The absolute state of papermariofags

The absolute state of papermariofags.

Attached: cringe.jpg (1280x720, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXUHc0OtqzM
youtu.be/bh8Anq_VRm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The one thing I've started to like about remastering older games is it gives people the chance to show companies they care about a specific game or specific point in a franchise in a way that the publishers /devs understand(money). I was hype for the new Super Monkey Ball game, but when I found out it was a remaster of Banana Blitz, all I could think is I'll never see another true to form Monkeyballz game again because this will sell like shit. OR any future monkey ball games will follow this style if it does well. Maybe that's me trying to make myself fell better about never getting new games anymore, but who knows.

that unofficial Luigi art sticks out like a sore thumb next to the other characters and he doesn't do shit in TTYD, why even include it

I've abandoned any hope of there being anything like 64/TTYD from Nintendo themselves again. Bug Fables seems to be the spiritual sequel, I'll probably just get that when it comes out.

>Papermariofags get their TTYD remakes
>Tfw it has the same paper aesthetics as SS and CS

Attached: 1564187726675.png (733x792, 934K)

>le muppet monster
when will it be legal to hunt down youtubers and setting their houses on fire?

Literally what's wrong with puppets

But why when 64 is objectively better?

Attached: 1547306893892.png (714x960, 915K)

arlo is unironically /ourguy/

What is there even to remaster? It still holds up. Maybe a resolution boost but other than that its unnecessary.

Wouldn't it make more sense to remaster the first one?

>Wouldn't it make more sense to remaster the first one?
They'll remaster TTYD first since it's more popular, just like with pic related.

Attached: cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png (319x291, 155K)

>nintendo fans literally get their news from a sesame street puppet
Fucking lol. Also funny how certain names for nintendo fans are considered spam and unpostable

Superstar Saga was the first in the M&L series and it got a remaster. But they did skip PiT, thank fuck.

Why? Do you really want to play 60 bucks for slightly better textures? Because that's all you can really do graphically for the game
>b-b-but more content
Then it wouldn't be a remaster anymore.

this
TTYD still holds up visually. Theres so little that actually needs to be changed about it besides the output resolution, since its a fucking gamecube game.

>Arlo crossed over with the AVGN to discuss muppets

Attached: 1543356968332.jpg (583x431, 30K)

>not a paper mario 64 remake
i fucking hate arlo and his biases

What the fuck was wrong with Color Splash graphics?

youtube.com/watch?v=lXUHc0OtqzM

link to vid from other thread btw

Attached: repostan.jpg (641x717, 133K)

it's new, so it's soulless! therefore bad!

Why do Paper Mario fans think that Color Splash was born purely out of spite?
It's actually very easy to understand. Intelligent Systems made Sticker Star after getting some advice from Miyamoto, and then they immediately started working on Color Splash taking the existing formula and tweaking it rather than starting from scratch. There was nothing "spiteful" about it they just genuinely thought this was a good idea.
And this was during the era of Nintendo where Iwata wasn't really paying much attention to the opinions of western audiences and cared more about letting the JP devs do their own thing.

Why would it even need a remake? Even the first one aged like wine

Paper Mario Fags developed a weird victim complex after Sticker Star where they think Miyamoto is Satan himself who single handedly ruins any new Paper Mario stuff to spite the fans, it's weird.

I don't even think I'd like it as much in higher resolution. There's a certain charm to 480p games that I kinda like.

Don't forget that Sticker Star is also the best selling Paper Mario game.

they might also change the gameplay while at it

Attached: Rafaknight_rk-1148916838392352774-20190710_062814-img1.jpg (1000x563, 89K)

>wanting a remake instead of a new game that's actually fucking good
>wanting a remake of a game that has aged like wine, and does not need one at all
>wanting a remake that will inevitably be $60 and barely add anything of substance, as Nintendo remakes of the past have usually been
Nah

Attached: 1511500262338.png (1434x1076, 2.9M)

>he doesn't do shit in TTYD
He did go on his own adventure and published a book about it.

Paper Mario fags are the worst, and I say this as a fan of Paper Mario myself. TTYD is not some perfect masterpiece. There's a ton of tedious shit in it and entire chapters that no longer work on a second+ playthrough and only serve as filler (Glitzeville, Excess Express and more for example) 64 is the consistently better game. Yes Sticker Star was bad, its not the end of the fucking universe. Color Splash was a decent game, fuck everyone for making it sound like Nintendo killed their familes by not making TTYD 2.

Attached: 192047385478.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Speak for yourself, I want a new game in the format of the first two titles.

The devs were trying to push the notion that the fans didn't understand what they were doing. Someone can pull the interviews up, fans didn't like Sticker Star and wanted to return to the RPG format. They insisted on building up from Sticker Star with Color Splash and naturally the game flopped. Sticker Star only sold well because it was on the 3DS.

We're at a point now where people are unironically defending Color Splash. I want off this ride.

Attached: 1480145856682.webm (800x450, 2.81M)

But BiS still holds up to this day pretty well, PiT was the one that needed a remaster to fix all of its flaws and make it more inline with the other games

That Mario shrug sprite looks so bad

Arlo has the most obnoxious voice ever

>The devs were trying to push the notion that the fans didn't understand what they were doing. Someone can pull the interviews up
I'm gonna have to stop you there. You can't just pull out some crazy conspiracy bullshit like this and then say "the source exists out there somewhere". That shit doesn't fly around here

It was fine, but if they are going to redo 64 or TTYD, their overall aesthetic would need to stay about where they originally were without the "check it out, EVERYTHING IS HANDYCRAFTS" thing that sticker star and color splash took way too far.
The first 2 games were done like a pop up book, so they should continue looking like a pop-up book, and not suddenly be cut-up-cardboard-box-land filled with characters that were cut out from printer paper.

PiT isn't as bad as everyone memes about and it arguably needed a remake the most

Bobbery's story has more value than everything that happens in Sticker Star and Color Splash.

pretty sure that's actually SPM
which is funny because it's not like the original games or the SS-era ones (although i'm pretty sure it only sold gangbusters because of the wii's install base)

TTYD doesn't even need a fucking remaster. It looks perfectly fine.

Attached: soulless.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

>That shit doesn't fly around here
I haven't laughed this hard at blatant naivete like this for a while, thanks user

Attached: 17c.png (680x337, 125K)

this honestly, all they would really be doing is turning up the resolution on the art

that being said it might have some value as a statement in the small chance nintendo sees its sales as a sign of interest in another game like it

existential shyguy in Color Splash comes close

interesting...

so it's less about technical stuff and more about sending a message

I guess that makes sense. The game still holds up pretty well graphically; a port really wouldn't need to do much at all other than exist

I admit to my mistake as that quote was from Federation Force which was also directed by Tanabe, but I am also going to still call you a faggot for even defending Color Splash. Fourth box from the top; they still intended to go along with it from the start despite the criticism. Literally no one wanted Color Splash. People were excited at the very start because it looked like they were going back to the basics but immediately when they saw the battle system, everyone groaned, knowing what was coming.

Attached: 1509390493527.jpg (4000x3371, 3.71M)

I would, I scratched my TTYD disc. Kill me

God I hate that white outline on characters.

Then just emulate it? Dolphin is amazing and you'll get a better experience than you would from a remaster.

for those who don't get it, nintendo is a japanese company, when miyamoto """suggested""" them making it different from the other ones he wasn't really making a suggestion, he was telling them to change it because he didn't like it.

None of this talks about the opinions of the fans at all. "If you say it's fun, then I want to make another one" is the closest thing to that but even that doesn't imply that they actually looked at western critique of Sticker Star and made their decision based on that. They probably just looked at its sales and went "well obviously people like this, so yeah let's go ahead and make part 2"

Look the reality is they just happened to make a mistake that lasted for a couple games and you want to think there's a big conspiracy against you. You have to accept that user

That's what I said, they didn't even bother to look at the critiques and immediately went to work on Color Splash. The good sales of Sticker Star only encouraged them.
>Conspiracy
Will you fuck off with that? Many fans of Paper Mario want to return to PM or TTYD's system. I literally gave you evidence on how far up their own asses they are with it. Color Splash's flop will keep the series on ice but for so long. Read the damn chart.

But everyone wants that?

This.
It's so easy to still play TTYD still.
Save remakes for games that actually need remaking.

I don't fucking want a remaster, the games hold up perfectly
just a new mainline RPG paper mario instead of Mario + Luigi jump rope minigames

This, Bug Fables has promise - but ultimately it'l end up dissapointing like everything else *cough cough yooka laylee cough cough*

>Every NPC is a different collored toad

>Save remakes for games that actually need remaking
everyone goes on about TTYD but really, 64 needs a remake the most, preferably with an upgraded combat system that takes hints from TTYD

STOP

It would take them more effort to change the NPC's, which is probably why a remaster is more likely than a new game.

Attached: 1466728103569.png (1168x600, 700K)

What we want
>Remasters for games on obscure platforms that you can't easily emulate

What devs want
>Make remasters for games that can be emulated because emulation is stealing a potential sale from them

You'll notice that games that can be emulated more often than not are quickly the ones that get remasters. It happened with PS2 games during the rise of PS2 emulation and is now happening with PS3 emulation

I have read it, nothing in that chart states that the devs were mad about people not liking their game so they doubled down on it out of spite. Everything they said just sounds like they genuinely thought it was a good idea and didn't put too much thought into the opinions of western audiences at the time.

Reminder we will never get a new RPG with unique setting because Mario is now a brand. If anything we might have luck pushing for Paper Luigi instead.

Attached: Make Believe B-Roll - Animal Crossing Switch Paper Mario Pokemon Snap(1).webm (1280x720, 2.09M)

I think you're mistaking me for another user or misinterpreting how Paper Mario fans felt about Color Splash let alone Sticker Star, likely the latter.

>because Mario is now a brand
>now
>mario is a brand now
>now
>now
>now
>nooooooooow
The stupid shit you read on Yea Forums sometimes.

What are you talking about? Dream Team was a few years ago and took place in an entirely different kingdom. Everything since then has been remakes or Paper Jam, in which they played it safe because they didn't know what to do with the paper charaters

64 aged like wine aesthetically and it really doesn't need a remaster. Its style is unique within the Paper Mario franchise and I don't want it homogenized.

How is the Superstar Saga 3DS remake if I've never played the original?

wtf am i watching this looks like shit

well what is the purpose of the chart then if not that? Is it just to hammer down that the devs made a series of mistakes so that people can harass them for it? cuz that just makes it sound like you're really insecure

64s combat is ironically more strategic than TTYDs due to the absolute brokenness of superguarding and the danger mario thing

coming from a TTYDfag

Apparently they standardized several enemy designs.

Those puppet thumbnails gets a visceral reaction from me. I hate it

To show why people don't like Color Splash in full detail. You can like it if you want, but don't try to make the ones who don't like it into something they're not. Everything about Color Splash and Sticker Star was alienating. I brought a 3DS for what would become the latter and I'm now a Monster Hunter fan.

it's mostly an improvement, it fixes a lot of the dumb mistakes that the original had and lets you skip tutorials and rebalanced the enemies and gear so as not to make the game's difficulty so lopsided.

The graphics were the only good part of SS and CS.

>shitting on TTYD while praising Color Trash in the same post
That's it. Out of all my years here, this is the post that broke me.

Attached: 1d56ed493db06154a31465fbd1a2cb4d1524520001_large.png (200x200, 46K)

I will never get over what a retarded excuse it was to cite Club Nintendo as the reason for the story being eliminated.
>Club Nintendo was Japan-only at the time of SPM
>SPM's Japanese sales were so-so at less than a million
>the survey was for those who completed the game
>there's no goddamn way EVERY person in Japan who bought SPM was a part of Club Nintendo, registered SPM, beat the game, AND took the survey
So basically, if this is true, they let a minority of a minority of a minority decide the way the next game would be made. Either way, it's also incredibly scummy to publicly throw your customer loyalty program under the bus for this kind of shit.

I'd be pissed if they remastered this game instead of making a new one. What a waste of resources.

thanks anons

>a hashtag and a change.org petition
This is stupid.

I don't understand remake fags. Why would you want to pay full price for essentially the same game as the one you played 5-15 years ago ; as opposed to getting a brand new GOOD game?

Probably meant Paper Mario is now a brand so you can't get away with doing different stuff with it, which I don't necessarily agree with either.

idk how they would do it with TTYD, but in most cases recently when nintendo has remade games they add some kind of new feature, like the bowser jr. thing in the M&L remakes

also in this case we're not confident at all that the new game would be good if they made one

why not a fucking sequel

It's almost as if this one looks bad and low quality on purpose

>they might also change the gameplay while at it
When has Nintendo ever done that when remaking a game?

For every other series you'd be correct. What you're seeing here is Paper Mario fans that have grieved and come to accept that there will never be a true
sequel to the first games, so they're settling for a remake.

I slightly believed it because of the Wii's install base. Kids playing SPM and the parents new to gaming/Nintendo would look into it more thoroughly, eventually going to the site. I consider that this took place in America and not Japan, but I realize Japan is always the first place they look before anywhere else. For what it's worth, I loved Super Paper Mario because of the presentation, it still felt like Paper Mario with actual writing and charm and not a bunch of paper/craft jokes.

Paper is Mario is fucking boring
Why do people like it so much

Paper Mario? Is that like one of those baby games like Pikmin?

Attached: 8562.png (200x200, 58K)

t. zoomer with goldfish attention span

Attached: bait.gif (307x230, 340K)

>RemasterThousandYearDoor
For what purpose? There was nothing wrong with the original and it runs on like everything.
Just put the virtual console on the Switch already, and don't you dare remaster/remake Paper Mario.

Bowser's Inside Story is so overrated. So many shitty mini-games to control bowser over and over and over. Probably the weakest of the series besides Paper Jam

Nintendo should made a game about this

Hey man TTYD in HD would be great

It never left the GC which was the worst selling Nintendo home console before the Wii U, it deserves more than what it got

It's a lite, inoffensive adventure game with a perfect balance of interactive elements and witty dialogue set against masterful sound design and a brilliant artstyle.
It's the snickerdoodle of video games. You won't get much out of it mentally, but it tickles a part of your brain like nothing else can.

Nah, TTYD already spoils it for you.

And the Wii could play Gamecube games and was the most successful console. You can play TTYD effortlessly on a laptop 10 years ago. Nothing about that changed.

if they add sidequests and interesting npc dialogue it might make up for that

There's a huge problem though. TTYD Luigi can talk. With textboxes and everything.

Attached: 1550569346460.png (500x500, 38K)

TTYD was a mistake for hammering the paper aesthetic and mechanic. Paper Mario was just a silly reference to 2D sprites moving around a 3D world and a reference to the storybook themes. 64's sprite looks so much better than the zombie you play as in TTYD and onward.

Attached: Kirby.jpg (344x344, 11K)

Of course, but that's not really what gets people to play a game

I justvwant more people to appreciate my favorite game of all time. Who knows, maybe Nintendo would look into making games like TTYD again if a remaster sold well

Smash Ultimate

The paper part in the name was NoA's fault because for some reason they didn't want to use "Mario Story" in the west

TTYD makes good use of the concept with its "curses." Unlike SS and CS who abuse "OMG, I am made of paper, LOL".

Attached: that's bait.gif (300x252, 1.63M)

Remaster both, redesign 64 to look like TTYD then give them both the upscaling treatment

>redesign 64 to look like TTYD

Attached: 1399840915133.gif (320x240, 2.28M)

>remastering an old game
>not making a new one in the same style of gameplay

i bet you dont even remember a 3DS remake of luigis mansion happened

Friendly reminder that Miyamoto was 200% correct.
Paper Mario 1 and 2 were wacky romps through the Mario universe with an excuse plot to get you between various locations. Then SPM came along and it was complete garbage. There is literally no reason for that game to have anything to do with the Mario brand.
So Miyamoto told them to fuck off with their Deviantart-tier OC characters and plotlines and bring it back to what made the first games good. Unfortunately IS are hacks so the game ended up shit.

Attached: 1540780949298.png (1024x1232, 293K)

>Glitzeville, Excess Express
>not enjoying the BEST chapters in all of paper mario after 1st playthrough
Holy shit now this is a new low for this board

Being super generous I’m willing to bet they’d put more effort into graphics than this if a remake ever happens

Whats your opinion on Super Paper Mario?
Personally the combat is easy and bland as fuck but at least functional and not a chore to get through unlike the shit in Sticker Star and Color Splash.
The story and characters are amazing though.

Attached: 73976 - artist_migisauce francis game_super_paper_mario streamer_vinny.jpg (1536x2048, 869K)

Played it once over a decade ago. Don't remember shit from it. Not one thing.
Oh wait, I think there's a memory comic. Fuck. Evil Luigi with a cape. There, that's all I have.

Attached: paper mario n64 vs gc.png (970x1300, 921K)

Yeah no thanks. Game still looks great and you know they would sterilize the shit out of it.

The original Paper Mario's backgrounds were so full of SOUL.

Attached: 11634.png (1280x1005, 492K)

Holy shit the definition of SOULLESS, and this comes from someone that didn't believe to the whole soul/solless meme until now

Attached: 154970513384.png (1437x801, 498K)

The aftermath of clamping down on what should pass for a Mario game was disastrous though.
A whole generation of games felt homogenised, given no room to expand or grow.
Paper Mario Sticker Star, multiple NSMB titles, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, etc. They do little or nothing to expand on the world or the cast.

They since relaxed this a bit and realised it's okay to make additions in a game, if they don't work out long-term they can simply not return for future entries. Super Mario Odyssey was daring and it paid off tremendously.

TTYD's artstyle is the most timeless charming thing ever
I have no idea why the fuck people want arts and crafts

Attached: 1549154067246.png (560x582, 230K)

While I accept your point is valid I must invite you to at least consider the incredible money trap involved in indulging such logic. To wit, :If I spend money on y no matter how uninterested or bad it is, the company will know I want X!"

You're right, it does show devs there's potential money in a release, but someone sharp will realise it also might mean: "will buy absolute garbage made poorly because it is related to X and they will think we'll make a remake if they buy it!"

Its so weird how Super almost had a 50:50 divide in the first 2 years after its release.
It took Shitter Shart for people to pedal back.

Attached: dimentio walk.gif (173x215, 104K)

Paper Mario fans are utterly pathetic and refuse to accept anything that isn't a carbon copy of the one game in the series they like.

Miss me yet?

Attached: IMG_5264.jpg (750x1000, 145K)

I'm a fan of Dragon dragoon/Drakengaard/Fucking Cavia and I don't like any of the games.

What is it about Paper Mario that produced the biggest faggots out of all Nintendo fanbases? Even worse than Smash.

love it or hate it
personally i think the gameplay aside from some of the puzzles is severely underwhelming. the character designs and dialogue are just dreadful and the story is strangely grandiose and melodramatic

Metroidfags are worse.

Well to be fair, Miyamoto is pulling a George Lucas, Link’s crossbow training was supposed to be a direct sequel to Zelda: Twilight Princess like with OoT and MM, but Miyamoto meddled in and we instead got Crossbow training, which is the weakest entry in the series.

at least they stay mostly contained in their own fandoms, smash leaks into any other franchise that is in it as well

>5000 people post a hashtag
>"Surely they'll have to remake it now!"

Thanks for reminding me I'm still fucking PISSED about this series.

Attached: 3464377788.jpg (920x613, 49K)

Paper Mario 64, the second best game, will get a remaster before TTYD.

>Get two games with an amazing combination of gameplay and writing
>Super suddenly shits on gameplay but at least keeps the writing
>Last two games fuck up literally everything except for the music
>"why you guys mad lol"

Hey how about instead of hoping for a good Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi, or god forbid you're waiting for Seven Stars Two, why not just move on to wanting a new Mario RPG series? It's not like the paper aesthetics are why we love TTYD.

Attached: 1469808402972.png (1000x781, 206K)

Post yfw your favorite vidya doesn't have a godawful e-celeb dragging it down.

Attached: KlonoYah.png (400x400, 132K)

Fuck I hate TTYD's sprites so much compared to 64s. Mario's head is so fucking BIG and he has that stupid teardrop for a body.

CS is marginaly better than SS. There is a reason why they shelved it.
They'l fuck it up.

This is absolutely what will happen. They'll remake the game and just GUT the soul.

How is he dragging it down at all. If anything Stryder7x is doing harm by turning Paper Mario into the meme glitch game.

How can he drag it down if nintendo already did it themselves?

SPM's areas and plot are what regular Mario should evolve into so that characters such as Wario can do more than catch dust.
The game as is a double edged sword.

Attached: Decno.png (386x650, 153K)

Soulless

>This is what Paper Mario fans look like? What entitled people, I hope their spin off stays dead.
>His shtick is so cringe, I hope the fans aren't like this too.

it just needs better lighting
besides that it looks pretty soulful to me desu

Other than the whole puppet thing, Arlo is pretty harmless. I don't think anyone thinks he's harming anyone's perception of Paper Mario.

You didnt even point out the trash in TTYD, and called some of the highlight chapters filler, why should anyone value your opinion at all?

Who are you quoting?

Attached: 1408830986264.jpg (212x160, 9K)

Why would a muppet look entitled
Do you even know what entitled means

>Fuck every series besides Mario and Pikmin. T. Arlo
>Implying the public knows what that word means either.

ttyd hd already exists though
youtu.be/bh8Anq_VRm4

That's not how you use "t." and that doesn't even answer either question

>They haven't rereleased SMRPG on any platform

RIP

Because that art style is not what Thousand Year Door had.

They did

It was rereleased on Wii, Wii U and the SNES Mini.

>All those obscure enemies and alternate designs of Mario enemies that have been banished to the void so Nintendo can standardize everything
What was her name, bro?

Attached: blue thwomp.png (290x190, 93K)

Swing and a miss

I wish F-Zero had an autist like Arlo at this point. Even fucking Star Fox has "A Fox in Space". As vocal as they are, there's no big name content creator that makes crazt F-Zero related content anywhere.

Scuttlebros.....

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

make it happen, user

Not that Paper Mario didn't make use of the paper thing, like when Mario fell down in Goomba village, then cuts to him slowly floating down like paper. There were a couple good visual gags.

Serious question, why remaster a game that still looks good today?I get people might wanna play it on the go, but still.

Now trending worldwide.

Attached: 1564255289184.png (1876x928, 132K)

Means shit all
Why? See:
>nationalnewjerseyday

Yeah he's really dragging this shit down. This is fucking embarrassing. I would be humiliated to be associated with this guy.

Attached: ericS.png (737x410, 47K)

It's just a way to let Nintendo know that there are people interested in the game. The original is a bit expensive to get. It is explained in the video:

Not an enemy but I'm worried that the sterilization process is slowly taking over Yoshi just like in the main Mario games hence Color Splash's more awkward and shrunken body, bigger head, and the removal of his legs.

Attached: tumblr_oetrloaRIo1qgsvs8o1_1280.png (800x800, 328K)

>original Paper Marios
>just employed a flat art style to convey the world,not even called paper mario in Japan.
>nu paper mario
everything is literally paper

Yoshi still has legs in every single game you idiot. That is paper yoshi and is an artistic choice.

The Paper Mario series isn’t called Paper Mario in Japan?

God, people are already using this shit to talk about trans people

Attached: Viv.png (500x500, 58K)

SMITTY

Attached: 139206709666.jpg (499x499, 34K)

>remaster thousand year door
man seriously?

save fucking demon's souls

The original wasn't (mario story), but ttyd was and also has those wacky origami transformations

It is not a game that needs remastering, it already looks great.

That said, Nintendo are legit retarded for not selling their old games. Only reason I can think of is that the NES and SNES Classic proved more profitable than console ports so they plan to keep remaking the hardware.

Gitaroo Man is safe.

The first one was just "Mario Story" since it was a pop-up book. TTYD was originally called Mario Story 2, but apparently released as "Paper Mario RPG," and from there the names were basically standardized, beyond "Sticker Star" being "Super Seal" instead.

>Your favorite game in the series unintentionally led to a cascading effect to its downfall.
Fuck. I thought the origami stuff in TTYD was fun because it was always called 'Paper' Mario but let us to this arts and crafts shit. Id rather have just more storybook like mechanics then.

Why the fuck do you people say soul in all caps? Just say it normally, retard.

traps are not the same as trans