Why did Arlo fooled everyone to want a new Paper Mario game instead of any other game from a dead Nintendo franchise?

Why did Arlo fooled everyone to want a new Paper Mario game instead of any other game from a dead Nintendo franchise?

Attached: paper mario.png (748x1122, 541K)

Why do you care about the opinions of a californian Muppet?

People consider the last true paper mario game being 15 years old

Attached: 1560036166975.gif (400x300, 167K)

Paper Mario has actually been dead since 2007 at the latest. Some people will tell you 2001.
Sticker Star and Color Splash were not Paper Mario. They were its shambling corpse inhabited by the evil spirit that's responsible for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Paper Mario has been dead since 2004, what are you on about? A bunch of games have been wearing its skin for a few years though.

Start your own fucking movement instead of whining about this one then. Paper Mario has been dead for a good while now and you’re well aware of why that is, don’t play pretend.

I love the first two Paper Mario games. Everything after TTYD even Super Paper Mario is garbage.

>no new punch-out game after the greatness that was POW
i'm still mad

I JUST WANT A FUCKING F-ZERO X REMAKE WITH 64DD'S TRACK BUILDER IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR

Attached: 1557136433901.jpg (800x450, 101K)

Most of those franchises have a solid legacy, even to their last game... Paper Mario can't be let to die on Color Splash and Stiker Stars shadow.

Acording to Miyamoto, yes, is better to let Mario Cart take everything from F Zero, instead of making a new one for "lack of innovation"

I wish someone out there had the balls to track him down one day, and just shove on his face a copy of each "New" Super Mario Bross entry, with that quote printed and plasted on each one.

I mean I love Super Paper Mario to bits but I can understand why some people don't consider it Paper Mario in the same vein as Sticker Star / Color Splash
It has the same writing style but the gameplay is so vastly different that it could've been its own IP honestly

Tekuza is in charge of the NSMB games.

> Not even a Kid Icarus Uprising port for a console that could handle the dam control scheme!

For real though, what's the deal with Nintendo and HD 3DS ports? All of them so far are third party!

NSMB innovates with every release though.

Still, I assume it wasn't his games, but when Nintendo keeps making those plus I don't know how many more 2D platforms, is hard to not get mad at that quote.

Kid icarus could had been such a big deal if it had been a Wii game, the controls were build for the fucking wii.

Paper Mario got two solid games, and then Nintendo didn't know what the fuck to do with it anymore.

You can't just assume Miyamoto is in charge of everything with the name Mario on it though. The dude's practically retired nowadays.

Because he is a fanboy for paper mario and it's his channel so he can do whatever he wants. Fuck this, i want fzero back ;_;

It means he doesn't want F-Zero to end up like 2d mario.

I know, I know... I just get mad at that mentality of his sometimes, a lot of folks at Nintendo still fear the idea of goin against his principles. I know fr example that Paper Mario downfall wasn't his fault, but the team still took his dislike to original characters to heart.

>remaster TTYD
>not remake 64

Attached: kot.jpg (1024x1004, 55K)

Can't remake what is already perfect

64 could use better graphics and fixing the framerate here and there where it dips
also add more partner dialogue while at it and make the font less pixelated

Also, the last Paper Mario (like it or not) had a really big budget game that nintendo seemed to have some amount of faith in. Every other game on this list that's had a game in the last 9 years either had a smaller scale new game or one that Nintendo didn't seem to advertise or sell people on too much. It's clear that Nintendo cares about Paper Mario far more than anything else listed here and I don't doubt we'll get another game. Hopefully not a remake of any of the old ones just to see PMfags seethe harder maybe.

True, but a point made on this campaign is that, we got plenty of chances to buy the original on the Virtual Console (heck, I have the original on 64, and on the Wii), and just the fact that port exist gives a chance for it to appear on the Switch some day again... TTYD has been MIA for decades now, and it's hard to pass to the new generations now.

Some people are retards who think their opinion dictates what counts as a sequel.

That only makes it worse. The other games get to die a respectful dead at least, with some quality games.

Nintendo just pushed their agenda on PM fans, and then blame us for not liking it.

true, they'd fuck up the aesthetics probably

Out of those pictured id definitely choose a good paper Mario

it already got remade and it was fine

when?

*reboots your franchise

Attached: 1555339121872.png (258x238, 89K)

mario 64 DS

>New Punch Out
nah, Punch Out Wii was an excellent send off.
It can not be topped especially in this era of Re-Anything.

I feel like the right solution is to give Punch-Out a new game every decade, maybe with a few extra fighters each time.

He meant Paper Mario 64.

>No Chibi-Robo

Attached: sad.png (733x695, 552K)

oops lol

Someone would have to be a real silly billy to not realize how awesome a modern F-Zero could be

hell if we want mario rpgs, why ttyd and not something like pm64 or smrpg
ttyd doesn't need a remaster, pm64 could potentially benefit and smrpg would definitely benefit
people are clamoring for smrpg again, focus on that shit instead of remastering a game that doesn't need a remaster
i'd prefer reviving a dead series but if it has to be a mario rpg, ttyd is the worst one to try to 'remaster'

This

Maybe the n64 mini would include such a thing

Can't wait for the next direct when color splash 2 gets shown off and he has to sit there and autistically screech over that and no PIKMIN FOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUR

it stopped being a turn based rpg. it completely lost it's identity. are you saying that you also consider 343 halo to be real halo so far?

there won't be a N64 mini

>new game gets announced within the next 12 months
>in spite of having had 2-3 years of development time before it's announcement no brains puppeteer and his followers will pat themselves on the back for a job well done

I can't stand these nu tubers, arlo, scott the woz, the others, they give such big opinions of games and series they know nothing about

>>new game gets announced within the next 12 months
are you a time traveller?

Ask Nagoshi to stop making annual Yakuza shovelware and ask him to pitch a new F-Zero.

Don't need to be to predict that there's another Paper Mario in the pipeline somewhere.

Why he fuck is he pushing a remaster instead of an actual new game

I don’t know what’s worse, Arlo fags pretending their efforts caused a new Paper Mario when it’s been in development, or Arlo fag’s bias when a new Mario and Luigi will be announced

>Don't need to be to predict that there's another Paper Mario in the pipeline somewhere.
It would be best if nintendo gave up on the series instead of damaging it further
Besides IS is too busy with fire emblem now that it is a mainline franchise and they like working on that more

Arlo’s video states he would want a new game in general, the idea is that a remaster is safer

>new mario and luigi
That's going to be a while off, they need to completely rethink art style, move their development team towards working in 3d, and learn unreal engine because they seem like they are cuck enough to not make their own. It's either going to launch for the Switch's successor or it's the Switch's swansong.

>IS is too busy with fire emblem now that it is a mainline franchise and they like working on that more
Different development teams, Int Sys are too small too, if you look at their credits it's full out outsourced staff.

Arlo’s shit tastes are leaking out again

Him like Paper Mario isn’t the problem, the problem is how he treats other series to make his favorites look good

Alpha Dream has been reported on working on a console project since 2017, switch and PS4 actually.

They aren’t Gamefreak

*2018 is when the job listing showed up

He'd rather have something safe than risk a new one coming out and having more 2D platformer features than he's comfortable with.

>B-BUT WHAT ABOUT MUH SERIES!!!
Pathetic. Why do you people always do this when someone wants a new game in a longrunning series? It's not like they're trashing other series either; you just do this without provocation. You people did the exact same thing whenever anyone expressed annoyance at the complete lack of Animal Crossing news for nearly nine months after its announcement.

Nobody is implying that
It’s the fact that Arlo used this example as his reason Paper Mario should come back

That explains the remakes, easy contract work with no effort required, they could even have made them back to back. I'd be surprised if there was a new Mario and Luigi coming in that case, the studio looks like it's positioning itself for independence, I'd be surprised if they were still a Nintendo partner by the mid 2020s.

They worked pretty hard to make the Dream Team Engine
So I felt they wanted to pump out enough games to justify it but yeah the remakes were just side projects.

I’m curious because it’s possible it’s multiple, switch getting Mario and Luigi and also a multiplat shared with PS4

That's like 4 games on one engine though.
There's no way they are making multiple games at once, unless these games shared assets like the remasters. It was a nice run.