#RemasterThousandYearDoor Worldwide Trending on Twitter

Why the fuck are we literally begging Nintendo for ports now? It's a fucking 15 year old game, my toaster can emulate TTYD.

Who the fuck is responsible for this?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.19.17 PM.png (1876x928, 132K)

based muppet finally did something worthwhile

I'd be down but knowing Nintendo it'd be a monkey's paw.

now? it's been nonstop port-begging for three years. it's absurd how most switch owners prefer old ports over new games.

To be fair, it's one of the best games of all time. But still, it looks/plays perfectly, so there's no fucking reason even a remaster. A port, maybe, but they may as well include 1 while they're at it. Otherwise, it's not needed

Just use Dolphin.

Well they need to justify their purchase somehow.

>switch
>remaster

lol. the game will probably look worse than the original version

If this works, we're doing F-Zero and Eternal Darkness next right?

I would say they should just make a new PM instead but they have no fucking idea what to do with the series so sure, just port the good ones at this point.

Nintendo themselves because they’re guerilla marketing an upcoming game. How new are you to the corporate world?

>mfw it'll just be sticker star but with ttyd environments and story

Attached: 1481751699892.png (500x375, 252K)

>remake thousand year door
>remove non-generic characters
Trolled, Miyamoto style.

It better come with new features, like an online battle mode, or at the very least, with paper Mario 64 included as a download code

>Nintendo listens
>tfw partners removed, bowser is made main antagonist, all original npcs replaced with palette switched toads

Because as Yea Forums likes to parrot

OLD GAME GOOD
NEW GAME BAD

Wait wait wait, didn't people hate the M&L remasters? And pan 2/4ths of the Zelda remasters?

Attached: 1538439268356.png (323x326, 101K)

Fucking retards. We doesn't need a remaster.

Do I really need to remind people how a remake/remasted might not be a good thing?

Attached: 8d5.png (1183x1800, 1.55M)

Here we go again... I'm gonna predict the next thing you're going to say, Boomie... "Soul vs. Soulless" isn't it? God you people are easy to read. Go suck Isreal's cock or something.

Okay. Hope you like your shoehorned Bowser Jr. sidestory, because God knows the story just can't go on without knowing what he was up to the whole time.

Attached: 1539483789755.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

>hate the M&L remasters?
Most people think they were decent I thought

Just emulate with the HD pack

Attached: Dolphin_cNwh3bUnfu.png (1352x1080, 1.17M)

>now

Looks the same aside from a couple npcs. Completely inconsequential

Honestly besides Bink and that one Hammer Bro, all of it looks fine.

Geno is the only excusable part because Square owns the rights and is an absolute cunt these days compared to back then.

>toadport
>shadow king bowser

stupid Gajin there are no Paper Mario games before Super Paper Mario

Attached: shigeru-miyamoto1.jpg (1000x563, 314K)

Overrated.

wow this sucks. has anyone played ttyd on dolphin? a remaster is a complete waste of time. all remasters are but ttyd still looks great.

they've been remastering the mario and luigi rpgs so why not
>it'll be on the 3ds

This is surprisingly faithful.

>all this TTYD hate itt

Everything is right in the world.

It shows Nintendo we would rather have classic style PM games at least

Soul vs. Soulless

Shut up, stupid bitch. There are details REMOVED from the original designs just to make it more "Mario", turning once unique characters into generic copies of established ones. Look at the Koopas, Shy Guys, Hammer Bros, and so on. The worst by far is Cackletta. They just removed shading and made her less evil-looking for literally no reason other than it's more "Mario" to not have shading that makes her look evil. At least they had the decency to not change the OCs designs too much, but then normies would have started to catch on.

This is the most obvious example of soul vs. soulless on this board ever posted, if anyone ever asks you what soul is show them this image. Just because the phrase "soul vs. soulless" triggers you doesn't mean it isn't true in some cases, especially this one.

Soul means lack of corporate influence and no attempts at conforming to norms. Soulless means tons of corporate influence and trying to be as inoffensive as possible. All of the design changes were due to corporate influence, requiring that certain types of enemies in Mario games have consistent appearances, like Bullet Bills, Birdo, Koopas, Shy Guys, and so on. Uniqueness sucked out, conformity obtained. If people tell you otherwise, they're wrong and are just stupid nostalgiafags who think less polygons and pixels = soul. Ignore them.

literally never heard of it before

lol

Okey okey boomie. No need to cry about it lol.

>Implying Intelligent Systems likes the Mario cast beyond the main 4.
You're thinking of AlphaDream.
That sounds more like an issue with the general artstyle than them removing "SOUL!!!111!!". Compared to how everyone thought it was going to go, it's surprisingly faithful.

>Beanerang
No, this is pretty good.

Twitter shit needs to be banned on sight asap. Twitter shit is not videogame discussion

Attached: Wow.jpg (300x230, 34K)

Over half of these look the exact goddamn same but they just have different lighting

It's a discussion about a pmtyd remake how more game can you get?

I'm still in favor of a containment board solely for discussing vidya politics/sjw/ecelebs/twitter/ect.

Attached: Ultros with a guitar.jpg (800x557, 209K)

Making Bowser the main villain of TTYD would require so much of a rewrite that it wouldn't even be the same game anymore.

It wont be a 15 year old game if they remaster it now will they.

You're missing the bigger picture. If the remake sells well, it will show Nintendo and Intelligent Systems that people want a new Paper Mario game that's more faithful to the originals.

>Implying the fandom won't disown the remakes the instant they're shown to use the papercraft style of the more recent games.
>Implying this won't kill off Paper Mario as a whole or send the wrong idea to IS.

We haven't had a Paper Mario that plays like Thousand Year Door in 15 years

snoys whined about MUH CRASH AND CTR for years, I don't really get why there's such an autistic anti-nintendo sentiment here recently

>Paper Mario "fans" scream and whine for a TTYD remaster
>Nintendo listens and makes it
>But they change one or two little, irrelevant things, like replacing a couple background standees with Toads
>"WOW you had ONE FUCKING JOB Nintendo, we didn't want this INSULTING GARBAGE. And $60 what the FUCKING FUCK!? Just emulate it at 4K because Nintendo are STUPID JEWS11!1!!!!1

This is exactly what would happen. I know it, you all know it, Nintendo knows it.

Never happening, Miyamoto has only gotten more protective over the years, no more OC donutsteel entries or spinoffs in HIS character's games.

most of these look fine. the ones that don't are fucking terrible tho.

>Bowser Jr.'s Journey
>Mario + Rabbids
>Luigi's Mansion 3
>Super Mario Odyssey
Er...

Paper Mario """""fans""""" are like smelly Meleefags.

They're not fans of the franchise, they're fans of one, single game within said franchise and bitch and moan endlessly about every other game in the series being shit because they're not identical to the one game they're autisitcally obsessed with.

>yfw switch has no games so they're begging Nintendo to remake old games

Attached: 1536417623508.jpg (640x480, 202K)

>1700+ games in two years
lmao gonna have more games than PS4 in a few months

Aren't they alright with Paper Mario 64, at least?

If ford would have asked what people wanted at the time they would have said faster horses

The point being people are dumb and dont know what they want until they're shown it. People want remasters because that's what they know. Same with sequels. Ask people what they want from Nintendo and I guarantee very few people would say "a new IP"

GREAT!
I wish that Nintendo start to do olds style Paper RPG again.

Attached: 1557757823056.jpg (626x756, 181K)

Dumbest thing I've ever read. Smash Bros are all fighting games. The only way it would be comparable is if the new Smash games were platformers

>Miyamoto style.
Tanabe

Attached: ecc.png (830x832, 571K)

Kudo and Tanabe should be fired.

those were remakes. not remasters.

>Rabbits & Penguins & Red Bob-Ombs
>Piantas
>Sprixies
>Lumas + everything else in Galaxy
user, I don't think Miyamoto is the one saying "use nothing but Toad".
That's the big issue: Not only are the toads generic, but they're the only NPC outside of very specific examples (Wiggler, the Shy Guy on the train, etc) whereas most games usually have something else besides Toads (unless it's pure gameplay like NSMB). Even Sunshine had colored Toads as part of Peach's entourage and still felt the need to create a distinct one that's slightly more important (Toadsworth).

it's not their fault that miyamoto forced them to remove any iota of creativity from the series.

reminder that nintenbronies are the same fanbase that want Nintendo to translate and release Mother 3 so they can pay for it even though everyone has already played it for free

>see what's trending
>look to see why its trending
>can literally feel iq points dropping once discovered
I just don't get how people put up with social media on the regular. NB4 b-but Yea Forums.

Smash Brothers didn't change its genre after Melee

>Paper Mario changes
>Instead of acknowledging that you don't like the new games and moving on, you instead autistically bitch and moan and call the new games objectively shit because they aren't what you wanted
Yes, just like smelly Meleefags. They couldn't just keep playing Melee and not play the games they didn't like, they had to shit on the succeeding games in the series and anyone/everyone who played them.

It totally is though. Read the interviews.
Tanabe is unaware of friendly Mario species that aren't Toads.
Bowser speaks in almost every mainline platformer. Sticker Star made him mute.
You can't look at stuff that only Paper Mario is going through and say "well, I guess that evil Miyamoto is doing it!"

Attached: Sticker Star Color Splash Infograph.jpg (4000x3371, 3.71M)

see
Its not about how the games changed, its about how """"""fans"""""" reacted to the change.

Its funny that when it comes to most Nintendo series Arlo cant make a video worth shit but when its pikmin or paper mario hes the man to go to.

Attached: 1523210087940.png (800x900, 781K)

>offering to pay money for a remaster is "bitching and moaning"

>REEEEEEEEE Nu-Paper Mario is SHIIIIIIIIT remaster the one GOOD game in the series REEEEEEEEEEE

>lol we're just asking politely for a remaster Nintendo has no obligation to make nor has indicated they have any interest in making :^)

You're whining like petulant children who didn't get the kind of cake they wanted for their birthday.