Just beat this game, pretty good

just beat this game, pretty good.

Is there anything better in the same genre?

Attached: sotn.jpg (1920x1080, 584K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCGFjX5Cb_g
youtube.com/watch?v=bqwq024mgCo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldn't call them better, but other really good games are Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, and the new Bloodstained game that just came out.

This is in the same genre

Attached: e.jpg (540x537, 55K)

god i wish that were me

Hollow Knight is better than SotN in every conceivable way.

compensating and projecting

Only Super Metroid is better and just barely

why say that like it's bait? i'm sure there's a legitimate argument there. I prefer the artstyle of SotN myself

god, you HK fanboys are insufferable

Attached: Rolling.jpg (418x418, 20K)

youtube.com/watch?v=aCGFjX5Cb_g

fpbp

It depends on what you're looking for in the genre. I'm not aware of anything that can really match SotN's aesthetics or how much content it has, but there are games with better combat and environments that are more complex and challenging to navigate.

You might look into Order of Ecclesia, Super Metroid, Rabi Ribi, and/or Legacy of the Wizard.

I cringed

yeah, you would.

>Is there anything better in the same genre?
Rabi-Ribi

Attached: rabi-ribi-big.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

Came to post this.

circle of moon

About to play that right now. What am I not in for?

Surviving

Only noteworthy thing are the bosses being challenging, but you're also playing a whip character that gets locked in the Castlevania whip attack animation so that makes up most of the difficulty. I can barely remember the levels and powerups and new path openings were pretty bad outside of the standard double jump and high jump. It has a tackle to break walls but not very interesting outside of that and the slowest wall jump move in any game I've played.

intense fun on the sewers with poison water and some neat classic remixes if I remember correctly

HOW DARE YOU NOT PUT HK IN THIS LIST

Aria of Sorrow is better than SOTN in every way.

Came to post this.

Attached: AoS-JuliusFight.webm (480x320, 1.97M)

is not even the best handheld one

Attached: 1533540265720.jpg (383x362, 69K)

It's slightly worse in every way. It has all of SotN's weaknesses, and can't match any of its strengths.

Best bosses. The only Castlevania with legit menacing bosses
Rest is not that good

Don't think so, unfortunately. Many have tried but not even Iga can outdo it and he's the creator.

>having this on your computer
ew

It's not
The only good bossfight in the entire game lol

Hollow knight

Attached: Humm (2).jpg (466x422, 16K)

AoS is probably the most over hyped Castlevania.

Do you level up in Hollow Knight? How is the weapon variety? Equipaments, items? Magic based on directionals?

People suck its dick even more than SotN and it's always baffled me

>Do you level up in Hollow Knight?
No because the game is a test of skill, not a test of how long you can spam X in a room until you're strong enough to beat the bosses

>How is the weapon variety?
Only one weapon, since the boss difficulties are balanced around it. You can change its properties (length, attack speed, charge attack etc.) through learnable skills and collectable charms

>Equipaments, items?
Charms mostly, the rest are straight upgrades and typical metroidvania style items that improve your movement to get into new areas (double jump, wall cling, etc)

>Magic based on directionals?
Yes, but they don't use complex inputs. It's just each direcitonal + magic button.

youtube.com/watch?v=bqwq024mgCo

How about a 3 phase boss fight that lasts nearly 5 minutes and 1 mistake=death? because that Order of Ecclesia. This was the hardest boss fight I ever had to beat in a video game.

shut up faggot

Yes Metroid 3 and Metroid Prime and Metroid Zero Mission.
SOTN level design is not good.

I had more trouble with Blackmore and Dracula

>optical shot
>max shot
>optical shot
>max shot
>optical shot
>max shot
>optical shot
>max shot
>optical shot
>max shot
>optical shot
>max shot
>optical shot
>max shot

Now try super metroid and see which one you like better.
There are a ton of castlevania like games and metroid like games that can make your penis leak.
If you still prefer SotN style, skip the GBA games and try the DS castlevania games.

you only like this game because you're a pedophile and you know it

Attached: ANIMESAMMY.png (600x613, 482K)

Attached: 1562667676502.webm (640x360, 2.93M)