Ranked games

>wanna play ranked
>expecting people to be on your level
>expect nice balanced matches where no one stomps another player

Reality:
>maybe 2 out of 5 players know the basics of the game
>other people get carried
>since good players carry bad players you'll always have bad players that got carried in your team
>smurfs or "ranked plvl services" fuck the whole balance up as well
>hackers
>if you want to have an impact on the game you have to motivate people, make calls and be a psychologist so they dont throw or quit
>if it is a 1vs1 game like a card game it literally rock-paper-scissors, do you get the right cards? do you have the meta deck that counters the opponent?

Is there ANY game where the ranked system acutally works?

Attached: 1563619318523.png (398x395, 200K)

The game isn't that good but League's ranked system is fine enough.

All the trash and toxic cocksuckers are stuck in the same elo hell forever while people who are actually good can move up tiers.

Boosting doesn't really work that well in League and it would be too much of a hassle.

Attached: 52764763_625679794553482_6020602764123122323_n.jpg (1080x1080, 47K)

what the actual fuck are you talking about, league is an awful game full of terrible players at every level of ranked

I did not say the game was good did I?
But it does get better at much higher elo, unless, oh don't tell me, YOU ARE THE HIGHEST RANK IN LEAGUE??

Didn't think so, shut the fuck up retard.

Ranked is an extremely hard problem to solve, the amount of variables you have to properly track and calculate to properly place people where they need to go is very difficult.
Especially if you're playing a game that has a supp role like a moba. Good supps most of the time, win-lose on their micro plays, along with whether the ADC/whoever follows up or not. It's pretty difficult to track and determine when that even happens. Especially if you get a shitty ADC who refuses to fight or follow good plays. What about when you get a gank, how do you track where and what the supp should do in that situation? So unless you have the money to throw at hiring hundreds of people to watch thousands of matches and hand-rank every person. It's a pretty impossible problem unless you have a whole R&D team dedicated to developing a ML cluster to properly analyze matches. That's why ranked is pretty awful most of the time, because a lot of corners have to be cut. Until you get to the 1% where all the pros are.

>Boosting doesn't really work that well in League and it would be too much of a hassle.
I could get you to gold withing 40-50 games from bronze easily.
Plat might take a little longer.

Supps win or lose the bot lane in LoL though.
You ADC is pretty much a non factor until 30min into the game now.

That's also an issue of keeping track of a shifting meta.
How do you determine if the supp is doing good or not then?
By how many kills/deaths you both?
Or who gets tower first?
What if a huge 4 man rotation happens and they steamroll through your tower?
Granted i was more talking about Smite, as i don't play league, but i've watched enough to get the gist..
What mobas need to do, is properly give players incentives to properly rate each player in the matches, but even that has its own set of problems. Such as your team steamrolling 3/4ths of the match, then someone fucks up, and you lose the fight and the game off that, and then everyone just downvotes everyone else out of spite.
Honestly modern mobas need to be made by ex-moba players who understand all the nuances with everything.

Fighting games. Stop playing team based trash.

fighting games have their problems too.
which ones penalize rage quitters?

Tekken.

shit, maybe i should actually install it now that its wine problems are sorted.

League is poison of the mind. Do you notice how people self destruct in league; especially top laners? It's such a bad game these days too, you either stomp or get stomped. Stop playing while you can, nobody wants to rely on strangers. Mobas also wreck your hands from the insane amount of clicking you'll do for just movement.

Attached: Cutesexyrobutts-691254-poppy_in_chun-li_outfit.png (1000x1550, 1.35M)

install smite

High silver/ low gold was somehow filled with worse people than the bronzies last time I played. Mid plat people were pretty decent though.

I wonder how many people will quit next year since it got harder to climb to gold for your welfare skin.

install my dick in your boipussy

Usually it works, but people tend to believe they are better than what they actually are, and blame their losses on other factors while taking credit for victories. If I win, it's because I was good. If I lose, it's because I was unlucky/had bad teammates/the game rigged me to lose. If you can't rank up, it's because you're bad.

>If you can't rank up, it's because you're bad.
I always hear people say this, and it seems like you just have good luck in who you q with. I'm not saying you're wrong, but the
>lmao just keep playing
only goes so far when your games are filled with LATAM trash fucking up every game for you.

Your teammates and the opponents are equally likely to be good and equally likely to be bad. While it is possible to be unlucky in the short term, in the long run the luck balances out. This is a mathematical fact.

>it's a 50/50
>but it's actually not because it's somehow still skewed in your favor
>even though it's not
???????

This is simply not true.
I carried teams alone by myself to gold easily, I had winning sprees of 20 games in silver to gold.

Also had a low elo account where I tried to get as low as I could going 1/18 for maximum feed and guess what? I still won half the games with feeding that much.
I seriously think the game is in fact rigged and you are much more likely to get leavers or feeders if you win a lot so you get the forced 50% win ratio.

This used to be true, now League is so fragile 1 retard can throw the game for you. Look at top level players doing "Race to Challenger in X hours" they'll get some idiot in gold that makes the match impossible for them. League isn't how it used to be.

just git gud or play with friends

starcraft 2

Splatoon is absolutely infuriating for this.
Who thought it would be sensible to have a ranking system based entirely on wins/losses when there are plenty of other metrics to go off

Attached: 1537778498732.gif (315x174, 1.35M)

No. This is why lobby system is infinitely superior.

Name 1 game where rank is based on skill rather than time played.

good players in fighting games can steamroll right on up through the people that barely rank up due to sheer bruteforce.

starcraft 2

>Boosting doesn't really work that well in League and it would be too much of a hassle.
What are you talking about you turbo double nigger. It is so easy to boost in this game and I would fucking know because I boost people to plat all the time for 10 dollars per won game as Yi.

Last time I played X was full of people who thought they were god's gift to Splatoon and they'd throw matches if anything didn't go their way.

Attached: 1540854066326.gif (434x434, 60K)

What's so hard to understand?

If you belong in a higher rank than what you currently are, the games, on average, are skewed in your favor. This is because, on average, your teammates as well as the opposing team are worse than you, so your team should have the advantage. Obviously you're not going to win every match because it's random to a degree, but we're talking about averages here.

And it's equally likely that a retard will throw the game for the opposing team. Actually it's more likely because I'm assuming you're not the retard, so they have more retard candidates.

>he managed to get into X
I just lost interest after being unable to skip into B for two modes. Slowly climbing up C is one of the most hellish things I've ever done in a game. Whether or not a match was won was a coin flip and I'd get anywhere between 0 and 12 kills.

Attached: 1468034741908.gif (451x322, 736K)

>Play ranked in high elo after not playing the game for years
>Get horribly shit on
>It doesn't fucking matter because your team has won either way

90% of my CSGO matches on faceit or esea are usually pretty great, avoid matchmaking like the plague though

The problem with league is that they made it pretty much impossible to Solo Carry. In previous Seasons you can get really fed and snowball a single game, so even if your teammates were completely dipshitz, you could carry the entire game by yourself if you were good enough. Then they decided that you need your team and that Solo Carry lifestyle was considered unhealthy to the game. I remember using akali and Katarina way back in season 2 to season 3 to carry myself to platinum, now I can get 12 and 3 in lane and still be considered just barely more useful than the dipshitz that have been feeding, because I can't Solo Carry as an assassin anymore unless if their team is fukken stupid and separates from their team. You can't really Solo Carry with any role or Champion anymore. It makes the game quite irritating when you have stupid teammates.