Phantasy Star Online

>Barely any new MMO releases in the last few years
>They are all irredeemable garbage anyway
>20 year old MMO still has a dedicated community
*sips*
Phantasy Star Online, now THAT was a game.

also please come play with me because i have no friends
ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Attached: pso132087352047041494.jpg (1920x1080, 848K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/LOVE-INJECTION/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PSO is a ton of fun and has a fantastic atmosphere, but what is the point if you've already done it and there isn't anything new?

because the last time you played was more than a decade ago?

I haven't forgotten anything in that decade is the problem, i could paint a picture of every corner of that game from memory.

I understand
But I truly hope I can get a party started

Attached: !1328526942133.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

I wish you the best, OP; I'm sorry for shitting up your thread. Have you tried /vg/?

PSO is really quite dull if you're not experiencing it with someone else

This is my home so I started here
I'll try somewhere else after 404 with increasing desperation

Played for about a week and got bored. A lot of QoL changes happened in 20 years.

Attached: PSO 01.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

It's not like PSO is a story-heavy game full of cutscenes, you can easily pick up and play it like a typical arcade game.
And, in my case at least, I still replay old games that I fully completed before every now and then.

I guess you're right, I just always get this strange feeling about replaying online games. Maybe because its such a big time investment?

>Barely any new MMO releases in the last few years
I have high hopes for Blue Protocol. The first time in years to get a new high-budget MMO, Japanese and not a WoW clone.

my dreamcast ep1 copy would have a word with you

This, the bullet bow actually looks fun.
That and PSO2 finally getting a western release.

Unfortunately masochists have ruined MMOs with Mobile games by meming about how they want to be in the fuck nowhere,suffering and sweating but still playing a fucking game like it's appropriate for the turmoil they're in as opposed to doing it in a relaxed familiar environment because that's not "hardcore" or exciting enough.

Only thing to do is gotta suck it up RIP our chances at Dragon's Dogma Online

Attached: 74097404_p0.png (1507x1737, 701K)

DDO is getting shut down.

looking for PSO group
steamcommunity.com/id/LOVE-INJECTION/
discord LOVE-INJECTION#7537

I'd join you but I just don't have the time to do PSO again.
Godspeed, OP.

PSO isn't as demanding as other MMOs, or even Diablo games. You can create a new character, kill some stuff, enjoy the soundtrack, find some shiny, quit the game, come back 7 months later, and keep progressing as usual.
It can consume a lot of time, but it never demands you to to consume said time in a specific time-frame (like rushing in a MMO to join the current raid tier or some time-limited endgame event).

PSO always felt a bit too simple for me. The gameplay isn't actually all that fun.

yeah but s o u l

Whatever you have to say to yourself to justify liking it. I think it's cool it still has a small dedicated community but there definitely were a lot better MMORPGs to choose from back in the day.

Go on