Just got both of these at a flea market for a low price. What am I in for?

Just got both of these at a flea market for a low price. What am I in for?

Attached: twewy ct.jpg (1315x582, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

khinsider.com/news/Creator-s-Voice-Videos-and-Interview-843
khinsider.com/the-world-ends-with-you/interviews/square-enix-members-creators-roundtable-part-2
youtu.be/_9BBDBuiTaE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Two genuinely great games.

The most overrated JRPGs of all time.

eh, they're okay

Two good games. HAVE FUN, NEKU!

I pirated Chrono Trigger DS a way back and couldn't put it down. It's really good

Two very different experiences from each other. Not a bad thing, though.

Both very good RPGs by all accounts. If you really don't know anything about either of them, you got really lucky

Some of the most fun I’ve ever had with JRPGs. Played them back to back and couldn’t put either one down.

>I have nothing to actually say, but felt like being a contrarian faggot anyways.

Get a load of this hectopascal.

Based
Cringe

Nah, they’re great.

Attached: bait.png (343x531, 12K)

These are two of the only JRPGs I’ve ever actually liked.

let's go on this journey together user

Attached: Screenshot01.jpg (939x442, 118K)

TWEWY is fucking shit and anyone who likes it is a virgin who's into tranny sex

Don’t let contrarians tell you otherwise. TWEWY and Chrono Trigger are two genuinely well-made games and I had an absolute blast playing both of them to completion.
Cool story, bro.

Two very different takes on a genre that both excel in their chosen areas.

Both beautiful games.

love CT but TWEWY is not a good game imo, and the main character is such a douche

>TWEWY is absolute reddit shi-

Attached: God Tier TWEWY Combat.webm (320x180, 1.44M)

Two great games. Have fun playing both, user!
>main character is a douche
You do realize that he gets better, right? Like, way better.

Two of the best JRPGs of all time, CT being good because it perfects the classic formula and TWEWY being good because it redefines everything about the genre.
Enjoy yourself and don't be afraid to let the AI control the top screen in TWEWY until you learn the ropes. Just control whoever has the puck. Whenever top screen has the puck draw circles on the bottom screen so Neku isn't taking damage.

Attached: kamina.jpg (859x717, 94K)

Man, I seriously need to replay this game again. The pin system was a ton of fun. What were some of your favorite pin combinations, bros?

Attached: twewy pins.jpg (512x506, 65K)

>what is character development?

>on day 2 of week 3 on Switch, started enjoying it again once I picked up solo co-op
>not sure if I should keep going on here or go back to the DS version
wat do anons

>we’re never gonna get games as cohesive and passionate as CT and TWEWY from modern Square ever again
How does that make you feel, Yea Forums?

S-SOMETIMES I NEED SOMEONE TO HOLD ME TIGHT

Over the Top and three Apport pins. Made for a lot of fun.

Blue Blood Burns Blue
I liked dashing to either side of the screen and burning enemies while concentrating on the top screen. Got hard when you had to worry about shit like Taboo Kangaroos and needle spam from Hedgehogs though since it locks you into place.

TWEWY has some of the most fun I’ve ever had with ARPG combat and Chrono Trigger actually made ATB engaging to me. So yeah, you’re definitely in for a good timeS

TWEWY is an absolute God-tier game, anyone that disagrees is a game journalist that needs to git gud.

The amount of customization you can do in TWEWY and the variety of the tech system in Chrono Trigger was great to have. Made for some fun times.

Attached: x-strike.gif (512x384, 649K)

The X-strike is still one of the coolest moves in vidya to me.

DOUBLE
LIGHTNING
ROOK

shit opinion

honestly you made some good buys and are in for a pretty based time

My nigga.

Attached: neku lightning rook.png (1200x467, 545K)

lol, what price? those games are very expensive because of some types of autistic people like metal jesus

I once got the GBA rom of Mother 3 at a convention for, like, 10 bucks.

Ah, a man of culture as well, I see.

>TWEWY and CT thread
>most people here agree that both games are very good with little to no contrarian shitposting
What form of sorcery is this?

Both games have a ton of passion and thought put into them. It’s not hard to appreciate that kind of care.

Attached: chrono trigger art 1.jpg (750x470, 145K)

The not being a contrarian faggot kind.

you get more (You)s shitposting about trending games

The based kind

TIME

Should I play CT on the Snes or the ds?

I WON’T EVER GIVE IN

>Buying second hand games that you could just download.
you moron.

NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU PULL ME IN

Which port is the best way to play TWEWY?

They're both fine, it's really just a matter of preference
If you own a DS then I guess on that since it does look nice on a pixel perfect screen

> the duality of man

Two good games user but I would strongly recommend if you're playing DS games you pick up Dragon Quest 5 the greatest RPG of all time

Attached: tumblr_p4flhbrMKW1qlh9h7o1_400.gif (400x250, 190K)

Original DS version. If not, the Switch port is also a decent alternative since it has new context. Gameplay is more casualized compared to the DS version, though.

>Persona 5
>FFVI

What about the steam version?

I wish DQV would get a Steam port with a turbo mode. Having a turbo mode in Trails in the Sky's port made going through that game so much easier.

Been meaning to get into that. How is it?

Why are you so contrarian?

I played through the Steam version recently and it was perfectly fine. Heard it was fucking terrible on release but it seems like most of the problems have been fixed.

Good taste. CT is more polished and well rounded but DQV tells one of the best stories in the genre, precisely because of how intimate and personal it is.
Most games give you a character with a bunch of back story for you to learn, but DQV starts at your birth and goes all the way to you having a family of your own. Its really touching.

No
I hear it's better now but at that point you may as well just emulate the SNES version

Two damaged fanbses of passion projects that got teased over and over only to get nothing in return by Squeenix? We've bonded through disappointment.

Fpbp

I’m still mad.

Attached: twewy countdown.png (899x565, 351K)

spbp

I will never not be mad. God damnit, Squeenix!

t.contrarian faggot

This was godawful

I KNOW GRAVITY AIN’T AN EXCUSE

I JUST WANNA MAKE THINGS A LITTLE MORE SMOOTH

Good choice, TWEWY especially.

Haven’t played FFVI yet but I have finished P5 and while I thought it was decent, the pacing in it was godawful. Makes me appreciate CT’s and TWEWY’s pacing even more.

I always used as many shockwave pins as possible, especially the ones that let you perform an uppercut were really cool. The one that make your dash deal damage were useful too.

based
cringe retard sheep

Based and Pegasopilled.

>POPULAR AUTOMATICALLY MEANS BAD
You’re a real charmer, aren’t ya?

just emulate.

>emulating TWEWY
That’s just asking for pain

>defending yourself by pretending to be someone else

MAJORITY IS STILL ASLEEP

I tried to emulate TWEWY. It is doable to a point but your wrist will die faster than you can say Mr. Mew.

Correct for Chrono Trigger, TWEWY is good though

>tons of replay value
>likable characters
>great music that appeal to different tastes
>fun gameplay
>incredibly well-detailed and thought out
>art that still holds up
The two games I wish I can play through blind for the first tine again.

This.

Who are the best boys and best girls in both games?

this
They both really fucking changed how I thought about JRPGs and JRPG combat

>TWEWY
Joshua
Uzuki
>Chrono Trigger
Magus
Lucca

Neku and Shiki, Frog and Ayla.

>TWEWY
Sho and Shiki
>Chrono Trigger
Frog and Lucca

Full JoTM set. It was a ton of fun to just style on Noise for days.

THEY’RE TIRED OF THOSE DREADFUL DREAMS

>Sho
Based and zettapilled

Based as fuck.

Considering what modern Square is like nowadays, I’d be more than happy if Squeenix just left these games the fuck alone.

NOW LET ME SHOUT AND WAKE YOU UP

LET ME WAKE YOU UP

Because that's what gets the (You)s

As someone who thinks that Nomura is a huge hack, TWEWY is one of my favorite games of all time and Chrono Trigger holds up incredibly well. You’re in for a treat, user.

The World Ends With (You)

>TWEWY
Beat and Konishi
>Chrono Trigger
Robo and Lucca

WHEN THE SUNSET DYES THE SKY SO BRIGHT, SHE FREAKS ME OUT WITH HER SECRET SMILE

STARS ABOVE START TO SHINE

Reminder that Nomura just made the character design for TWEWY and wanted the game to be done on the PSP. Nomura, never ever.

Why would you want to play those outdated games when you can be playing the GOAT JRPG instead?

Attached: p5.jpg (800x800, 128K)

Get a load of this hectopascal.

Because P5 is shit compared to both CT and TWEWY.

>TWEWY
Good music, bad game.

>Chrono Trigger
Good everything, a classic.

>Persona 5

Attached: IMG_5717.png (449x401, 490K)

>bad game
But TWEWY is good, though.

>TWEWY and Chrono Trigger
>outdated
Played both of these games for the first time a few years back and they still hold the fuck up.

At least Chrono Trigger got a ""sequel"""

Why are P5fags like this?

FATLUS knows their target audience.

Persona 5 is style over substance. TWEWY and CT both have style AND substance. Huge difference.

With the best waifu of all time. Too bad the japanese have bad taste and didn't even put her in the Dragon Quest musou, but put in generic princess girl and childhood tofu block.

Attached: 1445914969213.jpg (500x654, 324K)

How fun is the monster stuff? I might get DS for my first ever playthrough of CT

That’s wrong, though. He was the one who pushed for the game to take full advantage of the DS hardware.
>Working on the title now, the experience of making the DS title It's a Wonderful World that released last year was very helpful. It's a Wonderful World from the planning stages aimed to make use of the DS's features, it became a game that utilized the functions of both screens and the touch panel only the DS has, where you could carry out a battle that was simultaneously different on the top and bottom screens. I personally researched the DS while developing It's a Wonderful World, wondering what to do to make Kingdom Hearts work on the DS. As a result, I felt the best response would be to bring the action elements natural to the Kingdom Hearts series to the DS, a reverse idea to the new directions that It's a Wonderful World took to when adjusting to the DS, furthermore I had confidence that it could be powered up and new elements could be implemented.
>As a matter of fact, I tried to make the title of It's a Wonderful World only numbers, but because it was a new series, I gave up the number title since I feared it people wouldn't remember it.
khinsider.com/news/Creator-s-Voice-Videos-and-Interview-843

>Kando: In the beginning the three of us kept sending game ideas and were in arguments about it.
>Arakawa: Right. I remember being chewed out by Mr. Nomura. He’d say “No, we could do this on the PSP,” or something like that. The hurdle was really high from the get-go, because we set out to create “a game that can only be played on the DS.”
khinsider.com/the-world-ends-with-you/interviews/square-enix-members-creators-roundtable-part-2

A fantastic ol' time.

Oh, I remembered wrong then. I stand as corrected.

When a man is told this consistently, this reaction is inevitable.
Please dont hype up games like that

the kpop fans of video games

FOR MILES AND MILES, I WONDER WHY?

That actually explains a lot.

You know, sometimes Nomura can be a genuinely competent director and producer. I just feel like he needs someone to rein him in at times.

You'd be right if the post was "THE TWO BEST FUCKING JRPGS EVER MADE" but if literally calling something great and nothing else is overhyping I'd love to hear how you'd describe things you like.

Attached: pig.jpg (157x157, 18K)

Buzzwords are not a personality trait

>I tried to make the title of It's a Wonderful World only numbers, but because it was a new series, I gave up the number title since I feared it people wouldn't remember it.
What did he mean by this

Either that or more time to work on his projects. The man still isn’t over the shitstorm that was XV.

>Ayla
Great taste

Attached: ayla.jpg (907x1138, 558K)

>ywn have hot, sweaty, caveman sex with Ayla

Attached: WHAT THE HELL.jpg (463x348, 57K)

Why even live?

Attached: ayla leap.jpg (1000x707, 166K)

IS THIS A CURSE OR JUST A HARSH LONG WINDING RIVER WHERE THOSE FLOWERS FLOAT?

Hey bros, you slamming?

Attached: shout.png (354x406, 31K)

UNREAL, BRO

Tin Pin Slammer is the GOAT minigame. Just try to change my mind.

Attached: tinpin.png (256x384, 21K)

One really good unique jrpg, and another mediocre overhyped jrpg but it still isn't terrible.

>a surprising amount of depth with tons of pins having different attributes to them
>incredibly fast-paced
>fun as fuck
Why would I, you’re right.

TOTALLY GNARLY

>we wanted the 358/2 Days audience

>it’s the 12th anniversary of TWEWY in Japan
Christ, I feel old.

>ywn play TWEWY for the the first time again
>ywn discover all of the insane ass plot twists and turns again
>ywn fight Sho on the rooftop and drop the moon on his ass again
>ywn fight Uzuki and Kariya on Level 1 Ultimate again
>ywn discover the Darklit Planet set for the first time again
I want to go back.

Attached: [j-pop stops].jpg (1455x1003, 140K)

t.zetta slow faggot

Attached: give me all your love.png (495x435, 101K)

Fucking kek.

The definitive version of both games, great music, amazing spritework, amusing character interaction, plenty to do post-game as well. RIP SQUARESOFT

Attached: 1349976410127.png (333x333, 13K)

Remember guys, find a Shiki gf that whisper Give me All Your Love lyrics into your ears. In that moment you will know you have found the right one. Man, that song is so lewd.

I’m legitimately curious to find out how they even got that song past the radar.

>amazing spritework
This. I really dug the effects in both games, especially in battle. I particularly like how the attacks even resemble graffiti in TWEWY.

Attached: twewy ice risers.png (232x184, 82K)

We may never know, but it was probably the T rating and someone was tired when they were checking. Besides, it might have been composed to sound sexy, buy ended up being lewd as hell.

>TWEWY
Neku and Rhyme
>Chrono Trigger
Frog and Lucca

Attached: lucca.jpg (591x800, 322K)

Never played Chrono Cross. What’s the deal with that and why is it so controversial among the fanbase?

Who did you guys pick for your teams? For me, it was Chrono, Frog, and Lucca.

Attached: ct party members.jpg (1024x896, 538K)

Ayla, Marle, and Frog.

>a TWEWY and Chrono Trigger thread I’m actually okay with this.
Sweet Talk Tether, Excalibur, and Ice Risers were great for juggling Noise in the air for days.
Crono, Robo, and Ayla just for the aesthetic of having three different people across different eras just beating the crap out of monsters.

I KNOW YOU CAN STOP IT’S FLOW ON A WHIM SO I HAVE LEARNED TO SWIM

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP, I CAN’T GIVE UP ON YOU

I prefer the SNES version, probably just because I grew up with it

The translation is wrong but it has more SOUL

crono frog ayla always seemed OP to me

Did anyone actually use Magus?

This was the fucking worst.

>implying I didn’t
Heroes teaming up with the villain to take on a greater threat will alway be a kino trope.

Attached: then let me die.png (349x416, 78K)

BEFORE THE TIME IS UP, I’LL LEAVE ALL MY REGRETS

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BETWEEN THE LINES AND LINES, I AM LOST AGAIN

CT is definetly overrated, despite being very good. TWEWY deserves every bit of praise it gets, however.

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP, I’LL NEVER GIVE THIS UP

>even the sun has Vegeta’s face
Based

Is the DS version of Chrono Trigger legitimately worth playing over the SNES version? What are the pros and cons of both?

WHY YOU WANT TO TIE ME UP?

DS version has an updated translation, which is controversial to some, the PlayStation port cutscenes, and extra content that help ties to Chrono Cross, but that also remains controversial. Overall, I’d say pick either or.

what about the Steam release (after they fixed the crap visuals)? does it have all the DS content?

It’s based on the DS release but is buggier, cut out the monster raising game, and has a much less appealing UI.

welp, back to the DS version again I guess

Attached: Future Trunks timeline.jpg (1280x1024, 1.26M)

Man, the artwork for the game was cool as fuck to see.

SELECT YOUR CHARACTER

Attached: shopkeepers.png (1904x5396, 1.61M)

Pharmacist lady

Princess K a best.

HAY
IRASSHAI

Based coffee angel himself.

Attached: BUY GATITO.png (512x384, 23K)

Imagine being so pathetic that you deliberately be contrarian for the sake of being different. Yea Forums literally named Chrono Trigger the 6th best game of all time this year

Based Neku.

Attached: cooler protag.jpg (866x505, 109K)

GET OUT OF MY WAY, CAUSE I’M ON MY WAY

This cutie.

Attached: burger grill.jpg (640x432, 116K)

>burger grill

Attached: man of culture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

soulless

soul

Attached: 190726unhappy_meal.png (585x350, 70K)

Soul
Soulless
Faggot

W-what’s Shiki gonna do to her, bros?

Attached: neku and burger grill.jpg (618x589, 69K)

I DON’T CARE ABOUT IMAGINARY BOUNDARIES

QUICK

What is your go-to Chrono trio?

If your party doesn’t consist of Crono, Frog, and Lucca, then you are dead to me.

Frog, Robo, and Lucca.

>God tier
Ayla, Marle, Frog
>Great tier
Crono, Ayla, Marle
>good tier
Magus, Crono, Marle
>ok tier
Lucca, Crono, Marle
>bad tier
Lucca, Robo, Magus

Get in a threesome with her and Neku?

Hot.

BUT SOMEHOW, I’M AFRAID TO GO OVER THEM

What a cutie

the duality of man...

Indeed.

Attached: burger grill 2.jpg (640x428, 110K)

One of the best JRPGs ever made and a decent port though some of the music is kind of fucked and the translation is neither very accurate nor as memorable as the original

COVER UP ALL THE SCARS AND MEMORIES

CREATIVITY IS ALL THAT I’VE GOT

NOW LET ME SHOUT AND WAKE YOU UP

LET ME WAKE YOU UP

Two excellent passion projects from Square.

WHEN THE FIREFLIES DANCE ON A NEW MOON NIGHT, SHE TEMPTS ME WITH HER GLISTENING EYES

>all of this love for TWEWY and CT
Alright Yea Forums, I guess you’re still cool.

Fpbp

THE SKY ABOVE CHANGES ITS COLOR

TWEWY is one of the only games I would ever say is a great DS game, because it makes full use of every facet of the DS, even that shitty god damned microphone.

chrono trigger has some extra content on DS but generally it's worse than just playing the SNES version with some mods. The extra content isn't particularly challenging, nor is it fun.

Chrono Trigger is a masterpiece, we had 150,000 votes from this board & Chrono Trigger ranked in the top 10

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-27 All Our Ideas - Bringing survey research into the digital age.png (1306x1513, 87K)

I'm kind of disappointed the Switch is basically just a vanilla handheld and that we won't ever see anymore clever gimmicks for a while, even if it came at the cost of all the games that did gimmicks horribly.
The Joy-cons have potential but literally nothing interesting's been done with them outside 1-2 Switch and ARMS. Nintendo needs to make Smooth Moves-tier WarioWare again.

SNES version with the "Bugfix and Uncensoring" patch > DS version
>flavor of the Woolsey translation, but fixes it up to be more accurate where it needs it
>screen res isn't shrunk

FROM DAWN TILL DUSK, I WONDER WHY

Why is Castlevania so high when Super Metroid is literally better in every way?

This takes me back. I remember buying both of these at the same time at Circuit City right before they shut down. These are still the definitive versions of both games.

IS THIS A CURSE OR JUST A HARSH ANSWER?

AM I FLOATING ON A CLOUD WITHOUT WINGS?

ALL OF A SUDDEN THE END MIGHT COME SO I DON’T ACT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE

>Nier Automata on that list
Is it really that good?

Chrono Trigger DS has three major content additions.

>A monster raising/battling arena available from the very beginning.
Very mediocre and isn't worth your time. You can get a handle of items that can't be farmed in the main game but it isn't worth it.
Most notably though, it grants access to an accessory that makes a low-level no EXP run of the game possible.

>Lost Sanctum
An end-game bonus dungeon, but it's notorious for being very badly structured, repetitive, and tedious. It's one huge ass linear hallway that you keep going back and forth on.
The only good thing you will get out of the Lost Sanctum is an item called a Haste Helm, normally you can only get two in Chrono Trigger but this lets you get a third. You don't need to finish the Lost Sanctum to get it either.

>Dimensional Sanctum
A post-game bonus dungeon, with a new secret final boss. Unlike the Lost Sanctum though, this one is actually worth playing as it is by no means repetitive or tedious.

Two genuine garbage games
You should be playing something better like Final Fantasy or Devil May Cry

Attached: 435949FF-1937-4088-AF25-2B89F2EF7F15.jpg (132x249, 5K)

two square's best games from different era's that are very worth playing.

>Final Fantasy
Stopped reading right there

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP, I CAN’T GIVE UP ON YOU

BEFORE THE TIME IS UP, I’LL LEAVE ALL MY REGRETS

Just beat it yesterday with Sweet Talk Tether, Angel Magnum, Casual Pendulum, Innocence Beam, Crackle Pop Barrier and Healing Whale. It let me lay down waves of destruction then turtle up and focus on the top screen while all my pins rebooted.

It was good enough to build the entirety of Another Day's main plot around, of course you're correct.

If I'm a fan of FF and loved TWEWY, will I like Chrono Trigger?

Eh, it's a good game, maybe even great, but it's a bit overrated. I know this makes me sound super contrarian but I honestly prefer the original Nier.

The Natural Puppy store clerk is underrated. Just look at that smile and tell me she's not precious.

There really isn't any correlation between TWEWY and Chrono Trigger besides being Square, but probably. CT is more SNES FF than anything.

A good game with terrible voice acting and a downgraded version of a SNES classic.

(you)

>TWEWY
>terrible voice acting
It has some of the most kino battle dialogue in any game ever.

If only modern Square had the passion that produced these games. Imagine if they got a small team together that's separate from all their big-budget projects like FF7 Remake and just had that team make original stuff. I don't want being a Square fan to suck as much as it does.

>not liking FOLLOW MY LEAD, SCREW THAT

Depends on how much you like the ATB system. I find it fun as fuck in CT.

WHERE DID WE MEET BEFORE JUST LIKE THIS?

I KNOW YOUR SMILE, YOUR VOICE, JUST LIKE THAT

YOU TALK TO ME AND I SMILE RIGHT BACK

Until recently I had no idea that on Hard Shiki gains an additional kind of ESP card and the first three finishers you see on her combo map can sometimes have two of the same card. It totally changes up how she works. Are Beat and Joshua changed in a similar manner?

Hmm, didn’t even know that. Might have to check that out.

I DON’T BELIEVE IN FANTASY

PICK IT UP, PHONES

I’M THERE

SAME DRESS, SAME SMELL REMINDS ME

Marle not using fire magic like the cover suggests

>We will never have a fourth week with Rhyme
We don't even know how she fought, for fuck's sake.

SOMETHING I CAN’T FORGET

SAME SONG, SAME TONE IN YOUR VOICE

Soul and more soul.

She fights by dying.

I'm sorry. I'm a terrible person. I will se myself out.

TELL ME THIS ISN’T A DREAM

The world ends with you is the best DS game, and Chrono Trigger is normie core shit that people only enjoy out of nostalgia and because it reminds them of DBZ.

I dunno man. I played it and TWEWY for the first time a few years back and had an absolute blast with both.

TAKE ME FAR WHERE THE STARS ARE STILL ASLEEP

YOU AND ME, WE’LL LIVE FOREVERMORE

I WILL FOLLOW YOU MY DESTINY

I'M GETTING PLAYED BY YOU

DEJA VU

DANCE. COME ON DANCE

Best remix
youtu.be/_9BBDBuiTaE

WHY, OH WHY DO THEY LAUGH SO MUCH.
ALL THE TIME

We’re never gonna get games like these from modern Square ever again, are we?

Given the record and how modern Square is we should be grateful for that.

I mean in terms in how both games came out incredibly well-made and cohesive and have next to no drawbacks to fully enjoy (see FFXV and the whole DLC shit and what not)

OH, WHAT I HAVE HERE DON’T YOU TOUCH.

Well, those are different scopes. FFXV was meant to be a grand saga and ended up being something that became to big for Square to handle, and that's how we ended up with the final product that is that game and the whole DLC fiasco. TWEWY was an attempt to be innovative and had a lot of passionate people behind it, and more importantly was meant to be just the DS game, just the cartridge and that was it.

THIS IS MINE

I HAVE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

Fair enough. Still, I’m getting kind of sick of Square trying to make the next big epic game. TWEWY and Chrono Trigger worked well because of how much they went above and beyond to pack as much meaningful content as possible into the games as they can. Then again, people tend to eat epic shit up so I can definitely see why Square keeps trying.

Two of the best games ever made.

No only that, remember that TWEWY and Chrono Trigger, more the later than the former, are from a time where DLC wasn't as prevalent as today, they had to pack as much content as they can. And yes, people eat epic shit because they can and miss out some good times out there. These are tiresome times, lad.

Imagine how much of these games’ content would be made into DLC if they were to come out today. The amount of pins in TWEWY, the multiple endings in Chrono Trigger, etc. It’s almost saddening, isn’t it?

>Each week would be a DLC called episodes
>A DLC pin set per brand
>Tin Pin Slammer as a DLC
>Another Day as a DLC

And there is the dreadful feeling of despair. Damn it, I hate modern games with the DLC bullshit. I miss the days of the expansion packs.

There was this copypasta that detailed what would happen is TWEWY was made by a company like Game Freak and it is both sad and hilarious.
>only easy and normal, partner is set as auto
>can't modify the area's trends as a way to increase difficulty
>no chain battles until the final area in the last week
>random encounters out of the ass
>no different noise symbols either, so no way to know what kind of fucker you will find in battle
>you can only raise the attack and defense of your partnerts until a certain random variable.
>half of the pins and equpiment are locked once you start the game so you can't get them even if you git gud, so you need to use mingle mode to buy them another player's shop
>you only gain mingle points between TWEWY carts
>no newgame+
>no another day

>All that pasta
Thanks for reminding me my eternal hatred for Game Freak. Fuck Game Freak with a trident, man.

Attached: battle frontier.jpg (636x379, 200K)

Imagine being so pathetic you have to fall back on a list voted by a bunch of internet sperges.

A really good game and a shit one

I fucking love Chrono Trigger

>not enjoying both

I just started TWEWY and it’s pretty fun on DS. The artstyle, music, and gameplay are all very unique and fun. The gameplay is definitely a learning curb. I still don’t understand how to focus on Shiki and Neku at the same time. The top screen controls are weird. I can’t get the hang of it, so I put Shiki on auto until I can understand it.

I'm still mad. God damnit. I bought that game for the Battle Frontier and Lazy Freak didn't bother. God damnit. Pokémon truly ended with B2W2.

Attached: Guts_rage_by_syntaxerror88.jpg (900x675, 193K)

Just focus on controlling who ever has the puck, it will make your life way easier. Don't worry, it takes time to learn the controls, but once you get the hang of it you will have a blast. HAVE FUN, NEKU

Two really great games from different eras.

>outdated

>gives you less content than the original
Literally why would they do this?

Haven't played Chrono, but TWEWY is one of the best damn RPGs I've ever played. It knocks it out of the park in nearly every category.
>fantastic music
>interesting story
>strong character development
>engaging gameplay

I honestly can't think of a single flaw.

If you haven’t played Chrono yet, I highly recommend that you do. It’s fun as fuck and has held up incredibly well.

I like Persona 5 but you are a massive faggot for shitting on TWEWY and CT.

Attached: IMG_8485.jpg (750x788, 74K)

Thanks user

Faggot.

Because Game Freak are a bunch of lazy fucks.

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOO

GO. JUST GO AND TUG ALL YOU WANT. I DON’T CARE.

OH, I FEEL NOTHING WHEN YOU TAUNT. GUESS I'M OVER IT.

OH
I FEEL NOTHING WHEN YOU TAUNT
GUESS I’M OVER IT

GO ON
BRING MORE TO ME

NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE ME

DON’T YOU DARE TRY AND PULL ME INTO YOUR WORLD

I HAVE MYSELF TO FOLLOW

THAT’S WHO I CHOOSE TO LIVE FOR

thanks for the late response

I'M NOT HERE TO BE PERFECT AND WILLING

I’D RATHER BE THE VILLAIN
AS LONG AS I KNOW IT’S RIGHT

Attached: 1564196015386.gif (200x200, 2.44M)

I’m still mad

Congrats, you’re one of the biggest faggots I’ve seen on this board yet.

YEAH
SOME PEOPLE MAKE BAD ATTEMPTS
TO MAKE YOU FALL

OH, IT’S NOT THE RIGHT WAY TO PLAY
IT’S THE DIRTY WAY

Two of the finest JRPG experiences you can ask for.

As always, the first post is the best post

HAPPY GO LUCKY YO, HERE I AM

I’M NOT A YUPPIE OR A PUPPY, YEAH, HEAR ME ROAR

I never knew the TWEWY community and the Chrono Trigger community could be such good friends. I guess it makes sense when you're both fans of God tier games.

We both got screwed over by Square multiple times so I guess it makes sense. That, and TWEWYbros seem to be able to make friends with a ton of people. There were some DMC fans the other day that hanged out in a TWEWY thread and the TWEWYbros outright welcomed them.

JINXES MEAN. NOTHING CAUSE YOU’RE SUCH A JOKE

NEVER CAN STOP ME ‘CAUSE I’M ON MY WAY

You guys think Kariya and Uzuki ever managed to climb the ranks and make the Shibuya UG a better work environment for all reapers?

Attached: Lollipop.png (685x918, 154K)

HAI. IRASHAI.

Would kill to see a spin-off revolving around that. Just Pinky and Lollipop against the world.

yeah I hated Joshua at first but loved how op he got. hell, I hated neku at first and came to like him by the end. I even hated the music at first and came to like it all too. I guess that's the mark of a good game.

favorites the mathematician and rhyme tho.

ayla and magus

wait, I've been out of v for years and only pop in once in a blue moon. Is it really so segregated now? what level of autism is this?

Attached: 1548435300844.jpg (600x637, 43K)

Neku’s development was great. He starts off as a total piece of shit but gradually becomes a genuinely likable dude who starts to care more about the people around him.

Attached: neku comforts beat.jpg (2889x1926, 1.21M)

It would be interesting to learn how the two of them became a team, since Kariya's been around a lot more than Uzuki. I wonder what circumstances led them both to joining the reapers?

Attached: Fusion.jpg (638x957, 247K)

You can blame the massive amounts of off-topic posting and Twitter screencaps. The DMC and TWEWY thing was all in good fun, though.

Yeah, Kariya is implied to be a lot older than anyone realizes. Hell, he even knew about the Taboo Noise whereas Joshua didn’t and the guy’s the goddamn Composer.

I'm pretty sure Joshua was lying about not recognising Taboo Noise in order to not arouse Neku's suspicions, he did know that you need the Light Puck to hurt them.

Hmm, that is a good point.

i know you run the Do Androids Dream of Electric Memes facebook page you normie scum

Attached: 1564166137901.jpg (443x455, 96K)

yeah josh had his power level hidden for the majority of the game.

yeah i was young when i played it and i guess i could relate to him in that regard, even though i considered him a squeenix angst trope in the beginning. games with character development sure are nice

that is unfortunate. maybe it was the lack of comfy threads like this that drove me away. and the fact that i dont care about most games now. five years ago i would not have predicted becoming less of a game enthusiast. same with movies. is it just me or do a lot of things suck now?

Attached: TWEWY.png (1280x720, 562K)

what fucking board am i on...

Attached: cat_funny_steam_avatar.jpg (184x184, 37K)

I can see what you mean but I still try to keep my eyes out for a particularly good game to sink my teeth into. It’s rare but it can happen.

kys

Attached: 652361501_preview_swag at arms.jpg (195x195, 16K)

>What am I in for?
Why don't you just fucking play them and find out?
This is the only "what am I in for?" thread I've seen in a while read 300 replies from a spoonfeeding thread.

If you were tasked by Square Enix to make a sequel to TWEWY, how would you go about it?

Attached: Brands.jpg (682x6270, 1.04M)

well yeah i mean i still play a few but i used to play games as soon as i got off work until bedtime, and all weekend if i didnt have plans. now i'll fit in a couple hours here and there. less games with huge overarching stories and complicated battle systems.

right now i think Destroy all monster girls is nice. and i recently beat Shantae and the pirates curse. The only series I actually look out for any more are Yakuza and disgaea but even then i havent played anything past Y0. except the fist of the north star one which is cool

Attached: fotnslp.png (1600x900, 660K)

For one thing, I would try to make it so that the gameplay of the sequel takes full advantage of the hardware it’s on. No sense in rehashing the previous one considering how intrinsically linked it was to the DS. Secondly, whole new characters. As much as I love the first game’s cast, their stories ended. Sure, some characters can make an appearance (Pi-Face, Kariya and Uzuki, maybe Joshua) but everyone else already had their character arcs fulfilled. Wouldn’t make sense to just use them again.

TWEWY and CT threads tend to be based.

Has anyone bought chrono trigger on iOS

Don’t know if I should get that version or emulate

Attached: F350DC6E-BAF2-443A-9631-1E88427BA0A3.jpg (798x1024, 111K)

From what I hear, it’s a lazy mobile port. You’re probably better off just emulating at that point.

MINUS AND PLUS, GOT’EM PLUGGED IN THE WRONG WAY

AND NOW MINOR KEYS ARE EASIER TO HEAR

Trying way too hard, bud.

God I hate Game Freak

Total shovelware. Chrono Trigger having the same name as a beloved jrpg from the SNES is purely coincidental. And all those people making TWEWY threads are doing it as a joke directly aimed at you so you'll be stupid enough to one day play the game and cause disappointment.

Chrono Trigger is amazing, TWEWY is masturbatory pandering to weeb scenesters.

Two great games, really.
>trying this hard

>pandering
Literally how?

"How?" How is it pandering to otaku hipkids when it takes place in Shibuya? Are you a fucking dumbass?

Haven’t played Chrono Trigger yet but TWEWY was fun as fuck.
>tons of customization
>fun aesthetics
>great music
>great character development

>game that’s made in Japan takes place in Japan
Wow, you sure convinced me.

i want to play these on DS but don't want to shell out 20$ for both. which of the two is better for emulation?

Shibuya is the epicenter of... You know what, no. You're an idiot.

Probably Chrono Trigger. TWEWY seems like it would be a mess to emulate considering how intrinsically linked the gameplay was to the DS.

Way to really help your argument, bud. And barring that, TWEWY is still a good game beyond those aspects.

>shovelware
I seriously have to wonder what kind of games you consider good, then.

Not gonna read the thread but Chrono Trigger DS ruins the game by creating ties to Cross where in the end you didn't do fucking anything and the world is still shitted to hell, right?

A fantastic game that tries to be as unique as possible and a great game that didn't try to be unique at all.

The greatest JRPG ever made and Chrono Trigger

Attached: joshua cringe.jpg (471x479, 62K)

The medicine grandpa that slowly starts to warm up to you.

Haven’t played Chrono Cross yet but apparently so.

Attached: ara-ara.png (512x384, 22K)

Whoops! I believe you meant to post a picture of Persona 3! Easy mistake buddy!

haha, I don't know...

REGRESSION AND PROGRESSION

I START TO REALIZE SOMETHING TRUE

but which is which? :^)

HOW MANY BOTTLES DID YOU THROW IN THE RIGHT BIN?

LITTLE BY LITTLE I FEEL A BIT BET-TER

LET ME KNOW, SET ME FREE, I FEEL A BIT OLDER

DID YOU WASH THEM NICE AND CLEAN?

GENIUSES INVENT MACHINES

AND WEALTHY PEOPLE INVEST IN MORE FUNDS

MY MAMA USED TO SAY START WITH WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY, YEAH, NOT TOMORROW

>all these faggots giving him (You)s because of their nostalgiafaggotry

Based user.

>nostalgiafaggotry
Keep telling yourself that, user.

Anons, I think I'm in love with Stellar Flurry.

Reminder that anyone who argues that people only enjoy games based on nostalgia and nothing else are disingenuous retards that should not be listened to.

That psych is fun as fuck to use. Just lets you go all Fist of the North Star on an enemy’s ass.

Same

Attached: stellar flurry.gif (254x191, 1.69M)

I'm running Lolita Emblem in a deck that's a mix of Lapin Angelique and Tigre Punk pins and I'm pretty sure once I master the use of Velocity Attack it's going to be a blast crashing through enemies, reversing directions, and then just laying into them with Stellar Flurry. During my entire run I was using a Natural Puppy/Sheep Heavenly deck and I'm only experimenting with new brands now so it's a welcome to change to have so many melee options in contrast to nuking enemies from a distance.

I had a ton of fun mixing up melee pins when I played through the postgame. Made for some good times when styling on Noise.

You did complete the Tin Pin Slammer storyline in Another Day, right Anons?

Attached: TIN PIN SLAMMER.png (1211x1053, 1.13M)

they released it on ios

its... not as good tho :(

Chrono Trigger is great. Never played the other one