ass because dodging hits with SDT is difficult and the fight starts you with it and Urizen has the tracking tentacle that's almost sure to hit you

Attached: 1563410061049.png (250x382, 154K)

really? I wouldve thought I'd just get shit on for not understanding the basic combat mechanics. I got to the mission with the ghost thing with the scissors, died 3 or 4 times, and put it down a couple months ago. Maybe if I'm feeling up to it I'll throw it on tomorrow and make a thread.

Capcom’s models look worse than last gen with RE engine. RE6 models were kino.

Nah as long as you're willing to try out the game its cool.

>RE Engine
Should've used it for MHW which looks like a pile of stinking PS3 feces in 2019.
And on top of that extremely poorly optimized.

Attached: 20190316213708_1.jpg (1920x1200, 317K)

fpbp
Dante looks great but the rest of the models are garbage

>doesnt look like dante
whats the canonical dmc look to you? because its different in each fucking game, you twat