Mother Anniversary Thread

Let us Review:

-Hero not released on the Weekend like every other DQ product

-Absolutely nothing for MOTHERs 30th anniversary

Not looking good so far, Nintendo, not looking good at all.

Attached: lucas-smash-ultimate-625x352.png (625x352, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebssl.jp/fm2/enq/mother30th/q.php
youtu.be/j1MVrc5SvC8
youtu.be/9spx3TdHtuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why the fuck are you surprised? They did shit for Wars when it turned 30 years last year.

F-Zero will turn 30 next year, Watch them not doing anything.

it's just the spirit event and maybe a tweet from nintendo

user, thats not "something" thats not a commemoration of any kind. Thats just lazy bullshit they set up their intern to do. Effortless tripe.

exactly
that's all you're getting, now go fuck yourselves

Fuck you man

>Mother 30th Spirit event
>Porky and Giygas still missing

Attached: 7819767_p0.jpg (1348x1192, 1.84M)

At this point, I'm sure Porky is a DLC fighter, but they cant exactly hint to that when they have no trailer, right?
So my guess is that they didnt have anything lined up because they were working on Porky.

Attached: 1564231097795.jpg (250x140, 5K)

What the fuck are you wanting them to do? The series is finished. Just enjoy the games you have.

There is no precedent for Nintendo to ever revisit this series.

Fuck Nintendo love to advertise a game they've never released outside of Japan.

Idk, maybe put the games on the Switch?
I mean, is it that hard to acknowledge the series?

you'd figure eb beginnings would have been a pretty high priority, it was a 'new' release in an official capacity on wii u.

Ah, so you're a port beggar. Just emulate them on anything else. You can play them even on your phone. I'd rather they dedicate resources to making actual new games (although they haven't been doing so hot on that front lately, either).

I know I can play them anywhere, I already have, you dumbass, why do you think I'm clamoring for any sort of acknowledgement for one of the few good IP's Nintendo has?

Kill yourself retard, tons of other series got jackshit

Today was the time to do a teaser if so.
I'm losing faith bros.

Attached: 1564085135044.jpg (850x602, 202K)

I want to believe.

Attached: IMG_000035_1.png (400x400, 13K)

Remake Mother 1.
Porky for Smash.

> for one of the few good IP's Nintendo has
Nintendo has more good IP's than bad ones you dumbass, the only bad one is Urban Champion

I want to fuck that gyiiyiyigyias

Yeah sure, alright, a bunch of legacy IPs that have only gotten worse over time that sure is a great lineup.

Zelda sure as fuck hasnt gotten any better since Wind Waker.

Zoomerfaggot

wind waker was a repetitive slog, why use that as an example of a high point

>Literally a survey on the Nintendo site asking what fans want from the Mother series
>But because Smash Bros hasn't added your fat brat, you're getting mad
Jesus user. For once we actually have a glimmer of a future for the series and you're ignoring it. Hero will be dropped at the end of EVO.

How about that official western Mother 3 release people have been asking for almost a decade and a half?

You just jammed your foot straight into your mouth.
Because they would never be able to do the game nearly as much justice as Tomato's translation. Just look at how Fire Emblem games get localized.

Fuck off, many great games doesn't even have a fan-translation.

I like Duster.

Attached: Duster1.jpg (1200x630, 50K)

Oh no, user, dont point that out, muh fan translation invalidates supporting Shigesato Itoi

Attached: 1564215601995.jpg (4096x946, 412K)

because they're not great and only weebs play them

Fuck off.

Tell Itoi you want what you think of the series and what should be done next. Hope you can read japanese.

ebssl.jp/fm2/enq/mother30th/q.php

I didn't even mention any games you retarded Motherfag

Final DLCs are confirmed Monster Hunter and Doomguy/Slayer. I'd love Porky though, Smash can always use more Nintendo villains

>ness is literally a copypasted ninten
how did they get away with this?

>Japanese

No fuck off and stop crying about your irrelevant series.

maybe one day

Attached: giigu.png (388x637, 483K)

Hero will be released on August 3rd

>mother thread
>but it's a smash thread
mother series should've stayed dead

yeah you needn't have

I've never seen this much hostility in a Mother thread jeez

Attached: 1564079161822.jpg (480x360, 9K)

At the VERY least they should put Earthbound Beginnings on NSO.

>confirmed
Stop living in a fantasy, you can't confirm anyone at all.
You don't know a damn thing, stop pretending like you do

Motherfags are truly deluded and one of the worst fanbases Nintendo has. Imagine being this ungrateful and obessed over a franchise you know will not have more games.

Kill yourselves retards, waste of life all of you.

post good song to save this thread
youtu.be/j1MVrc5SvC8

Attached: duster.jpg (800x560, 346K)

if only the fags who want the series to stay dead would fuck off

Tomato Adventure and Custom Robo shits on Mother

>Monster Hunter being DLC
Why the fuck would this be negotiated in such a way
>Hey Capcom can we have a bunch more characters to put in Smash like Ken, Dr. Wily and Zero? We'd also want to represent Monster Hunter in some way, so perhaps Rathalos since he's one of the iconic monsters from the first game and the Hunter as a fighter?
>Sure, you can have Rathalos! We want to sell the Hunter as DLC later though when we've already given you the music and other series assets to use

Its literally 2 dudes trying to stir shit up. They came at the same time too

August 4th drop at EVO finals will be August 5th in Japan due to timezone differences, so the 7/11 poster being taken down the day before makes sense since it'd be replaced with an "out now" poster on the 5th.

Imagine being this mad just because a couple of motherfags want something. Just ignore them tard.

cope, dilate and keep seething, incel

>They came at the same time too
That's pretty gay, user.

Soon...

Attached: 1533607416540.gif (540x470, 84K)

At least you tried OP.

Attached: 014712.png (1620x1080, 199K)

lmao never ever, not even a round number

Zoomerfaggots

Cute!
Someone should do a Mother one now

Why are you even here you weirdo?

There's a new non-World Monster Hunter in development that's set to release next year, lead designer from the previous games is working on it. The DLC will coincide with the release of that game.

Because you retards act like your series is hot shit despite selling like shit and only is popular because of Smash

Tons of other series got nothing for their anniversary, yet you demand Mother gets something while ignoring anything else. Go fuck yourself retard.

Mother is about as boomer as it gets retard. I’m not even a mother fan I just wanted to tell you to shut up.

The question has probably been asked a million times before, but would you play a trilogy that focuses on remaking each game in 3D, in the style of the original clay models?

Attached: 1446980455088.png (210x195, 2K)

DOOM's 1-3 just released on the switch, DOOM 2016 is on the switch, and DOOM Eternal is coming to the switch near the end of the year. His reveal trailer will likely be around that time, since Banjo will be releasing around then too, so you'll have marketing buzz for both Smash's latest DLC and the new DOOM.

You're welcome, feel free to screenshot

The majority of the fans are zoomerfaggots as they didnt' give a shit about the series the 80's and 90's

You realize the guy in charge of MH doesn't want the player character to be the focus of the franchise and Sakurai respecting that is why only Rathalos is in Smash, right?

They didn’t even add any new Mother spirit

Attached: 1548691062946.png (266x195, 5K)

I severely doubt anyone would be against this.

I've barely even said anything jeez you're defensive

user the base roster was decided late 2015, just after Generations Ultimate came out in Japan. It'd have made perfect sense to be base roster. The fact it's already in the game like that is the same reason we aren't getting Waluigi. There's no point in them cutting/rearranging content in such a way just for the sake of DLC.

Besides, as said, the director doesn't want the PC to be the focus. It's an Alucard situation all over again, the Hunter might have been a great fit for Smash as a character, but he didn't best represent the series as a whole, especially compared to Rathalos. The same way as Alucard was planned for the CV rep but didn't use the whip or represent the classic games in any way, hence the choice for both Simon and Richter.

Yes, however Sakurai didn't have as much control over the DLC selection process, he's even said before it was mainly other people at Nintendo that made the decisions. Capcom isn't going to ignore their past decade-long partnership with Nintendo and completely bank on World's popularity when handling the series. At the time the new Monster Hunter started development it's unlikely they were even sure World would be a success. Capcom supports Sakurai's desires for Rathalos in the main game, and will benefit by getting free advertising for their next Switch Monster Hunter when it releases next year.

Attached: IMG_000078.png (350x350, 31K)

sales =/= quality
Mother 3 is one of the best games I've ever played, and there's nothing you or your incessant whining will ever do about it

Again though, you're looking at this from a design standpoint, and thus far all of the choices, even Banjo which helps Microsoft gather goodwill from the gaming community considering they royally fucked up this gen, were purely for marketing reasons.

ZOOM

Sakurai was given a list and made the decision from the fighters he thought were a best fit. He didn't have no choice in the matter.

Mother 3 suffered greatly due to it taking so long to develop, jumping platforms and coming out so late in the GBA's life.

What is Banjo marketing? If it was purely marketing focused we'd have Chief for infinite, only Luminary for DQ, etc.

The idea for this DLC is clearly using Smash as a platform for these characters to give them more widespread appeal and presence (DQ in the west for one) but at the same time that is also exactly why MH shouldn't be DLC. It doesn't need it. Someone like Travis would be much better off with that boost.

Only 1 and 2 are worth remembering.

Attached: eb__pokey_and_giegue_by_anniemae04-d96ss7h.png (1024x1385, 746K)

Attached: 1188896714_1.gif (450x581, 60K)

People can accept that Mother is a concluded series but hey really should just localize Mother 3 already. It's the only thing left for them to do. Pretty sure people would be satisfied if they just did that and no more.

Halo has never appeared on a Nintendo console outside that prototype DS game. Persona 5 is at least getting the musou game and Q2 on the 3DS by the way, it wasn't as unreasonable a pick as Master Chief. Banjo represents a lot in the hardcore, older gaming community and has appeared on Nintendo platforms. Microsoft, again, from cross-play to gamespass, is in a very delicate spot right now that benefits us consumers. Because they need all the goodwill they can get for their next generation console, collaborating with Nintendo by putting Banjo is was a good marketing decision.

I'm not saying I agree or feel like Monster Hunter should be the dlc, i'm saying that regardless of who I want (honestly i'm beyond satisfied with the roster), it will be either the 4th or 5th DLC character. Unless the Mii costumes are ported over to the Switch version of Smash, there's nothing working against it.

Travis would be better I agree, i'd love him, but No More Heroes 3 is too early in development for that to be feasible.

Something like the Link's awakening remake with a clay finish rather than plastic would be 10/10 kino

I'd also like to add that NMH 3 wasn't even a guarantee during Smash Ultimate's development

>complains about motherfags
>then turns to metroidfags out of nowhere

almost like Mother is a tiny niche game that only neckbeard autists give a fuck about

It wasn't, but Nintendo were the ones who approached Suda about bringing NMH to the switch, sometime around 2016 which is perfect for DLC decisions to be made. But I am letting my own biases weigh on that.

I think the fact that MH content is in the game already is working very heavily against it. Why would they hold back the character for DLC?

>literally mad because young people exist
tick tock tick tock

The only reason Mother ever got as much love as it ever did was because Iwata was president and he worked closely on the series.
He's not president anymore, and Itoi was never a real figure at Nintendo only tge people that worked with him really have any comnection to him. Sakurai isnt even a nintendo employee anymore either, so the most he can really do is the spirit board thing. Ishihara is president of pokemon company now. Not even Reggie who tangentially had a history with it because of Mother 3 is there anymore.

Only person still at nintendo with any real connection to the series is Miyamoto and he doesn't even do much anymore.
Face it the old guard is dead.

There is something working against it.
It’d be odd to have the Rathalos spirit away from all of the other Monster Hunter spirits if Monster Hunter did get in, and the Monster Hunter music doesn’t even have its own category. It’s just in the “Other” section.
Not to mention, Sakurai said that the DLC characters would be unexpected. So why would a Monster Hunter Rep get in if there’s already Monster Hunter content in the base game? Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Monster Hunter already happened, and it was in the form of Rathalos, a Rathalos spirit, and 2 Monster Hunter music tracks. Also considering the DLC was probably decided by August 2018, they might as well have just delayed all of the Monster Hunter content for DLC.

yeah, that one too
why are collarbones so hot?

Attached: 122.png (403x353, 272K)

Because it's a stealth smashfaggotry thread

she's pretty fit

Attached: IMG_000022_1.png (300x400, 15K)

Attached: sweat3.jpg (300x300, 47K)

This thread is weird.
I honestly want an Earthbound remake

Attached: 1564214306390.jpg (1100x738, 157K)

>Ness and the others wanted to destroy this Giegue

Attached: pbt.png (535x243, 27K)

how would it work ? ff7 remake style ?

Attached: 20th.jpg (1491x1691, 1.49M)

I was thinking more of a Behind the camera sort of perspective, or a fixed camera for every location would be cool too. A clay artstyle like the character concepts would be beautiful, I was thinking something like youtu.be/9spx3TdHtuY

Anime or cartoony artstyle. Either would work. I just hope they don't turn the combat into a batman pres triangle and smash square like ff15 was.

Attached: gsm.png (400x400, 19K)

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: Master Porky.png (819x590, 18K)

he was a lonely asshole

Attached: 5-MeO-DIPT_21.png (512x727, 292K)

Mother 2 is in my top 5 games of all time. I'm an old fuck so I played it when it came out, I actually bought the big box with the manual and everything. I was only 10 years old, a wee lad. I was not prepared for this game and it changed me forever.

Attached: earthbound_fanart2.jpg (579x828, 427K)

The fact the music is in the "Other" section is highly suspect and does work against the chances of Monster Hunter being in the game. I actually don't think it's that unreasonable to believe that they made a deal to just work on the Rathalos boss fight with plans to not necessarily "hold back" content, but not to develop or work on the MH character until the game's out and they start working on the DLC.

But the fact it's organized under "Other" is a good point for Monster Hunter NOT being the DLC character, since they've been doing a really tight-knit job with organizing the various properties. They could always simply patch it into another section, but nothing's been done like that and I admit it seems unlikely MH would be an exception.

Doomguy/Slayer is still basically confirmed though

It's one of those games I wish I played a long time ago as well.
What's your favorite part of it?

Attached: 1553884705680.jpg (900x1611, 363K)

source?

>Metroid got fucking Federation Force for it's 30th anniversary
What a fucking dark time that was

I'm gonna be straight up honest here. Aside from Eiji Aonuma and the Splatoon team, Nintendo basically died with Iwata. Everything they've been doing software-wise has gotten kinda bad since he passed and all of the projects they were already working on have now come out, and what do they have to show for the past couple years? Mario Odyssey and BOTW were in development before he died AFAIK.

who the fuck at nintendo thought that plastic finish was alright? if they just took that shitty looking shine off everything it'd look a hell of a lot better than it does now

>Completely forgot the anniversary was today
>Just woke up from a dream I was playing the original MOTHER/Earthbound Zero again even though it's been over 5 years now

That's kinda strange, maybe my subconscious was trying to tell me something.

Literally linked earlier in the thread. I thought it was through Nintendo, but it's through Famitsu.

Hmm..probably lumine hall. That scene was so incredible because all of a sudden Ness had a voice and everyone could see his thoughts on the wall and it just blew my mind. It was surreal

I hope nothing happens for the 30th anniversary desu. Earthbound is a shit game. Everyone goes through a phase and think earthbound is the greatest game ever and the best jrpg of all time when it's really one of the blandest jrpgs ever. Mother 1 and 3 are shit as well. I'm glad Nintendo is slowly forgetting this shit series.

A lot of what we're getting right now was clearly made during his later years. They've made no attempt to hide the fact that LM3 was originally planned as a Wii U game for one

He's a centuries-old jaded manchild playing simcity at the end of the world.

Attached: 1545078760198.jpg (925x1250, 585K)

I am just so underwhelmed by 3Houses and Pokemon Sw/Sh, it's crazy to me that graphics like that are acceptable-- and I'm not even like, a graphics whore, but these games cost so much money, why would I buy something like 3H over Yakuza or Final Fantasy?

Daily reminder that:
>ninten is a gary stu with asthma attacks
>ana is a thot
>teddy is filler
>ness is a mama's boy gary stu
>paula is a jobber
>poo is filler
>lucas is a beta bitch
>kumatora is used goods
>boney is a dog
>claus is literally soulless
>lloyd, jeff, duster and boney are the only good and useful characters

What's that? You say you want Wrecking Crew and Donkey Kong 3 this month? Granted!

Because 3H is the best FE game if you ignore the graphics

Like its far and above the best, the teaching sim just adds so much depth to everything

Attached: 1564221134797.gif (320x218, 555K)

So it's another Bloodstained type thing

>duster
>useful
good one

Attached: 1545262098846.jpg (1200x675, 928K)

Yeah basically

Pokemon is made by gamefreak, not by Nintendo. And gamefreak has been on a decline years before Iwata's death

t. Wess

To be fair, I'd be mad if my waifu degenerated to a maelstrom of psychic energy too

Attached: 1543970562453.png (640x512, 35K)

period is a scary thing

Attached: IMG_000054.png (300x400, 22K)