Innsmouthers lives matter

Innsmouthers lives matter

Attached: The-Sinking-City-4.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uIu9YJYSjW8
xboxachievements.com/game/the-sinking-city/achievement/174221-It-s-a-Kind-of-Magic.html
youtu.be/WPUJG2jTw9s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_House
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaosium
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>hey this post in the other thread got a ton of yous lemme try here
t. faggot op

Looks like your typical euromutt.

Looks british to me

That's definitely an American

>buttblasted /int/ poster

I was so incredibly disappointed in this game. It started with promise too.

>norf FC supporter

"Boris Johnson, finally someone who will deliver Brexit"

nice try for some viral marketing, maybe you get a buy or two out of it but it's on egs so maybe not haha

SHUT UP

>George Soros' true form

dios mio..

I proceeded to rat on this fish-looking murderer right after.

>pfft yeah? well the racist looks like a MONKEY

Secretly redpilled game

Don't forget, that racist monkey is gay.

"get on with it! bloody remoaners! take *ARE* borders back! pint of bitter please barkeep"

-every boomer in britain, 2019

Does it suck?

fuck I can't wait to play this game

Oh is he? I didn't get that far. That's pretty nasty.

wait why do they call them Innsmouthers if it isn't taking place in Innsmouth?

Ultimately yes.

Because the Innsmouthers are from Innsmouth.

They're refugees from innsmouth.

Unironically looks British.

oh I didn't think the game had verbatim HP Lovecraft shit in it, just inspired by

They really have to tow that hot button issue close, huh? Too bad the devs never read his poem about niggers

>I didn't think the game had verbatim HP Lovecraft shit in it
>innsmouther
This is deep disappointment.

otherwise it wouldn't have sold a single copy. gotta cash in on that lovecraft lore money, even if you rape its corpse like a hooker

Has stuff like carcosa, yellow king ect from nonlovecraft horror in it too. Main villain is the daughter of cthulhu lmao.

There's nothing wrong with incorporating real world sociopolitical issues into your plots.

There IS something wrong about doing them in a retarded way, though, like the example in this very thread. Sinking City has the Innsmouthers as an unsubtle refugee analog, where people have to learn to accept them. Of course, in the the lore of the game's universe (and Lovecraft), the Innsmouthers are cultist fish people actively advocating for the genocide of mankind at the hands of the elder fish deity Dagon, and who regularly kidnap people for their evil fish god human sacrifices.

So the intended "refugees welcome" angle is a bit of an unintentionally hilarious mess

>Main villain is the daughter of cthulhu
say it aint so

Aaahh yeah, the popular "euro-mutt meme" you hear about so often these days. Golly, a true classic, my american brethren. Cheers.

Attached: 1563990904030.gif (320x184, 991K)

Technically they never say the word cthulhu but yeah, it's the daughter of cthulhu.

The moral of the story here continues to remain:

Lovecraftian/cosmic horror themes and concepts in games are great. Direct adaptations of Lovecraft are shite

>There's nothing wrong with incorporating real world sociopolitical issues into your plots.
Yes there is. It never comes across as genuine is always painfully forced

huh... really sounds like europe after all.

thats what I meant, well at least it makes sense if Innsmouth is in the game as well (lore wise or other)

play MGS2, it's the perfect example of that

>thats what I meant
What you meant is that you're a disappointment?

read the second part of anons post you add ridden zoomer

All of these pieces of media trying to make racism parallels with ACTUAL INHUMAN MONSTERS representing the minority groups seriously need to take a step back and look and what they're trying to argue. Fucking morons.

Why are game developers so chronically unable to see the horror in cosmic horror? Why is it always le fish people or some big wet spider looking endboss with none of the existential dread.
It's like watching the series adaptation of the Boys vs. the comic. How is it possible to miss the point this badly EVERY time?

Don't you hate when so called "lovecraftian" games boils down the meaning of "lovecraftian" to basically fish monsters? Like fuck, Lovecraft didn't even make so many stories about sea monsters, Cthulhu and Innsmouth are the more famouse ones, but a large chunk of his stories takes place inland.

I'm so excited to see the UK collapse after shooting itself in the head with a no-deal Brexit.

It's okay. Worth a pirate. I mean, wait until a sale or whatever.

Are we maybe just so desensitized vs. 1920s or are games just not able to convey the horror.
A game with the punchline of "oh btw, your family wuz cannibals and shit" wouldn't even be greenlit now.

>

Attached: 1540069224568.png (1946x708, 161K)

Amerimutts descended from britniggers.

>Innsmouthers are related to the Blackwoods via the Marsh family.

HMMMMmmmm.......Really makes you think........

Attached: f1e6442c5607f305439159e2b6e83933e8f57a01[1].jpg (540x960, 97K)

Couldn't finish that game, subtlety out the window and they wrote Lovecraft as if it was written by some faggot at Bioware.

Only zoomers think SJWs are capable of putting a political parallel in a game without being obnoxiously hamfisted about it.

Hate it when my waiter sticks his dick in the tuna.

>dude I can't even explain how scary it is to you because you'd go crazy
why do people like Lovecraft again?

It's the lack of fitting the problem to the setting. It's always shoehorning currentyear trends into the art which date them horribly.
Meanwhile, games where the politics were adapted to suit the gameworld and serve the story are eternal classics.

> are games just not able to convey the horror.

Grim Dawn is a grimdarker Diablo 2, not even trying to be horror per se but it has a lot of awesome LC themed stuff:

With all the evil unleashed in this world, joining with the Bloodsworn made so much sense at the time. At first it was to escape the horrors unleashed by the Aetherials, the death of my family, my wife, my son. But then later I started to understand and believe the words the cult leaders were telling me. The sense of belonging made me feel important. That I was a part of something greater than myself.

Now that I stand in the halls of this mighty place, I feel the eyes of all those that gave up their lives: the Leaders, the great heroes and the countless thousands who followed them. They fought so that we could live without fear of the nameless fiends which I now serve. I can feel the honor and sacrifice of my ancestors and I am ashamed. Ashamed because of the terrors I have left in my path.

For months I have done the most vile and unspeakable things. The deaths of husbands, wives and children are on my bloody hands for no other reason than to serve my own selfishness, to wash me clean of my own fears and the devastating loss that drove me to this madness. Death and murder, all in the name of some long dead god who has no more right to the blood in my veins than I do. Blood that belongs to those who I have killed in its name.

The blood soaked foundation of this forgotten battleground have peeled away the fear and awoken me. There is no forgiving what I have done, no punishment that will ever make it right. But I can give my last breath, my last drop of blood and at last my life to do as much damage to stop them as I can. I do not stand alone. The great heroes stand with me and I do not fear.

only part I really cringed at was during the "innsmouth lives matter" speech you give to the monkey man. His son got killed and the detective who is usually straightforward and succinct suddenly decides to give the guy a small lecture on privilege. No way to even avoid it.

What happened to Innsmouth?

>you just KNOW

Man so disappointing, well this dumpster fire and Epic deserve each other then. I'll save some money in 2020.

>you just KNOW

Esp. when they're just doing it right in front of you, lol.

It's trash. It's shit. Some good ideas, mostly on the posters and ads around town and the more subtle references to HP Lovecraft's stories, but the game itself is a fucking drag, lord have mercy.

Innsmouth gets raided by the police and burnt to the ground. I think this is also mentioned in the actual Terror At Innsmouth story, but it has been a while since I've read it.

Did you skip all the interactions you have with the KKK? You literally are forced to kill the leader in dialogue no matter what you choose. Their is even an achievement you get if ask the grand wizard to do a magic card trick.

I've tried several times to get into grim dawn but the animations, especially on the main character, are so godawful that they bring me right out of the game.
Wish it wasn't the case because it genuinely seemed awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=uIu9YJYSjW8
This game is based and redpilled guys, come on.

The feds raided the town.
>Terror at Innsmouth
The Shadow Over Innsmouth* but yes its the opening paragraph.

>Defending the KKK
found the fragile white guy

>both recent Lovecraft related games are painfully mediocre
Shame.

It has had a TON of animation and FX work and polish since EA now, they just did another big patch yesterday.

Once you learn how the weapon pools and stuff work the character can look like a gd ninja too, I also incorporate a lot of steam controller macro, comfy and customizable as fuck for a shit ton of build possibilities.

I dropped it at EA/early release for the same reasons but it is easily the best arpg now.

it's a lovecraft game it has to be at least a bit redpilled

Attached: American2.jpg (612x428, 97K)

>The Shadow Over Innsmouth
Yeah that's it, I couldn't be bothered to go find my compilation book to double check the name.

You have to be really retarded to believe that but well the media age of Yea Forumsirgins is around 14 so not surprise

Cool. I didn't know that. Will give it another look.

Please bring more politics into a vidya thread. We can't get enough of it.

It speaks of a massive disconnect from reality that in a lovecraftian world that they wrote killing fucking racists who are fighting the spawn of old gods is more important than fighting said spawn because bad think.

It really says a lot about the liberal mindset honestly. NOTHING not even survival comes before being politically correct.

You literally meet them while they are trying to kill the same enemy as you. I am more pissed at the KKK side plot because the plot is literally
>I need to find this Innsmouth Dagon cult leader who kidnapped a professor
>go to his hideout
>oh the KKK kidnapped him
>go to KKK HQ
>call them shitlords and kill them
>oh the cult leader escaped before I got there and is at his other hideout
>back to how this whole fucking plotline began by going to his hideout
Completely filler and existing just to stick it to those racists. Bad storytelling!

I pirated it, it's been enjoyable simply for the worldbuilding, but I'm glad I didn't give any money to sponsor the shoehorned SJW shit.

The whole thread was built on the premise of the politics of this game, specifically.

And right before that, I was poisoning the rare precious food supply and killing hundreds of innocent people to make the same spawn of old gods look bad. But teaming up with racists? No, that's a line you don't cross.

>DRUCK! Move along, outsider!

But you need to understand! HP Lovecraft said the word nigger once! That means any piece of entertainment that is even remotely based on his works must pay penitence in the form of all males involved in the work being castrated on live-stream!

>base an argument on a faulty predicate
>expect people to just ignore it
Fuck off

>Sticking it to the racists
>Bad storytelling
Let me guess, you play the nazis in WWII games too, right?

How far are you? I enjoyed it and the worldbuilding up until the Father & Son questline and that's where it just started spiraling into terrible.

90 IQ

What? Can you read? That's not why I said it was bad. Do you think literally any form of storytelling or structure is good if at some point it sticks it to racists?

Sounds like vampyr

Have you actually played The Sinking Shitty?

>poisoning the rare precious food supply and killing hundreds of innocent people
What the fuck was that part even about? I felt like it was a key choice in the story and the only two options were either

>do nothing and let the murderous death cult take over the city
or
>poison the city's food supply and kill innocents

the smart detective really couldn't find a middle ground?

Explain any narrative reasoning for the inclusion of the KKK. They only show up at that part and if you removed them from the game the story would remain unchanged. They are actually pointless filler.

Dont feed it

Because Lovecraft's horror is all about being terrified that there is no god and humanity doesn't matter, that they're insignificant and the universe is more vast than they can know. This is the common thread even in his stories where there's no direct antagonistic force trying to kill someone. The problem is, everyone nowadays knows and accepts that shit. You can't terrify people with that knowledge. The closest thing you can do is break through millennial and zoomer egos to make them understand that THEY as an individual do not matter, nobody cares about them, social media is smoke and mirrors, and they'll never amount to anything no matter how much they type on the internet. That's a different beast entirely, and since its an entirely ego-driven world view, it's much harder to break through and cause real existential dread in the audience.

I just finished the father & son questline a few days ago and didn't start up the game again since then. Guess I'll find out soon

If you take the jack off scene from eva out the story stays the same too but that doesn't mean its not a good scene

The choice didn't change anything in the end but it is basically
>poison the food supply so guy that hates the cult sets you up with his contact to find the professor
or
>get in good with the cult to meet a contact to find the professor

everyone does you drooling imbecile

It's genuinely aggravating to post obvious bait and see eternal-septemberfags bite again and again and again. We used to be better at this.

So he was the proto-incel. Nihilism has always been Pathetic and lovecraft was never scary.

Attached: serverimage.jpg (480x608, 70K)

the vast majority most certainly not

we're niggers and spics xdd

Cosmicism =/= Nihilism

That questline was the turning point for me. Before I thought it was a cool town and liked they weren't using the same old over used stories. After it the quests were boring, the combat bad to the point of frustrating and all the charm slowly started to go away.

HPL was 100% ok with people writing stories in his universe when he was alive. He encouraged it, even. He didnt give a shit, and certainly wouldnt now

>The choice didn't change anything in the end
So there isn't a bad end in which you embrace the cult and become a fishfucking abomination? That's disappointing, I thought I'd replay the game for it.

Attached: 1489456231094.png (658x545, 176K)

So a modern Lovecraft would base cosmic zoomerhorror on breaking down the cult of self and horror would be more about discovering that you are alone and external validation does not matter or is somehow inaccessible.
Sort of reminds me of Branded from 2012.
Speak to the zeitgeist, I guess.

The ending variations are based on a choice you make at the ending.

The jack-off scene in EOE serves a very specific purpose in displaying Shinji's pubescent rage which ties in to y'know, the entire fucking theme of the show

>t. mutt

Attached: mutt 6.jpg (989x5094, 937K)

>The one other person on the planet who gets that scene
Fucking finally. Symbolism is lost on people.

>we are proud of who we are
They get raped by fish monsters and inevitably devolve into shambling inhuman monstrosities that are forced to serve at the bottom of the ocean as slave labor for the deep ones, who are potentially bringing about the end of the world. We've truly reached a point where "Lovecraftian" shit is created by people who have never read Lovecraft and sold to people who have never read Lovecraft, all the while they act ashamed of what a horrible intolerant racist Lovecraft was when his works completely fall apart if you remove the fear of the other.

the game is secretly calling muzzies evil

There's too much combat in this game and it all sucks. It gets old so fast, nothing surprising ever happens in this stupid game. Do you ever get attacked while driving the boat? No. Is there a tense and dangerous situation to escape from like the Hotel in Dark Corners? No. It's just saunter up to some derelict building, fight the same old retards, do the same impossible to get wrong sleuthing, and then do all again in the same looking fucking house again across town town. Fuck this game.

Innsmouthers are stand-ins for race mixers, so it's the other way around

So you never actually read The Shadow over Innsmouth. Because in that story the hybrids are happy to be hybrids. They are begin manipulated you twat, they either aren't aware or don't care about the fate you described.

The monkey man is actually racist against the fish men and gets talked down to about privilege. I don't know what you're talking about, but you can stop replying if this is what you're going to lead with.

I thought Dark Corners of the Earth was very good
>but muh guns too early
really the only flaw

>tfw no Rosie

Attached: lemonkeyface.jpg (1219x826, 145K)

unironically looks like him

Attached: george-soros-speaks-about-the-euro.jpg (1200x1200, 263K)

>can make a deal with the guy who wants you to poison his mom
>can make a deal with the guy who wants you to poison the whole city
>can make a deal with the guy wants you to kill his dad
>can make a deal with the guy who sacrifices people in his basement
that's all fine but racism? FUCK NO, your character gives a speech about racism and attacks them right after they tell him what he wanted to know
i legit thought it was a bug at first

does killing or helping Ebernote matter?

Oh, I haven't played this game so I thought somebody was calling the OP image a monkey man

>i legit thought it was a bug at first
Nope. Even an achievement for choosing to quip about it.
xboxachievements.com/game/the-sinking-city/achievement/174221-It-s-a-Kind-of-Magic.html

You're a fucking imbecile.

the joke is that Throgmorton seems like the least shitty person in the entire town

>the librarian is a black woman
>the expedition leader is a woman

Half the town is black.

>Monkeyman
>Not shitty
I wonder what they are trying to say with this subtle move.

It was a different time.

Stygian looks good.

They made a TV show based on The Boys?

the game is full of niggers but the librarian specifically is white with blond hair and blue eyes
the woman at the newspaper is white too

The librarian is that white woman with her mouth sewn shut. The black woman runs the newspaper.

>just wants to save his town and find out what caused the flood
>hates the fish-fucking Innsmouthers who want to genocide humanity
I don't know man, he just seems like a no monkey-business kind of guy.

Dark Corners of the Earth is great
Prisoner of Ice is good, though it's only tangentially related to the mythos

also,
motherfucking QUAKE

Yes.

external validation does matter though
only 'smart' people find it petty and unfulfilling.
the real winners in life are the brainlet retards who care not for how fucked they are by the world and are happy to gobble up mass media.
i envy them.

A complete shitshow. Urban saves it somewhat but it's all muh strong womyn shit. They ruined the backstories and the team's personalities and the big spoiler is front and center since episode one.
Total crap.

>let the mom break the mirror because i thought Throgmorton only saw a rival in Hammond so he wanted to keep him locked up
>turns out he just wanted to save what's left of his family
i fucked up

I never finished that quest, did he go ape-shit?

I did the same, thinking the kid would be better off with his mom and only she knew how to break the curse.
>mfw the kid starts crying and screaming inside his coffin while the mom just stares at me lifelessly

Attached: 1489240652018.jpg (337x372, 17K)

what a joke
i was willing to give the game a pass after the sermon Reed gives to Throgmorton, as it felt really out of place and there was nothing similar in the game up until that point
but when they do it twice it must be deliberate

What I always found interesting is the lack of oversight from the federal government in the Cthulhu setting. You'd expect with a whole bunch of people disappearing/dying and a whole town getting flooded that the government would notice.

Attached: 3ea9a37b34f1a3a1056885ab31633052.jpg (599x750, 56K)

Carlos pls
he just gets very sad

dude the city is inaccessible lmao

Innsmouth does get burned to the ground.

>oversight from the federal government in the Cthulhu setting
This is what Delta Green is and there should be a video game about it.

They wipe out Innsmouth and even deep bomb Devil's Reef.

We don't take kindly to the federal government round here, outscchshshider. Us Innsmouth folk manage just fine on our own.

that's not the setting, it's these poorly written recent games where monsters openly roam the streets and the 'Innsmouth look' means you're a literal fucking fish-man
J. Edgar Hoover was a character in Dark Corners of the Earth, and by the end of the game, even the Coast Guard and the Marines (iirc) get involved

Attached: rcaensxzs1701[1].jpg (982x800, 175K)

Nah

get your reddit faggotry back to a flag board

Deep One hybrids do not resent their condition in the story, at all.
Mostly because Deep Ones themselves have a very strong sense of "community" and racial superiority, never mind the fact that hybrids eventually turn into full fledged Deep Ones the more they mature, in fact the horror part of the story is that hybrids progressively lose their human nature and become more and more alien.
This isn't meant to be some kind of SJW fedora tipping or virtue signalling, it's actually extremey close to the actual Lovecraftian idea of Deep Ones, it's not meant to make you feel bad for them, on the contrary, it's meant to make you feel even more awkward and repulsed because those fucking things ain't human and don't care about you, nigger, burn them with fire.

It's locked. It won't open. It won't budge. It's locked.

Tfw "The Innsmouth look" with sort of bulging eyes, big wet lips and weak chins is too subtle and probably describe the developers too well so they amp it up to 11 because they think the audience are morons.

Is the game playable now?
Last time I played it was a fucking mess

Attached: Healthy+joyous+turkey_5f5716_6965912.jpg (1200x1138, 102K)

>gets burned alive by national guard with 1940's flamethrowers while sad muh refugees subtext plays in the background

When was silent hill mentioned?

I came to appreciate that if a door could be opened later he'd say it's locked and you knew to find a key or something but if the door never opens in the game and was basically a wall he'd say it won't open and you knew not to bother with it anymore.

It's still pretty gnarly. I couldn't do it because there was just so much walking around in the pretty boring city.

Love the smell of napalm in the morning.
Smells like... fishsticks.

i ragequit every time the diving suit comes into play, but other than that there aren't any noteworthy bugs
i play it with the first patch CODEX released

Only the most dominant families are happy, and even then it's not like you get to hear their opinions on the matter. It's heavily implied Marsh didn't consider the ramifications of his actions when he offered to the deep ones. And christ man, over half the town lives in mortal fear because the place was raided and most people were murdered if they didn't accept deep one dickings back in the day. The streets are empty because everyone is so deformed they have to cram into little houses keeping shoggoths company. I'm sure they're all very happy living like that because of one man's greed.

la abominación acuática

Attached: 1546284845557.png (583x2452, 1.72M)

This. Fuck Dagon worshipers. Religion of peace my ass

>Delta green video game.
>Engage hostile
>Die

Attached: 1383227403412.png (5000x5000, 1.38M)

I just fucking love the not-so-subtle redpills of how all these horrifying mutant races are racist against each other AND regular humans. Too bad the game itself is such shit.

Attached: snippity snap2.webm (1920x1080, 2.37M)

Religion of pisces

I SAID FUCK OFF, CARLOS

>calling Lovecraft a proto-incel
>when he got married
Dude

we'll get Phoenix Point
and like this game, it'll be free courtesy of remote chewer man

Does it feel bad when Americans who dont know a thing about your politics shit all over you for it?

It's almost like you need MORE until you shut the fuck up about american politics you know nothing about, you euro cuck

What are the name of the two lovecraft games that are coming out again?

Is The Sinking City better than Call of Cthulhu?

Attached: MV5BYWI1MGNhZjUtMTBjMi00NWJmLWI1MTYtNTk2Y2Q2ZTU3NGUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_UY1200_CR113,0, (630x1200, 163K)

Kinda unrelated but it made me think of it
>playing Deadfire lately
>pretty early game but a ton of important political figures are women
>Yea Forums has shat on this for being feminist
>mfw don't give a fuck because this feeds into my lesbian/futashit fantasies

Judging by the gameplay videos I've seen, Star citizen and VtM: Bloodlines 2. There's some cosmic horror shit in there.

Because at the time they didn't have all these paintings of body horror that kind of normalised it.

Not really

youtu.be/WPUJG2jTw9s

nice spoilers you fucking asshole

*dabs on the retarded brexiters*

The real redpill is that most of these ideologies are fetish driven but the biggest problem is they are shit-tier fetishes.

>tfw brain has been so devastated by sexual stimulation that good writing does not matter anymore

Attached: 408[1].jpg (952x717, 118K)

The only annoying bug so far with the first patch is that you can get stuck in scenery, but it's somewhat rare and the game autosaves often even when you quit so it's not really an issue.

I also don't get the hate about the game besides muh epic store.
It's by far the most expansive Lovecraftian game to date, not to mention the longest as well while not being a fucking walking simulator like so many of them now.
The main issues are how simplistic the combat is (which isn't exactly news for a horror game) , the reused interior environments and the lack of more random enemies, there are basically only 4 normal monsters barring bosses.
I still vastly prefer it to Dark Corners due to length, exploration, more lovecraftian mythos references/themes, actual detective work.
If you want a truly garbage game go for the new Call of Cthulhu released last year or so.
Even most of the "fetch" quests in the game all lead you to something unique when getting the items needed instead of just grabbing them in location X.
I'd say there are only two pozzed moments in the game - the dialogue with Throgmorton where you are forced to say Innsmouther refugees are good despite the fact they are half breed doomsday cult fish fuckers, and the forced fight with the KKK leader where you are forced to be agressive towards him in dialogue despite the fact the Oakmount branch of the KKK is literally fighting against the literal chaotic evil cultists instead of black people.

Miles better. The latest Call is basically Sinking City except linear, literally 1/8 of the length, no exploration, no combat, minimal detective work

Nonsense. Call is short as fuck nevermind linear as well.
The only part where Call wins is Occult/Persuasion skillchecks in dialogue which are kinda minimal anyways.

Attached: Outfits.webm (1366x768, 2.67M)

So is there no way to mod this game to remove the sjw shit?

There are only two SJW tier dialogues in the game.
Unless you consider random black or brown npcs walking around that don't even talk to you to be SJW tier.

There probably is, but it isn't going to be achieved by asking if someone else can do it.

>king's robes
>yellow suit
mean by this etc

There are two fridge-logic tropes that tend to pop in games like this:
1. The factions we're supposed to empathize with turn out to be to blame for the whole mess but it's clearly not intended that way by writers.
2. They pick genuinely subhuman groups to represent the "other" and draw parallels to currentyear politics, effectively saying the groups they are advocating for are subhuman.
The projection and inadvertent revelation of truth in these games almost looks like false flags at times.

ahem
HAVE

Attached: wojacks are for fags.jpg (917x599, 230K)

It does, but I don't have complaints about that. I like the characters enough, I just have the added bonus of it giving me ideas for my fetish art I make when I'm not playing vidya. Cheers!

>King's Robes
Well that ruins that surprise.

Dios mio...
La abominacion del Inboca!

Attached: The Sinking City Screenshot 2019.07.20 - 18.34.32.64.jpg (1920x1080, 492K)

The same they meant by this.

Attached: The Sinking City Screenshot 2019.07.20 - 19.48.05.31.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

Subtle as a dick in the ear.
Fucking Super Mario bros. had better writing.

>short as fuck nevermind linear as well
That's what makes it slightly better. The open world in Sinking City is worthless when it's as empty as it is, it's just there as an annoyance to traverse back and forth across again and again, looking up cross streets for the 50th time so you can go investigate the same looking building once more.

Both these games aren't very good but at least CoC doesn't waste as much time.

It's not like random people from the city would ever get the referece anyways. At least the fishfuckers could build their shrines while pretending it was something normal.

>it's just there as an annoyance to traverse back and forth across again and again
There are plenty of fast travel checkpoints

>looking up cross streets for the 50th time so you can go investigate the same looking building once more
One of the difficulty modes literally gives you a quest marker so you don't have to look up the buildings yourself.
CoC's entire last act is embarassing alone, where you finally get to use your gun and then all mad villagers die in one shot.
It's also lacking in mythos and the classic notebooks/docs you find in horror games, of which Sinking has many and are pretty much more interesting than the actual dialogue in the game.

Attached: The Sinking City Screenshot 2019.07.27 - 00.21.00.03.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

writing notes doesn't take as much effort as making a good atmosphere in a game. this game had some good ideas but they go upside down really fast and the other parts of the game are awful from the get go.

It feels like shitty fanpandering, though. "HURR aren't we clever" reddit tier reference.
I love it when I have to think about the reason for something or when something becomes apparent on the second playthrough or a week later when I'm brushing my teeth or something.
Make it clever. Risk that I won't get it because when I do get it, it'll be remembered much more fondly.

>as making a good atmosphere in a game
I enjoyed the atmosphere of Sinking City.
I was actually surprised they let you travel a little by boat in the flooded sections instead of just porting you over the next walkable part.
The only issue is the heavy reuse of buildings and environments, common with open world shit.
Certainly better atmosphere than Call, I can only recall the Mansion and the Asylum from there looking good, the latter which is ruined by le forced stealth sections despite you literally carrying a gun with you the entire game.

Attached: The Sinking City Screenshot 2019.07.20 - 15.32.01.44.png (1920x1080, 3.63M)

That's like 5 minutes into the game you stupid retard

FBI literally raids Innsmouth, and the Navy shells devil reef.

DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPFFFFFFF

> and the big spoiler is front and center since episode one
Why are they just such massive hacks. You would imagine that some of the writer would know what made the comic tick but instead they turn the boys of all thing in to a rip off MCU.

OwO, whats this?

>code geass.jpg

Call of Cthulhu is a horrible mes of a "detective" game that quickly becomes a dumb "DON'T LOOK AT THE MONSTER OR ELSE" Slender clone. If it stuck with its 'freeze time and find all clues' mechanic and stayed away from the stealth shit, as well as used its RPG mechanics outside of doors only unlockable by RNG, then it might be enjoyable; but overall CoC is a pile of dogshit that you should stay far far away from.

Haven't played Sinking City, but apparently it's similarly garbage. Why can't we get a good classic Lovecraft game? Is it because of the greedy execs hording Lovecraft's IP? Darkest Dungeon was good cosmic horror, and yet anything actually associated with Lovecraft himself is trash. Boggles the fucking mind.

YOU, shouldn't have ordered that black salmon

yes, but not by much
the writing is shit and it's extremely repetitive

Source

>Is it because of the greedy execs hording Lovecraft's IP

Attached: 1489150339183.png (612x491, 98K)

Attached: NorfEnlightenment.png (1430x907, 421K)

>There are plenty of fast travel checkpoints
And it's a good thing there was otherwise I would have dropped this game so fast.
CoC had that one moment in the art gallery that at least shook things up gameplay wise a bit, similar to the Hotel chase sequence in Dark Corners, only just nowhere near as good. Sinking City has nothing like that in it, you fall into a routine in this game so fast. You know precisely what to expect every time you enter a building in your investigations. It's the same 4 monsters, sometimes you fight them first before doing your chuthlu vision stuff, sometimes they show up after.

I don't like either of these games to be honest, I think they are both cases of wasted potential. I did like that one part of Sinking City where you investigate Granny Stitch or whatever the fuck, that at least felt like it wasn't just copy pasted from Lovecraft's greatest hits, something sort of unique.

I genuinely think it has to do with left-leaning individuals failing to predict the motivation of the right and presuming their ideological opponents are evil. Since the left tend more towards creative arts what we get in movies and series is a parade of strawmen that only really shows how little they understand the motivations people they call enemies.
Which is a shame because The Boys has some biting social criticism and is quite witty beyond the nihilism but they botched it into a muh feeemuhl empowerment show.
I particularly liked the christian camp episode. Watch it and contrast to Herogasm to see how badly they didn't get it.

>obnoxious politics shoved into every video game by obnoxious SJWs
>threads created to discuss video games comment on obnoxious politics
>it's /pol/'s fault

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_House
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaosium
Literally own Lovecraft's IP, without any fucking grounds for doing so.

>Own public domain works
que?

>Why can't we get a good classic Lovecraft game? Is it because of the greedy execs hording Lovecraft's IP? Darkest Dungeon was good cosmic horror, and yet anything actually associated with Lovecraft himself is trash. Boggles the fucking mind.

Well one is being way more derivative than the other so it makes sense that the non-IP'd one has more creativity and compelling work behind it since it has to stand on its own merit before you even hear about it.

They own it, and will sue anyone who says otherwise.

Make them darker and this would be how the average burger will look soon enough.

>If it stuck with its 'freeze time and find all clues' mechanic and stayed away from the stealth shit
Sinking City has far more of that and no stealth so I don't understand the complaint.
The only loss is the lack of dialogue skillchecks though the ones in Call are rather embarassing anyways.

I get some of that.
I really think they need to introduce at least 3 more normal enemies or so.
Preferably some more melee weapons as well instead of just the fucking spade.
Though in the end I prefer a repetitive game that's longer over a short one that's over 8 hours, assuming no replay whatsoever.
I enjoyed a lot of Sinking City sidequests and yeah Granny Weaver was great especially the mind's eye section where she visits Joy's apartment.

>that at least felt like it wasn't just copy pasted from Lovecraft's greatest hits, something sort of unique
To be fair I'm kinda expecting lovecraft's greatest hits in a lovecraftian game.
The creature design and their lore in Sinking City is all original, however.

Attached: The Sinking City Screenshot 2019.07.20 - 19.27.10.47.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

Well, he is best lovecraftianboy.

Attached: best boy.webm (900x506, 2.97M)

The Shadow over Innsmouth, by H.P. Lovecraft.

Not the user you're taking to, but I feel like you're being overly forgiving to that game and overly harsh on this one. The whole point of the game is for you to be a detective and neither of the previous two games do that as well as this one. As someone that genuinely enjoyed CoC and the previous game from last year, they are both pretty fucking bad and fall apart not even halfway into their story. This one is definitely more consistently the same, but it at least keeps the same quality throughout the game

I thought Call of Chtulhu was excellent and I've been reading Lovecraft and Derleth over and over since childhood.
This game hasn't grabbed me in the same way.

>nothing wrong with incorporating real world sociopolitical issues into your plots.
There is because vidya writers are so shit it never comes off naturally.

>I'm kinda expecting lovecraft's greatest hits in a lovecraftian game
It would be great if it wasn't just fishpeoplecults every single game, though.
Can we have a color out of space or an appearance by Yog-Sothoth or Hastur or something? Basically ANYTHING that doesn't smell of fish?

Looks like your average white person, and I don't mean "white" as in the 52%.

>Stygian looks good.
It suffers from the usual garbage indie tier artstyle.
I hope that at least means we'll get a meaty game with lots of shit to do.

Or a game set in the desert with those snake people

Attached: 1558682696045.jpg (564x564, 30K)

>color out of space
Play DD.

Attached: 1551474033878.png (452x1600, 1.38M)

But user, the Yellow King IS Hastur
I can't exactly fault devs for always going for Innsmouth and Cthulhu since it's pretty much what he's best known for in the mainstream.
Hell most people didn't even known that Annihilation was obviously a Colour copypasta.

Attached: The Sinking City Screenshot 2019.07.27 - 13.33.11.83.png (1920x1080, 3.9M)

I’d rather be a spic than a brit desu.

Imagine a game with Conan Exiles aesthetics where you are the mad arab himself trying to discover some long lost secrets of Irem and gathering a cult of followers for the necessary rituals.
Damn, now I want that game more than anything.

>Annihilation was obviously a Colour copypasta.
Was it really? I got more a feel of the subplot-is-the-real-plot from that movie. That's the only way the ending and her struggle with the entity made sense to me as a self-annihilation move.

Attached: Maia confirmed Futa.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

The people who made the game probably never even read the story, they just saw bits and pieces about it in pop culture.

kek

Fuck I hate that kind of shit. One of the things they do in rdr2.
>Can donate to civil war vets shelter
>Not allowed donate to guy at the start of the game because Arthur has to dislike him so it's more "impactful" or some shit when he beats him and gets TB
>Sidequest where you help some old homeless guy who iirc his own kids have disowned get some heirlooms from his home
>Find out he was a slave catcher
>Return to him
>Guy is suddenly more unpleasant to Arthur
>Despite usually giving you choices on being a prick or not, Arthur no matter what dumbs the old guys shit in the fire in front of him
>Guy breaks down crying, saying how he "still exists" or some shit
>get honor for killing him
I like to think the honor is for putting the poor fucker out of his misery but I doubt that was what they were going for.

Annihilation has a Roadside Picnic vibe too.

I disagree, the artstyle is very unique and it looks great. It's inspired by early XX century newspaper illustrations. Works well for the theme. And the premise is extremely unique.

Racism is a FAR worse crime than murder, because unlike a single murder racism leads to the genocide of millions of people.

>media constantly talking about how we need to erase the legacies of all of history's most respected and famous authors, philosophers, leaders, scientists, war heroes, revolutionaries, etc because their views on race hundreds of years ago don't conform exactly to a specific, narrow view of "diversity and multiculturalism" that's only been around for 20-30 years at most
Honestly just makes me think racism isn't so bad, if every brilliant mind that shaped the world was a racist and the ones most against "racism" are idiot news agencies and anti-white liberals and minorities who use accusations of racism as a tool to grab for power

We'll never get a game where you're just lost in time and space wandering through the realms

Attached: dreammap-olderversion[1].jpg (1440x960, 2.35M)

Attached: Stygian game.jpg (1919x1079, 536K)

I just find it really hard to take horror games seriously when they go for that artstyle
It just makes the entire blood and madness and eldritch abominations end up looking..."cute"

>Having an opinion is worse than ending a life
Breathing leads to genocide as well. Please stop doing it.

FOR THE NORF

DA (YELLOW) KINGINDA NORF

>not racist I just don't like em

I don't really like either. Honestly, I don't remember much from the CoC game, I played it a while ago now. I remember the art gallery, walking around in the some guy's mansion and looking at shit, and some of the absolutely braindead-tier puzzles. I didn't even recall the dialogue choice element until the other guy brought it up.

I will admit the Sinking City has a decent atmosphere. I just wish there was more to the game itself.

Fucking 1920's Innsmouth Massachusetts dwellers were certainly almost all English descended

You think this looks cute? I think it looks kinda disturbing, like an old book illustration. Realistic depictions of most Lovecraftian horrors would looks goofy IMO.

Attached: Stygian 2.png (1600x900, 2.01M)

Yes.
I can't help it, it's often the case with pixel or drawn art in similar style to me.

Attached: DiosMio.png (1106x479, 929K)

Looks like a 12 year old trying to copy Bosch inbetween bouts of cutting and shopping at hot topic.

Obviously the solution to this problem is to put as many completely different people and cultures in as close proximity as possible.

so you never actually looked into the book then? thats sort of how it ends

Pretty based. What game?

Is this better than the last CoC game?

Attached: cat beatup.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Why SJW's always try to write shit that wasn't meant for them? Lovecraft or The Witcher didn't give a shit about politics, stop fucking ruining it you retards

By far.

It's literally Call of Cthulhu.

Attached: dcqyjek-aa73146e-7c82-4921-abad-ae2bc3de5af1.png (2100x1234, 1.59M)

One is a shitty walking simulator and other is a shitty open world shooter. Both are boring as fuck, both have cringe dialogs written by SJW's that break immersion and both are made by same devs.

That's a polack

Attached: 1461783517335112329.jpg (588x586, 200K)

Who here unironically likes Dagon (2001)

Attached: Inboca.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

>lovecraft didnt care about politics

It was quite the opposite, he was racist as all hell

That and Shinking Shitty kind of melded into each other for a while since they both got announced at the same time. Is Call of Cthulhu any good?

Luv Innsmouth
Hate Outsmouth
Simple

Dark Corner of the Earth is better than any of these games.

is that the one where the guy gets cucked by the fish god

The real goal isn't to show you that racism is bad. Racism = bad is just the tool that's in use. The actual goal is the complete dissolution of the past and culture associated with it. The less culture and history people have, the easier it is for them to indulge in a pointless consumerist driven culture based on commodities and entertainment.

Truly, the epitome of right wing redpill.

Attached: 1549758207544.jpg (738x1473, 254K)

so it's a sequel to the original call of cthulhu?

SJW's ruin everything. Can't wait when they try to insert anti racism messages in Warhammer 40K games.

Why the fuck do women run like that?

im surprised we haven't got a nightlands roguelike yet.

Attached: Nightland.gif (400x480, 24K)

No, it's not a sequel to anything

lovecraft was writing primarily around the early 20s of the turn of his century, racism was not a political topic at the time, it was the norm; there is no argument to be made that he wasn't a racist however given the context of his age it would be hard to mount an argument that his racism was political and not simply a societal norm of the era he existed in; it can have political connotations now however the author himself was so detached from the context we are examining his works in now that to imply political standings from his work would be intellectually dishonest.

the field of view and all the other crap like Motion Blur is ultra aids in this game. literally unplayable for more than 10 minutes. feels like playing with a magnifying glass the entire time after 5 beer

>It was okay to be a racist, thats just how it was in those times

My favorite non argument.

Counterbalance the momentum created by their swaying breasts

Yeah it is, you can tell because of how you scumfucks clearly have zero interest in talking about the game and just want to shriek about SJWs.

>It's not okay to be racist, caring more about your own people is bad

My favorite non argument.

Gotta gettanize it tomorrow. Is it good or bad or both?

>Beating up a woman
How did this get past the censors?

You're gonna love WH Adventures.

where in the post did I say it was okay to be a racist, I said it wasn't politically motivated because in the era he lived it was a cultural norm; if you want to engage in an actual analysis of the work of the author you have to take into consideration the context and intent of the author

>I am literally incapable of caring about my own people unless I'm actively hating on another group.

Jesus man

>scumfucks
Top bantz as usual.

No, he actually gets a designated fish waifu who is his half sister despite wanting to escape from all the fish cultist madness and is forced to spend eternity with her despite trying to kill himself

Attached: designated fish waifu.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

There is suppose to be a tv show based on 40k. This has better chances to become the S1 of Game of Thrones rather than cucked Netflix Witcher

Attached: 4636346.png (986x827, 654K)

oh he's Nyarlathotep?

>When she squirts your whole world turns dark
Win some, lose some.

I'm just glad I like it, I guess. It's shaping to be one of a kind game, for better or worse.

It's a gud movie.

he might be, now that you mention it

You know damn well they will turn Eisenhorn into some stodgy uncreative bumpkin and it'll be Bequin who comes up with all the plans and kicks ass when he is conveniently incapacitated.

>>I am literally incapable of caring about my own people because MSM and the left has brainwashed everyone into thinking I'm actively hating on another group.

FTFY Jesusman.

>my burning bois
oh nononononononononononononono

>find out you're some half fish monstrosity that will slowly methamorphosize into a deep one as you get older
>you are also immortal
>you also get to live in untold wonder and splendor in the deep one city
Why is this supposed to be a bad thing again?

>trying to backpedal when you just actively defended racism

You've been exposed /pol/shit. At least have the nerve to admit to being a racist and a white nationalist like the rest of your ilk

The first guy you meet is wearing the same kind of yellow suit and you quickly find out he leads a group called "The Kings". Innsmouthers are literal fish-faced mutants with fucking scaly skin. The game has the subtlety of a brick to the face.

You also become a token ethnic used to represent black people in some shit writer's virtue signalling.

Most people who only know cthulhu/innsmouth as in most people that actually play lovecraftian games would never even get to guess about yellow king and hastur

>antifa, marty feldman and a cripple
Now this is Lovecraft's vision

Don't compare me with some drucking nigger, outsider!

Attached: the_sinking_city_innsmouthers[1].jpg (688x387, 54K)

Beneath the Pyramids is my favorite story and it needs to be adapted somehow.

Everyone being so blase about the insane bodyhorror made me love this game. Between the fishmen being annoyed you're asking about it to the dudes who brag about being related to monkeys and no one gives a shit, it's amazing

B-b-but tentacle-waifu. Some nice titties on display and your standard fare Innsmouth fish-people cult.
I liked it. Good movie.

its uncanny

Attached: 1562952514572.png (1000x1000, 1.35M)

What I find fucking weird is that in any Cthulhu RPG except this one: Killing fishmen is a divinely sanctioned act. It's Lawful Good to kill them because they are objectively chaotic evil.

I think this is supposed to be part of the moral dilemma of the game but they forgot the part where they let the player choose their morality.

>Are we maybe just so desensitized
Dude, people were scared of the Exorcist back in the day. Have you watched the Exorcist recently? It's absolutely hilarious, and not because of the practical effects, but simply because of how Regan acts when she's possessed. Same deal with It, It scared countless people but nowadays it's incredibly tame and Pennywise is hilarious. Even something like Hellraiser was considered controversial if they could even show it in theaters but nowadays half the shit they considered controversial (Like spanking) is so far down the list of tame it's incredible.
War of the World scared people so much back in the day they legitimately thought the Earth was being attached by aliens.

el pescado de las americas

So you're agreeing that we've become desensitized then because that was my exact point.

It's straight up because any game that can be clever about it doesn't need to take someone else's settings for their horror game story.
People take Lovecraft because they want brand recognition. If they wanted something original they would have made something original. The lesser-known Lovecraft stuff isn't anything they're ever going to touch because there's no point to it being lovecraft if the name recognition isn't there.

>proving my point this hard

Thanks for playing.

Racism isn’t inherently evil, regardless of how you’ve been brainwashed.

>that photo
>that FUCKING photo

Wow. Just fucking wow.

Wow.

Wow wow wow wow.

Attached: Gaunter o' Dimm.jpg (856x1045, 134K)

You realize you're being baited, right? Ignore baitposts.

People were scared because the concept of demon possession wasn’t household knowledge. It’s more than just the sum of its parts, it was a new idea in horror.

You do realize that is a very common depiction of slav devil, right user?

trolling or stupid?

I'd say it's more about the fact that the world as a whole or at least the audiences that matter was far more catholic back when it was released, and demon shit legitimaly was scary for the average joe and housewife due to religious fears.
Just think about all the satanic cult fiascos in the 80s to the point even D&D was thought to be ebil and they had to change demons and devils to donnutsteel names instead that are still a thing even today

I thought Sinking City handled it pretty well. You have moments of "Innsmouthers are just people trying to live their lives" then you have the EOD being a genuine cult serving an otherworldly monster. Most of the stuff in the game kind of blur the lines.

I'm not that guy but are the mirrors also a common thing for slav devil? Because that is the thing that seems the most indicative.

>ITS OK TO CTRL + C & CTRL + V WHEN VIDYA DOES IT

i agree the boat parts are good, the ambient music and tones WERE good until i realized its 2 tunes looping one after another. overall atmosphere is good, but i can't agree on it being better than CoC in any way, since theres literally 3 building interior templates that just have some furniture placement differences. and the combat was somehow even worse than CoC.

the city is pretty but ultimately empty, the combat is not only unsatisfying but a boring slog, crafting is tacked on only to waste your time, political undertones really feel shoehorned. its an underwhelming game that could have been so much better.

nothing wrong with making references to other vidya

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 266K)

>This one is definitely more consistently the same, but it at least keeps the same quality throughout the game
that's literally what user said, and it isn't a good thing, if anything it certainly isn't in this particular case.

>nothing wrong with making references to other vidya

SO why is it bad in Borderlands?

Also true. Its sad that so many people watch it and think to themselves “lol why so scary tho” without any sense of perspective. Even the sound design in that movie is top-notch, adding to the atmosphere.

>Not letting people who've done nothing but blow up their own societies or fail to create societies into my society means I hate them

okay guy who doesn't let homeless people live in his house

Because making a reference can't replace good writing or serve as a joke in and of itself.

Is this the one where they take the covers off and she's got two tentacles instead of legs?

Even nowadays there are still people in a lot of third world diehard catholic countries like Brazil and Mexico that fear the devil like a plague and truly believe in satanic muder cults whenever a somewhat unusual murder happens

>monsters portrayed as if they're a racial minority
Is this the most authentically Lovecraftian game ever made?

References can’t be the sole source of humor/plot/Easter eggs.

Yes

I understood that reference.

>Why is this supposed to be a bad thing again?

Because you don't actually get to live in untold wonder and splendor in the deep one city, you get to be a slave that toils for your dark masters for all of eternity or until aforementioned dark masters snatch you up at random and devour you -which won't actually kill you since you're immortal, so you'll just be in unending torment forever.

Also because you gave up your humanity and helped fucking Dagon end the world and damn everyone else so that you could have that fate.

That game looked mildly interesting. Is it shit too?

I'm agreeing with you, I just wanted to add to it because yes, we're heavily desensitized. There was a lot less in terms of movie variety that explored these concepts so it's understandable, and we've grown used to a lot of conventions.

>only 'smart' people find it petty and unfulfilling.
You mean fake intellectuals that believe themselves to be smarter than they are, while people actually in the know understand its value?

>The one other person on the planet
Who are you hanging out with? It's not rocket science.

>Retards on Yea Forums are angry you can't side with the KKK
Can't say I'm surprised.

And burn they do when the government has the town demolished and the inhabitants get rounded up and sent to a concentration camp. Lovecraft was woke on the Deep One Question.