Honestly the Wii U had better games than the Switch

Why did it fail?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

"Wii U? I already bought that in 2006"
-normies

this is such a weak bait i'm gonna give a pity (You)

>Why did it fail?
Exceptionally bad marketing and the half baked gamepad idea meaning the system wasn't really even portable.

>this is such a weak bait
99% of the good games in the switch library is WiiU ports so OP has a point.

You can play anywhere.

I thought portable mode was a gimmick.
I was so wrong.
Even at home, I play in portable mode because it's confy.

Also, third editors games change everything.

It was a shit controller

Quit talking out your ass.

I bet you’re like those people that claim that Ultimate, Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2 are ports

Nobody knew what it was or thought it was a 300$ accessory
The marketing was below dogshit

More like expansions masquerading as full priced releases.

>You can play anywhere within wireless range of the Wii U console.
fix'0rd

Personally I have had the switch out of its home-dock for about 10 minutes to play Xenoblade 2 only to notice that the graphics suck and everything is too small. It's a decent console but why anyone would use it as a handheld is beyond me. I am aware that my use-case is the minority though.

They’re inferior sequels. The WiiU games are far better.

>Smash 4 better than Ultimate
Ok retard

Marketing, duh. Like everything.

You’re literally retarded and you should purge yourself from the genepool

t. Has never played any of the above

Actually correct OP
TW101
Pikmin 3
XCX
Virtual Console
All Wii games
Windwaker and TP HD
Switch still has a ways to go until it reaches Wii U-tier. The Wii U is a god-tier console. Hopefully it'll be at that level some time in 2020.

just because your opinion is the popular one doesn't mean it's right
I've never referred to something as "reddit" before, but this makes the cut

>I haven't played any of the games

Name sounded like an accessory rather than a new console. Hell, the first trailer at E3 2011 kept saying "New Controller" rather than console.

Just because your opinion is unpopular it doesn’t mean you’re cooler than the others

It literally only has SM 3D World and Wind Waker, and 3D World is guaranteed coming to the Switch sometime, since they already got the engine working on it for Captain Toad.

>TW101
It sucked ass and the only people that defend it are mentally deranged sentai fans

The WiiU games are just better. I don’t play my switch anymore, but I find myself going back to the WiiU. Smash 4 is more fun than Ultimate. The online is a heck of a lot more balanced.

The moment you said Ultimate is an inferior sequel... That is the moment Yea Forums hates you now.

They are though. The only other games on switch are a Mario 64 port and Assassin's Creed.

Is there a button on here that I can use to report you for... just being flat out wrong.

Literally can only name 3 games exclusive to the Wii U. Whew, lad.

Pleb
Pleb

3D World > Odyssey

Smash 4 > Ultimate... I seen guys on crack that make more sense than you.

Attached: BB652D2A-843D-47FA-BC1A-E47D9ED77A4F.png (605x358, 255K)

>Smash 4 is more fun than Ultimate. The online is a heck of a lot more balanced.
Stable, maybe.
Balanced? That's laughable.

W101 was actually damn great. It has a steep learning curve and can be confusing as fuck at first, so I almost dropped it as well. But once you get the hang of it, you feel like a boss when you play it right

Lilterally the only games that are worth a shit on the WiiU that aren't on the Switch or have a vastly superior version is Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade X

And neither of those games are worth buying a WiiU for.

Alright. Just going to point this out now.
Switch exclusives:
>Mario Odyssey
>Smash Ultimate
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel
>Splatoon 2
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country
>Snipperclips Plus
>Fast RMX
>Arms
>Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle
>Gal Metal
>Kirby Star Allies
>Mario Tennis Aces
>TWEWY ~Final Remix~
>Super Mario Party
>Pokémon Let's Go
>Dragon: Marked For Death
>Yoshi's Crafted World
>Pokémon Sword & Shield
>Animal Crossing: New Horizons
>Fire Emblem Three Houses
>Luigi's Mansion 3
>Town
>Daemon X Machina
>Yokai Watch 4
>Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
>Super Mario Maker 2
>The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
>Astral Chain
>Box Boy! + Boy Girl!
>Tetris 99
>Rune Factory 5
>Cadence of Hyrule
>Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games
>Bayonetta 3
>Metroid Prime 4
>Shin Megami Tensei V
>Steamworld Quest
>Blaster Master Zero 2
>Mary Skelter 2
>Omega Labyrinth Life
>No More Heroes 3
>Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega39’s

Nintendo exclusive multiplats/ports:
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
>Pokken Tournament DX
>Fire Emblem Warriors
>Bayonetta 2
>Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
>Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
>Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
>Code of Princess EX
>Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
>New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
>Rune Factory 4 Special
And more to be announced
Cannot be denied. Switch has more in it's hands.

Dude you responded to here. Both of those games are excellent and I would buy a Wii U for XCX alone. And Pikmin 3 is tight too, but it will probably get a switch release too

Irrelevant.
Quality beats quantity, and Wii U has more Quality products than Switch as it stands now.

Don’t list games that aren’t out yet. Haters will see them and say that the list doesn’t count and will flat out ignore the rest

switch has actual 3rd party support, numbnuts
what a fucking retarded ass thread

even rockstar said gta 6 is planned for the switch. when is the last time gta was on a nintendo device? the DS?

Yes, yes, let us all not forget my favourite games of all time on the Wii U is The Letter and Meme Run.

Switch has most of the Wii U's "quality" games amongst it's quantity.

Nintendo's stupidity of arrogance thinking it'd sell well just because Wii did, and the faggot average casual consumer who clearly has a phone and can search what is a Wii U but didn't yet do for the next iShit is also at fault. They just can't expect the company to force-feed them. Who oo they think they are? Dumb suffragettes?

I love the console very much, and if I had a favorite system, it'd most likely be it. It's too bad it didn't sell well.

But it does not have all of them, in fact the best of them is not on the Switch, and ALL of the regular Wii games are on Wii U, something that the switch does not at all have. You cannot play No more Heroes 1 and 2 on Switch, you cannot play Metroid Prime Trilogy on switch, you cannot blade Xenoblade Chronicles on Switch.
Wii U is god.

The point is to show what is coming and what the system has to offer. People do this all the time with PS4 and Xbox. Remember how RDR2 was on every "console exclusive list" despite it not being out yet.
Did you even read the damn list boy? Mario Odyssey is the king of platformers at this point. Miles better than the underwhelming Mario 3D World.

Some games look pretty good even in portable mode.
I am playing botw right now (I only bought the switch 2 months ago), and I never play it docked, so I don't know what I miss.

Those are literally Wii games. Not even Wii U. Your logic makes no sense and prove my point more.

Reading comprehension.
Back to school kiddo.

>Odysseyfags
It's the second worst 3d mario game ever.

>Lists 3 wii games, not even 3 Wii U ports as a reason the Wii U is better
Stop embarrassing yourself please, I own a Wii U but the Switch is better and has a better library of games that doesn't need to use Backwards Compatability to say so

Kill yourself

After 3D world

This and as far as i could tell it had zero fucking advertising. I found out it came out months after the fact on mcmillan’s blog. If you lack the Normie audience people aren’t going to want to develop for it even if the games have a fairly high attach rate.

Yes, I bought a 250$ Wii U so I could play Chicken Shoot for the Wii, and Imagine Babyz: Party Games. Instead of just buying a Wii for 45$, where I can play ALL my Gamecube games.

The Wii U should be the text book example of what happens when you don't market your product to the lowest common denominator.
Normies and parents had no idea what the fuck it was but everyone knew the switch was a portable tablet that played BING BING WAHOO

Attached: 1505838366637.png (479x362, 189K)

Attached: tenor.gif (492x342, 781K)

lmao, Odysseyfags really think Odyssey is better than Galaxy 1 and 2
I already listed TW101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X, WW and TP HD and Pikmin 3 earlier. Read the thread you illiterate mongoloid.

Zoomers on suicidewatch
Odyssey is the definition of an average 3d platformer. It's the most average Mario game ever made.

Yes. Honestly Galaxy 2 feels like Galaxy 1.5, and both were far too linear to boot.

Yeah and as I said those games alone don't tip the Wii U to be better then the Switch especially considering 2 of them are just ports that Nintendo made to try and tide people over for BOTW though I do love WWHD.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a person who believes in the cult of the giant flying spaghetti monster.

Galaxy games are almost the most overrated 3D Mario games to date just behind 64, here's your (You) now fuck off

Attached: Funky mode.png (300x266, 87K)

>BotW
Technologically inferior to WiiU
>Mario Maker 2
Missing features from 1
>Ultimate
Missing many features, feels incomplete, roster is a bloated mess. WiiU had the perfect amount of fighters.
>Odyssey
Not nearly as fun or soulful as 3D World

Lol, this guy trying to justify his purchase for a dead console. Don't worry bud, I'm by your si-.. Oh Wait! I bought a PS4, Xbox One and Switch! Just like everyone else.

Pikmin 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X and TW101, especially TW101, are all god-tier games better than anything on the switch.
Switch has
>BotW
Mid-tier Zelda game
>Odyssey
Mid-tier 3d Mario game
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2
decent Xeno game
>Three Houses
Decent Fire Emblem game
>Smash Ultimate
Pretty good fightan
>Splatoon
Pretty good shootan
There's not a single truly god-tier game on Switch, not a single one.

because it was called the Wii U and nobody knew if it was a new console or an add-on. ''you already have a Wii, Billy''

This.
Imagine believing that Odyssey is actually the pinnacle of 3D platformers, just imagine.

>Ultimate missing features
World of Light. Ain't no Subspace, but it was enjoyable. Yay! I'm going to play the literal what of a game mode "Master Orders" and "Smash Tour." Hey Yea Forums! We found the cutfag here! Calling the roster too big!

muh a-amiibo costumes

World of Light was fucking garbage compared to subspace and the Ultimate roster is objectively a bloated piece of crap with way too many irrelevant shit fighters. It's far from balanced. Ultimate is painfully average and is rated highly only because of the memes and not because it's actually fantastic.

Hey look everyone! It's the Mario 64 elitist FAGOLA who don't think his shit stinks! Not only a retard! But a furfag too! Everyone point and laugh!

>cutting characters in a fighting game is good
>cutting awful fucking game modes (while also adding better ones) is bad

You sound like a Melee elitist, the same one who shit his pants during a friendly match.

Consumers were confused whether or not it was a new console or just a Wii add on. The gimmick was half baked and only a few games used it well.

The Switch on the other hand had a unique identity and its gimmick makes sense. Consumers know it’s a handheld that can be docked, and that’s far more appealing.

Also if you’re talking about better games, do mean games like Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101? Sure the Switch doesn’t have those two, but it has a much larger library of third party releases and a lot of what the Wii U has except better.

>soul
>3D World

>fix'0rd
Are you from the past?

>Mario 64 argument even though I never even mentioned 64
Odysseyfags on suicidewatch
>never even mentioned Melee being the best, because it's not
Ultimatefags on suicidewatch

Putting soul next to 3D World is like mixing Red Bull and Milk.

all wii u games have been ported to switch

The Wii U is worth buying solely for Wonderful 101.
>having a bloated unbalanced roster in a fighting game is good
Play more fighting games pleb. Play some actual great ones.

>unbalanced
Literally git gud, it’s not that hard

>Pikmin 3 not on switch
>The Wonderful 101 not on switch
>Xenoblade Chronicles X not on switch

So tell me the story of how your parents were related before they got married? Wii U fag justifying his purchase 7 years later when everyone is laughing at them with their Chad-Switches. Now that is truly Holy Based! And is why Wii U Fags like you are on suicidewatch.

>git gud as an argument for shit balancing and bloated roster
plebs really are stupid.

>Mediocre game but pretty game in comparison to Pikmin 2
>A game nobody play
>A game no one remembers except you.

Honestly the Vita is the superior system. I should know, i have a screenshot of multiple handhelds. Therefore my opinion holds some weight to my outrageous claim.

Attached: 2018-07-19 08.54.14.jpg (1558x994, 840K)

>still mad at not having GOD TW101, Pikmin 3 and XBCX on switch
OH NO NO N ONON WHEEZE

Attached: 1556642358196.png (187x200, 27K)

Yes, because if you really think the game is unbalanced than you have to git gud. It’s not the game’s fault of you suck

>shit balancing
All Smash games have shit balancing though what the hell is your point?

>He didn't play TW101
Filtered, you missed out on a 10/10
Based as fuck

Attached: 1537636137923.jpg (450x495, 38K)

Smash 4 added Corrin... a literal who... think about that for a moment. While Ultimate adds K.Rool, Ridley, Banjo, Inkling and the Belmonts, Oh! And Isabelle. Not to mention the return of Snake and Cloud.

You're showing your hand now, Sounds like you found the only 3 non ported games and trying to claim they're the best for the sake of shitposting.

>all smash games having bad balancing is an excuse for Ultimate having the worst of them all
Ultimatefags on suicidewatch
>Balancing doesn't matter
Play more fighting games instead of babbys first

Odyssey fag here but, not gonna lie, 3D World looks soulful. Looking forward to the Switch port.

I did, and I enjoyed it... but no one played it. Wonder Red should have new life on the Switch, that way more people will play it.

>>all smash games having bad balancing is an excuse for Ultimate having the worst of them all
4's was far worse shitposter fuck off.

I had to take the Wii U away from my kid to force him to "upgrade" to the Switch because I felt like it was wasted money if he didn't use it. All he does on it is play Lego Undercover -- a Wii U port.

In order of significance:
The name
Smash bros not being exclusive
The controller looking and feeling like a Fisher Price toy

>Vita is the superior system.
Well, yeah. It's got the Jak, Sly and Ratchet HD trilogies on it. How is the switch suppose to compete with that?
pls sony port them to the switch, it's not like you're doing anything with them

Attached: 1548192056305.jpg (1000x600, 122K)

Anyone that owned a Wii U and a Switch will tell you it had better games. Also, the Wii U was a fucking rock. You would not believe how durable that controller was. It feels like cheap plastic but my god it's taken a decade of beating from my kids and still works fine. And they are NOT gentle. I seriously doubt the Switch will have the same lifespan.

The Switch had amazing marketing and a much better gimmick. Switch is a better console, but you're right the Wii U had a better library.

Look everyone! It's a sameposter! Let's all point and laugh at this retards unoriginality! Ha ha ha!

more like:
>release gamecube 1.2 with tennis rackets
>normies - buy buy buy
>third party devs: "Your hw is shit and crammed, we won't make a dedicated truncated version of our multiplats on your platform"
>Nintendo: "We must focus on normies"
>Nintendo: "Hey normies, have a Wii U - you can save on TV by playing on gamepad"
>Normies: "Hurr, it don't has tennis rackets and we has 3 TVs already - pass"
>Gamers: "Lol, Batman Ark Ham City"
>3,5 Nintendo drones: "Yay new Sebastian 4DMansion"
Fin

Switchlets on suicidewatch

It's not though. It's like a New Super Mario game in 3D. It can look pretty, but it reaks with unoriginality and linear gameplay. The typical grass, dessert, ice, dark, etc. world types is on full display here. And the secrets are kind of boring. It's fun for the family, but alone, you might as well play Sunshine.

I don't think you know how decades work.

You just copy/pasted off of some web site. How many of those would you have been able to name without a list to reference? Because 95% of them are completely forgettable.

I think your autocorrect fucked up here. I think it meant to say "WIIUlets on suicide watch."

wtf

Attached: 1550810741449.jpg (591x555, 54K)

Is your autism acting up again? Do I need to break it down to the exact second to soothe your meltdown so you can stop rocking and rubbing your thighs?

Don't even respond to him, I don't think he even owns a Switch. Copypasta should be ignored.

They're terrible ports with features missing.

It's called research for Switch games and actually playing/waiting for games, unlike what most of Yea Forums does. Watching YouTube Let's Play does not make you a game. If I got this off of a website, why would Hatsune Miku be on there. I don't even like weeaboo shit, but I put it up there for shits and giggles. What you are displaying is regret that your shit console didn't sell and everyone laughed at you. Hell, I'm more of an Xbox fan anyways, I'm just joining the fun and laughing at the Wii cUcks trying to defend their purchase when there is nothing.

And fuck you too bud. I enjoy my Switch and put a lot of time into that list.

At least switch has multiplats

Real dick you are, assuming I'm a copypasta. I actually enjoy games on my consoles.

*Watching Youtube Let's Play's does not make you a gamer.

Fucking this. Based as hell!

>switch has multiplats
Where is RE2 and DMC5 then? Wii U had COD, Mass Effect 3 and AC at launch.

100% Agreed.
The only thing smash 5 has is all the characters, there's modes and events like smash run missing in smash 5

DOOM, Wolfenstein The New Order, L.A Noire Remaster, Mortal Kombat 11, CTR. Just to name a few.

If you have a problem with that, play the 3DS Smash game. THAT ONE has a good mode in it... Smash Tour was a big mistake and the Order's and Target Blast made me sad... Not to mention the atrocious Classic mode on Wii U. Trophies are always good though.

Odyssey was fucking garbage, there's so many filler moons i felt like tearing my hair out.

The only thing it had going for it, was the harder levels like dark side and darker side and the new jump dive, bounce mechanics.
Everything else was done better in the other 3d mario games.

Can you even call them multiplats? Most of them are years old games when they released on switch and run in 240p.

This. My friend was over the other day and saw my Wii U and said “wii u? Never heard of it”

>Consumers know it’s a handheld that can be docked, and that’s far more appealing.
A handheld with a TV-out isn't exciting. A home console you can take with you is. Good thing they market and position the Söytch that way.

I never played or cared about those games

I like how now everyone suddenly likes subspace. I liked it before I played World of Light. Might be why World of Light was so shit to me.

In that case the Wii U version if smash 4 is shit cause it had smash tour which was god awful. I hate that trophies are gone though. They were always neat.

>Switch doesn't have multiplats!
>Showcases a small taste of 3rd party
>Those don't count because they look different and some are from years ago.
A multiplat game can be considered a port is a port at the end of the day, isn't a PS3 game a port of an Xbox 360 game when it's multiplat, or a PS4 port of a PS3 technically multiplat as well. Not to mention, the Wii U was only multplat ports at launch, with the exception of ZombiU... which was ported to the Xbox One, PC and PS4, which made it multiplat.

That is the one thing I can whole heartly agree with. Spirits are fine... but why the lack of detail.

>Free online
Already better than Ultimate. In a few years, people are going to be shitting on Ultimate like they did with Smash 4.

I could have named a ton more, Wii U had a shit load of indie games on the eshop. I might as well say that emulators games on PC are multiplats or that Journey and all the other PS3 games released recently are multiplats now.

So does Switch though. Baba is You is one of my favourites of all time, and Cuphead is grand too!

Ok, so you agree that the Wii U had multiplats just like the switch, so this reply is erroneous.

I had a WiiU, and I hate this piece of shit.
The Switch is the WiiU, but actually good with good games

>actually good
With shitty paid online and nu-males making it a laughing stock?

>Also, the Wii U was a fucking rock.
Yeah the GamePad is a tank, like the Panasonic Toughbooks. Switch's controllers are pieces of shit in comparison.

>tfw no pokemon snap 2 with the wiiu gamepad as the camera
wasted opportunity

An appealing, marketable concept and form factor is everything you need to sell a product regardless of its quality.

and actual good games, too.
The switch wouldn't have sold as well if BOTW hadn't been here to kickstart it along with MK8D later on.