Titanfall thead

The campaign was surprisingly good

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Yep. My favorite FPS campaign of the decade.

I have never played the campaign but am pretty deep into MP, which is aurprisingly alive on PS4. Learning how to use doubletake rn, but decent with mastiff/car.

What is the best explosive and why is it satchel?
>you get two of em
>does obscene damage to titans
>does splash damage so you can down multiple titans
>can bait your enemies by running away, planting one, and triggering it as they run past

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-26-18-34-00.png (1080x2160, 1.61M)

I want it, on the switch.

multiplayer is still fun as fuck, always feel the urge to reinstall every couple months and been playing it recently a lot. Sad they cancelled titanfall 3 for apex, see how well that worked out for them

it is so fucking fun just running around, grappling and sliding while hip firing with the CAR

As someone who just finished the campaign, your "secondary" weapon can only be either a pistol or a anti-titan weapon?

Also, not really sure what to do when a Pilot gets up on my titan, back in the first game I just used the cloud thing

you have 3 guns
>primary
>secondary
>hold down weapon switch button to switch to anti titan gun
I'd reccomend making secondary a pistol wingman as you can also have an anti titan gun
>Also, not really sure what to do when a Pilot gets up on my titan, back in the first game I just used the cloud thing
I still use the cloud thing

>hold down weapon switch button
What? I'm a goddamn moron, explain it as if I had 10 IQ

Cloud thing plus popping out and doing damage control works best. Good players expect it, so immediately separating yourself from your Titan in better. I used advanced AI and just let my Titan do it's thing unless I can find and kill the pilot. Better to let the Titan go down then you also die.

you start off a round holding your primary weapon. Tap the weapon switch button (triangle on ps4, Y on xbox) to switch to your secondary weapon (pistol). Hold the weapon switch button down and you will switch to your anti titan weapon

Ah, I see now. Thanks, user.

Were anti-titan weapons available on the campaign? I never used them

Post 'em, pilots. Favorite
>tactical
>primary
>titan

Attached: 1551543178785.jpg (642x1200, 131K)

If you think they're good in TF2, wew lad. They were fucking unacceptable in TF1. They're actually toned down in TF2.

>grapple
>Lstar
>Ion
Wont use anything else

>pulse blade
>R201
>Monarch
Is there a more kino load out?

If Titanfall 3 is canceled, why is there so much Titanfall 2 threads? Every time this happens, a sequel appears.

Played a bunch on PC, but never really used satchels, just stuck with the safe option (firestar +shottie). It seems like tf1 was way more imbalanced, I can usually (70%+) top the team on ps4 whereas I'd always get shit on for tf1.

Does anyone else think we don't need tf3 this gen? They 1) won't make it because the studio will get run into the ground until apex is no longer profitable, but 2) tf2 was such a great sequel, just added onto a great game.

Superstitious or paranoid about muh shills? Either ways, you're retarded.

Protocol 3

Attached: 300px-Crying_Cat_screaming.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Grapple
Spitfire
And my wife Ion.

Attached: 1551718818282m.jpg (875x1024, 86K)

I wish Ion had a better main weaoon. That splitting rifle is ass.

Attached: 1551708150408.png (1004x900, 689K)

if you're playing with a competent team, stand still near teammates so they can shoot him off you. otherwise use smoke or bail out of titan yourself to shoot him off.

>cloak
>kraber
>scorch

Attached: Awfully_Hot.png (4927x7170, 343K)

The multiplayer is also the most fun I've ever had in MP. It has balance issues, no doubt, but just learn a bit of the movement, try to go fast, and play some music with a good beat.

I really want a sequel.

>grapple
>northstar
>wingman elite for a good time, alternator if I'm just trying to win

It absolutely does fucking not

Put the perk on it that makes the alt fire split five ways instead of 3 and it MELTS titans, especially on crit spots. Amazing at flat-out denying ronins and annihilating anyone you've got the flank on.

But then I'd get tid of that vortex damage increase that lets me dab on all Monarchs and Legions stupid enough to keep firing at me.

you can still dab on them, just more slowly. Aim for crit spots.

It's well worth it, trust me on this.

Isn't the fiveshot too spread out? You'd have to be up a Titan's ass to make them all connect. And that's not something you wanna do with Ronins and Scorches.

Protect the pilot.

God I fucking love faceless women in tactical gear.

I'm telling you if you land your shots with the 5-way you're killing ronins so fast it doesn't matter, as long as they're stupid enough to think they have the advantage in close quarters and don't block it.

Scorch obviously you should use more discretion, wait until thermal shield is down or you have a flank on a distracted one if you're going to try the splitter.

basically, the boost to vortex shield makes one of your already good options better. Vortex shield doesn't become useless if you take that off.

The splitter upgrade turns it from a weapon that gives you a forgettable damage upgrade in close quarters that often isn't enough to turn the tide into ridiculously high close range dps until you run out of energy, at the cost of leaving you at close range and out of energy if you don't kill them. It's a great option to have in a pinch or on a flank.