Rockman

>Rockman
>Gets changed to "Mega Man."
>Irregulars
>Changed to "Mavericks."
>Forte becomes "Bass," Rockman.exe becomes "Mega Man Battle Network," R.O.C.K ON becomes "M.E.G.A. Merge," characters keep calling him "Mega" despite people knowing the character's name is Rock.
Why must Mega Man always suffer from bad localization? Can Capcom not quit while they're ahead and deal with the fact that we know he's also Rockman?

Attached: Mega Man.png (1315x1200, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

themmnetwork.com/blog/2011/04/30/the-truth-behind-mega-man-x5s-maverick-names-revealed
youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA
youtube.com/watch?v=bYpXYylBBcM
rockmanpm.com/i/flash/megamanx8lol.swf
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmplZojOZJY
youtube.com/watch?v=2spez2GClXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The english markets better

Protoman was also originally named Blues.

That's Robot Kid Burger Fighter what are you taking about

Mavericks is way cooler then Irregulars though

Rockman is a retarded name, Megaman is epic

>Rock->Mega
Loses the music reference, but sounds cooler to dumbass kids and thus more marketable. Ditto .exe->Battle Network.

>Irregular->Maverick
Slightly less awkward, conveys the same meaning.

>Forte->Bass
we just don't know

what the fuck

Except they just call him Mega Man.exe in the game and a lot of people know it as that anyway. Also having Roll in NT call Mega Man "Mega" when he has a canon name (Hub) or having him referred to as Mega pre-operation as Mega in Powered Up when 4 already called him Rock is awkward.

>.exe->Battle Network.
They used both in japan.
>Battle Network Rockman.exe

They changed it because they were afraid people would go "but he's not blue."

rockman is a bad name that doesn't even remotely describe the character. megaman is objectively a better name

It's waaaaay too late to change it now
Plus Megaman just has a nice ring to it

>Loses the music reference, but sounds cooler to dumbass kids and thus more marketable. Ditto .exe->Battle Network.
I agree totally with this, i remember buying the original battle network thinking it sounded awesome (and it was)
Also protoman is a way cooler name for a mentor/rival person than blues, which sounds sad
I think they changed Forte to Bass because people don't know how to pronounce Forte since both pronounciations are actually acceptable in english

only autists get worked up over this stuff. out of all the people that played megaman stuff 5% care about this.

I thought his name was just 'Rock' when he's not wearing his Mega Man outfit unless deluded myself into thinking that. Also Mavericks sounds way cooler than Irregulars. Bass is also better because it sounds more guy-like. Forte should be a name used for a girl fighting robot or something.

The real question is what's with the upsurge of ironic weebs complaining?

Irregulars sounds more like a group for outworldish creatures than Robots

i thought he was Astro Boy

I'll never forget that the manga of .exe pondered the question

"Why is he Blues when he doesn't have a partner named Rhythm?"

Also; you're forgetting the whole of X5 name change to Guns and Roses names, because Claire Redfield's VA did it for her husband.

themmnetwork.com/blog/2011/04/30/the-truth-behind-mega-man-x5s-maverick-names-revealed

Attached: Cz-s4vhUoAA3M5C.jpg (384x288, 22K)

Rockman is a shitty fucking name in english since audiences will immediately think his powers have something to do with rocks.

The localizers did nothing wrong.

well they're probably right but still

>ironic weebs want literal translations meme
ironic weeb stuff like Neptunia have the least literal translations

I wonder if they regret this these days??
It's like the M/Bison Vega thing. If they had any idea that 20+ years of confusion would ensue would they go back and just call him red dude or Mr. Dictator.

This, if there was a musical theme to anything other than the naming conventions I might actually give a shit, but there isn't.

The most awkward insistence on never calling him "Rock" was in Legends, where his official full name was "Mega Man Volnutt" in English.

>Also; you're forgetting the whole of X5 name change to Guns and Roses names, because Claire Redfield's VA did it for her husband.

What a fucking cunt

>I thought his name was just 'Rock' when he's not wearing his Mega Man outfit unless deluded myself into thinking that.
It was, then Capcom doubled down and changed it to "Mega."

Rock man is a terrible fucking name. Fuck off and kys at once weeb.

Bass and Treble is a way better name than Forte and Gospel
Also the Rockman thing probably has to due with how it would make people ask
>Why is he called Rockman if he doesn't have rock powers?

>All these people missing OP's point.
user isn't even complaining about them calling it Mega Man, but on trying to make stuff that doesn't need a rename "mega" related when everyone knows about Rockman. Like changing War Rock into Omega-xis.

How do you explain X6's jank supreme
Metal Shark Player > Duff McWhale

we don't have any confusion because we just call them claw, boxer, and dictator respectfully. I always forget who was who in the original aside from the fact that Balrog was M. Bison. They didn't wanna get sued by Mike Tyson.

I think it's
Balrog - M. Bison
Vega - Balrog
M. Bison - Vega

Because he has Rock Paper Scissors powers.

You'd be right. Vega was changed to M. Bison because Vega was too female sounding in the opinions of the localizers.

>Like changing War Rock into Omega-xis.
whoa hold up his name was WAR ROCK

They literally just had to change M.Bison (Balrog's) name to something else. I don't know why they bothered with the three person name swap. Just call him B.Buffalo or someshit if you're so afraid of people making the connection between Bison and Tyson.

I think the localization switch between M. Bison, Balrog, and Vega actually fits their respective characters better than their original names but I may just be biased since this is what I always knew them as.

Yep. And like they said in the OP, in ZX the characters shouted ROCK ON instead of Mega Merge. The DS Mega Man games got fucked by the insistence from Capcom to not reference the Rockman part of the brand.

X6 was rushed, there's engrish everywhere

It would probably be way easier to switch the names around than change or add new names completely.

Capcom is a bunch of retards. What else is new?

because rock paper scissors boss weakness.

Rockman > Cutman > Elecman > Rockman

X6 was low quality all around outside of music. It was in development for less than a year.

Capcom also didn't care about the west when it came to Megaman. Heck the mainline classic games lost all their subtitles "Mystery of Dr. Wily" and whatnot.

Attached: Protoman pilots a scopedog.jpg (1086x821, 80K)

Megaman sounds cooler than rockman and always will, deal with it weebcuck

I think we can all agree that Light>Right

>B.Buffalo
lel
ya I actually remember reading that it was something about the character limits in the rom itself so they did it the easiest way possible
to be fair it's pretty badass. MAGUMA STUREAM

Wright.

Except Rockman doesn't have the rock for the rock paper scissors, Gutsman does, so that doesn't even make sense

But he's red and grey.

You can't call him Rockpaperscissorsman. It's shortened for efficacy.

That was part of the idea behind it, not actual rock paper scissors powers. At that point you might as well ask "Why isn't Elecman's power paper then?"

Attached: 1523053883974.jpg (404x389, 43K)

Wasn't it changed because there was an american company called Rockman and it would've created a legal dispute?

cut it out

The thing about Rock Man is that the west associates ___ Man with superheroes and powers. Not only that, Rock Man sounds like a scuffed X-Men character.

I look up the boss weaknesses before I play through a mega man game. I also save state at checkpoints so I don't have to replay the level if I run out of lives.

Rock Man was already a marvel character, but yeah it went no where.

>Sigma
>doesn't Sigma anything

Sigma what?

user NO

>Also; you're forgetting the whole of X5 name change to Guns and Roses names, because Claire Redfield's VA did it for her husband.
Thank god they fixed that shit in one of the Megaman x collections

Attached: somephonefilename.png (1200x2400, 114K)

sigma balls

This

It was a different time.

isnt rock megamans actual name before becoming a robot or whatever? i dont remember the lore behind it that well

You forgot the worst one:
Mythoids becoming Mutoids. What the fuck?

Then move to Japan, faggot

It is.

He was always a robot. He was never human.

Before becoming a super fighting robot
Some games like Powered Up and 11 call him Mega instead of Rock though

It's a music reference, and great music has always been integral to the series.

Thing is, adapting that as is doesn't carry the same connotation in the west. In Japan "rock" is associated with the genre, but here it's associated with the stone first and foremost.

>Fixes the Maverick names in X5
>Doesn't fix the horrible Engrish in all of X6

The Mega Buster is super-effective on Cut Man, so in a way, Rock really does beat scissors.

Hell, the original MMX Collection said they were going to fix X6's dialogue and also a few other issues (like Zero's dive-slash in X6 and redubbing X4 with better VAs), but Capcom thought the PSP remake of X1 would lead to the whole series being redone and demanded no changes be made.

I call him Rock when he's not in combat attire. Funny enough, Roll went unchanged from the start. Blues also fits Proto Man's overall backstory and concept very nicely.

Attached: d2e33fa45351e4859a07a7c49837416c.png (705x588, 210K)

I don't mind the English names but renaming Yamato Man to Japan Man in Battle Network 3 was very fucking retarded and beyond illogical.

>Changed Forte to Bass because people don't know how to pronounce Forte
>They mispronounce Bass in Mega Man 8 anyway
kek

Isn't Bass's dog called Treble?

So it's Bass and Treble, which is a catchy duo name and also an appropriate music reference.

All that extra effort had to go into fixing the metal glitch in X8 I guess.

Just imagine. Eventually it'll be dub and step. Or electro and house

>Electro has a half buzzcut, obnoxiously large glasses, and a lip ring
>House is an asshole with a limp

>Replicant
>gets changed to "Reploid"
>"Tears in rain" gets changed to
youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA

I'd actually be half okay with that

Same, Rock and Blues are good "real" names for them with Mega Man and Proto Man as something they use when fighting.

The wolf was Gospel in Japan. Hence Netmafia Gospel attempting to create Bass.exe

Pretty much what SEGA did with Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, yes.

>Forte->Bass

this was done because of Gospel. since NoA was still being dicks regarding religious references, it was changed to another musical reference. Bass and Treble is a better pairing than Forte and Gospel (it should have been Forte and Piano) anyhow

Here's your download code, bro.

Attached: MICRO SD CARD MAY BE REQUIRED, LET'S HOPE THE DOWNLOAD CODE HASN'T EXPIRED YET.jpg (922x1500, 286K)

It's just Rockman.exe in japan, liar.

Attached: DziJbkcVYAA2fyW.jpg (2311x2459, 713K)

Forte and Gospel is less of a recognizable linked reference than Bass and Treble, so the latter still wins out from a marketing perspective.

Attached: 1563374163127 Sera.jpg (961x1200, 168K)

Attached: 1563374289698 Sera.jpg (574x1200, 69K)

Attached: b6cb7e5e10b5c2813306a1ba15b77e55.jpg (1403x992, 345K)

Never said it didn't. Just saying Treble's name was changed too. Your post implied you weren't aware of that.

I knew it was changed, just not what the original was.

My intended message was that they were changed for recognizably reasons, which is perfectly fine and valid in my opinion.

Attached: 0390ccd9576e72be014e3af760a0e582.jpg (740x800, 255K)

Before SEGA lost their minds and erased all mention of the name Robotnik in Japan. Any use of the name these days is a non-canon-to-Japan localization choice, usually as a joke.

Attached: MML2SeraView.jpg (776x707, 101K)

>non-canon-to-Japan
That's interesting because rumor goes some games (such as Generations) were written in english first, then localized to japanese.

Attached: Yuna&Sera.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Megaman is also a shitty fucking name in english since audiences will immediately think his powers have something to do with growing to mega size.

Tails' Robotnik reference in Generations is changed to "Two Eggmans?!" in Japan.

literally no one in the history of mankind fucking thought that, and you are a step behind evolution for having even mentioned that as a refutation

t. weebtard

Attached: 020.jpg (600x450, 53K)

But yeah, that's a case of Japan being the one localizing stuff. Then again, that all started because of prior American localization.
Strange, isn't it?

Attached: 0a198563.jpg (1037x1162, 405K)

>Rockman was changed because they were afraid people would go "but he doesn't fire rocks."

Attached: 1536294502595.jpg (559x553, 45K)

What a Chad.

>Rockman was changed because fucking Sony already had a product with that exact name and nobody wants to get lawyer'd into oblivion.
ftfy.

Why is Guns and Roses bad?

And by that I mean a Capcom exec pretty much just said "The title was horrible."
Sorry.

That's not even entirely true. In the West, you can easily tell when the word rock is referencing the musical genre. Maybe if you've never heard of Megaman/Rockman, and you just hear his name, but with literally any context, it's pretty apparent when you are/are not talking about stone

I see what you did there...

Nothing is worse that FF7's localization. They fucking called the men in black "Turks". So get off your high horse, megadick.

Attached: Sera's butt.png (1665x1530, 206K)

Get off yours fancuck. Go suck off SE cock for another episode.

>he thinks they were Tux
I bet you think the characters are named Alice and Claude too.

Mega Man is a way better name than Rock Man, though. His civilian name is Rock, you don't see Clark Kent calling his secret identity "Clark Man." Irregulars just sounds like they need to drink more prune juice. Bass and Treble actually make sense, unlike Forte and Gospel.

Megamerge is some bullshit, though.

Attached: 48c.png (400x301, 153K)

Attached: 1563374258230 Sera.png (600x800, 178K)

Attached: 1563372250248 Sera Yuna.jpg (1911x3045, 616K)

This series really needs more bondage, ryona, and the like. I know the BN anime directors would say I'm right.

That's what you complain about? Not them translating rude pronouns as censored swears? >"Teme Cloud" becomes "Cloud you @%$!"

They arent changing the franchise's name 20 years later

the only time this has been an issue is in legends, every other time "mega man" makes as much or more sense as "rockman" or he has a second name anyway like exe and it's just an alias

We could have entire threads about FFVII's awful localization. We could open a damn general if we included all other languages it was "translated" into.

>robot named Rockman
>has nothing to do with rocks
That's why. Yes, rock music, HOWEVER that doesn't really fit the character either. Robots in these games almost always have names that reflect who they are and what they were built for. Mega Man implies that he is the ultimate robot that has the potential to use all the powers.

Wait, were they called something different initially?

rockman is a fucking retarded name

Yes, they were called the Armenians.

>rockman
>doesn't use rocks
>has nothing to do with rock music
It was always a completely random and nonsensical name

who the fuck cares its all an astroboy rip off anyways

>characters keep calling him "Mega" despite people knowing the character's name is Rock
This is the only one that still bothers me.
Every other name change I'm fine with or indifferent to.

>Not having the shopkeeper call you Hippopotamus

How the fuck did music themed names ever make it out of the drawing room? Its a futuristic world with robots shooting lasers and killing shit
>somebody call the maestro, andante and c-sharp are on the loose!
>we need rock and roll and blues to help!

>we could had got DOMON voicing megaman in X4 with a new dub
>a certain fuckwit was scared because it would touch his baby creation that is zero

Attached: 3c4.png (500x738, 225K)

>character in astro boy called rock
oh shit

His name being Mega now is all that really pisses me off. Sounded awful in Powered Up and hate that it's here to stay

fuck off weebs

*This post was automatically generated by weebsquasher- bot for removing weebs

The only chsngeni dint agree with is the insistence of calling him Mega outside of his combat mode. They could have just called him Rock in Powered Up, but they didn't.

Based

Rock n' Roll and also Blues

Waifu if the year

>Tezuka is being ripped off day in and day out
what a chad

>but Capcom thought the PSP remake of X1 would lead to the whole series being redone and demanded no changes be made.
According to Protodude'a insider, it was a decision by Inafune, not Capcom, because he believed it would take away interest from Maverick Hunter.

Regardless, it was a broken promise.

SOUL:
>Grizzly Slash
>Duff McWhalen
>Squid Adler
>Izzy Glow
>Dark Dizzy
>The Skiver
>Axle the Red
>Mattrex

SOULLESS:
>Crescent Grizzly
>Tidal Whale
>Volt Kraken
>Shining Firefly
>Dark Necrobat
>Spiral Pegasus
>Spike Rosered
>Burn Dinorex

Gottem

I think it's important to specify who broke it. X Collection was sounding like it was going to be the definitive way to release a game Collection, and one man's decision ruined it.

Forgive me bros. Mega Man X DIVE looks fun and I'm hyped for it.

Attached: ajuIZ06.jpg (579x329, 25K)

japan loves their silly english name puns. just look at fucking dragon ball for instance all the saiyans are named after vegetables and bulma's family is named after underwear

Legends is the only game where this really bothered me, because calling him Megaman in casual contexts is really jarring. They could have probably called him Rock Volnutt in that game and saved "Megaman" for the "Megaman Trigger" reveal.

Attached: 1554686239559.jpg (960x626, 132K)

Forte and Gospel don't have any connection beyond generic music terms. Treble and Bass are your two main clefs and work on the same principle as Rock and Roll.

I'd go with Drum & Bass, then you'd need a Rhythm for Blues

The size of his power is mega

wait why is everyone saying it was a big deal. i only played the first legends and died at the final boss and never played again.

>Rubber Man becomes Bounce Man
>Pile Man becomes Impact Man

In Legends there's no indication he's anything other than "Human" like everyone else. He's not a creation of anyone, as far as the people calling him "Megaman" are concerned. In Legends, his given name is literally "Mega Man", not even "Mega". The fact that he's not "Human" (or Carbon) is supposed to be a twist, when he is told he's a "Purifier Unit" called Megaman.

thats cool. i wanna play legends now.

Rubber Man was changed because rubber is slang for a condom

Pile Man was changed because it genuinely doesn't sound that good to a native or fluent English speaker

The first three games were "Battle Network Rockman.EXE"
Starting from the fourth game, they dropped Battle Network and became just "Rockman.EXE"

>that doesn't really fit the character either.
Are you some kind of retard? Musical references have long been a part of the robotics community. Capcom played off that with Rock and Roll.

It's not bad

This is the type of stuff that happens since Japan can't possibly have known everything American's would have liked or been okay with at the time when we were much less interconnected with the world. I personally prefer him to be Mega Man. We have Superman so we needed a Megaman.

>Maybe if you've never heard of Megaman/Rockman, and you just hear his name, but with literally any context, it's pretty apparent when you are/are not talking about stone

If you didn't see the character and just heard the name, you'd think it was some Rock-Themed Super Hero, perahaps a member of the superfriends.

mavericks sounds a billion times better than "irregulars". what the fuck are you smoking

Imagine the first game came out. Roll only appears at the end of the game, and isn't even named. The only names you see are characters who have super obvious names like "Cut" and "Bomb" (lol "Guts")

So, "Rock" would most likely be associated with rocks

X6 is still tolerable if you do an X only or Zero only run. Fuck not being able to share upgrades though. that's some fucking dumbass bullshit right there.

Peak autism

Rockman sounds retarded desu, but so does calling him Mega in stuff like Powered Up. His regular persona should be called Rock and his superhero identity should be Mega Man.

>Heck the mainline classic games lost all their subtitles
I never understood why, really. Maybe they thought longer names would damage sales?

Get the patch tweaker. Once you trimm the fat the game even becomes fun

Basically every non Briefs or Buu character is a food pun. Frieza and his crew are all things you find in a fridge or freezer, and his family are cooler and cold. Yamcha, Oolong, and Puar are all teas.

Then there's the DoGs and company, who are all booze.

This so much. Giving normal X an air-dash actually makes him usable.

Because the series got super popular during the NES era and it'd be far more of a headache to try to reverse its early localization decisions than just rolling with it. There's just too much baggage at this point.
It's the same reason you're never going to see Boxer, Dictator, and Claw with their original names outside of Japan even though everyone and their grandma knows the history behind it. At least they thought of a clever workaround for Charlie/Nash.

UDON thought of combining the names into "Charlie Nash" long before Capcom dud.

Yeah, but Capcom was at least smart enough to borrow the idea and make it canon.

Dragon Quest was Dragon Warrior until PS2. Also, the Mega Man name was almost adopted in Japan, but Capcom axed Universe and that didn't happen

Dragon Warrior never really got on the same level of popularity as Mega Man

>characters keep calling him "Mega" despite people knowing the character's name is Rock.
This is the most frustrating thing. It feels like there's a group of people who are trying to make the English version's given name Rock and "hero" name Mega Man, which makes sense, and then another group of people who keep forgetting this and instead make his given name and hero name the same but with "Man" slapped on the latter like the Japanese version.

I wouldn't call it bad localization. Almost none of the changes are worse than the Japanese version, they are just different.

What did 11 do?

What about Rockman DASH to megaman legends?

Attached: Crap, I'm a Teacher at a Black Gyaru School! - Crap, I'm a Teacher at a Black Gyaru School (1300x1870, 574K)

What about it? Besides the Mega thing it had a pretty straightforward localization. Even had a pretty decent dub too.
Also rip sadpanda

He's called that because he is the sum of all evil.

Actually, there are two spoilery weird things about the localization that stand out. In English he's called Mega Man Volnutt, and in Japanese he's called Rock Volnutt. Which takes away from the reveal that he was originally called Rockman Trigger, since he's just called Mega Man Trigger in the English version. Also, they changed "Irregular" to "Aberrant Units", losing the original reference.

There's also the fact Vega's an actual spaniard surname.

you seem to have knowledge about the DASH series.
Can I ask you, why is the nostalgia and memories so hot when i replay mml1 after years? but now i start mml2 and remember like nothing. also whats up with the sudden weirdness in the story?
im scared of playing because no 3rd obviously... should i take the story lightly or ignore?

>>Irregular->Maverick
>Slightly less awkward, conveys the same meaning.
actually it doesnt. in Japan, it's irregular. lowercase. It's an adjective. which is very easy to understand. Robots rebelling because they are behaving irregularly. even a kid can understand that. Maverick makes it a bit more abstract. Thats literally lingo. Lingo which is not as simple and descriptive, and becomes viewed as more of an affiliation kind of term, like "Communist" or "Nazi".

I don't know what is better between
>Warrock and Omega-Xis
>Geo Stellar and Hoshikawa Subaru
The rest of the SF cast has nice names in both but these two are the ones I can't decide on the best

Attached: d7y5ow0-0d87d09f-3ce8-4368-bd9c-296c63364f00.png (400x150, 167K)

Reploid was actually "Repliroid" in japan.

that would be fine, if not for games insisting on also calling him "Mega" which infuriates me

Are carbons human or reploid or something else?

DASH was always a weird title to begin with considering it stands for "Digouter's Adventure Story in the Halcyon days"
which is a long confusing mouthful.
Legends doesnt really describe anything either, but it's simple and catchy I guess

not him but not sure what you mean here. What do you mean by sudden weirdness?
and what do you mean take the story lightly or ignore? Just play the game like a normal human bean. The story is part of the game, especially in the Legends games, which lean more towards the rpg side of the story spectrum compared to say, classic, which is light on plot.

Attached: mml_nurse_by_rongs1234-d52rsvj.jpg (600x800, 150K)

>Rock On becomes Mega Merge
This one I'm alright with because the Biometal users were, naturally, changed from being called Rockman to Megaman. What I might complain about is that one boss in ZX Advent who keeps forcing the word "MEGA" into his dialogue. Just let him say Rock, he uses a fucking guitar anyway.
>characters keep calling him "Mega"
This one I don't get. Even in English version's lore, his real name has always been Rock. It says as much in the MM4 opening, and I think the MM3 credits sequence, and that's just off the top of my head, letalone what any manuals might say.

Hearing anyone call him "Mega" sounds so stupid. The only time I can think of where it makes sense is when Roll.EXE does it in Battle Network because he's not Rock there.

Something else. You could say that they're some sort of fusion between the two.

something else, but probably in line with the next step in evolution of Reploids.

We dont really know a whole lot about Carbons. We assume they are human, because most of the Legends world is sort of stereotypical late 20'th century and technology seems to be around that period too, and yet you have weird cyborgs running around like Barrel and Teasel the like, and Megaman himself with no real explanation.

Mega Man and other Elysium units are clearly artificial in nature and basically some sort of artificial being as well, yet are, apparently, similar enough to Carbons that Megaman was able to be raised among them with no issues.

tl;dr, the way Zero and ZX were trying to push things, With Reploids and Human merging until the two are almost indistinguishable, Carbons Are basically the ultimate evolution of that. They are not Humans. But they are basically artificial humans. They are born, grow old, procreate, and die just like Humans, but are artificial in species origin.

Mega man is better. Suck my dick.

old memes and image macros are pretty funny now that we actually have the games

Attached: 1376097253365.jpg (600x450, 47K)

well because if the story ends in captive cliffhangers i will feel empty again.... i literally forgot everything about this game. and weirdness i mean compared to the first, the story begins with heavy question marks. who did i free? why is rolls mother alive? who are all those people??

Attached: Megaman 9.jpg (1142x1171, 469K)

It just be that way. If you forgot the story, then just replay it again and enjoy remembering it. Dont be autistic about it, user

Holy shit that's old. Also, damn.

If not for DmC failing that image could have been real

If you played MegaMan Battle Network, this is why ProtoMan's chip is always B code.

12 years is a long time for a sequel to a series that had almost yearly installments. people figured, with Battle Network and X series still in some swing, that classic was basically done.

Navis think of MegaMan as a Navi first and foremost. It's really only Lan and Yuichiro who call him Hub.

I don't think Haruka even calls him anything other than MegaMan.

here's some more old.
'member this?
youtube.com/watch?v=bYpXYylBBcM

rockmanpm.com/i/flash/megamanx8lol.swf

holy shit these take me back

ok i will, i forgot talking to npcs explains story.
should i hit class A immediately or wait? last question then i continue playing knstead of being autistic.

I think Maverick ends up filling the role better in the long run precisely because it's lingo, later on in the X series "Maverick"/"Irregular" starts becoming an arbitrary label for political enemies.

yeah but that also works well with irregular, because it isnt just a political label. it is a genuine threat that is tossed as a political tool.
It's not like calling someone a Nazi, it's like calling someone psychopathic

Needs new pics to do the same with MM12

That edgy reboot almost could have been a thing, and thankfully i'm glad it never became real. Rebooting MHX into a TPS with X as a faceless freak takes away the point of what Reploids are supposed to be.

Except Capcom's been trying to roll back Mega Man's civvie name being Rock for almost 20 years now and it hasn't stuck.

>Is the same reason you're never going to see Boxer, Dictator, and Claw with their original names outside of Japan even though everyone and their grandma knows the history behind it.

Calling the Boxer fighter "Boxer" is insanely retarded tho. It'd be like calling Ryu "Karate"

I'm aware, I'm just saying that calling him "Mega" is awkward.

>Rockman
>Gets changed to "Mega Man."
>His sister being named Rush no longer makes sense.
>Protoman was originally named Blues
>Rock, Roll and Blues
>Bass and Treble were originally Forte and Gospel

Western localizations were a mistake.

Attached: 1536149499315.png (1334x1577, 736K)

>Irregulars
>Changed to "Mavericks."
You mean black reploids?

Attached: 1553713702697.png (354x192, 6K)

>/pol/fags are have to paint their furry porn in their respective ideologies

Attached: 10806-Pathetic.jpg (500x275, 47K)

Nigger I never go to /pol/

Is it Megaman or Mega Man?

Attached: 1563006912610.png (1000x647, 1.14M)

>House is an asshole with a limp

Attached: 1560295221101.gif (216x329, 10K)

What the hell is Inafune doing nowadays, anyways?

>being named Rush
*Roll
I have the autism

Bass and treble makes sense. They named the girl "Roll" because it's supposed to be Rock and Roll but his name isn't Rockman in English so it just makes no sense at all. It's just all mixed up for no reason

Last i knew his company was bought by some China corp so he is probably spaming epic game store threads on Yea Forums or farming gold in mmos

I spell classic Mega Man and X Megaman X

It reads better as Megaman, but it's officially Mega Man.

Boxer is an actual title though. Boxing is the art itself.

I mean that's Balrog/M. Bison's whole character, he's a giga nigga boxer.

Docta wywee

Generations did it best, referring to past Eggman as Robotnik for those who grew up with the Genesis.

What are you buying?

Attached: X.jpg (878x1200, 289K)

And in another twist, Hub was Site in Japan.

How is Rock Volnutt artificial though? You can’t tell at first glance since like you said he looks and acts no different from any other human, he grows old like them and he does have normal clothes.

A boxer is what you call somebody who participates in the sport of boxing. You don't call people karates if they do karate.

>rock man
>has a rock opera

It's basically a tradition at this point.

Every humanoid character still alive in the Legends series is artificial. The Master was the last human and he dies before the series begins.

Don’t they still have flesh and blood and blood relations though?

The ones that weren't the OG generation made by the humans/reploids, yeah.

So you’re saying that applies to people like Tron and Roll along with their families but not Rock? Is he all circuity underneath compared to them?

I assume it didn't get changed back in later games after he stopped looking like M Tyson is because of how iconic Sf2 went on to be.

Attached: xzone2-bison-vega-eng.jpg (500x300, 41K)

They're bio-robots that can reproduce.

They went over in this in ZX, they advanced technology to the point where you can make a robot that can get fucked and have a baby because they figured that would stop the robot wars.

Doesn’t sound any different from humans then.

I don't think it's made clear whether Rock and Sera and Juno and such are different from carbons in any way. Rock is certainly able to age, he was found by Barrell as a baby and grew like a person would. Carbons are artificial, and potentially mechanical, but on such a small scale that tearing them apart wouldn't reveal circuitry (unless they have mechanical augmentations like Barrell), they'd probably look as much like humans on the inside as they do outside. The human body is basically just an organic robot anyway, sufficiently advanced robotics would be able to simulate all of its functions. All we know about carbons that sets them apart from real, non-fictional humans is that they have the ability to augment themselves with explicitly mechanical components and it doesn't seem to be very difficult for them despite having a comparatively low-tech society.

Trigger is, as far as we know, a Reploid. A Maverick Hunter at that (they just didn't localize Irregular in Legends). But yes, the Caskets and Bonnes aren't human, they're carbons. Though they're practically more similar to real humans than the humans that created them considering ZX.

That's the point. They figured that eradicating the difference between humans and robots (Humans cyborg themselves up, robots make themselves have voluntary life spans and the ability to reproduce) would end the conflicts.
In practice... not so much.

Bottom left

>In practice... not so much.
But it worked, ZX onward there are no racial conflicts. Just generic greed and power hunger. Its a shame it took until MMZ4 for the games to shows us reploid-hating humans

And it's teased at the end of Hard Mode that the world's leader knows everything is so fucked up that the only option left is to nuke everything and start over.

Just know that's the kotobukiya model kit, you gotta build it. I'm sure you knew that already though, if you wanted it

I literally thought he was supposed to be a rock or something in the time between reading the OP and this reply chain.

Nothing is fucked up. Albert just tought peace was making people lazy and complacent and since we are never getting ZX3 im going to discard Thomas as non-canon.

>bad
all of those are better.

Attached: 1243912647198.jpg (1309x574, 220K)

Except that canonically everything gets literally nuked to hell and back in a giant conflict, and a big part of Master albert's issues were feeling that the world's emphasis on insuring human and reploids came to peace with each other ended up trapping the world in a state of stagnation without evolution.

You can tell that PxZ's localizers were having a lot of fun with it.

It’s certainly night and day compared to the first PxZ.

>and a big part of Master albert's issues were feeling that the world's emphasis on insuring human and reploids came to peace with each other ended up trapping the world in a state of stagnation without evolution.
Protip, motivations that involve "evolution" are ALWAYS meaningless villain psycho babble.

>every person who works for Freeza is named for a food you'd commonly find in a fridge or freezer
>the Ginyu Tokusentai are all named for dairy projects, a staple or what would commonly be seen
>Freeza himself is named for a Freezer (originally intended to be a pun on Fridge though)
>the Freezer's dad is Cold
That pun scheme was so good. Shame only the Ginyus got their own insert song, imagine if the Freeza Forces got a Red Ribbon tier insert song where every pun gets a namedrop.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmplZojOZJY

youtube.com/watch?v=2spez2GClXA

Attached: 1494079171666.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

This

Attached: 5067226i.jpg (500x600, 76K)

Attached: 44631895_p2.png (700x800, 223K)

The only issue is when they call Mega Man "Mega" in his civilian look, it sounds fucking stupid

Attached: 75672060_p0.jpg (640x640, 327K)

It seems alright in The cartoon!

Attached: fullycharged.jpg (958x495, 60K)

Don't remind me

they call him aki in his civilian look in the cartoon