I have never played a video game in my life...

I have never played a video game in my life, picked this up because I thought it might be fun for a change and all the movies they had looked like shit. Which should I start with?

Attached: nintendostartscreen.jpg (3063x1723, 3.34M)

Of the bunch, Mario World or Yoshi's Island are probably the best for a beginner. I like DKC but it'd probably be too challenging to start with.

you need to play super mario world

Contra you pussy

I'm gonna suggest Earthbound just because it's the Mother series' 30th anniversary today and if you don't mind Turn Based RPGs it's pretty amazing, it even served as inspiration to South Park in a lot of ways, being a JRPG that's not medieval fantasy and you're just a psychic kid with a baseball bat.
Contrarians will disagree, but it's lighthearted and just takes reading all the dialog to follow what you're meant to do next OP

EarthBound's great but I suggested platformers since OP's never played a game before and those are the more straightforward/easy-to-understand genre, imo.
But yeah, OP, if you don't end up caring for Mario World or Yoshi's Island, RPGs might be more your thing instead and I'd recommend EarthBound the most of that bunch.

If you've actually never played a video game in your life start with Mario World

>I have never played a video game in my life
welcome to Yea Forums you'll fit right in

kek I get what you mean, but what occurred to me was all the times I've seen someone pick up Super Mario World and walk through the level and I've seen 3 separate people baffled by needing to hold the run button and press jump at the same time. OP might not be a complete retard though, but I don't want him to start playing and the game doesn't teach you how to run or pick up shells or anything.
OP since it's your first time, read the manuals for the games online

I tried Fzero, didn't do too well, lol. Didn't realize there was a turbo button until the last lap, but oh man, what an adrenaline rush. I'm going to do a few more races then I'll try Mario World

Attached: fzerolost.jpg (3157x1874, 3.54M)

>Didn't realize there was a turbo button until the last lap, but oh man, what an adrenaline rush.
pretty wholesome OP, I'm glad you're having fun.

This is adorable, keep posting

Super Mario World, then A Link to the Past, then Kirby Super Star.

Donkey Kong Country has some tricky platforming, but if you can beat Super Mario World then you can beat DKC. Same applies to Yoshi's Island.

Castlevania IV (being the easiest), Megaman X, Contra III, then Super Ghouls and Ghosts (being the hardest) are the four most difficult games on the list, but all are must plays even if you can't beat them.

Fuck I’m actually jealous you’re playing F-Zero for the first time. It’s timeless.
Since no one else said it yet, give Super Castlevania IV a go, it’s music and atmosphere are second to none

Alphabetic order, obviously

This is so much fun, can not believe such a nice little system was taken to the pawn shop. The 2nd level was pretty hard but I got past.

Attached: mariowolrd.jpg (1511x1189, 1.58M)

wait til you reach the level after beating the first boss OP

Yoshi's Island is perfect.
Secret of Mana too.

You might get lost in Zelda, though.

No one has mentioned Super Metroid yet. fucking seriously?

Mana is easy to get lost in also
And the mechanics aren't really obvious

Hack the fucking thing and put every single game from the NES to the GBA era you could ever wanna play.

Super Mario World is the best place to start.
It's Mario. You jump and you run. Easy stuff.

post more about playing mario world

Got a game over on the water level. Turned it off so I could cook dinner and take a shower, I'll play a little bit more before I go to bed and I'll take the left path at the level select map this time.

i wish i could experience playing the game for the first time again

Attached: 1431051475004.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Mega Man X

Same, on my father's snes. Super Mario World was my first video game... You're making me nostalgic now user, but I must ask, how come you never played a video game at least once ? I'm genuinely curious, might you be a bit old if I dare ask ?

Man, I remember getting my SNES after launch and having Mario World and Final Fight. Mario World was amazing, especially after coming from a NES.

this. It'll even run playstation games really well too

Hack it and play Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy II and/or V, Mega Man X2, Streets of Rage 2, X-Men vs Street Fighter...

I'm not "hacking" into it any time soon if at all. I have got a lot of games here and I doubt I will finish one, let alone all of them.

Hacking it and getting all those options this early into a potential new hobby might make it a little overwhelming. Screenshot some of these recommendations OP and if you really get into it definitely listen to these good recommendations. Of course if you are up to it do whatever you want. Just want you to enjoy the hobby like we all do before getting overwhelmed.

Nah, I put my Playstation games on my Playstation Classic.

>romhacking net
Then improve them. Though I cannot get FFVI Advance to run without it stuttering like shit. Mother 3 is fine, so is FFIVA & FFVA. WTF is wrong with FFVIA??

>Nah, I put my Playstation games on my Playstation Classic.
So do I, but that's because it's the only classic I own. can't go wrong for 20 bucks. I also put SNES, GBC, and GBA games on it.

You should hack the SNES Classic so you can add more games in.

Man this is super endearing. Please play Super Metroid

Fuck niggers

Shame your first vidya experience is full of input lag. These games are a lot easier on classic hardware (including an old TV).

The SNES Classic doesn't have any added input lag

Nice thread

Even if I believed that and boy do I have doubts, unless he's got it plugged into a CRT there'll be significant input lag.

It'd be practically impossible to notice if he's playing it for the first time

But it will still make the games much harder. The effect is still as detrimental, what does it matter if it is noticed?

OP I'm curious, why hadn't you played any video games before?

Attached: dk.gif (200x200, 63K)