Am I the only who thinks Fallout 3 is so bad it's good?

Am I the only who thinks Fallout 3 is so bad it's good?

Attached: cd9.jpg (600x480, 28K)

someone post the mad dog [intelligence] fight the good fight

yo what are some good new vegas mods if i've played the base game over 20 times and want something to fucking do now

>so bad it's good
Explain.

Attached: 1550262508040.jpg (640x496, 26K)

It's not so bad it's good, it's just kinda lame.

Lots of cursing in that game. More modern Fallouts are more curated. I hate modern PC culture.

It's best to just think about it as taking place in a completely separated universe from the first two.

Attached: Fallout Tiers.png (1996x820, 576K)

People like Oblivion for the same reason, but for whatever reason, Fallout 3 isn't forgiven for not being taken very seriously.

I just finished playing Oblivion and it clearly has better writing than Fallout 3, so what happened between 2006 and 2008 that caused Bethesda's writing to turn south so damn fast?
And it's only gotten worse since then.

It's the ugliest game ever made.

Absolutely correct list

Attached: 350x700px-LL-e8a44423_1442100642873.gif (123x116, 276K)

KEK

Was this just a dev error? That seems like a Charisma check.

Todd lost his soul

switch tactics with 3, nostalgia biscuit

I think you mean SOLD his soul.

>Butch fled DC and headed west becoming the barber for The Kings

Attached: bd.jpg (500x500, 49K)

>fallout 2
>s tier

Attached: 7E4747AF-DCF4-44AC-919E-8BFF9D4BD891.jpg (2048x2048, 699K)

the contract stated each shareholder gets to hold on to a percentage of todd's soul

sometimes they bet a few percent of todd's soul on their monthly poker games

I liked F4 more than F3. Played a substantial amount of it but completely dropped it once NV came out

This whole exchange was weird as fuck to me. Like, yes, he resists the enclave with his radio. What's so hard to understand?

First you have to understand that at Bethesda Todd has said EVERYONE writes quests. Coders, artists, programmers whatever. So that's why Oblivion has such a mixed bag of absolutely great quests and then shit quests.

So you would need to see what changes Bethesda had in staff during that time. Also, Bethesda wanted to make FO3 very action focused (go watch the old interviews with Pete and Todd) remember at the time dude bro COD games were exploding in popularity.

No, only an intelligence person would notice that someone could use their voice to fight the good fight over a radio. The normal people just listen to it then act without realizing Three Dog's influence. Charisma would be like trying to up Three Dog and doing it yourself.

>S somehow before A
american logic

You're being far too kind to 3

That dialogue option isn't bad, but the fact that it's an intelligence check is hilarious to me.

1 in S
2 and NV in A

So is the consensus that you play Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout (3) New Vegas, and after that Fallout is over?

This, the only genuinely bad shit I remember was that thing with vampires.

I, for one, like to pretend 4 and 76 don't exist.

4 is B tier

3 is absolute C tier

1 2 and tactics and BOS might as well be a different franchise

play 3 and 4 if you like bethesda rpgs, nv if you like 3 but with a bunch of mods stolen from the community and incorporated as mechanics featuring celebrities VA

I guess they were supposed to be mutants?

Yeah

Nah 4 is shit dude 3 is much better.

F3 and F4 are just better treated as Bizarro Fallout.

Am I the only one who thinks OP is such a fag he is straight?

76 is unironically gonna be better than 4 in the long-term. Still shit though. They talked about in the panel today how the world is gonna be fully populated, have more C&C than 4, and specifically said the dialogue trees are gonna be like 3/NV and not 4

Attached: Fallout Defined.png (1024x1382, 1.86M)

The engine fundamentally can't run any of this smoothly in a multiplater setting, so it'll never end up better than the game that is basically itself, but that actually runs

meanwhile in 1998

Attached: inane.jpg (800x447, 45K)

This.

That wouldn't happen. Tim Cain is a gay with a husband and he wouldn't disparage fartfuckers.

The vampires were just meh.
Three-Dog was way worse.

Play F1, F2, and Tactics.

>giving a shit about Fallout lore after tactics and BoS

I miss when fallout was a good series

Fallout was never a good series

Tactics belongs in A, IMO.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 in 2008 it was like Oblivion with guns

"Oblivion with guns" was meant as an insult at the time.

depends on whether or not you liked fallout in the first place

No, Oblivion is objectively mediocre.

Tactics had better combat than 3,

you played it wrong. it's the most free and imaginative game in the last 40 years.

normalfags lapped it up
reminder fallout 3 won writing awards

retard

>oblivion
>imaginative

Not even going to dignify that with a (you)

Vampires are a ripoff of a similar group in Fallout 2

You think?

Attached: url.jpg (768x480, 36K)

I'm not sure Bethesda really took much from Fallout 1 and 2 they just like putting vampires in their games

Never played Tactics. Why don't people like it?

Thats from FOnline you faggot.

The problem with Bethseda Fallouts is that they just hit the Fallout Bible, make parts of it canon and then let Emil take a big shit on it to "keep it simple, stupid". When they do their own thing and don't try to make connections to earlier games you get actually decent stuff like The Pit, Point Lookout, Far Harbor, and parts of 76.

Short answer: because, like 3, its "not a fallout game".
Longer is that instead of another Fallout 2, we instead got an XCOM: UFO defence game set in the fallout universe with mediocre gameplay and poor story.

Most likely since it won numerous awards and garnered tremendous critical success. Drink some bleach and see if you can get a fresh take on that too.

Fallout ended with 2 and Tactics for me.

>Fallout 2 above fallout 1
Okay retard

i can get behind this image desu

I really like far harbor