I'm a zoomer who wants to play Morrowind for the first time, which mods should I download, if any?

I'm a zoomer who wants to play Morrowind for the first time, which mods should I download, if any?

Attached: 1555475449411.png (800x1009, 2.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Plugins
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43931/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46993?
en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Code_Patch
timeslip.users.sourceforge.net/exeopt.html
downloads.openmw.org/windows/OpenMW-0.45.0-win64.exe
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42796?tab=description
twitter.com/AnonBabble

patch for purists. don't install anything that alters gameplay your first time.

basically get the high res textures mod and maybe something for game resolution. mods are overrated the base game is very solid.

Skip it and play Oblivion or Skyrim.

Seriously, you won't have fun with Morrowind.

Just play the game vanilla

Get mods after you've played for a fair amount of time to see if you actually like them. Getting mods on your first playthrough makes no sense, you haven't even seen what the game is and you want to change it. It's an old game so it's gonna look old, you wouldn't buy an old watch and change it into a smartwatch would you? well you might do that but the point is you're not enjoying it for the thing that it IS and you may as well buy a new watch instead. Skywind is coming out soon, wait for that if all you want is a modern game.

Just don’t mod it

Attached: 2451E9E0-440D-4075-8C20-0A893ED20133.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Miss

>Getting mods on your first playthrough makes no sense, you haven't even seen what the game is and you want to change it.
I think most of that comes from people who already played vanilla, then played with a mod, and started telling new players "play with this mod because it just makes the game better!" instead of letting them experience vanilla first and form their own opinions. It's not so much the players themselves deciding that it's a good idea to alter a game they haven't even played yet.

Get the code patch and mge xe if you want fancy graphics. Some say you should get delayed dark brotherhood too because you can get good gear pretty early without really having to look for it.

Morrowind Rebirth

Code patch, and patch for purists. You can look around at some graphical mods to see if anything looks good, but if you're inexperienced at modding I wouldn't go in with it.

>total overhaul mod for first time player
no

>mods

Learn to play games vanilla first, zoomer.

Neither will you playing Skyrim

play Gothic instead

Not OP but is there anything to keep in mind to not fuck myself over in the long run? Useless stats like swimming in Deus Ex or resistance in Dark Souls for example

Same as every TES game, the unofficial patch.
What says.
In general, before installing a bazillion mods like some do, always play the game with minimal modding, see how the game feels, what you like and don't like, then start gradually modding the game.

>Don't install delayed DB
>Get to Balmora
>Try to sleep in a bed after paying for tons of training in the mages guild
>Get attacked by DB assholes three times in a row

Attached: absolutely haram.jpg (544x468, 59K)

most skills are pretty useless outside of the main weapon and armor stats and some magic school.

One thing you should know is that hp pool is not retroactive so the powergaming strat is to pump endurance first. that means you will have to pay trainers or have some sort of endurance related skill that you can pump up to get your endurance stat higher.

but honestly it's probably not needed.

also take mysticism to reduce the amount of running around you have to do. trust me there's a lot of that and saving your time will allow you to enjoy the game more.

Download an alternate method of leveling mod
The way it is vanilla, you have to make most of your major and minor skills things you won't use so you can grind stuff you will use and get decent stat ups. You won't screw yourself over if you fuck it up since you can just use the broken alchemy system to fortify your strength for a bajillion hours, and its not like Oblivion where everything will outclass you due to fucked up scaling, but it still a bad system.

i thought this too, but then i played the game with just levelling 2 or 3 stats from the main school and never had a problem. the game is not that hard.

Like I said, it isn't a problem in the long run, but it is still a bad system.
Why not make it better?

because the combat is simple as fuck at its core and it doesn't really make the game better.

Why are zoomers so afraid of older games? Just play it like any other game, you dont need any mods.

OP forgot to tell you don't put athletics or acrobatics into your major skills because you will drown in level ups and it will be annoying to deal with.

None, you play it vanilla.

also i think there are some triggered events at certain levels where you get attacked and if you have 5 levels of just athletics/acrobatics, maybe your character will get fucked by those combats.

Long term no, but building up a few skills to high levels early on is more important than having a big spread. Also don't feel bad about paying for trainers.

>you have to make most of your major and minor skills things you won't use so you can grind stuff you will use and get decent stat ups.
No you don't. This is a single player RPG, minmaxing is not necessary. You'll become OP after a while anyway, but becoming OP too soon makes the game boring.

i agree, its nice to have multiple play throughs in this game because of only being able to choose 1 great house faction (yes i know about the glitches).

easy to do a fighter/thief/mage playthrough, the game almost encourages that versus the hybrid playthrough.

don't do this
download the delayed dark brotherhood assassan and faster move speed mod
The dark brotherhood will drop op armor that makes the first half of the game trivial and will keep coming so you have finite gold
and morrowinds move speed is just painful at the start. just get a +25% or something

yes, this game is non min maxing required. actually even thinking about it will make the game less fun for you.

buy skyrim
install enderal instead

Attached: vzxc.png (978x502, 637K)

just don't loot him lol

why download a movespeed mod if there are tons of spells to help you move around quickly and there is fast travel in the game.

cause no autist want to nonstop cast, or look up a guide to negate the boot effect

Why not just get rid of him at that point?

nonstop casting is using one scroll from the priests to go back to town?

not talking about the "fast travel" which isnt a problem tons of ways to get around that way im talking about the shit you can't get to like caves or around the towns that require you to cast fortifyspeed/jump/negate for boots.

just get a speed mod it literally makes the game more fun even late game you get to zoom around instead of just moving at normal speed
like give me one reason why not making a walk take +5 mins is a bad thing

because the fun of the game is exploration, and for a first time player that will ruin it for him

Daily reminder that anyone that advocates mod use is a scrub at games

Dude empty ass roads spammed with the same trash mobs and 1 song just isn't that much fun
Literally stop making a big deal out of a QoL mod

>Just play the game vanilla
this is the worst advice anyone can give. why play a mediocre game when you could play a superior game instead?

it's one thing if there was not sufficient documentation or tools to help with modding. but in the case of bethesda games, there are so many resources, explanations and mod reviews that it's stupid easy to find mods that will make the game 100% more enjoyable right from the start with minimal effort.

daily reminder that anyone that unironically thinks their better at single player games is a turbo virgin loser

it's not that big of a deal, but it's something that should be kept for a second playthrough.

mods are only a bandaid. the combat isnt that good, the stats and level up system and the enemies are all whatever as fuck once you come to understand it. the joy of the game is exploration and story, so what patches are there really to improve the strong points of the game?

The story is basically reapers, even has you building a crucible type thing.

Morrowind Code Patch
MGE XE (don't forget to generate distant land within MGE XE)
Patch for Purists
Better Meshes + Optimization
Graphic Herbalism
Weapon Sheathing
Morrowind Enhanced Textures
Delay Dark Broterhood Attack: Player's Choice (choose After Main Quest once you're given the option in-game)
Solstheim Rumor Fix
Fair Magicka Regen
Better Bodies
Better Clothes
More Better Clothes
Better Robes
Westley's Pluginless Head Replacer
Darknut's Little Weapons
Darknut's High Res Armor
Landcover 1k

>delayed dark brotherhood attack
>solstheim rumor fix
and you're done, they basically make addons (or DLCs is what you kids call it nowdays) a part of the world and not something pushed in your face out of nowhere
then you may grab any of the graphical overhauls if you fancy

>but it's something that should be kept for a second playthrough.
it really shouldn't anyone who spent 5 mins walking in morrowind wished they could just move slightly faster even late game your barely fast without breaking it from stacking buffs

most stories can be simplified that much
doesn't change its presentation and changing skyrims systems to be more complex and enjoyable to build a character in

basically you copped out and used cheats so now everyone has to do it.

>using mods for a first time playthrough
Why the fuck would someone want to do this? It boggles my fucking mind. You dont want to experience the game as it actually is, originally?

yeah but all of the skyrim combat rebalance mods are trash anyway. ive yet to see a mod that really can fix the basic core parts of the game

>moving a bit faster to get to the intresting parts and make the game more enjoyable
>cheating
???
Dude pressing auto run and watching youtube while my slow ass trudges around the map in vanilla isn't hard? you know that. right?

bro just hitting the enemies a little bit harder or taking a little bit less damage would make this so much more fun.

true but enderal is still more fun to therycraft a build
it doesn't fix skyrims core problems of health/lack of mobility/interesting spells
but its a nice bandaid and i still recommend it over all tes game

inequivalent arguments? Really dude?
Like why are you so mad about this?

sorry I don't believe in the theorycrafting buzzword. at that time, it's time to pick up a new hobby.

so your just retarded?
What are you even going on about, rn

i'm not, but for a first time player, faster run speed isnt a good mod. im surprised you are even carrying along with it this far.

no i am a very intelligent person with a high powered degree and a career, but i think that if we're at the point that we're theorycrafting for games and they're not even fun, it's time to move on to a new hobby.

Well for traveling it doesn't matter, but it's a definite combat buff if all NPCs and enemies don't also get a speed boost

Just get the, expansions, unofficial patch and maybe delayed dark brotherhood attack. The rest should be played in vanilla.

yes, you can kite the enemies with it. idk why he doesnt see that

>i'm not, but for a first time player, faster run speed isnt a good mod
The thing is
i asked you to explain 1 bad thing about people getting to the interesting stuff faster and you haven't gave me a single 1

yikes pulling the im actually a very successful person. I just unironically spend my day being retarded on Yea Forums
okay dude

code patch and graphics extender

None of the graphics mods or even graphical fix mods have water that is as good as the vanilla pixel shading water. None of them. Even just a widescreen fix mode overrides the default pixel shading and makes the water look ugly.

Attached: mw1.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

cause its not hard game to begin with? Lol
Imagine having a worse time because muh balanced in easily the least balanced rpg in existence

I got it for free on the anniversary.
Wasn't worth it.Anons weren't kidding when they talk about how slow the walking speed is.

this is a good list, OP

because morrowind has a very nice pacing and ambiance to it, like very few other games so the speedhack kind of ruins it. not to mention there are already ways to do that in game so it discourages the player from exploring and enjoying those options.

there's literally a stat in-game for run speed. so if you run fast from the start where is the progression and the sense that you are getting stronger as you play and level up?

Grab the Boots of Blinding Speed north of Caldera ASAP.

Kill the drunk in Caldera and take his house. It's conveniently located near the mages guild (which provides teleportation), and several shops. You can use Mark/Recall to return back to your house and store/sell your crap.

Bound weapons. That's all. Just bound weapons.

that's fine if you started at normal speed and could increase it to fast
but you go from very fucking slow to semi normal at 100
its just not fun slowly trudging along empty ass roads focred to listen to 1 song on repeat while spammed with trash mobs
its get old and i would just like to get to the fun part now, please

This water is superior to anything in the graphics extender or overhaul mods

Attached: mw2.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

>static reflection of the sky when there's a massive cliff
>constand rippling in a river
whoa... so this... is the power... of nomods...

ok, we've both said our piece. let others decide for themself I guess.

DOO DOO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DOO DOO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DOO DOO DOOOOOO
DOO DOO DOO DOO DOOOOOO

immersive 10 meter view distance can fuck off

well if you remove the view distance you can see how small the map is, and it kind of ruins the experience

>mods are only a bandaid. the combat isnt that good, the stats and level up system and the enemies are all whatever as fuck once you come to understand it. the joy of the game is exploration and story, so what patches are there really to improve the strong points of the game?

don't get me wrong. no mod will change the core mechanics or significantly improve the plot. but there are any number of quality of life improvements, bug-fixes, added audio effects for immersion, and graphics improvements that just make the game more intuitive, prettier and less prone to crashing.

why not use that from the start if it's super easy to do? why wait for a second play for any of that?

Attached: 4chan_1c175d_1609526.jpg (600x750, 66K)

Why not just play Skyrim if you don't Morrowind to be Morrowind?

>cause autists just want to prove how gamer they are by having a worse time

IIRC the extender lets you choose whatever distance you want, you don't have to let it let you see all the way to the opposite coast

It's literally the reapers from mass effect dude. I like enderal as well, but that was a pretty heavy rip off.

because you guys focus on the weirdest shit on what made morrowind special
it wasnt its fucking 10 meter view distance or snail crawl speed or non stop 1000g brotherhood gangbangs cause they forgot to have a min level when they made the dlc

who said anything about bug fixes or texture mods. you said combat fixes. and I said if a combat system is bad at its core, there is really no fix. when I see one, I'll admit that I'm wrong but I slogged through the ones for skyrim and it didn't really add anything to the playthough, just fucked with the level scaling and progression.

>Why the fuck would someone want to do this? It boggles my fucking mind. You dont want to experience the game as it actually is, originally?
bug fixes, stability increases, improvement on 20 year old graphics and sound? no reason why anyone would want to do that at all . . . .

and most stories can still be simpilified that much
skyrim was literally just dragons bad
its how you tell it and enderal presentation is top notch
im not disagreeing but giving it a rough time for something like that is silly

I just don't really get the point. it's a design choice for there to be limited view distance so that you actually have to encounter enemies instead of just walking away from them when you see them a mile away.

it looks better in motion than any mod ive used

>who said anything about bug fixes or texture mods. you said combat fixes.
ok, you're just fucking trolling now, I never said any of that.

So it's kinda sad you had to make combat even easier

Zoom Boom here
Go vanilla, once you get the hang of how the game plays it's really easy to get into

> it's a design choice
no
the slow run speed and fog were just limiations to help cover up how small the map was and make it feel bigger

you did if you're the guy who i was originally responding to talking about the enderel mod and theorycrafting. not a single person in this thread said that fixing game breaking bugs was bad, and if you're used to having conversations with people, you'd know that you were trying to paint all mods with one brush because you mentioned bug fixes.

Just imagine how pathetic people who are bad at single player games and need to mod it are

so basically what you are saying is that they were a design choice

Are you being real, right now?
Your defense to why people should have a worse time snail pacing across the map because their bad cause it affects the easy combat a little?
Why are you so angry about this, dude

The game is easy period.
Morrowindfag defend the lack of challenge by calling it progression.
I don't know how they defend the Oblivion style scaling from the DLCs.
Did you somehow get weaker in certain circumstances?

nobody like the dlc's tho

imagine playing an inferior version of a game just so you can have imaginary gamer points
technicality but your making it sound like it was genus and the dev team wouldn't have made players move at normal speed if the game came out in modern times
if anything modders are playing morrowind the correct way the dev team intended it to be played if they had the tech

the only mod I ever installed is Fair Magika Regen.

Not the other user but you just made the point it was design decision while claiming it was not a design decision.

I remember a time the Morrowind defense force would put a little more effort than "Nuh uh".

you should unironically play with no mods or maaaybe patch for purists
modding morrowind by following some of the brainlet advice in this thread would be robbing you of the true experience for your first playthrough.

him:
>so that you actually have to encounter enemies instead of just walking away
Me: no its cause they were limited
You: wtf that's what he said when you really really think about it

this is my last comment, because I don't think you're that intelligent and it's a waste of my time.

so what you're saying is that there is a hardware limitation that limits the map size so the designers made you walk slower to compensate for it, but now you want to adjust the walk speed without doing anything to the map size because you think that's the devs vision.

are you even trying to have a conversation or are you that invested in the movespeed hack. then fucking use it, who cares. sound like a fucking mod salesman.

Why are you changing what you said so much if your in the right, here?
> it's a design choice for there to be limited view distance so that you actually have to encounter enemies instead of just walking away
its just a limitation, i know your mad cause your trying to hard to be technical on something you didn't even say

Just imagine how pathetic people who feel the need to attentionwhore on an anonymous autism simulation website are.

Deinstall.

Issue: Hardware limitation and small
Risk: player immersion is reduced and the player gets more load screens.
Mitigation Plan: view distance and movespeed lowered

so essentially we remove how the designers have mitigated the problem without fixing the issue itself and that's supposed to be an improvement.

that's how dumb people are on this website.

the biggest problem with morrowind is how much of your time it wastes, get a run speed mod and a magicka regen mod so you aren't wasting hours of your life on tedious bullshit

i thought bloodmoon was okay. tribunal was just shit though.

small map size**

Lol, this projection...

yeah bloodmoon was pretty cool

Yea Forums is so gay board that even after 100 replies nobody even mentioned OpenMW or multiplayer

>yeah the map is small but you can walk slowly and see shit and pretend it's massive!
fuck off

heres the thing my guy
that wasn't his point
his point was
Morrowind is smart cause it forces players to fight fucking trash mobs without a chance to see them or run away and thats why you shouldn't mod away the 10 meter view distance
I said
no cause the dev team was limited and would of made the view distance infinte if it didnt show how small the map was

I don't get why your trying to suck off his dick unless of coruse your samefaggin
which is just gross, dude

>immersion is a dumb quality in a game that's only good point is immersion

i dont think you really know what that word means

>if it didnt show how small the map was
>doesnt fix the map size
>therefore, doesnt fix the original problem that the devs had to deal with

do you have a highschool degree?

I don't know about you but thick fog that follows you everywhere is much more immersion breaking than just knowing that the island you're on isn't the size of australia to me

well you are also a dumb person and could never create anything great so who gives a fuck what you think.

morrowind is a very special game when it comes to "games as art". i see what limitations the designers had, i see what they did to deal with those limitations. and they ended up creating something that was really cool and to this day people talk about it.

who gives a fuck what mouthbreathers like you think, in all honesty.

>keeps ignoring that it wasn't a smart decision and the dev team made it cause they wanted to trick players into thinking it was more impressive than it was
if someones wants to play morrowind in their original depiction
whats your problem with that

also love you keep ignoring the central problem that sparked this convo to begin with. really shows your the smart guy here

naw its just cause your a nostalgic baby
its an okay game, but a work of art?Dude gothic 1+2 are better games, wtf.

literally half of morrowind is walking empty roads fighting the same 3 fucking trash mobs with 1 music track on repeat
its not that great

have a nice life, bud. you're just another drone.

gothic is also a really nice game. just because michelangelo was good doesn't mean davinci wasnt also good.

Were already at the part where you throw a bitch fit and just deflect instead of countering my points and pretend your the smart one here?

>no arguments
>muh nostalgia and personal attacks
alright, have a good day
for the record my opinion of morrowind is probably just as high as yours but don't act like the devs were infallible

Jamming that refresh button so you can make long posts about how mad I am. Yeah, I know what it means.

Oh really explain to me then how that was projection while you still ignore my points

People who make a living making games give a fuck about anons like this.
People who make mods as a hobby can afford to give no fuck and be sanctimonious pricks about people who don't share their views.

You are wrong.

I'm about to play Morrowind for the first time. Recommend me a build.

Attached: 1563590198485.jpg (768x1024, 145K)

pure mage

cap or uncapped niggers?
I about to reach 100 destruction ,99rn at lvl 11

Nord with a generic warrior build, pretty easy for a first timer.

>Race: Nord
>Favored Attributes: Endurance, Agility
>Birthsign: The Lady

Be sure to take Axe as a Major Skill

Attached: 3326581684.png (595x585, 448K)

Why rec easy mode?
Who am I kidding every build is easy mode.

If user wants a challenge try to make a build that isn't op

Is warrior actually fun in Morrowind? I imagine the sword fighting mechanics are ass.

Don't use a shield. You have to hope the RNG goes your way in order to use it.
If you do go fighter go 2 hander. Lot less aggravating.

I actually like using a 1hander and a shield, since it makes you nearly unkillable and its another skill you'll just passively accrue
its pretty fun but dont roll a warrior, just make a custom class with the warrior skills you want plus a couple schools of magic. at very least mysticism for teleports and levitates.

If you are playing the steam version get the official plugins that where not included for some reason.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Plugins

You can find a one in all download here with some bugfixes included
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43931/?

Attached: ald_ruhn__silt_strider_port_by_alexeyrudikov_d4l7fi7.jpg (960x1384, 1.74M)

why not though?
i love going longsword + shield

ignore this guy, endgame you are going to want an enchanted shield with sunder. You can put a fuckton of Strength on the daedric towershield If I remember correctly

For first timers I always reccomend luck as a favored attribute. Even if you never level it that 10 points is just too much to give up

Attached: the_god_above_the_island_by_alexeyrudikov_dad9lfx.jpg (2400x1200, 1.89M)

Yes, why wouldn't it be. Magic is better late game because of all the dumb spells you can make but warrior is plenty viable. The amount of magical scrolls and magical artifacts found in the game make it so you don't really miss out on the magic system, you're just more limited. Two handed weapons are fucking monstrous in Morrowind.

Serious question about morrowind.
Is there a good reason to ever go any of the towns outside of the main quest?
I've only been to like 10 towns in the game, mainly the northeastern shores + balmora vivec,ald'ruhn and seyda neen for obvious reasons.
Sure, i've stopped by the other mages guild locations for shopping but....

Don't play it. You don't have the attention span for it and the game simply isn't designed for you.

>I'm a zoomer
>will immediately proceed to hit x on this thread after this post is sent

>Fair Magicka Regen
d r o p p e d
You have to manually edit the file and reduce the mana regen tenfold for to even START to feel fair.

why cant mods keep the pixel shading?

Quests? Rumors and shit will lead to artifacts/loot too.

Ahnassi is Best girl

Attached: MW-npc-Ahnassi.jpg (768x768, 75K)

yeah well, obviously you can get quests from mages guilds and such but is there sort of a logical line to move from the balmora area to let's say sadrith mora?
i do remember going to some random towns every once in a while to talk to someone though but can't really remember that much more

You could use a different magicka regeneration mod. There's several to choose from.
I personally use purist friendly magicka regeneration.

Also, let's be real, no amount of magicka regeneration will ever be as broken or unfair as vanilla alchemy.

>to move from the balmora area to let's say sadrith mora?
Nope. If you feel like checking out Telvanni or just visiting for a mages guild quest, then go for it. The surrounding area might be slightly harder but there really isn't a lot of level difference, Morrowind is much more specific with the challenges (i.e. Red Mountain, Vampire strongholds, Daedric shrines etc. is where you'll get fucked over).

Yeah true, I just didn't like how that mod was basically "full mana every encounter". Fire bite/hearth heal are OP early on.

i actually remember going to some sort of dwarven (whatever they were called in morrowind) ruins and got my ass handed to be by some of those metallic fuckers, centurions i think they're called

Play the game vanilla. Maybe get something like MGE XE to run it at a modern resolution. The magic in this game is a lot of fun, so it's recommended to play a class that can use it (user defined).
Here are a few guidelines of making a good custom class:
Choose 1 type of armor as a major skill that you will want to use while playing the game
Choose 1 type of melee weapon as a major skill that you will want to use while playing the game
Choose 1 type of ranged attack as a major skill that you will want to use while playing the game (marksman or magic)
Choose at least 1 method of dealing with locks as a major or minor skill (security or alteration)
The rest is optional though you may want to condider a means of healing yourself

I remember walking into the Dwarven vampire lair not knowing vampires were even in the game, hearing some weird voices and some shirtless dude zooming towards me before raping me. Shit was hilarious.

user, MORROWIND MAP IS SMALLER THAN SOUL REAVER'S FULL MAP.

>Try to replay Morrowind
>Get Back into Making Potions
>Pick apart hard of the map and drink so much potions i can go super saiyan
>Break and beat game within 3 hours

I wish i could forget or resist the urges i have to not break the game. It just doesn't feel the same.

>I need attention so badly I can't post anonymously
That's far more pathetic, really.

Thanks, I'm going with a warrior build then. Redguard is the best starting class right?

Why would you ever not get patch for purists, retard? It does exactly what it sets out to do and nothing more, it's objectively an upgrade to vanilla. Also you do not need db delay or solstheim rumor fix if you use it as it has it's own fixes for those problems. All movement speed mods are actual trash as they speed up all npcs and monsters in addition to yourself, making them much more difficult to hit with ranged attacks.

Leveling in Morrowind is still a pain in the ass, not even the UESP or the Og strat guide saves it.
Also if you're someone with low heath, you're fucked because you're stuck with Spears to level endurance for HOURS to stand a chance against certain enemies.

Redguard or orc will give you the easiest time starting out as a warrior.

Mackom's head with the Hairfix and Better Almalexia is also needed.

Also, its damn good
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46993?

Attached: ALma.jpg (1280x1024, 1.26M)

OpenMW for bug fixes, better compatibility with modern PCs (like proper modern resolutions and aspect ratios) and patchforpurists to cover bugs not fixed by OpenMW.

OpenMW Fucked up graphics and shadows in the latest update, and the fuckwits are occupied with other stuff

People say Redguard all the time but Nord is easier. Nord gives you complete immunity to Forst and 50% Resistance to Shock. That's 2/3 of all offensive Destruction magic taken care of. Adrenaline Rush on Redguards is only useful super early game where Fatigue Potions will be hard to come by and your Fatigue is lower. Woad never stops being useful. Redguard's Disease Resistance is also worthless thanks to Potions and the Main Quest of the game.

As another "zoomer" you're a fucking nigger if you can't play with just OpenMW just get the fuck out

Attached: evan-scale-sekiro-art.jpg (1920x2901, 841K)

The essential mods are MCP, MGE XE, Patch for purists and Better dialogue font.
Other good ones are UMOPP (official plugins except they're cleaned) and Talrivian's State-Based HP Mod. (Makes it so you haven't got to rush endurance from the get-go without being severely disadvantaged)

Attached: 1533054022998.png (640x480, 255K)

>I'm about to experience this unique video game for the first time
>how do I change it so my experience is inauthentic?
I will never understand you people.

People recommend Redguards to newbies for their +15 Long Blade because zoomers are notorious for coming to this board and bawwing their eyes out after getting killed by a rat they couldn't hit with their empty fatigue bar using a weapon they weren't skilled in.

Also, Destruction has 5 elements:
Fire
Frost
Lightning/Shock
Poison
Magicka

Even if you're playing the game for the first time playing it without MCP/MGEXE/PoP/Better Dialouge Fonts/DelayDB Attack/Solstheim Fix is fucking stupid.

Even then the Shardaxe is in Seyda Neen, Nords starting out with 50 Axe Skill with that makes for a much easier time.

>mcp/mgexe
Not a mod.
>PoP
Huh?
>better dialogue
What are you, 90?
>DelayDB Attack
Nice but you should decide for yourself to use it after experiencing getting assraped at level 1
>Solstheim Fix
lol

honestly, there are no essential mods.
the game works like a charm and doesn't really need anything.
Sure, bloodmoon and/or tribunal add some QoL shit but still not essential.
only thing that might even resemble essential would be the pylon travel quest thingie

Stop being a faggot

Code patch and MGE are definitely essential if you're playing on a modern PC. They don't even change the game, they just fix it so you can use modern resolution and bug fixes. Alternatively you can use OpenMW.

serious question, what the fuck is the definition of a "zoomer" and "boomer" ?

anyways, i always recommend stuff that are hard/annoying to raise which is the only right thing to recommend. waepon and armor skills just come with the game so no need to even have them as main skills anyways

>actually being nostalgic for broken expansion implementation

Attached: 1529963580158.png (572x508, 545K)

is there an actual reason for all those mods you listed?
sure, it changes the game but was there anything wrong with the things those mods change?

I too love running into one of the 1000s of bugs in the game instead of easily getting rid of them and experiencing the exact same game

Attached: 1548835562038.png (1080x1331, 619K)

>code patch
>doesn't even change the game
>mge
>forces a new, shittier water shader on you and makes you guess-and-check the correct FoV, its auto-calculator for your aspect ratio is fucking wrong (use 112 for 1920x1080 btw)
>distant land is fucking retarded

Pathetic modfags trying to jump on newcomers
You're trying to sell liberal arts degrees to teenagers.

Attached: mcp.png (865x1023, 594K)

OpenMW

it's so stable, it's wonderful to play a bethesda game and not have it crash all the fucking time

wait, which bugs exactly?
i'm always baffled with all these mods that are "needed" when i've rarely noticed bugs.
higher resolution is always fine but honestly, not needed.
sure, 320x240 might be annoying but anything at something like 1024x768 is enough unless you're a graphics fag and/or cunt

MCP fixes a fundamentally broken game, MGE XE gives the game better graphical capabilities, Patch for Purists fixes numerous bugs and other things within the game. DB Attack delay stops a possible early game exploit that will suck all the fun and struggle out of character growth, and Solstheim Rumor Fix is just a nice thing to have so every NPC doesn't mention Solstheim as their first Rumor.

Nords start with 45 Axe at max, compared to 50 Long Blade, and have terrible agility. The Shardaxe is also generally not found without metagaming knowledge.

I'll give you the +25% movement speed for males and the resistances, but that really doesn't matter compared to hit chance in the very beginning. Nobody in their right mind would every choose the Warrior birthsign, but that's what I'd recommend to newbies who aren't used to older games.

On this board, zoomer refers to the young generation used to modern games that can't handle difficulty, older graphics or anything that requires thinking or patience. It's not about age but about being a retarded normalfag.
Boomer has become completely meaningless as it's used against anyone older than the poster here, but actually it means the Baby Boomer generation.

>no shadows
>broken spells
>baked in mge shit
>not even fully released

care to list those bugs?
literally can't remember even one.
i'm assuming you mean bugs that actually matter so don't bother listing shit like "yeah, wrong color item" or anything of equal value.

>openmw
Why are you shilling a free, unfinished version of the game? Do you hate shadows or something?

>doesn't even change the game
it adds (optional!) new gameplay features and fixes some key fucking bugs like save corruption you goddamn dingus. low quality bait
install the code patch, mge xe, patch for purists and the optimization patch in that order. dont install mgso or ill fucking point and laugh at u

jesus christ, those mods then fix essentially nothing
graphical capabilities = no concern for anyone
"fixes fundamentally broken game" = fuck all, elaborate
numerous bugs = didn't notice a single one in my ~10+ games
attack delay = exploitters gonna exploit, if you don't want to exploit then you won't
Solstheim rumor fix might be ok though

ok thanks user, then at least im not a zoomer, i might be a boomer though since it's so fucking vague.

anyways, tata im off gotta go running and swimming in the morning

patch for purists includes a replacement for solstheim rumor fix goddamn it
altho it might not anymore i unno 3:

You don’t need mods, and even if you did, why would you want to take advice from the fuckbags on Yea Forums? Look at the fucking nexus and choose what you want, it’s not hard.

>graphical capabilities = no concern for anyone
It is for people that want a prettier game than the vanilla one

I guess you never got very far into the game then

45 to 50 is not a huge difference at all, not enough to pick Redguard over Nord. Nord's racial traits are never going to stop being useful, Redguard's fall off quickly. If someone is worried so much about early game being an impossible feat that they need Adrenaline Rush then by all means pick Redguard.

With that said, Morrowind isn't a game where minmaxing is that necessary (unless you're really new or bad and need the help.)

At some point you'll become so overpowered that the difference between Nord and Redguard becomes negligible and you won't notice the difference, so unless you think you NEED that boost as a newbie then go with whatever you prefer.

>attack delay = exploitters gonna exploit, if you don't want to exploit then you won't
That shit has no business being an event for a level 1 character. It isn't really "exploiting" when the devs have facilitated it so thoroughly. It's the devs that put the assassins and their gear right in front of the player. It isn't exploiting when it's an enemy that is forced on you that you can loot for good gear. Hell, if you've never played Morrowind, you don't know that the assassin is from the expansion pack

>fuck all, elaborate

Look at the very first listed fix.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Code_Patch

Yes, it's not a huger difference, but if you're been on this board for a while you should know how many retards come and make threads to cry about not hitting anything.

For powergaming, Nord is tied for best race with Breton, but that's not what this discussion is about.

Morrowind fans
>THE GAME IS SO FUN BECAUSE THE EARLY GAME IS SO HARD AND IT FEELS SUPER REWARDING TO EEK OUT YOUR LIVING AS A LOW LEVEL CHARACTER CLIMBING THE RANKS

Also Morrowind fans
>DUDE JUST EXPLOIT FUCKING EVERYTHING AND BREAK THE EARLY GAME WITH HUGE SUMS OF GOLD LOL

What the fuck are you talking about

I decided to go with nord after all. The resistance seems more useful than the small attack bonus redguard gets and also I want to be a big two hand wielding brainlet.

Fair enough.

timeslip.users.sourceforge.net/exeopt.html
exe optimiser makes the game run a little bit faster and have no bugs so far as i am aware. use after mcp and keep a backupas of the exe if you want to change mcp setting as you need a vanilla exe to do that.

>Do you hate shadows or something?
It has shadows merged now retard, and, despite being unoptimized for performance yet, they're graphically better than shadows in all of Bethesda's other games.

did not mean to quote

Just the mods that patch vanilla and fix major issues. They're pretty obvious.

As for what mods you'll be happy with in the end, it's complicated.
Everyone has their own set of mods they like to use to taste. I have around 130 "vanilla-like" mods, some of them official Bethesda stuff, and all they do is upgrade vanilla textures and meshes, patch out some of the bugbears like the DB assassin timer and some other shit, and add a couple more variations of random beasties to kill and loot. Then I have executable patches and such applied, like MGE, but without all the texture fuckery.

It's the kind of mod pack I wish somebody else made for me the first time I played, since debugging and editing all that shit to work together was a fucking nightmare.
When I finished getting it all working two years ago, I didn't feel like playing since I couldn't immerse myself in stuff I've been tweaking for so long.
But I booted it up last year and had a blast.

If you want, I can upload the entire patched game and mods to mega or something.
It's the GOG version so you don't need gaben's divine permission to run it.

Attached: mw.jpg (3840x2160, 2.97M)

Patch for Purists, Optimization Patch, Project Atlas, and an 'always hit' mod of your choice.

Atlas is more optimization stuff despite its name. The combat can be gotten used to, but the combat isn't the appeal of the game anyway. It's a barrier to entry to being able to explore the world.

>always hit
fucking zoomers

>It's a barrier to entry to being able to explore the world.
In my opinion, the missing and shitty spells makes exploration more interesting.
I opted to learn a couple illusion spells to help escape dangerous situations and snoop around.

Not everyone might want to do that with their character, but if you intentionally make one with low stamina and no weapon skills, it will seem like missing is too common versus trash enemies.

>and an 'always hit' mod of your choice.
Why? Would you do the same if you were to play Baldurs Gate? Chance to hit is a part of character building, not some inconvenience that you should eliminate through mods

Tribunal expansion delay and Indoril/Ordinator non aggression fix. There's a quest really fucking early in the game at Vivec and the reward is the Indoril armor. Problem is that whenever you equip the armor, all Ordinator guards instantly attack.

hand-to-hand based monk

>Problem is that whenever you equip the armor, all Ordinator guards instantly attack.
That's bullshit. First, it's only the helm and cuirass. Second, you need to be wearing them while TALKING, as in entering dialogue mode, with an Ordinator. Otherwise you can run in their face wearing Indoril all day and they won't give a shit.

And by the way, the quest also lets you choose the best non-selfmade unique belt in the game instead of the armor which is pretty easy to find during some quests.

downloads.openmw.org/windows/OpenMW-0.45.0-win64.exe
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42796?tab=description
And get at least one house mod to store your shit in as you won't get a decent house until later in the game, I personally recommend something near Balmora.

Of all the mods though, get OpenMW, I can not stress how much better the game runs with it, I haven't had a single crash or even loading screen for that matter since playing with it.

>the quest also lets you choose the best non-selfmade unique belt in the game
It was my first playthrough. I saw badass armor that reflected my status as Nerevar reincarnate and I wanted a piece of that.

Still though, that whole thing with the Ordinators and the Indoril cuirass is complete horse shit. The pieces are gained legitimately and it can completely fuck your shit up for no reason whatsoever. Even if you wear the cuirass just once in an Ordinator's presence you're marked for death the next time you speak to them, whether or not you've removed, dropped or sold the item.

I can only presume it's a bug, because realistically or lore-wise, they should only go bananas once you're wearing the helm.

The guy who gives you the armor does tell you not to wear it in Vivec, though.

retarded modfag lorelet

That does ring a bell. I probably shrugged it off or something.

OK.

if you like call of duty, follow this advice, if you like RPGs, play morrowind

>get the urge to replay morrowind
>install openmw and good to go

>get the urge to replay skyrim
>install 15 mod organizers, load order optimizers, bashed patch creators (need at least two of these), INI editors
>reinstall the mod organizer because it's obsolete now
>install a BSA/BA2 unpacker
>then finally can install 30+ mods for a simple vanilla+ experience

>get the urge to replay Oblivion
>same as the above minus the unpacker
>except everything is old and broken

>always hit
>install cheat mods for the "pure" experience
A 8 year old ME could figure out how to play Morrowind. You have NO EXCUSE.

Bugfix mods.
That's about it.

Are there any mods that give you more control over the leveling so I don't have to ruin it for myself with minmax autism?

Interested in this too
Maybe something that changes how endurance works as well.

Why do you min max in Morrowind? There is absolutely no need to.

If I can do it, I will do it. I can't help myself.

I would argue that you should definitely mod the game to play in a more modern aspect ratio at the very least.

this, or pilgrim. the temple quests are pretty comfy, and they go well with a monk character too, user.
if you have the time and patience also read the 36 sermons of vivec for lore/MUATRA

Attached: shaggy ancestor.jpg (837x619, 47K)

Don't listen to this scrub, no need for faster move speed, just get your acrobatics and athletics up and learn Morrowind strafe jumping.

none and you should smoke weed before you play

Different user.
The starting run speed is fucking glacial. If you are going to mod the game fixing that should be at the top of the list.

Report it to the guarss, go to ebonhart, badabingbadaboom. What is so fucking hard?

>report it to the guarss
The fuck are they gonna do, try and eat the brotherhood?

You havent seen them guars man

Madd leveler
Madd leveler + Talrivian's State-Based HP Mod

What is the best weapon specialization to pick and why is it short blade?

Because glass jinkblades are a dime a dozen

That's not spear.

Longblade and Blunt Weapon are objectively the best

I'll say Spear just for the comfortable range.
After that Blunt because Sunder is the best weapon in the game.
Long Blades are generally good too.

What do you even get with Shortblade besides Keening and Black Hands Dagger? Longblade has: Ice Blade of the Monarch, Goldbrand, Eltonbrand, Chrysamere, Blodskaal Blade, Bi-Polar Blade.

Fang of Hakneatabmataerawerawer

Fang of Haynekhtnamet, Mehrunes' Razor, and easy access to paralyze on hit weapons.

Blunt is shit outside sunder. Lots of good spears though. I just feel like Long Blade gives you so many good options so I tend to favor that. Short Blade is handy for Keening and paralysis shit.

Long blade because most unique weapons fall under that type and it feels wrong to not use Trueflame after procuring it.

I need to do a hardcore Never Evereen playthrough sometime where I go as traditional Dunmer as possible. Trueflame looks so cool but I hate the Tribunal expansion.

you'd better do what they say

The Fang of Haywhatever is by far the best short blade in the game, though it's quite far away from the overall top weapons.

Other than that, really nothing outstanding, only the Ebony Shortblade for its 15 min damage is probably the best.

>Blunt is shit outside sunder
Yes. But Sunder is still the best weapon. Keening really isn't that good, it has shit damage and low durability.

Long Blade for that dope Daedric Crescent

>play argonian
>get diseases all the time
>play orc
>never get diseased ever

Am I just unlucky or is something up with this game?

Attached: am I illiterate.jpg (1024x681, 79K)

Orcs are too stupid to get sick.

Makes as much sense as anything I could come up with.

>playing Morrowind for the first time
>ask the Orc walking around Balmora bout rumors
>"Everyone is talking about the murder of Ralen Hlaalo."
>click Ralen Hlaalo hyperlink
>"Who?"

Attached: 1239826810618.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Redguard, major Long Blade and Heavy Armor, specialization combat, sign The Lady, tagged attributes either endurance/luck or strength/luck
There, ezmodo for the base game.

Generally good advice but wouldn't it be better to go str+agi or end+agi or some other combo of the 3? 10 points of luck won't do a whole lot, especially for a complete noob who won't even level luck.

Nord's better and IIRC he already made his charcacter

>dogshit agility
>axes are fucking trash
>>m-muh resistances
Hahahaha
Endurance and Strength determine starting HP, and you want Endurance as high as possible ASAP for health minmaxing. Luck can only ever be raised one point at a time, so a +10 at the start is based, and it affects damn near everything, so it's always useful. Agility can be raised as necessary later on.

Yeah Tribunal is a slog, I remember spending something like 3 hours to find those altmer trainers in the sewers, dying every 5 minute or so to packs of club wielding goblins that for some reason do outrageous damage

>a hardcore Never Evereen playthrough sometime where I go as traditional Dunmer as possible.
Hit me with a build, dude.

>giving up Frost immunity, halving Shock resistance, and a good Shield power for 5 more points of Longblade at the very start of the game, slightly better starting Agility, worthless Racial traits, and a Racial power that stops being useful early-mid game

Lmao. Sure man, take those trade offs, have fun on Solstheim or fighting any high level spellcaster.

>the game where literally everyone that plays it for more than five hours gets ludicrously OP through the artifacts you find, no matter your starting build
>thread about newfag zoomers afraid of the early stages of the game
>your mid-to-late-game theorycrafting
>relevant
Hahahaha

Redguard drops off fast, deal with it. He already started his character as a Nord anyway. He'll be thankful he went Nord when he starts getting farther into the game. But go ahead and keep parroting a character and skills choice that stops being helpful two hours into a playthrough.

Pacifist user here. In OpenMW if you have a Personality score somewhere along 150-200 (100 base, +25 from lady and then +25 from equipment) almost every NPC will leave you alone outside of very special cases. Anything with a fight score of 90 or lower won't try to kill you because of the maxed disposition. Hell, even with a personality of 20 you could calm the NPC, admire/bribe to 100 disposition, then they'll be peaceful when the effect ends. NPCs with hardcoded 100 Fight will still try to kill you, like Dark Brotherhood assassins or guards you resist arrest from.

Creatures will still be a problem since you can't lower their fight value with disposition. I also wish you could reverse pickpocket damage fatigue CE items like in Oblivion. Right now I'm wondering how far I can get in the main quest or factions with only knocking things out, pick-pocketing and charming my way through the game.

Spear for the quick, long range attacks. Blunt for the enchant potential. Long blade for the most weapon variety.

The real pain in the ass is running draining your fatigue. Unless you powergame, it will be some time until you can enchant CE restore fatigue too.

>The real pain in the ass is running draining your fatigue.
You can buy a cheap and effective restore fatigue spell in Balmora that helps a lot with that.

I forgot to say I usually enchant a ring with restore fatigue and spam it a couple of times whenever I get in a fight. I absolutely spank the game with my enchanting toys. Almost free training and such.

There's a "pacifist" run on youtube where the guy didn't attack at all, but he still got everything killed by the merchant follower.

I recently finished my Artifact-Run where I completed everything you can do in the game at level 1 with only 4 misc skill ups (no alchemy). You kinda have to abuse the mechanics that work for the majority of the time but it's still always fun to see how far you can push Morrowind doing certain out-of-the-ordinary things.
I had to use the console to cheat once unfortunately, because Caius is a faggot and won't give you the "Mission to Vivec" quest unless you're level >=3. IIRC there's no sequence break to avoid this unless you do it without Wraithguard like the speedrunners or go the alternate mainquest by killing Vivec.

Is there a decent house mod I can get or should I just murder some insignificant nerd and take over their home?

Attached: thinking skeletron.png (278x248, 55K)

Wish I didn't pick sneak as a minor skill, this shit sucks.

He said he wanted to play Morrowind
Your 100% more enjoyable altered version isn't Morrowind anymore

Home...

openmw

Attached: 1552376837327.jpg (1920x1080, 524K)

Morrowind Code Patch, Patch for Purists, MGE XE, delay Dark Brotherhood Attacks, texture mods. Those are the only ones you should absolutely need

Well it is the future and you can already play all vanilla content with it. Do you hate being FREE as in FREEDOM?

Attached: 1563057254202.jpg (550x550, 46K)

Sneak needs to be very high level to be useful. Even with the max possible starting bonus it's not enough.
Either find a shop with one guy, toggle sneak, and afk, or pay a trainer.
Also pickpocketing anything of value is literally impossible regardless of sneak skill, so don't bother trying.

just play vanilla, no mods will fix the base experience if you don't enjoy it.

luv vivec
luv balmora
luv netches
luv saltrice
luv kwama eggs
luv morag tong

hate altmer
hate argonians
hate empire
hate azura
hate ashlanders

simple as

OpenMW removes the need to to install any mods besides basic QoL stuff you'll decide if you need or not after playing. Bug fixes are built in. No giant overhaul patches draining your resources for massive godrays, it all just works. No crashes, quick loading screens, modern graphic settings, field of view changer all without fucking with the game's timeless aesthetic.

>load up my old morrowind save the other day (completed the base + expansions on it, have full daedric gear, the ice mace from hercine quest, etc.)
>have no idea what anything does anymore
>alt+f4
Shame coz I just wanted to walk around like I used to.

I remember it being a glorious game though. Fuck installing any add-ons, I I just played with the baldurdash (I think?) thing that fixes typos in dialogues. Then again, it was a LONG time ago.

>oblivion
ahahahhahahhahahaahhahahahahahaha

yes, getting punished (or even prevented from completing the game) for leveling up sounds like fun.... NOPE

Attached: 1544229641831.png (5222x2608, 3.34M)

>I'll die before something this ambitious finishes

Attached: sad guy.png (540x421, 264K)

>that globe
Isn't that horribly inaccurate? Elsweyr is a desert and Argonia is a swamp so I would assume they're closer to the equator.

Not necessarily
Biomes don't appear in straight latitudinal bands due to water and terrain
Also if you know anything about TES cosmology you'll know that Tamriel isn't exactly a planet orbiting a star, nor do we know if it even has a rotation

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Tamriel is north relative to the equator and that at least weather works similarly to IRL on Lorkhan since the northern parts are colder and the southern parts are warmer equatorial climates. Valenwood isn't as warm but obviously as you said the climate isn't strictly based on location

Has Day Night cycle.
You can track moons movement at night.
Pretty sure the rotation mystery is solved.

That's still assuming there even is an equator.

There has to be since Nirn is spherical

Post more tamriel rebuilt/project tamriel maps.

theres a house in balmora with a dead guy who is infinite storage that doesnt reset iirc

pretty funny

I just murdered people and took their houses.
You can also just do one of the great house quests to get your own stronghold + house