Rogue Galaxy: Why do so many people hate it?

I personally throught it was a very good game and it was fun, i loved insectron and leveling up my weapons and the cast was varied and colorful with 2 weapons and such.
The story was alright.

It's definitely a better game than Shit Cloud 2.

Attached: 1.jpg (450x639, 95K)

I played this game and really enjoyed it, but something about it made me drop it halfway through and I never went back. Now when I think back at it, it feels like the whole game was a drag. Maybe I'll give it another shot. I jerked off to lilika so much.

I thought people liked it with the majority of them dropping it after the scene where you go super saiyan to fix a rubik's cube and then playing insectron for ten hours.

I enjoyed it but it didn't grab me like DQ8 did which i think is Level5's best work.

Dark Cloud 2 was just an animal crossing clone anyway.

Rogue Galaxy is an actual game.

One of my faves, I completed the PS4 release, good nostalgia. Didn't bother to go for the platinum though. Mio the sluttiest.

Oh god, i can't express how much i hate Dark Cloud...fuck that stupid the sims minigame and the golf shit i just want to overpower my weapons and kill monsters, thankfully i can do that in RG.

Because the combat gameplay was boring as fuck as was the level design.

It's an issue with Level-5, good game i enjoy first (Dark Cloud, Ni No Kuni) gets runied by shitty gimmicks (Town Building, Familiars and all that crap).

Dark Cloud sucks ass.
Rogue Galaxy is good.

I always stop at the exact place every time I play.
I get the dog. Land on the water planet. and just fucking stop

Rogue Galaxy:
+ Unique Dungeons
+ Unique Characters with it's own weapons
+ Good Story
+ Space theme
+ Good Music
+ Better Spritework
+ Weapon build up system
+ Insectron
+ Glitcheless

Dark Cloud 2:
+ Weapon build up system
- Lame-ass Ridepod
- Spheda Sucks
- "The Sims" minigame annoys the fuck out of me.
- Fishing sucks
- Horrible menu design
- Sprites look pixelated on PS4
- Bad story
- No weapon or character variety
- Literally the same shit over and over
- City Building
- City Building
- City Building
- Too many glitches

Dark Cloud has so many flaws that is disgusting.

Wish people would talk about Shadow Hearts, the actual best ps2 rpgs

I literally stop at the same moment too. What is it about that point in game that makes it so unbearable.

>+ Unique Dungeons
They literally copy paste assets in long ass boring corridors.
Besides the above reason the gameplay was boring and the AI was crap, it had great side content but the main campaign was to much of a bore to give me incentive to play the rest of the game.

fuck off DCfag your animal crossing clone sucks.

meme game

>Only Dark Cloud fans dislike Rouge Galaxy
Based, white and redpilled.

Just reach the point where i landing ship in forest planet. Where i supposed to buy item here?

I got fucked by monsters because i run out of healing item

Kinda amazing that it got re-released for the PS4
Must have had some fan following

Imagine the smell

Attached: 15159625899569.webm (1280x720, 1.24M)

The part where MC goes super saiyan is just too stupid. I finished the game, but never even dared to touch the 100 floor dungeon with a 100ft pole.

It has a lot of problems that drag it down in both the gameplay and narrative.
It's not terrible, but it's not good either.

Attached: 1427201515279.png (288x277, 86K)

Any game that gives me a giant party and then does the "HOPE YOU LEVELD UP EVERYONE AS YOU WENT ALONG CAUSE YOU GOTTA USE EVERYONE FOR THE END SEQUENCE" shit immediately is aids.

The planet environments were fantastic and diverse, the insectron was godlike, the weapon fusion mechanic by giving them to a frog was awesome.
Also those characters were great,

People hate what they've never played.

Like every level 5 RPG the only things it has going for it is decent presentation and a lot of content (not even really good content, just a lot of it). The combat gets old fast due to how simple your moveset is and how little enemies require you to vary things up, the most you get is an enemy you have to shoot a situational gun at and then button mash. The majority of new moves you get are either screen nukes or buffs and you have to pause the game to use them (which is probably the worst way to implement something into an action system). Level design is basic and repetitive enough that you could be forgiven for assuming they just proc-gened it like in Dark Cloud even though they didn't. Story is a bunch of cliches slapped together haphazardly.
The factory and bug minigames are actually really good, but you have to contend with the main game for them so fuck that.

Ptooey!

because it's a bad game

it just takes a while before it goes bad

>encounter rate high enough to drive a man crazy
>late game is just a matter of hoarding MP restoring item and spamming AoE move which is ridiculous
>plot get incredibly stupid after the hero goes literally super saiyan

it looks good, it sounds decent, the rest is trash, dark cloud 2 is a much better game

My only issue what that there wasn't enough weapon variety.

3 characters use guns (Deego, Jaster and Simon)
3 characters use swords (Kisala, Jaster and Zegram)
2 characters use axes (Lilika and Deego)

Making some characters feel samey, they could've given Simon a fire extinctor instead of just another gun for example.

The only unique weapons were:
Spears (Jupis)
Shoes (Kisala)
Throwing Stars (Zegram)
Weapon Box (Jupis)
Bows (Lilika)
Hands (Steve)
Drones (Steve)

I think it might be that you finally get all the characters but they are still choosing your party for you.
At least that is what it was for me.

Dark Cloud is Great
Dark Cloud 2 is good
Rogue Galaxy is shit.

>3 characters use swords (Kisala, Jaster and Zegram)
>2 characters use axes (Lilika and Deego)
Eh, Kisala is more like daggers (and you could argue that Jasper and Zegram use different kinda of swords). Also isn't Lilika's weapon Kukri knives or something?

It really isn't, Dark Cloud is gimmicks over substance.

Rogue Galaxy has an actual focus, story and stuff.

they're the same thing anyway.

Throwing Stars and Weapon Boxes at least are diferent conceptually.

Kukuri knive is just a sword with another name, just like daggers.

Oh fuck off city building drone, go to play the sims or fantasy life.

I think the issue is that Dark Cloud gave us unique weapons for every character and Rogue Galaxy has 3 swords, guns and axe types that's a bit monotome.

I guess Missile Launchers are diferent enough from guns to be it's own category, but man flamethrowers, guns and miniguns are the same thing they should've all used by Jaster.

I liked the randomly generating dungeons more, I didn't give a shit about building towns, I wanted to build better weapons.

Because the characters are shit,
the story is shit,
the combat system is an absolute joke after giant and barrier type enemies get introduced,
and he level design is the most repetitive braindead shit I have EVER seen in a video game.

That's probably why. Good graphics and a nice crafting system can only carry a game so far.

Probably why i like Rogue Galaxy and not Dark Cloud.

Rogue Galaxy dungeons felt like Dark Cloud dungeons honestly, even through i missed the random dungeons i'd rather the game have a focus on the gameplay than pander to buildfags.

What's exactly wrong with Rogue Galaxy dungeons?
I think they were unique enough for a 2005 game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

They're a bit bland compared to Ni No Kuni, Dragon Quest XI's or hell Final Fantasy's XII were more interesting.

Attached: Golden_Grove.jpg (620x350, 60K)

Final Fantasy XII's werre more interesting

They're just as interesting as Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy dungeons.

Tip: PS2 RPG dungeons weren't the best, it's not the game's fault.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 125K)

I like random dungeons, i just think they should make them stand out more, like give the dungeons some decorations for a DC3.

I remember playing this game all the way up to the final boss then giving up because he kept spamming three purple balls hat basically instakilled me.
I couldn't get past that a a kid.
May be I should dust off the PS2 and see if I still have my old save...

God fuck no Dark Cloud 3.

Rogue Galaxy 2 now thats something i'd love.

They were so long and every room and corridor was copy pasted like 40 times. Those twin towers, the ruins you posted and the spaceship factory were an absolute slugfest to get through.

Why do peolpe even want Dark Cloud 3?

The city building was fun, but it wasnt great and honestly there's way better games for that like simcity or animal crossing.

That's because Rogue Galaxy had random generated dungeons and was removed mid-way the game to diferenciate DC and RG more, you guys dont know this?

Yep.

Juraika Jungle, Starship Factory, Rosencaster Prision, Mines, King Cancer Dungeons and the Rosa Ruins are in the code with random generated assets, they probably were to be shorter than DC dungons.

>or hell Final Fantasy's XII
yeah nah fuck off. Rogue Galaxy has verticality.

It was frustratingly 'almost good'. Like it tried to do too much shit. Like special attacks breaking the flow of combat or clunky controls that sacrificed good camera control so it could try and fit more shit in that you didn't need.

i generally like the game but i dont like how every battle turns into a baby sitting simulator.

DC2 dungeons took about 5-10 minutes to clear a floor and you could save and quit in between floors. RG dungeons were massive hours-long slogs.

Why does everyone hate the Gladius Towers?

Would you have rather gothen random dungeons or what? because that's what RG was going to have.

I quit RG long before the end but another compliant I heard was the final battle was massive gauntlet of one-on-one fights with every party member which means you are forced to level everybody up.

dropped it twice at the mining planet two separate times. finally made it through the third time and loved it

never try an smt game game then

Is that a fucking poop sock?

cause its a generic jrpg

Long dungeons with copy/paste rooms

Extremely imbalanced combat. IIRC AoE attacks did like 10x the damage of normal attacks

Main girl had some epic tits though

So like Dark Cloud you fags like so much?

Why the fuck did Level-5 cut the circus dungeon for Dark Cloud 2.

bump

upgrading my weapons in DC 1 felt better for some reason

Is the only part i liked from DC1.

bump

Why is everyone comparing it to DC when the games aren't really even similar, they're just made by the same company. NNK is more like RG than DC is.

pretty cool game, yeah

Attached: lilika2.jpg (850x1050, 129K)