WoW Classic Thread - Chill Saturday Edition

WoW Classic Thread - Chill Saturday Edition

Let's try to just talk about the game, and not respond to- or even acknowledge the fellas that try to stir up a fight. It's alright to have different opinions. It's okay. Chill.

What're your plans for Classic?
>Faction, race?
>Starting class?
>Professions?
>Goals?

Attached: wow-classic (1).jpg (680x340, 53K)

>Faction, race?
Alliance. Probably human, maybe nelf. Played a troll warr in vanilla and hated how fucked up my armor looked.
>Starting class?
Warrior
>Professions?
Skinning/Herbing
>Goals?
Have fun casually leveling with friends. Run dungeons a bunch, especially SM. I wanna devote an entire day to just running all 4 SM instances on repeat. I fucking love that place.

zoom zoom

I'm hoping to find a guild when this game launches and make some friends for comfy vanilla play.

Human warrior. Mining skinning. Goals above.

>race
Dwarf
>Starting class
Warrior
>Professions
Engi+Mining, maybe skinning for early game
>Goals
Redridge Defence Force

Attached: 1502287325830.png (800x800, 362K)

>shill Saturday Edition
fixed that for you

I'm totally ready. Been slowly winding down from Eve which I've been on the last 3 years and ready to screw around in some low level dungeons.

I played WoW in the beta and through into a couple of months of TBC when I dropped it for obvious reasons. Haven't played it since but looking forward to getting back into it.

classic is fucked, layering, armory, streamers, shitty server tech, bugs, right click reporting
dunno why all this is getting a pass from so many people, when everyone claimed they were #nochanges in the beginning and now just continue to let shit slide because they are a bunch of giddy retards who would play any garbage blizz shovels out

So I started to play during Wrath and my main was a warrior. How much different will classic be if I go the same route?

>Faction, race?
One toon on each faction. Nelf and Orc or Undead.
>Starting class?
Hunter and Warlock.
>Professions?
Definitely skinning. Probably a second gathering profession while I level for ez gold.
>Goals?
Make zoomers quit the game by ganking them in world pvp.

Is it worth minmaxing Orc Warlock over Undead for the stun resist. Undead are way more aesthetic imo. How important is the stun resist?

Pretty different I think. Hard to say 'cause I played warr in vanilla, took a break to play a hunter in BC, and went back to warr in WotLK. You remember victory rush? Well you better forget about victory rush. Vanilla was rough on warriors who didn't know what they were doing, and even still it could be rough while leveling. If you want to know the secret to surviving the first ~30 levels of warrior hamstring kiting is your friend.

horde, undead
rogue
skinning+herbing, friend is going mage w mining/engineering
goal is to get full bloodfang set.

i think there is an actual paid effort to spam ff14 stuff and anti-classic, but my hype has not diminished. i've been messing around on private server

>One toon on each faction.
need pve server to do this, so for camping you will want a pvp server

Yeah, I'll have to play on two different servers.

is it a good idea to switch to a faction i never played before? Seems like a no brainer but i kind of miss the zones ive been before countless times.

>Faction, race?
MOTHERFUCKING
>Staring class?
INV
>Professions
ASMON
>Goals?
LAYER

victory rush wasnt even a thing in early wrath atleast I dont remember it being there.

Iirc, from people who were testing on the beta, hamstring kiting doesn't work because of the melee leeway mechanic. Unfortunately you're going to be facetanking a lot more as a warrior leveling.

I was Horde all the way through WotLK

Alliance might be a good change of pace. You can never replicate the magic of Barrens chat in today's meme culture

>leeway mechanic
The what? Whatever it is sounds fucking gay. That's the one thing that preserved my sanity solo-leveling a warrior on private servers.

depends if you have any intention of rushing levelling or gearing and being competitive, since you might waste a few hours overall finding vendors and quest shit, which you would already know on the other faction. i'm sticking with what i played in 2005

AHEM!

Attached: shb.png (1346x2094, 860K)

Alliance, Human
Paladin
Mining + Blacksmithing
To slay Horde niggers and defend my brothers throughout all of Stormwind's kingdoms

Where can I look for a raiding guild? Back in vanilla I didn't get to see anything beyond BWL because my guild was absolute dogshit. Any forums or sites to lookout for?

Try /vg/ or reddit

With the exception of Naxx all of vanilla content is piss easy by now, any guild that sticks together and maintains 40 regular raiders will make it through.

Naxx is a massive spike in difficulty and time investment though.

INVITE TO ASMONGOLD LAYER

vanilla wow had a leeway for melee characters which is dynamic and changes based on character movement and hitbox size. it was in the game to combat latency (i played a rogue with 280 ping back then in australia) to allow melee ppl chasing others to actually hit them. the leeway is included in classic wow too. but since a lot of people are now playing with much lower latency, it stands out as too generous. if you had good ping back then it probably won't feel very different. overall it's a slight buff to warriors/melee. sure hamstring kiting is harder on mobs, but a tauren warrior is gonna have huge effective range. also it hurts hunters by making it easier to work around their deadzone in pvp

just join general chat when you login and trade chat and world chat if they have it, it will be spammed with guild ads

based comfyposter

>Faction, race?
Female Undead
>Starting class?
Protection Warrior.
>Professions?
Probably Alchemy and Herbalism for easy potions. Haven't decided.
>Goals?
Just going to go through and enjoy the game. Maybe I'll meet some cool people, maybe I won't. I think rushing to get to 60 is silly as fuck.

Attached: 1546919954826.jpg (845x1121, 232K)

I think I will go human paladin and go with ret. I will probably never get invited to any guild that is good at raiding, but if I stick with it, I should be able to build some bonds in a more casual guild that eventually (eventually) clears on Naxx.

Oh, that's why mobs would hit you from a million fucking miles away. I always thought it was unintended. Well that sucks.

Naughty Nelf Warrior.
female (male) of course.
I just want to play and have fun

do you consider playing the opposite faction "not home"?

Attached: Comfy1.jpg (878x372, 73K)

kinda, it's not dealbreaker but it would just feel wrong. if you never played before cara then it doesn't matter

every time

Attached: 1510855637982.png (746x378, 127K)

Your meme doesn't work here, the object is in front of the female and in full view.

>/k/
>picture of hairy or deformed foot next to object laying on the ground
The best edit.

So, herbalism and alchemy for easy potions or skinning and tailoring for bags?

Def not rolling alliance, from playing on both retail and pservers for years now I can safely say its the faction that attracts most retards for some reason

>Literally holding the object in front of her
????

>faction, race?
Alliance, dwarf. fuck horde, no shoes...niggers
>Starting class?
Warrior, preferably fury although prot was the premier tank class in those days, might be different this time around.
>Professions?
alchemy/herbalism
>Goals?
relive the glory days of WoW with nothing else taking up my time outside of adult responsibilities.

Attached: MK.gif (498x670, 174K)

you better have that screencap

Evens NE Female Hunter
Odds Troll Male Hunter
Dubs and I move on with my life

Attached: F39A2D3C-F2CD-46F3-8229-308CA6FB183A.jpg (639x584, 92K)

Warrior, Engineering and Enchanting like 95% of the playerbase. Bored and quit two weeks in.

Nah, I lost 90% of my Yea Forums stuff when I accidentally the whole folder without realizing until a couple days later, by which point most of it had been overwritten and become unrecoverable.

>Love dwarves
>Want to play shaman badly
I guess Taurens will do.

How true do you think this is going to be?
How many people do you think will jump off the Warrior ship once they realize how bad it is to level it up?

Attached: Lmao.png (527x330, 15K)

I can't do it lads. I tried leveling in modern WoW but the whole experience is so fucking boring and un fun, and its as if blizz knows its fucked because they offer you the """"Option"""" to pay to skip the whole thing
its like I'm saying "why the fuck am i playing this shit when I can pay to not play it", then I remember I don't have to play it I can play something else

its only bad if you're prot. shit is impossible to level up
I leveled up as prot back in 2005 because I was a retarded teenager and didn't know anything. it took months.

i reckon we will see more warlocks this time