So now that DMC5 has "successfully reinvigorated the brand." according to Capcom, what is the next step forward?

So now that DMC5 has "successfully reinvigorated the brand." according to Capcom, what is the next step forward?

Keep in mind that a large chunk of DMC5's development was spent on modifying the RE engine to handle 60 FPS Action titles, and Capcom have said they're very pleased with the engine and have multiple unannounced titles in development. DMC5 is also probably Itsuno's last DMC sadly. Since everything points to him moving on to Dragon's Dogma 2, which will probably be his last game before retiring as director.

Attached: 1537895137077.png (1936x4662, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/01/devil-may-cry-5-is-15-to-16-hours-long
youtube.com/watch?v=rQiwV6Vssc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Personally I think the way they will try to gently phase out Itsuno is with a next-gen DMC5SE and a RE Engine DMC1 remake.

Both these would be quite uncontroversial and a good way to introduce a younger and more inexperienced director. Since he wouldn't be working from zero.

>what is the next step forward?
DMC5SE, probaly. I don't think it'll take long for DMC6 to be announced after that under a new helm. Itsuno's getting old and he's probaly tired of DMC at this point.
Kamiya did offer to make the DMC1 remake for Capcom.

Attached: Pointing up.jpg (1672x1545, 1.08M)

DMC6 starring Vergil where he gets his own damn Devil Arms finally

>Kamiya did offer to make the DMC1 remake for Capcom.

Kamiya says a lot of things.

Dante and Vergil are in hell, Capcom could pull a literal Dante's Inferno.

PENIS, kind fellow.

>RE Engine DMC1 remake.
Please fucking no.
Holywood "realism" is cancer.

Attached: lady.jpg (1920x1080, 86K)

I like how you had to use Lady from the pachinko "game" because you know DMC4 Lady looks like garbage.

and DMC5 lady looks even worse. So why couldn't DMC5 lady look like pachinko Lady?
she's actually faithful to the concept art. she was held back by the shitty RE engine & anti-art "realism".

This is my personal guess in regards to DMC.

DMC5 was actually planned to get two major DLC expansions. One with Dante/Vergil and the other with Lady/Trish. This is what the two epilogues at the end of the game hint at. Dante and Vergil is down in hell while Lady and Trish go on a Morrison mission.

However, this ended up being too ambitious and costly to simply be DLC for an existing game. So they cancelled the DLC plans and instead decided to turn into into a standalone game. Much like Breath of the Wild 2, or Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

This is what Matt Walker meant when he said "There is currently no more DLC planned for the game", he wasn't lying. Because the DLC is now a brand new game.

Attached: 1494364016654.png (503x474, 168K)

3 Lady>5 Lady>4 Lady

Attached: image.png (532x726, 621K)

DMC5 is a good game, but not a good DMC game. Here's why
DMC1: Dante cries when Trish died
DMC2: Lucia cries
DMC3: Dante cries when Vergil died
DMC4: Nero cries when Kyrie got kidnapped
DmC: Lilith cries when she got sniperaborted by Vergin
DMC5: ???

>DMC5: ???

Devils cry
Cats meow
Dogs say woof

Hopefully fixing the way DMC looks in the engine, because besides Nero the chad everyone else looked like crap, even Dante hardly looks like Dante.

Also, DMCIV with Vergil as the MC after 5's SE.

>DMC5: ???
Us
It's obviously Vergil's turn to cry, but he's literally too autistic to. That's why we need his campaign and there's still an opportunity for him to weep as V in VoV

>even Dante hardly looks like Dante
i dont think so, he looks just as good as Nero, looked accurate

neither of them look remotely like their characters or any of their concept art.
they just picked some random cunts off Instagram and had facial scanning shit out a face model.

>Game literally cast physical models for made up video game characters
>They don't look exactly the same as they did before

Attached: 1563722863707.gif (490x476, 3.52M)

gee maybe the devs could.. I don't know.. MODEL them like they're supposed to so the facial structure actually somewhat resembles the character.

Dante looks different in every single game you spastic.

>gee maybe the devs could.. I don't know.. MODEL them like they're supposed to so the facial structure actually somewhat resembles the character.

Capcom literally said that they tried this with Chris in RE7.

They realized the uncanny valley was too much and that it looked like garbage.

>Devils cry huh? Let's hear WHAT THAT SOUNDS LIKE.

Attached: Smug dead weight.jpg (900x900, 82K)

he looks so goofy with his short legs, fuck realistic proportions

Well They suck at modelling because it can't be worse than the garbage we got.
orrr... here's an idea. how about since realism is objectively shit, don't even go for it. you should create your own stylised characters.

Attached: kuwaii desu.png (1600x900, 890K)

For me it's DMC4 Pachinko Trish

Attached: download (1).jpg (268x188, 5K)

Why are half demon breeds so insecure in DMC? They don't have badass male humans because the devs feel it would eclipse the Sparda seeds. Bayo did not shy away by giving us Luka and Rodin while human male characters in DMC are treated as a joke

Attached: oylzrkua8s811.png (800x456, 382K)

FFVIIR's artstyle is fucking garbage.

>Here's you waifu with pores and peach fuzz bro

Garbage, either go full realistic or don't even try.

Attached: Yt67Zzq.png (318x287, 147K)

I don't even care. DMC5 was everything I hoped for and the peak of the series. After so long in the ditch a thousand retarded reboots would just completely fly over my head.
I say give the series a new director and let him just do whatever the fuck as long as he's japanese, westerners do not understand these games at all and it's so sad.

So this confirms that Capcoms modlers are so shit and incompetent.
even individual basement dwelling modders are better.

Attached: Clair mods.png (637x1000, 730K)

But DMC was an "action-packed hollywood B-movie" according to the artist. And DMC1 was just RE, and it isn't like it was hyper stylized.

Attached: Ikeno on DMC.jpg (880x205, 106K)

But her model doesn't actually have that shit because it'd produce cluttered artifacts and waste GPU.
this is just garbage the suits made them put in promotional posters so dumb normies can gawk and go
>wow look at all the details on those next gen graphics.
>more unnecessary details == good

BLOCKED

Fuck off with this soulless south korean garbage.

Lady was certainly not a joke in 3, and in 5 she's chosen to be part of Urizen's minions, instead of a bloodbag for power like other humans, meaning Urizen must've been impressed by her. And the same case with Trish

Attached: 1552165382410.webm (642x614, 2.87M)

I don't get it, he is aware that cried like a baby through out DMC4, right? It doesnt make him cooler or seem more macho to not actually cry, I would've liked it more if a single tear fell, and he pretended that it never existed

Attached: DujSSMzUwAA3Pgf.jpg (1200x873, 147K)

This. 4's Lady was pretty much a character assassination. What the fuck were they even thinking?

>DMC1 was just RE

DMC1 has nothing in common with RE apart from fixed camera angles. Combat is obviously nothing like RE, and while you technically use key items to open up the way forward like in RE, this is so linear and restricted that its nothing like RE.

It's just Nero being a try hard as always. Reminder that this is the same man who got so butthurt over being called dead weight he was seething about it for a month.

It's called "Devil MAY Cry", it's never been a guarantee.

I'm talking about the artstyle, user. DMC1's artstyle was pretty much RE, intems of "realism".

Attached: DMC and RE4.jpg (1101x1253, 747K)

>But her model doesn't actually have that shit because it'd produce cluttered artifacts and waste GPU.

Yet it perfectly encapsulates the retarded mindset they have with this FFVIIR's visuals.

They want to look gritty and realistic for the western crowd, yet they also want to have these idealized character models that look completely out of place with the darker tone. It's the same problem a ton of horror manga/anime has where it wants to convey a specific dark tone, yet the creators are too afraid to make characters that aren't beautiful. Square-Enix even made Cloud's original FFVIIR look worse by making him less pale and sickly. Because they're afraid people will find him "ugly". Japan's best manga artists understand the value of ugliness and how it needs to be applied to characters correctly to sell people on the tone of your creation.

With the original FFVII it was understandable that the character models were more stylized and ideal because of the PS1 hardware, but there's really no excuse for why FFVIIR's new visuals shouldn't properly reflect the darker tone of its story. I already know that Aerith's death scene won't be as impactful as it could have been because Square-Enix is too afraid to have characters look destroyed and ugly, they're won't be any pain and anguish in Cloud's face because that wouldn't be "beautiful" enough.

Attached: Any+cool+zombie+mangasanimes+lti+am+a+hero+_55deabbadd34439581da665d4cb88954.jpg (1200x846, 226K)

No one wants to look at ugly fucks like you. Stop complaining about good art because you feel insecure.

Not really. E.g. Trish's design is blatantly inspired by Trinity from the Matrix for example.

RE's art design homages American horror movies while DMC's art design draws from vry different influences.

>No one wants to look at ugly fucks like you. Stop complaining about good art because you feel insecure.

If beauty is "good art", then why is there anything ugly in any art at all? Why would anyone put a dirty shitty street-corner in their art if they could put in a beautiful clean one instead?

>RE's art design homages American horror movies while DMC's art design draws from vry different influences.
Yes, DMC draws from action-packed hollywood movies, which is what I already have said. The artstyle or the graphics were always trying to be "realistic" looking, not that the designs were grounded with realism in mind

Attached: 01 (62).jpg (2386x3487, 910K)

Honestly, I just want Dante as the MC again, even though I know it's probably not going to happen any time soon.

Give me a Sparda game already.

>sparda game

Attached: file.png (409x374, 210K)

>Give me a Sparda game already.

Which would be what? A pre-historic DMC with no guns, with Sparda just running through a bunch of hellish same'y corridors until he gets to the end and beats Mundus?

Do people who want a Sparda game actually have any concrete idea about what they want from the actual game? Or do they just like the sound of the premise?

How would a Sparda game fix anything? They'll still want to have as many option as previous games, they'll either try to make Sparda bloated to hell and back, or they'll give us a second playable character because that's what every DMC must have now.
Demons created some sort of guns though, and Hell is varied enough to be a beautiful and awesome journey, and they could also show us why would Sparda help Mundus, what was his motivation behind all if this etc. Still it's best if they just didn't though it yet in my opinion

Attached: tarot___death_by_abigaillarson_dbftkp6-pre.jpg (682x1171, 70K)

She's a reused asset.
Her body model is that of Kyrie, they only swapped the clothes and hair and hid her face with sunglasses

That's not true.....

Attached: Lady's model.jpg (799x1298, 434K)

>Keep in mind that a large chunk of DMC5's development was spent on modifying the RE engine to handle 60 FPS Action titles
lol

>An engine first has to be developed before it can develop games
lol?

Engines don't handle gameplay mechanics dumbass
Just like how UE4 or Unity is used for shooters, platformers, VR, fighting games, racing games
You don't redevelop the engine to handle a different genre. You make it sound like the engine had no way to ever handle a third person hit people game without major redevelopment. Sounds like you don't know anything about making games and just pulled that out of your ass

Are you implying that isn't true?

>You don't redevelop the engine to handle a different genre.

Itsuno literally said they did exactly that.

>Engines don't handle gameplay mechanics dumbass
Engines often have physics systems tied to them which do affect gameplay on top of how they generate graphical effects potentially affecting things like the frame rate. So much for your condescending post

Here's your DMC6 Nero, bro. Say something nice about him

Attached: tkURaXG.jpg (1920x1080, 787K)

>You don't redevelop the engine to handle a different genre.

gematsu.com/2019/01/devil-may-cry-5-is-15-to-16-hours-long

"What was difficult about using the RE Engine?"
>Since the RE Engine was originally created for Resident Evil 7: biohazard, it was difficult to implement the violent action of Devil May Cry. We focused on upgrading the engine’s processing speed and performance.

Oh nonononono

God I hate DT Nero's hairstyle

Why the fuck would you give him long hair with fucking bangs?

I really like the long hair even if the reason Itsuno wanted it in his design is stupid.

Itsuno especifically asked Ikeno to design Nero's DT with long hair so it would flow down the moment Nero stopped Dante and Vergil. It's really fucking cheesy but I like it a lot. Bishie demon Nero is pretty much perfect, the only thing he really lacks is a coat like the rest of the DTs.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

>Say something nice about him
Now that he has two busters, the logical conclusion is to introduce weapon switching in the form of a boxing moveset for them.

I don't have a problem with the long hair by itself, I just think it's fucking stupid with the bangs.

>Nero
>weapon switching
Sorry won't happen. but him having the busters as a boxing moveset is possible, it just needs to be nothing like Dante's weapon switching

Attached: DlIJF3eU4AMYW7T.jpg (1200x1117, 154K)

Same. I wish he had the hood, or that it would keep the hood if you have it up before DTing.

Attached: nero complete devil trigger.jpg (1200x1700, 252K)

Nico basically talks Nero out of crying.

user FUCK ME
I JUST REALIZED
>"i'M NOT LETTING YOU DIE"
HAS THE SAME EXPRESSION AS
>"I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIGHT"
WITHOUT BEING AS CHEEZY

OH MY FUCKING GOD

one can only hope

Attached: Devil Triggers.jpg (1060x694, 234K)

Can I realistically hope for Rebellion and Sparda rework or moveset expansion in DMC5SE?

Your benis

His logic was sound here, I don't see the problem.

Attached: 8984421.jpg (720x405, 41K)

I can imagine them putting Drive back in for them, but that's about it.

Attached: 2893346-dmc_se_010.jpg (1920x1080, 620K)

Vergil dlc expansion pack

Attached: EAZgQNKUcAECLlI.jpg (1152x2048, 262K)

I just want DSD to get some variation of Air Stinger. I know Cavaliere R basically has it and it's a really cool move, but I really feel like DSD should have Air Stinger. It honestly doesn't feel right without it. Maybe to differentiate it from Cavaliere R, Nero's Calibur, or Vergil's Air Stinger, it uses up one bar of DT meter and is like a pseudo-super move with its own effects.

If they're giving characters new stuff in 5SE, I hope they give Dante Artemis or a new weapon like it, with an expanded moveset. And I hope they give V Phantom somehow.

A sword pierce for Rebellion and horizontal drive like Vergil's force edge for Sparda would be good enough for me. At least each weapons should have one unique move

It's pretty it doesn't have air stinger alredy considering Vergil had it in 4 with force edge

>I just want DSD to get some variation of Air Stinger
well, you do have SDT's stinger but you'll need quad S to make it work smoothly.

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190606183548.jpg (3840x2160, 1.79M)

I'm not sure what you meant by that, but I feel like it should be a core part of Dante's moveset by now.

Didn't even think of that, but that would be nice actually. I see no real reason to go back to Rebellion or Sparda but then I'm pretty scrubby.

I love SDT's Stinger so fucking much but I haven't even gotten quad S yet. I just beat the game for the first time a few days ago, working through Son of Sparda now.

>I just want DSD to get some variation of Air Stinger.

Pretty sure the reason for why Dante doesn't have one is because they're afraid of the characters having too many similar moves.

They want each character to feel unique and distinct, Itsuno's reason for why Nero can't freely switch Devil Breakers was literally "Because that's Dante's gimmick."

Vergil had air stinger in 4 that was literally just stinger in the air and could be continuously spammed with no need for JCing. Pretty broken but that's par for the course with Vergil.

Handling genre != Maintaining 60 fps with resource intensive games
>Sounds like you don't know anything about making games and just pulled that out of your ass
kek

I figured as much but like I said, they could still make it different by requiring meter and making it more of a combo finisher tool.

Yeah, I remember that. I hated how Vergil had better versions of all Dante's moves in that game even though he was fun as fuck.

Rebellion is the og, it has sentimental value. The two mods I use for DSD are either DSD with rebellion's hilt or straight model swap. DSD is so much fun to use once you know how to use summoned swords properly but for fuck's sake I can't let go of rebellion despite using it just for round trip. The slow mo kill would be fucking awesome with sword pierce. Adding a mode change to sycthe for Sparda would be good too.

>DSD is so much fun to use once you know how to use summoned swords properly
Yeah, still working out how I should do that. You get summoned swords when in DT right? Still not sure how to charge Summoned Swords whilst doing other shit.

>Adding a mode change to sycthe for Sparda would be good too.
Yeah, I'm disappointed they didn't do anything like that. Seems like a no-brainer.

what do you think if they made d-pad more useful for Nero
>Down = breakaway
>Up = switch to the next breaker
>Left and right = switch between breaker modes
or something like that
and maybe give V four DT summons that he can switch with through the d-pad

Attached: styles.jpg (3000x2767, 2.68M)

V is the one who does it, just not at the end

When does he cry?

>Yeah, still working out how I should do that. You get summoned swords when in DT right? Still not sure how to charge Summoned Swords whilst doing other shit.

DSD summoned swords have lots of cool effects.

It activates automatically during Devil Trigger, but you can hold down the sword button until DSD starts glowing and you'll get them in human form as well. The summoned swords have different properties depending on the style you have equipped.

Trickster - Additional mobility with extra dashing
Swordmaster - Longer weapon range and increased damage(?)
Gunslinger - Summoned Swords fire automatically at enemies ala Vergil
Royal Guard - Additional protection

Also, with DSD's swordmaster combos you can attack and taunt at the same time.

>In DT with DSD equiped
>Pressing B + direction while using DSD in SM
>Holding B while using DSD for independent round trips in SM
>Holding X while using DSD to temporarily summon the swords to have the same properties as in DT
You can use the B attacks pretty much in conjunction with every animation beside being knocked down or in SDT

>You get summoned swords when in DT right?
Just press and hold the attack buttom and you will use two bars of DT to use the summoned swords without needing to use the DT.

Maybe it will evolve to be more like this.

Also, doing the DSD sword charge requires 2 bars of DT.

I knew about all that already. I mean I'm working out how to organically use DSD in combos and shit. I don't know when to charge it, sorry.

The scene with Dante and the sword sparda

Man, I miss the Devil Bringer

Attached: Devil_Bringer_DMC5.png (2000x1388, 3.78M)

I kind of miss it too, but I understand why they didn't decide to keep the demon arm.

In DMC4 the Devil Bringer was Nero's iconic weapon that could absorb the power of things like the Yamato Devil Trigger. In DMC5 the climax is him getting his own true Devil Trigger with two winged Devil Bringers, so the demonic arm isn't really that special anymore after that.

By giving him a robot arm he still gets to keep the "special arm" thing even after he has a full demonic form.

Start recharging before start a combo, the summoned swords should be a extension of your combo, keeping the enemy in the air while charging others combos.

I'm surprised Rebellion doesn't have some sort of DSD "trick" like the Double Kalina Ann does. It'd be cool if you could transform them at will to get those Swordmaster moves back.

I also still really miss Pierce from DMC3, so I'd like that back too please. Remove Round Trip from Rebellion and keep it Sparda exclusive and I'm happy.

>breakaway on the d-pad
You'd have to take your finger off the L-Stick for that, I'd rather not.
>Up = switch to the next breaker
Probably not going to happen as Itsuno stated that he wanted to keep it fresh and different from playing Dante's devil arms.
>Left and right = switch between breaker modes
Breaker modes? Something new Yea Forums came up with?

Dragons Dogma 2.

>It's a good game, but not a good ______ game.
Is there a more brainlet arguement

It's almost 100% certain that Itsuno won't direct the next DMC, since that would require another 10 year hiatus.

What do you think the whole thing about Nico telling Nero it's okay to cry was about

>You'd have to take your finger off the L-Stick for that, I'd rather not.
did you not switch DT and breakaway?
>Probably not going to happen as Itsuno stated that he wanted to keep it fresh and different from playing Dante's devil arms.
it's just the Pastabreaker's mechanic, it doesn't work much like Breaker switching since you'll still want to beak it to go to the third breaker and above
>Breaker modes? Something new Yea Forums came up with?
nah, just something I came up with to fill the empty buttons

Attached: Unga Stronk.jpg (2305x1713, 796K)

What the heck was nero going to cry about anyways?

Devil May Weep, the newest entry where the combat is much harder and slowed down really more like a Dark Souls and you have ammunition ahahahahahah

>did you not switch DT and breakaway?
No way, I like the flexibility of moving and being able to breakaway at the same time
>it's just the Pastabreaker's mechanic, it doesn't work much like Breaker switching since you'll still want to beak it to go to the third breaker and above
Ah, so you can cycle through the breakers except the one you've equipped? That's pretty neat.

>No way, I like the flexibility of moving and being able to breakaway at the same time
breakaway doesn't really have much functions other than serving as a get out of a grab move (and obviously switching to the next breaker), which you can already do with DT
>Ah, so you can cycle through the breakers except the one you've equipped? That's pretty neat.
no, you can only cycle between two breakers that are next to each other on the slot

>breakaway doesn't really have much functions other than serving as a get out of a grab move (and obviously switching to the next breaker), which you can already do with DT
I'd rather breakaway than use up my DT I guess-- even more so in boss fights.
>no, you can only cycle between two breakers that are next to each other on the slot
I see.

>another 10 year hiatus.
I don't want them to rush but I don't think it'll take that long if Itsuno would do it. I think itsuno wants to do other games as well though.

>Explains Jack shit
OK retard

>I'd rather breakaway than use up my DT I guess-- even more so in boss fights.
that'a okay, you'll still be able to remap the button however you like, so us nagging about this stuff shouldn't matter

>I don't want them to rush but I don't think it'll take that long if Itsuno would do it. I think itsuno wants to do other games as well though.

DMC5 was in development since 2014. Even if we assume that the RE engine is crazy efficent you gotta expect Dragon's Dogma 2 to take at least 2.5 years to make. That would mean an additonal 2.5 years to make DMC6, which would put the game's release at like 2025.

No way in hell will Capcom let DMC go that long without a new game after they just managed to save the franchise from complete ruin with DMC5.

are you really gonna tell me, that Lady and Kyrie share the same face, and that the modeler wasted so much time on Lady only for it to be on a shirt and short shorts? their bodies could be the same though because a lot of artist have this same face/body syndrome

Attached: 1435075167__Bonus_ART_3__Devil_May_Cry_4_by_Zg1X.jpg (900x253, 65K)

>Luka
>badass

>Rodin
>human

>Who are Arkham, Credo or Arius?

Gameplay wise I figure they could evolve the cameo system to full co op perhaps?
That or on the fly character switching.

Arius is absolutely based. Gives zero fucks in his boss fights.

Attached: Arius cigar.png (1280x959, 1.92M)

>Arkham
A faggot with a God-complex
>Credo
A dude with Hero syndrome
>Arius
Evil CEO that wants to be KEEENG OF THIS WORLD
All of whom became demons

Attached: e07034794e3a30f10b7c94b85f339b1a.jpg (412x1000, 64K)

DMC1 remake by Kamiya and his team using the RE Engine

Did all the Secretaries die during/after 2?
Wonder how Lucia handled her "sisters" per se.
If they had souls I'd half expect Lucia to wield them as devil arms.

There might still be a secretary or two around after Arius' death. Although without him around I dunno what they'd do.
One of them smiles with a smug expression at Lucia when she confronts Arius at the helipad, so they could have souls of some kind.

Attached: 20180313201234_1.jpg (1280x1024, 131K)

RIKU!

At what point did you stop obsessing over Rebellion and Sparda and embrace being a DSDchad? Took a couple of months for me.

>mfw being able to do sword attacks while taunting and moving in swordmaster
>all those buffs for styles with a DT'ed DSD

You can't go back after you embrace it.

Attached: 1551535045447.jpg (2522x1578, 1.14M)

Anyone else prefer all the concept covers over the one we actually like? I especially like the one that's just Nero walking out of the van.

The Deluxe cover with the perspective switched towards the front instead of the back is pretty good though.

Attached: 1564011395169.jpg (1330x675, 165K)

>not having all 3 in your cycle
Chad? More like Chud

Attached: 1552364607392.jpg (1920x1080, 490K)

Why, DmC2 of course, God bless Based Tameem.

I still miss Sparda, such a wasted design, hopefully one day they'll bring it back and utilize it's potential

Attached: and you're set free.webm (720x406, 506K)

>At what point did you stop obsessing over Rebellion and Sparda and embrace being a DSDchad?
the moment I got it. attacking midair without switching to SM was nice.

>DSD SM lets you use swords
Cool.
>For three moves
Not cool.

>he doesn't know

Second one looks nice but more fitting for a book cover than a game's boxart though.

Nero didn't cry, he just had an autistic temper tantrum.

I can see them expanding on Sparda if they do a DMC1 remake. You could have a second moveset for it instead of DT.

What?

DMC2: The player cries

There's a ton of utility, the swords behave differently based on equipped style and, when in Swordmaster, whatever attack you're doing.

I know that, I'm talking about the moves the player can manually input.

I like the third one but the ones we got are fine.

i prefer these more, hopefully the cover for the SE would look cooler.
my favorite is the Deluxe Edition cover though.

Attached: alt covers.jpg (1573x825, 397K)

The middle cover is similar to what we got for the prequel book, I kinda like it.

As much as I hate scythes I'm still a bit annoyed that DSD doesn't have Sparda's shapeshifting powers.
DSD is an upgrade in terms of power and utility over it's predecessors (especially when you look at Dante's Sin Moves) but I always get annoyed when the upgrade loses some features during the process.

I really like the one on the right. It's simple but unique.

>They seriously considered having a cover with Nero's arm just ripped off and Dante just lying as if dead

Damn

When's TGS?

DMC5 is really one of those games I wish I could've been a fly on the wall during its development.

The game we got was spectacular, but there seemed to have been so many amazing ideas flowing around in general after so long.

September

Attached: 1562409482617.png (640x488, 111K)

Oof.

If Nero got the Sparda what would his Devil Trigger have been like?
Would he have grown his arm back and just taken Sparda's form like Dante did in DMC1?

It's not too long now, it starts on the 11th.
Just days before tgs last year everyone was shitting on subhuman. Good times.

Attached: 1553171646666.png (900x900, 79K)

adding jiggle physics to Nero's fat bulge in DMC5SE would honestly be the next best step foward.

just imagine it jiggle everytime you exceed!

I guess the longer the wait the better the chance of seeing Vergil.

Nero nearly kill Dante with a bitch slap so technically if Vergil could beat Nero Vergil could be Dante.

>revs nero's bulge

Do you think DSD could've been better?

Attached: Devil Sword Dante.jpg (566x879, 98K)

Not this again...

>compulsive masturbator
Why, what was the idea behind this?

What do you mean not again? Dante literally admitted it.

True and that means he'll hopefully have new weapons and such as well.

Attached: 1532991989953.jpg (473x526, 66K)

why do faggots take everything literally, is it just a sign of autism?

Attached: DMC5 cover.jpg (571x807, 168K)

I think it's fine. A bit bland, but I like the idea of it being a part of SDT. It ought to get slight redesign eventually, and it could help it having a thinner blade.

this post is either esl or autism which is it?

I like what we got. I guess maybe change the crossguard a bit because people keep on bitching about the claws but I really don't see the problem.
It basically reflects his Sin DT and takes elements from Rebellion and Sparda.

Would probably have it be able to shapeshift more though.

>falls back on autism memes because he knows he's wrong

Attached: Dfzd6RrXkAAyFF7.jpg (966x1013, 63K)

>even Dante hardly looks like Dante.
Retard. Dante looks completely different in literally every single DMC game, every single one.

V looking older in these posters is what i'm guessing, is supposed to be Vergil and not his half?

Nero's DT is my favorite DT in the franchise desu

What did you take Vergil "my son means nothing to me" literally as well?

that's right user, those wings sure do deal a shit ton of damage in game, enough to "almost" """""""kill"""""" Dante.

I feel like dropping a reminder

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1854x420, 141K)

At the time Vergil had no reason to care about Nero. It wasn't until Nero unlocked DT and proved his strength to Vergil that he began to recognize Nero as a son. It's an obvious narrative than only an absolute retard couldn't comprehend.

Yeah somewhat, but those concept arts aren't better than what we got in my opinion. DSD is kino because of how it opens up in the middle.

I still can't get over the fact that he actually has a bulge, and it's huge! Definitely excited to see how the bulge technology improves in the next game.

Attached: 1550904562005.gif (294x235, 550K)

B-b-but Vundus!!!

Was it just one Illusionfag or were there more? I can't remember.

Nothing. It will be years for DMC5SE. Exactly for the reasons you've listed.
They can afford it because there are no other franchises out there in the same niche.

Except maybe Bayonetta 3. Which either doesn't matter for Capcom because it will soon release and it is better off not competing with it, or it is too far off the horizon to be a threat.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the franchise in secret after the launch of 5 because it didn't sell 4 million copies.

Excuse me, it's Vdust

Attached: 1550293436085.gif (640x360, 3.3M)

It was a theory that a couple people tossed around and played with but that guy was the only hardcore illusionfag I remember. An entire thread he argued for it because he took a trailer literally and didn't realize trailers are intercut, fucking retard. I also remember people from here telling me V can't possibly be part of Vergil in like February when I theorized about that despite a lot of things paralleling Vergil that we'd known since announcement

Platinum and indie games are Capcom's biggest competition in regards to action games like DMC.
DMC wont be competing with Bayo3 either way because Bayonetta 3 is a switch exclusive and so is Platinum's Astral Chain.
The only other big thing that could be competition might be Platinums collaboration project with Square Enix, that Babylon's Fall game or maybe something from Plat we haven't seen yet.

Only thing I don't like about DSD is how it steals Vergil's summoned swords shtick, while simultaneously making it more OP.

I do like the one on the bottom left. But only if the red is a solid blade, not some demonic lightsaber.

So, how did you guys actually like DMC5? Did it live up to your expectations or not?
For me, I thought it was great. It's still my GOTY so far, but I can see Astral Chain maybe topping it if that games sum of its parts turn out to be enough to overcome the 30fps issues.
I do find it to be better than DMC3 and 4. In terms of story it's in between 3 and 4 for me, with 3 being best obviously, but it pulls ahead and improves on aspects and flaws from DMC3 and 4 which is enough for me to consider it better. It's a full game unlike DMC4, it has no horrible shit enemies like faults, soul eaters and Dullahans and such, the worst the enemies get is about average-tier, but they're pretty much all fun to fight unlike DMC3 and 4 in which some shit enemy-design really brought a lot of the game down on repeat playthroughs for me. Overall I think the quality of bosses is also really high, but it suffers in the V section and it shows on DMD mode. DMD mode V is extremely frustrating and I didn't like any of his bosses on DMD. Vergil fights were fantastic, Cavalier was fantastic, there are a handful of other great bosses as well.

The only thing I don't like about DSD is how fucking wide they made it look, it looks great in the concept art but in the game they made it way fucking thick.

Also I'm really glad they didn't go for any of those designs.

Attached: hexoi25zjuv21.jpg (2560x1440, 346K)

>Second on the top
>Using the great design Vendetta had for a new important sword with great utility
>All those slats which would let the summoned swords basically unsheathe in unison and then return to their spots
I like DSD but it's shit compared to that one.

Attached: 1547007862115.png (926x695, 820K)

It was actually spoiled before then in may but I was 50/50 on it, the dmc 2 novel actually sorta cemented it for me.
There was a lot of autism in these threads like that guy insisting V's coat was white and some clothing company spoiling Vergil's coat kek.

His later surprise with the statment "Nero is my son!" implies that he actually just didn't connect the dots earlier and didn't really think Nero was his kid.
He was saying talk about a son he didn't have meant nothing.

Oh shit, I remember the white coat guy. I spent the whole thread BTFO'ing his ass every single time, but every single time he still insisted it was white. It was like he had never been outside in the sun and seen how black looks against bright spotlight.

It's perfect save for a couple of nitpicks and no Vergil. Great music, basically no bad enemies, the best Dante's ever been, a Nero that feels complete, best characterization in the series (even if the pace isn't as amazing as 3), amazing graphic engine, long and full missions, second best DMD in the series (after 1's), the list goes on.

>>GUYS GUYS THIS MERCH COMPANY JUST SPOILED VERGILS DESIGN HOLY SHIT
>it was literally just some dude in a cheap shitty cosplay they grabbed off of deviantart
I'll never forget, never not laugh

Attached: 1563213587718.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)

The experience was a bit soured after buying it on release, finishing it once, then not being able to get it work again for almost a month. When loading screens suddenly became a thing. I also spoiled myself with the final trailer. It would have been a lot better if I didn't expect Vergil at all.

The game itself was pretty great, although I was annoyed that they designed the levels in a way that you can only play it with the specific character, and nobody else. Picking as many weapons with Dante as you wanted, and having a practice room were great additions.
Now that you mention it, I can't name a single foe that is simply annoying to fight. Furies are fun as fuck for putting up a fight.
Story had its up and downs, but more downs. I would put it between 3 and 4 too. I missed not having the old DMC3 music when I fought Vergil, but otherwise it was great. Really warmed me up to photo-realistic Vergil

You are right, it looks fat and clumsy compared to the sleek Rebellion.

Remember the denial when Rona spilled the beans?

Pretty much agree with almost everything here. Nero became really great to play as in 5 and feels really fleshed out once you stack all his mechanics on top of each other. The depth really shows in his moveset and showcases how the gameplay can still reach ludicrous levels of depth even without having styles and multiple weapons. I do agree with the notion that it's the second best DMD in the series after 1, but I still think DMC1's DMD is far ahead simply because V on DMD mode feels like garbage (in my opinion). Otherwise it's great as Dante and Nero.
I also really like Bloody Palace in DMC5. It's fucking fantastic you can replay floors so you can just play Cavalier Angelo whenever you want as Nero or Dante or V.

Remember them saying it spoiled V too heh
BUT VERGIL HAS BLACK HAIR AND HE'S TAKING V's PLACE

My opinion has only improved on DMC5 as a kept replaying it. I love almost everything about it, even things I didn't like such as V and the character switching pacing started making more and more sense the more comfortable I got with playing the game.

I basically have only two complaints and that is the qliphoth levels and the dialogue feeling very "A person who speaks english didn't write this script." Otherwise I agree with Itsuno on this being the best Devil May Cry.

I was EXTREMELY iffy on photo-realistic Vergil when he was leaked in the threads and his image was posted, but in the full-game when playing it for myself he turned out pretty great and I think he's actually kind of great. The design feels almost self-aware, this chuuni edgelord who never grew up and now he just looks kind of goofy yet still manages to be cool.

Attached: 1551611602830.png (695x565, 462K)

I have tiny nitpicks like it only being 20 missions so it affected the pacing of the story and not enough Dante missions. Also V sucks after the first time playing him. I like the story and consider it equal to 3's.

>can't into english
Sorry anons.

And they still didn't believe it until we started getting spoilers a day later, that's how we got the illusion fags too.

My feelings on the story have only improved as time has gone on. I think there are moments in here that rank among the most memorable in the entire series.
My favorite moment was the Fuck You DT activation in the final fight because it's happening in the actual gameplay, it's not a cutscene. It invested me in that fight like no other and it felt good beating on daddy.

Attached: FUCK YOU.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Same. Everything was forgiven though when he teleportchraged out of nowhere, stabbed me in the gut and said "Just like old times" with a shit-eating grin.

Another thing I wanna add that how there was obviously something plot-related cut out from the final version. Malphas is set up to be a character, and dies off like Goliath. Also V loses his powers and gets them back with no explanation.

>Also V loses his powers and gets them back with no explanation.

I think that was more just an excuse to put in a boss rush mode. I don't think it ever held any great significance story wise.

The boys look so fucking good. I actually like what they did with vergil's coat color, I think changing it to black and blue was better, as it doesn't look to weird in the realism environment they have got going on.

Attached: 1558220547828.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

I think it's possible that some V missions were cut due to the developers realizing that he really isn't enough to carry a lot of missions and in the later game you just want to play as Dante and Nero instead of V's gimped moveset. There could've been more to the story through some V missions with exposition, however I think for gameplay reasons it would be the right choice to cut whatever you could instead of letting it drag on.

They really nailed Dante, Vergil and Nero in the game.
I think Nico and Lady are also fantastic. I don't like Trish's design in 5 though, 4 was peak Trish in my opinion.

Got a real power ranger color scheme going on

Trish is the only character that looks straight up bad. The fact that they nailed every other character with the realistic style is a testament to how much time they probably spent on getting them to look right.

>your father cuts off your arm
>he starts a demon apocalypse with it
>his human persona hires you and gets you almost killed
>twice
>then the human half manipulates you into letting him rejoin with the demon half and reborn
>all the while nobody tells you he is your father
>finally come face to face with the man himself
>he tells you to "stand down" and "this has nothing to do with you"
I had to pause the game for a bit after that audacity. I love Vergil but come the fuck on!
The "fuck you" was extra satisfying afterwards.

Attached: 1468239293932.png (392x172, 29K)

>My feelings on the story have only improved as time has gone on.
Reading the manga and novel and seeing other peoples take on it helped.
I agree Mission 20 is amazing from the fuck you to the lines exchanged between Nero and Vergil. But my favorite is the extra scenes at the end with dante and vergil, it feels so satisfying seeing them together like that.

>V missions with exposition,
There's some manga scenes they really should have added, like right before Vergil splitting himself, or him getting those Nelo flashbacks would have been kino.

I am a die hard blue-fag myself. I just feel like it symbolizes Vergil's blue to Dante's red.

>There's some manga scenes they really should have added, like right before Vergil splitting himself, or him getting those Nelo flashbacks would have been kino.

Yeah, honestly DMC5's story really suffered due to how much fucking important shit was cut out an put in separate material. I understand they probably didn't have the budget to make more cutscenes, but at least fucking sell the novel/manga as DLC for the game or something. So people who play the game can easily access it.

>Vergil
>not being an asshole
Remember V wasn't exactly his redemption it was just a way to look into what Vergil was like before he became a power autismo.

The fucking moment I got it. All throughout the game's development, I kept on hoping that Dante would get some kind of new mechanic(s) that would push him beyond just being 4Dante with better Styles and more weapons. It was literally everything I wanted.

>attacking midair without switching to SM was nice.
This too. All I want still is Air Stinger.

Well the manga is literally free, the only issue with getting your hands on chapters is region blocks.
As for the novel, there really isn't much in there that directly matters to 5's narrative. It's pretty much all supplemental

So this is the type of retards who spergs out when Devs don't just change engine whenever... damn

>Well the manga is literally free, the only issue with getting your hands on chapters is region blocks.

It's "free" in the sense that it has unofficial translations on the web. Capcom should be doing that kind of job themselves.

Making sfv fun would be a good start.

In Japan it's literally free on LINE manga.

Help me accept it.
I just feel like it is too overpowered. The charm of taunting was that you did it after you did something churayyzee as full fledged badass, and then broke the action to be a cocky bastard for a second or two, before you went back to full ass-kicking mode.

Now Dante can just sit with his hands in his pockets, and have swords fight for him.
Also Rebellion has the power of nostalgia over me.

>there really isn't much in there that directly matters to 5's narrative
I only read the summaries but I thought it gave some pretty good background on V. Although they might just put that kinda info in the manga.

Let's not ask for miracles here

It's got some small stuff like how V contacted Morrison and some banter woth Griffon, but because the novel came out before the game he's still treated as a mystery

>I just feel like it is too overpowered

I mean, it basically gave Dante his own version of the EX-act buff Nero has. If anything Rebellion was kind of shitty in DMC4 compared to Red Queen, which could just shit out damage on large groups of enemies once you learned the timing.

Capcom needs to release english versions of the novel and artbook dammit.

Attached: 1549421438468.png (961x593, 471K)

Yeah But Dante had all the other weapons and styles. That's like saying he is much more complex than Nero without the Devil Breakers.

Is it really like Ex-act though? I could just slam Sword Master and have unlimited of them.

DSD looks cool but not whe normal Dante uses it, SDT Dante looks way good wilding it.

Attached: 20190302_144255.jpg (1918x1079, 1003K)

regular DSD looks kind of bad, but the DT version is hot fire and quite literally so.

Attached: devil-sword-dante-3d-model-obj-mtl-fbx.jpg (2160x3840, 736K)

I really think it's the best DMC. It doesn't do everything the best, but it does everything well, and I think it's the first DMC since 1 where you can say that, while 5's peaks just top 1's for me even if 1 still beats it in some categories. 5 is as such a very slight best game in the series, not the far-and-away best many hoped for and some expected. 9.25/10 is the best way I can describe it, with 1 & 3SE being 9s and 4SE floating between 7.5-8.5 depending on what your preferences are (I think it's at least an 8).

Nero feels complete now with the Breakers & Knuckle, without stepping on any of Dante's toes, even with him having a DT now since it effects his moveset differently and has a auto-mini-DTE that Dante doesn't. Dante is stacked to an extreme degree with complex systems (every single weapon he has barring the most basic of Rebellion, E&I, and Coyote-A has a unique quirk or mechanic, and even then the guns got new moves that improved their usefulness). V is a really ambitious divergence of character design for the series and genre (V plays entirely unlike Chaos Legion even) and barring him being busted on low difficulties and frustrating during bits of DMD I think he's a success. I generally prefer more characters overall, but I think these three have as much variety in them than 4SE's five (I want 4SE Trish back though).

Enemy & Boss design are the best since 1, easily. I love 5's enemy roster, barring the basic Empusas. They really should have made Empusas more of a mini-Queen in terms of moveset and aggression and had Cainas as a more standard enemy type, but I guess having the bugs that infest the Qliphoth be the first things you fight makes sense. The inspiration of the roster from across 1/3/4's while skimming off the weaker elements of their enemies really shows, and the closest thing to an aggravating enemy type once you learn them is Judeccas, and they're way more manageable than Fallen or Blitzes.

Continued in next post.

Attached: 1564099303439.jpg (1260x775, 539K)

>Red and Blue are rival colors
>red and green are complimentary colors
>Vergil's color change fits with his role and personality
Or it could just be because Nero's an asshole and he took the blue role from his dad

Attached: The Goddess of Time.jpg (1892x2004, 548K)

I really liked SDT as a design, and as plot point. I just didn't like how it is literally easy mode in a game that already throws golden orbs at you by the handful.

I never stopped
Just installed the mod that swaps DSD model with Rebellion

The only bad boss fight in the game is Nidhogg, and he at least has a good theme and is never fought outside of M4. A number of the bosses are susceptible to JCs but have moves built around punishing lingering around their head too long, Cavaliere is really thrilling to counter and beat with whatever strategy you choose, Urizen 3 on higher difficulties is a blast (I get the feeling that's not popular), and Vergil is way more mechanically complex and interesting than any of the DMC3 versions except maybe M20 DMD, and that was before they patched him to be even more complex (although 3 did a WAY better job of building up and framing its Vergil fights).

As for the story, I find it underwhelming in a lot of ways, but at the same time I can tell that a lot of the issues stemmed from their budget running thin. In a world where moving to RE Engine wasn't as expensive, Mission 14 would've been the 14/15/16 we got all in one so that Dante can take out Urizen 3 in M15 and Vergil has about a quarter of the Missions to be around. Nero's motivation seems stupid until he learns about Vergil, Dante seems oddly blockheaded at times for his supposed maturity, and Trish & Lady really do jack shit except have one exposition moment with V and give an excuse for DKA to exist. V's existence is definitely great though; it gets across a tremendous about of character growth in a short period of time with the vehicle of a new character so that Vergil's changes don't feel so jarring. I think his place in the story is really smart and the best part of how it's told, even if Dante & Nero's moments (SDT & DT unlocked respectively) are strong as well. The story is also loaded with fantastic individual character moments from the entire cast that both establish character and make you laugh

Of course the graphics are insanely good for a fast-paced 60FPS game and the music is the best overall OST in the series despite some weaker tracks like Subhuman and King Cerberus.

Attached: 1564126668971.jpg (6300x3612, 3.48M)

Nero's color scheme is a mixture of Blue & Red because he's more like Sparda than his dad or uncle are, but blue is more dominant because he's Vergil's son.

The only correct answer, right here.

Attached: 249-1560434129-653911954.jpg (600x337, 44K)

>Empusas more of a mini-Queen in terms of moveset and aggression
They should have applied blood buff to other Empusas instead of running away if there is no queen near.

youtube.com/watch?v=rQiwV6Vssc8

What the fuck is that picture, I can't stop laughing.

I mostly agree. The story has some great scenes, and strong moments, but it isn't too coherent overall. I also can't stop seeing the missed opportunities.
Nico was surprisingly likeable.

Imagine a LDK mode? Must be complete chaos and pleasure using SDT.

Vfags fought this theory tooth and nail even after release.

It'd be neat if they had something where a large number of them would lead to them being confident in rushing you, or killing one enrages another or something.

I get the feeling that if 5SE gets LDK mode there will be rooms where you just have to deal with 30+ Empusas at once, and then at least one more wave of 30+ drop after a minute. Then later you get that but with 1 or 2 Queens and 2-6 Greens.

vergil wearing black means he'll be a protagonist now

nero is even wearing black pants now and vergil got his nero's cowboy boots from 4

Overall agree with most of the things you say. Based opinions on the series as well

Is there any Capcom series not inspired by B-films?

>but it isn't too coherent overall
I think it would have been fine if they weren't jumping around the timeline and we fought Urizen way less times than we needed too.

I fucking love action games bro. I love them all.
and I love, LOVE, Nico

What WAS that scene about? It only gave me the impression that Nico is emotionally stunted from her Daddy issues. Or that we are not allowed to get emotional over this whole thing.

Attached: 1505581775808.jpg (336x330, 16K)

This shit is so fucking good.

She was teasing him because Nero sounded like he wanted to cry because his dad ran away.

The scene was just Nico fucking with Nero and trying to shoot the shit.

Or just morph into Queen
I love that practically every enemy has its own quirk like Nobody masks or Judecca knock down teleport. I do wish they were a little active though. Like Nobody DT steal dance and summoning another

Not OP but it's a valid argument. It's a good game but not good enough to warrant killing a superior formula over. I would have preferred it being it's own thing or never existing at all. I don't feel this way about DMC5 personally but I did feel that way about DmC. I don't see that being a wrong way of thinking. I enjoyed playing DmC but boy do I wish it didn't kill off what the series use to be. Luckily we got something better eventually.

JYB said that a lot of their scenes were improvised.

DMC 3 > DMC 1 > DMC 5 >= DMC 4 >>> DMC 2

I went from...
DMC4 > DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC2
to
DMC5 > DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC4 > DMC2

DMC4 was my go to game for mechanical superiority while I technically preferred 1 and 3 for their overall package. Kind of funny how low it got once 5 released. It doesn't offer anything over any of the other games for me anymore. It went from my most replayed just for the mechanics to the one game I don't think I'll ever touch again.

That's apparently because the original english translation for the script was hot fucking garbage.

Langdon said that they basically had to bring in a new translator and hotfix it on the spot.

Pretty sure he said that while he was happy with dmc5, it's still not the best he could do and he's wanting to keep trying.

They had good chemistry in a sibling way. I'd love to see Faye Kingslee go to one of the DMC panels.

Attached: Photo.jpg (512x510, 57K)

Visually the only thing I want is for it to include a skull somewhere. Mechanically it's objectively great, since SM moves are much easier to weave into combos without switching.
If they really wanted, they could create a bunch of new SM moves and make the Summon Swords into the fifth style.

Attached: 1556315602604.jpg (1357x1920, 664K)

How would you do a DMC1 remake? What would you put in it and would you not?

Attached: Devil_May_Cry_-_North-american_cover.jpg (336x433, 40K)

>DMC panels.
I'm surprised none of the ladies ever went to any of the panel for any of the games. I'd like to hear more about them.

I would put in DMC1 and I would not put in anything else.

I'd like to keep the game mostly in line with how it was designed in the first place. I would leave in the preset camera angles and the like. I'd just improve things like the underwater sections. This is one of those games that I personally don't believe needs to be remade. Changing it too much would take away from its uniqueness.

Yeah, there scenes together came out good. The scene where she's directing him to pick something up originally was just a mundane scene where he grabbed the item and they left. Apparently when the director was directing Johnny where to reach there was nothing there and Johnny kept reaching for the wrong spot in the directors eyes. He didn't put any marker or anything. So the scene ended up being a parody of her watching JYB failing to pick up an invisible object.

I would mostly want quality of life. Add a quick swap button between Alastor and Ifrit as well as the guns. I think mechanically the game is already really solid I don't know if adding new moves would fuck with the formula too much. Would require a lot of play testing.

The girls have streamed with them but I don't think any of them have actually gone to any Panels.

Nothing at all. Trying to force all the innovation that later games had would just kill the charm of the game, and make it a lesser DMC5 without Nero and V.
At that point and at that budget, might as well just make a brand new game.

DMC2 on the other hand.....

Not a remake. Take the PS2 version and remaster it correctly (not like the HD Collection or Switch port) and then make it 1SE.
>Gun hotswapping and a better input for Alastor/Ifrit hotswapping
>More than one enemy type per room (old enemy placement is an option)
>Secret Mission Select (an absolute necessity from here on after 5 did it)
>Bloody Palace
>Playable Trish & Nelo Angelo (just pull 2 Trish & 3SE Nelo)
>Optional Gold Orb mode for casuals

Attached: 1510630694483.png (655x642, 405K)

Greatest action game of all time in my eyes. Although honestly, it's not really perfect either. Dante is still the most fun character by far and away and I would've liked him to have gotten at least one more melee weapon and one more firearm, the latter preferably being Artemis or a new weapon like it. DKA's moveset is kinda boring and underwhelming imo. Nero is fun to play but not being able to cycle through Devil Breakers does kinda suck. V is fun to play as well but he's still too limited. Still, despite the game being at least somewhat casualized, the sheer amount of moves and abilities at your disposal when playing as Dante (or even Nero) is astounding and is incredibly fun to play. I think even though while 4 Dante was more technical, 5 Dante is the best he's ever played purely because of all the options you have at your disposal and unlike in 4, his styles and weapons are actually FUN.

Story-wise, it's kinda underwhelming. Dante still refuses to take anything seriously until the last fourth of the game or so, that part being the strongest Dante has been written since 3 and even still he was a tad too jokey. It's nice that Vergil got some development through V but still once he comes back, he has an odd one-track mind and immediately wants to fight Dante instead of at least catching up a bit. Nero's motivation is kinda stupid even if I understand having your arm ripped off would suck a lot. You'd think Vergil had killed or nearly killed Kyrie or something. Even the justification for his motivation after the reveal that Vergil is his dad is kinda flimsy since there's no indication that he ever really gave a shit about Credo or that he didn't have any blood family. But it's better than 4's barebones story at least.

>How would you do a DMC1 remake? What would you put in it and would you not?

Assuming the game was going to be brought up to modern DMC standards, there would be need of massive overhauls.

DMC1 doesn't just have lower enemy counts but also way smaller areas with tight corridors and not much mobility. The castle would basically need to be redesigned to support increased movement abilities and the lack of a fixed camera. DMC1 also has very few weapons and bosses, every boss is re-fought 3 times. I would probably add some new bosses and new enemy types. As well as additional weapons so there's more than just sword/gauntlets.

Story can keep the basic framework but definitely needs tweaks to work better with the modern DMC canon, as much as I love the LIIIIGHT scene it can't really be replicated without seeming very forced so they the script probably needs some big changes.

0.5 cents have been deposited into your account ;)

Which account?

I have the feeling that Capcom is doing that on purpose now, maybe because it has become a tradition that the translation is hilariously bad.
I mean they had a foot in the western videogame market for decades now and they still fuck up the engllish translation?
Yeah no I do not buy that anymore, the guys who choose the translators are clearly fucking with the rest of the company.

Nothing, the game is already good the way it's, if anything it should be only worked more it's combat pace(Make combat faster and weapon slot) and improve some levels, like under water missions and gimmick levels(Mundus first half, under water section and airplane).

DMC2 would benefit from a remake that's for sure.

Okay, I take it back; Secret Mission Select would be an absolute boon to this game.
Or just simply Mission Select in general

>As well as additional weapons so there's more than just sword/gauntlets.
You can readily put Cerberus in the game as Dante canonically kept it until he broke it against Balrog.

Perhaps make it something available to you after you beat it per difficulty. You can just fuck around on any mission at any difficulty with all upgrades after a few clears.

OwO what's this?

Attached: Devil_May_Cry_Trial_Edition,_Alastor_named_'Air'.png (1366x768, 483K)

Attached: 1558520289132.png (472x421, 329K)

>DMC2 would benefit from a remake that's for sure.

And it's never going to get one because how the fuck do you sell people on the idea of buying a remake of a game they hated?

>Dante still refuses to take anything seriously until the last fourth of the game or so
In the novel he sounds way more determined to kill Urizen and he actually sounds like he's sick of Vergil shit. They shouldn't have left those parts out because it improves on dante's characterization and doesn't make him sound like he doesn't care.

You don't expect Vergil to change that quickly right? Remember that monologue V was saying to Nero about them being destined to fight because they're each others opposites. Those two don't know how to talk to each other without fighting even in dmc 3, they needed nero to talk some sense into them.

For me
DMC1 = DMC5 > DMC3 > DMC4 > > > > > DmC > > > > > > > > Shit > > > > > DMC2

Terrible post.

Oh fuck off. I'm sick and tired of this board's cynicism like you're not allowed to like anything.

Although I do have some minor complaints, like why is there no option for the alternate Style Announcer to be the voice that calls the title of the game at the title screen and Vergil's fucking hair.

DMC0 where you play as Sparda when?

Terrible reply.

Nero isn't more like Sparda than anyone else is, him having red and blue colors is just him being a successor to both Vergil and Dante according to the devs, it had nothing to do with Sparda

Why are you so assmad?

Screencap this.
God Hand remake in RE engine.

No, screencap me. Capcom isn't working on any God Hand products.

DMC 1 = DMC 3 = DMC 5 > DMC 4 >DmC > DMC 2

Never ever because they would fuck it up.

We'll rue the day when it happens, because it will be terrible.

I'll find you and murder you for just for because I feel bad that it's not gonna happen

Attached: 1444768165543.gif (574x858, 257K)

>WHY ARE YOU ASSMAD

bro nobody here is mad, only you because you got called out at your terrible opinion, chill

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

So Vergil is autistic and Dante is wacky woohoo pizza man. What is Sparda's personality like?

>what’s the next step forward?
Dragons Dogma 2.

Original concept was Dante would just use the same sword through the whole game, with different elements being added to it to beat elemental weaknesses.
Kinda boring, glad they put the different elements on different weapons.

Whacky autist

Include this guy in the screencap.

Do you think the reason people hated it is because of the story or something? A remake of 2 that plays as good as 5 or even maybe better would be a seller, not because it's a remake but because it's a new DMC game that'll replace the bad one from existence

DMC1 Dante but more macho

No
Vergil dlc

Oh man I played this demo so many fucking times at my brothers flat and then when he bought the full game did I play that even more.
Such a shame that he never bought 3 after the flop that was 2 ( a thing that I had to correct by myself before dmc 5 dropped which was a nice but slightly frustrating nolstalgia trip).
Maybe in a perfect world user, maybe there could this be a possibility.

>Do you think the reason people hated it is because of the story or something? A remake of 2 that plays as good as 5 or even maybe better would be a seller, not because it's a remake but because it's a new DMC game that'll replace the bad one from existence

Making a good DMC2 is basically making a different game, so why not just make DMC6 at that point? Everything good about DMC2 has already been salvaged in the sequels and the story basically doesn't matter in the canon.

>In the novel he sounds way more determined to kill Urizen and he actually sounds like he's sick of Vergil shit. They shouldn't have left those parts out because it improves on dante's characterization and doesn't make him sound like he doesn't care.
Yeah. I never read it but it's stupid how it's literally the biggest threat they've faced since DMC1, with Redgrave City being threatened and possibly the entire world for once and Dante acts like he barely gives a shit most of the time. I miss DMC1 Dante where he absolutely would've cared.

>You don't expect Vergil to change that quickly right? Remember that monologue V was saying to Nero about them being destined to fight because they're each others opposites. Those two don't know how to talk to each other without fighting even in dmc 3, they needed nero to talk some sense into them.
I don't know, I thought maybe V's guilt would manifest in Vergil.

Like Nero but less deadweight

Attached: 1549368930960.jpg (5120x2160, 928K)

>so why not just make DMC6 at that point?
Because that'll retcon DMC2 from existence, would implement more of it's great ideas, have a good despair embodied boss fight, no Nero, and a new playable character. Why are you so against the idea? Seems fun to me

>Sparda is a foul mouthed, power hungry, and fights like a wrestler
Are you retarded?

Whereas Nero is a combination of Vergil's desire for power and Dante's rashness of action (at least in his youth), Sparda would be the opposite. That being, the calm collected demeanor of Vergil with Dante's sense of flair (hence his use of Luce & Ombra while Vergil abhors guns usually).

Also both Sparda & Nero got that human pussy and were willing to fuck up top-tier demonic shit to protect it.

Attached: 1542577828193.jpg (1280x1128, 264K)

You're talking to a Luciafag bruh they're desperate to have her appear in future games.

>Because that'll retcon DMC2 from existence

Would it? DMC3, 4 and 5 are all still made with it in mind. Even if you pretend it doesn't exist its still a part of the series. Better to just move on and accept that it happened.

I don't hate it, but I think it'll only work when Nero is significantly older, like in his 40's.

Yeah, while Dante and Vergil were cray Ying-Yang, I think Sparda is outght to be more well-rounded. If for nothing else, but for the experience of living for so long, and probably being the first demon who understood humans and love.

Yes, because than we can pretend that the only DMC2 that exists is the remake

That opinion is based as fuck though. You are a pleb.

Attached: 1551748183853.png (1067x625, 756K)

I'm not a Luciafag, she's as bland as a board, why would I prefer her over Lady or Trish who is more attractive

>V's guilt would manifest in Vergil.
That's what we'll get to see in future games but you did see it a little when he wanted to cut down the tree. It took 15 years for Vergil to change, he's a stubborn old man.

>Yes, because than we can pretend that the only DMC2 that exists is the remake

But if DMC2 becomes a good game, it's total non-relevance in the canon becomes even weirder.

>no Nero
What's wrong with him?

Attached: 1555764802069.jpg (540x674, 61K)

Anybody have a webm of Nero doing wrestling bullshit? I love those animations.

Attached: D_uzRM4WkAEg2A9.png (611x759, 561K)

>Giving this much of a shit over DMC cannon
They could do so much to make the story more relevant, Matier literally knew Sparda, they could explain why Dante's summoned sword look like the despair embodied. There's so much they could do

Oh shit! I've missed out on this week's finalrumble!

Nothing, I'm just sick of him taking up half the camping till we reach Dante and than we go back to him again in the end. making them remake DMC2 would get their heads out of their ass and make them understand how to place a better campaign with more than one character

>No Nero
Nero's moveset in 5 is GOD

Now that I think about it, that explains why Ifrit is just Alastor's hilt on some gloves.

Attached: Ifrit_DMC.png (350x416, 176K)

>they could explain why Dante's summoned sword look like the despair embodied.
I can explain that. Because somebody at Capcom thought the design looked cool.

>No Nero
>No Vergil
>No DSD
>No King Cerb
>No Balrog
The only way for this franchise is forwards. There's no way of remaking 1 or 2 without them being underwhelming in comparison to 5 or a possible 6.

Attached: CLGV66dUMAALhjv.jpg (768x1024, 114K)

Wrong, that was an intentional reference to 2, and that's all to it, but they could expand on that with more reasons

>No Nero
That's a good thing
>No vergil
He was the reason Dante got out of hell in the end of 2, they could jam him right in easily, and as always make him playable in SE
>No DSD
Eh, seeing rebellion back one more game sounds like a good goodbye to me
>>No King Cerb
>>No Balrog
You think they'll bring those back on later games? Lol
And a DMC6 is welcomed obviously, I'd want it first before all this remake shenanigans

How do we know Sparda didn't go muh power for eva ?

Why are all the attack animations for Rebellion less flashy and impactful than they were in 4? Even the sound effects are a downgrade.

Attached: 谷歌翻译.jpg (1031x1126, 77K)

>That's a good thing
Wrong.

>You think they'll bring those back on later games?
Why would they not? It's even possible for Balrog to get his own boss fight in the future.

>Rebellion in 4
>flashy and impactful
It hit like a wet noodle in comparison to 3, what are you talking about.

>That's a good thing
No it's not

>that was an intentional reference to 2, and that's all to it, but they could expand on that with more reasons

Why though? Why does everything need to be connected to something else? This is the kind of garbage that ruined MGS with how the Patriots were ACTUALLY YOUR CODEC TEAM FROM MGS3 WOAH and its just annoying.

DMC doesn't need more of that shit, Nero being Vergil's son already feels forced as it is.

>It's even possible for Balrog to get his own boss fight in the future.
They already had his fight in the novel tho

If you say so. 5's swords manage to be even worse.

Dante looks great, its the DSD that looks fucking disgusting and it singlehandedly takes at least a full point of enjoyment from me from this game. Rebellion looks so good, even Sparda looks great but DSD has the most complex function locked behind one of the ugliest swords in the series. Mind you it looks okay when its "awakened" but that should just be how rebellion looks when you go sin DT

>People still hating Nero, even after DMC5's release

Attached: 1559877948495.jpg (749x339, 43K)

And Balrog said he'd like a rematch later.

vergil when

Dragons Dogma 2 naturally

Do you really want the devs to be blinded on how horribly paced the campaign is? Removing Nero and remaking 2 would set their minds on the right track, and than they could return to Nero just fine.
>Why would they not? It's even possible for Balrog to get his own boss fight in the future.
King Cerburus can't come back because it isn't OG Cerburus Dante won't keep it for sentimental reasons as he did before, and because new game can't have the exact same weapons of an older title, Balrog could have a boss fight though but that's about it

>dragons dogma 2 in re engine
Please no. It just looks so ugly.

Rebellion animations suck because Capcom insists on using the same fucking animation since DMC3. It needs to get updated badly. Adding some new effects on top doesn't cut it.

Your the one asking for story reasons, I don't care much about it, I just want the cool concepts in 2 to be in a good game

>muh pacing
Nero is not an issue, V is

DMCV was already so brainless the next step is a straight up DMC musou game.

> I just want the cool concepts in 2 to be in a good game

They were, they're called DMC3, 4 and 5.

>new game can't have the exact same weapons of an older title
Except Rebellion, and E&I, and Coyote, and a new gauntlet weapon and improved versions of Kalina and Cerb.

No, if anything Dante's arsenal has been kept more or less the same throughout the years. The experimented and took away the fluff or gimmicks, but in 5 there aren't any fluff or gimmick weapons so it's a loss by taking much of anything. Dante is basically done. Let Vergil and Nero get new weapons and let Dante keep what he has and everybody wins.

September

Nero is an issue, especial now that Vergil would join in later games

>Nero is an issue
[Citation needed]

>you want to play as Dante? Sorry, you gotta play as Nero for half the game first
And add Vergil to that and you'll have a mess, they should take more ideas from DMC2 is all I'm saying

Just take Dante and V out and replace them with Vergil. There's your perfect pacing.

Attached: D2anKJHX4AELbrL.jpg (1200x675, 104K)

I don't think Vergil needs new weapons, just more moves, maybe styles.
I always viewed him being very focused in combat as another contrast to Dante who picks up and uses whatever Devil Arm he can get his hands on.

Except that rebellion in 3 and 4 were different, and in 5 it's dead
And all gauntlets were different too

>if you want to play as Vergil you'll first have to play as Nero for half the game
Didn't solve anything here buddy

>rebellion in 3 and 4 were different
In what way? It's got almost the same moves and inputs.

>all gauntlets were different
They've been all based on the same blueprint with a moveset that expanded with each entry, and until Balrog they all used the same charge mechanic.

The apex of character design

So (You) simply don't like Nero? Ok then

>Implying Nero is a problem

Rebellion literally has less moves in 4, crazy combos exists in 3, and drive is faster and with a different input in 4

No, I like Nero. I just hate the problems he brought, if we removed him for a bit the devs will that they should give the player an option with who they want to play as, instead trying so hard to make Nero the star

That's what I said
>combo B ender changed to million stab
>sword pierce replaced with roundtrip and put on hold melee
>dance macabre on forward style and slightly changed
>drive faster and on style backward, plus fast drive on melee+style

>3 protagonists
>25+ missions
there

Wasnt there supposed to be an any character in any mission mode?

Game would be 10/10 if they added that.

Buy Special Edition goy :^)

No that was a lie

Didnt we literally datamine vergil mode and any character in any mission mode? What the fuck was that called again? Variant mode? What happened with all that?

You can play with swap tzble
Although it doesn't work properly in some missions. You can finish 17 missions as Nero I think

Divergence.

fuck capcom

Attached: 1537410819327.png (584x575, 242K)

It was fake from day 1

Would you?

Attached: 1558802504945.jpg (935x1429, 106K)

She's a better looking Trish

Yes, I would rather play as her than V

A remake of DMC2 would be good if Capcom put the right people and enough resources, make the right marketing. DMC2 has some good concepts that weren't well explores or weren't the focuse, Argosax should had been the true villian and Lucia could have some more exposition while having a better gameplay.

Sparda was the mix of both Vergil and Sparda, he was classy, colected and cold but smug, joyfull and straight up asshole, imagine him like that pompus guy that is a straight up savage in a conversation but still colected like a english gent.

Attached: images (66).jpg (399x768, 36K)

>if you don't like how shit the pacing and amount of mission there are, than you must just be a blond Neeo hater
Are you dense?

that wouldn't make playing as v any better

>instead of an ugly edgy dude we get a hot goth girl
Sounds like an upgrade to me, and V's gameplay could always receive an upgrade that'll make it more bearable

Vergil should be able to hold Summoned Sword and summon Doppelganger for 2-3 DT bars (like how Dante has summoned swords with DSD for DT meter), controlled like how V controls Griffon or Shadow. It's a one-time cost but you don't have as direct control over your summoned swords since they're connected to the Doppelganger and it only goes away when it loses all of its health bar or you finish the fight you're on.

Nero needs enemies to compliment his buster arm gimmick like he did in 4, he also needs a rival boss that's not Vergil

Attached: image00097.jpg (1357x1920, 632K)

Oh hell yeah, she just needs some black lipstick and heavier eyeliner to be my type.

Enemies being designed solely around Nero was part of the reason why 4 Dante was underwhelming despite Style Switch, but I agree that more Buster interactions with regular enemies would be nice. More exaggerated moves too; in 4 he did Final Atomic Buster and shit like that. IIRC Rainbow used to be able to reflect certain projectiles too.

Also god damn I love Daigo Ikeno's artstyle.

Attached: 1553374949035.jpg (564x805, 56K)

It is free in the sense that is released free online in japan.

if they set the next DMC in hell while keeping Nero on earth, they should give every character an enemy that compliments their playstyle, and campaign of their own, I think that could work.

Attached: image00209.jpg (1357x1920, 738K)

I'd personally keep it limited to being a DT mechanic, considering how OP it might be. It can work as an afterimage and deliver a second strike similar to Dante's SM Swords, or deliver a complimentary move on certain attacks. Like if you use a launcher that doesn't also launch yourself, the doppleganger will spike it back down so you can continue a ground combo.

Attached: 1543278750057.png (1518x878, 134K)

>Bard demon
Imagine if using Dante's ex taunt while one of these guys is nearby activates a special animation, like Dante dancing with a different anination and the demon playing some music with some intensity.

Attached: 1562313531184.gif (268x200, 2.98M)

Vergil DLC soon.

>New summoned swords types like being able of defending him from coming attacks
>Yamato can be charged with two bars of the DT bar, it would increase any attack from Yamato, and it would add a new effect that every attack cuts through reality
>Better motivation bar effects like increasing Vergil speed and adding new effects over the summoned swords, on top of damage increase and increased range
>Motivation bar can be sacrificed to allow Vergil to use a "quicksilver" type of power
>Vergil can use 5 Judgment Cut in a row, both on ground or in air
>Vergil can trick up and down, and also teleport toward enemies
>Vergil can block and come up with a counter attack of his own
>SDT can create a clone of himself
>SDT has a JCE that cuts through reality but in a more devastating way by opening big breachs that deals constant damage and with the help of his clone
>SDT plants Yamato in the ground and blue fire comes out of the ground
>SDT charges a attack that releases a energy wave toward everything in front of him
>SDT flys toward a enemy causing massive damage when landing
>SDT flys toward a enemy and causes massive damage when landing
It would be better if his dopplerganger was excluisive to his SDT and could be sent to be in a agressive mode or defensive, like agressive he straight up goes to demons to deal damage while defensive he just mimics your attacks(and protects you from enemies if they get closer).

Attached: 1560011508173.jpg (1357x1920, 681K)

exquisite taste, my good sir.

Big if true

>New summoned swords types like being able of defending him from coming attacks
like royalguard?
>Yamato can be charged with two bars of the DT bar, it would increase any attack from Yamato, and it would add a new effect that every attack cuts through reality
seems needlessly unnecessary for a a character that already deals a lot of damage
>Motivation bar can be sacrificed to allow Vergil to use a "quicksilver" type of power
why would Vergil have quicksilver?
>Vergil can block and come up with a counter attack of his own
how would you implement that exactly?
>DT has a JCE that cuts through reality but in a more devastating way by opening big breachs that deals constant damage and with the help of his clone
isn't JCE overpowered enough?
>SDT plants Yamato in the ground and blue fire comes out of the ground
doesn't feel like a move that fits Vergil
I was thinking of moving summoned swords and darkslayer style to the triggers and make the gauntlets and "Force Edge" buttons of their own

Attached: artbook_18.jpg (624x806, 377K)

I'm not letting you diee

Attached: 1556888491305.jpg (262x334, 22K)

This is the supposed "leak".

>like royalguard?
Kind off, more like it damage enemies that tries to attack you
>seems needlessly unnecessary for a a character that already deals a lot of damage
Maybe, but I just added to be a similar mechanics to charging DSD and because cutting through dimension at each attack seems cool.
>why would Vergil have quicksilver?
Remember his intro in DMC3SE?
>how would you implement that exactly?
This shit is actually a good question, it should either be a style or a advanced parry mechanic unique to Vergil.
>isn't JCE overpowered enough?
More power never is enough, besides, SDT should be OP in visual terms.
>doesn't feel like a move that fits Vergil
This one is just to mimic Dante's SDT where he lands and causes a small explosion by playing his sword into ter ground.

>I was thinking of moving summoned swords and darkslayer style to the triggers and make the gauntlets and "Force Edge" buttons of their own
Could you expand it a little bit.

Attached: 1564014399090.png (1605x264, 14K)

>isn't JCE overpowered enough?
MORE POWER.

Attached: 1392670321516.png (917x688, 310K)

I want Nero to slam dunk my boy pussy.

When will he have enough power?

>show time
That leak sounds similar to the fake datamine we got before its too detailed.

>why would Vergil have quicksilver?
Well, Urizen has it.

He has enough power now that he got the fruit and his emo side back.

If consuming the fruit would remove any humanity he had left, how was he able to keep his humanity after merging back with his demonic side which consumed the fruit?

The fruit purged the humanity from Urizen, but V was like 95% of Vergil's humanity, which despite V's physical state became stronger once reunited into his original form.

Fruit doesn't remove humanity, it's just more power.

>no divergence mode
>no turbo mode
reee etc.

But that was just his power side which barely had any humanity with it.

Humanity is more powerful than the fruit, Ur reason should have killed and ate his human side.

Attached: 1539936960132.png (1542x1080, 713K)

>Maybe, but I just added to be a similar mechanics to charging DSD and because cutting through dimension at each attack seems cool
Dimention cutting slashes seem rediclous to me, won't it leave Vergil in danger too?
>Remember his intro in DMC3SE?
That's just showing how Vergil is more of a speed demon compared to Dante not that he stopped time
>it should either be a style or a advanced parry mechanic unique to Vergil
No one but Dante needs more than one style, a parry mechanic would be nice.
>Could you expand it a little bit.
I was just thinking why does Vergil need weapon switching when he has enough buttons for each weapon, that's all to it, and it could help make Vergil more unique.
Square = Gauntlets
Triangle = Yamato
Circle = "Force Edge"
L2 = Summoned Swords
R2 = Darkslayer style
I still think this idea is wonky though and shouldn't be implemented as it is.

So the humanity purging is just a one time thing? I overall enjoyed the touch that Vergil was able to consume the fruit and keep his humanity in the end but it just seems weird to me that the fruits ability to consume any humanity left is simply a quick burst and then stops completely.

Humanity isn't a literal meter you can measure; they mean how much of an asshole you are. Eating something created from thousands of human sacrifices does classify Urizen as a huge asshole.
Dante tried reasoning with Urizen because he thought he was Vergil, but Urizen had no humanity and almost no memories of his previous life. He was 100% pure distilled power autism.

Makes sense, thanks user.

You're taking it literally my man. Dante was just talking about the part of urizen that remembered his childhood and dante.

So Vergil unleashed his power on the world, got to eat the fruit and in the end can say it wasn't his fault, he tried to stop it.

This feels like you're switching things around for the Hell of it. I think instead, they should keep weapon switching, but use L2 for some new mechanic. For example, he could have different variants of Summon Swords, to give him more ranged options, or they could use it to activate/deactivate Doppleganger. You're also assuming Vergil will only have three melee weapons, which may not be true depending on how much dev time he gets.
The D-pad is also free, so we could assign something new to that.

Attached: 1552451522585.png (1024x1024, 373K)

>can say it wasn't his fault,
Even though he did it to save himself, vergil still gets blamed for committing sudoku in the first place.

Attached: 1543469985747.jpg (1350x2400, 2.01M)

This should be separated into two weapons: Yamato and a FE replacement, and gauntlets. Pressing square with the swords would be the Yamato combo, triangle would be the FE combo, while square would be punches and triangle would be kicks for the gauntlets. You could combine different sequences of square and triangle to get different combos; think Bayonetta but simpler.

Summoned swords should be put on R2.

That's the idea I've had for a while with Vergil.

Pretty much. The tree was going to sprout anyways IIRC, but Urizen made the situation worse.
And while Urizen was the physical manifestation of Vergil's autism, V was Vergil's humanity but still an autistic chuuni. V felt guilt over what he did and almost died trying to fix everything. That's why Vergil could ultimately be forgiven; he does have good inside him. If he didn't, he wouldn't have trapped himself to seal the Qlipoth away.

Attached: 1553049422565.jpg (3840x1600, 780K)

so was the qliphoth just using urizen as a host to grow the apple and the qliphoth was seeking blood from the portal urizen used to get there?

The d-pad is almost certainly being used for DG. Every time it's been usable we've had the option of putting delay on its attacks, so that's likely getting used. You could also have manual (with a static Vergil) and automatic options, and if you put DG activation on the d-pad that the whole pad. Moreover the d-pad was used for DG in DmC.

I think it's likely they'll give him a block/parry too. So that leaves one more button for weapon switching.

To my understanding, Urizen was leeching power from the Qlipoth and bonded with it in some way. The Qliphoth would have sprouted from the Demon World and grown the fruit regardless of whether he'd been there, though.

LET'S HEAR WHAT THAT SOUNDS LIKE

its just that everyone in the pachinko machine looks better

Attached: 6.webm (1280x720, 2.43M)

Man, nero and vergil should get some sleep. those bags under their eyes are nuts

Dante and Nero don't

Attached: 1550802171298.jpg (1602x2148, 231K)

>think Bayonetta but simpler
issue is that this does not work well for DMC combat due to a lack of an offset system generally not focusing on following a preset combo to the end but rather creating your own via single commands and short preset combos.

>Dimention cutting slashes seem rediclous to me, won't it leave Vergil in danger too?
Imagine he leaving a "line" like those leaves when using JNE except is more "tame" when compared to his DT combo A in DMC4.
>That's just showing how Vergil is more of a speed demon compared to Dante not that he stopped time
He isn't stoping time, just moving faster, Quiksilver is just a way to say he is moving fast.

>I was just thinking why does Vergil need weapon switching when he has enough buttons for each weapon, that's all to it, and it could help make Vergil more unique.
I dunno user, seems cool for a DMC character, but not Vergil. Maybe Lucia would work better.

Because it is.

Attached: 1563826361789.webm (1920x1080, 2.81M)

> besides Nero the chad everyone else looked like crap
that's the models' fault, as in literal real-life models, not 3D ones
dante never had a fixed appearance. show me 2 games where dante keeps the same face. you can't.
besides, this is the best face he's ever had. i don't like the washed out outfit though

Attached: 1543174852762.png (385x447, 223K)

Anime as fuck
Nero's hair should be always kept at a proper ruffling length

Attached: (you) ruffling nero's hair.png (644x486, 152K)

>trapped himself to seal the Qlipoth away
He's not trapped, he has yamato to leave the demon world any time he wants to.

DMC5 had the worst Devil Arms for Dante. Fight me if you disagree.

Is it safe to say they're setting up for nero to go down a dark path in dmc6. It will be most likely vergil saving him

Not only does he always look different he also never had a consistent voice actor until the 4th fucking game.

WE GOTTA RESCUE REVENGEANCE BROS

Attached: 850492-0459.jpg (236x253, 11K)

I don't fight mentally ill people.

I'd be ok with that

They should at least make a spiritual successor to Revengeance with the same kind of gameplay in a different universe

I can't think of what pre-existing game universe would work for it though so it would probably just have to be a new one

No, I think you need a special gate for that. That's why they made such a big deal out of them leaving, instead of either saying "It's cool Nero we can just come and go whenever".

I will, bitch.
>Best gauntlets
>Upgrade from Cerberus (doesn't have everything but the new stuff is better than the old)
>Best E&I in the series
>Three swords lets you keep up style while keeping with the same moveset for a while, with Sparda having a couple neat tricks that make it worth using alongside DSD even if you don't go for that
>DSD in general massively expanding Dante's repetoire
>Double KA being rad as fuck when 3's KA kinda sucked
>Faust is really cool when you're just cheesing with Level 3 sustained fire or Red Hot Night for B-Ranks
>FINALLY Dante gets a truly heavy Devil Arm, and it's arguably the most fun in the series, PLUS it gets to do the same thing the swords do because of R existing (even if you can't use R in BP)
1 only has two real movesets even though Ifrit is godlike, 3 has a great big roster but is outclassed by the variety in each of 5's weapons, and 4's Dante arsenal was mediocre.

DMC2 and 4 exist

Attached: 1554824856445.webm (853x480, 2.81M)

not based

The gameplay is good but 75% of the appeal of Revengeance came from the characters, the writing, the sound design, the music, etc. People won't come in droves to play Avengeance: Rising Gear, they want Raiden, Sam, Blade Wolf, and a group of bosses that rival the Winds in memorability.

Revengance needs a lot of gameplay fixes. The idea of cool but zandatsu animations take too long for how frequent they are. i-frames on sidestep were broke, the combos didn't really feel great like how DMC does

How would you fix V’s combat style?

Hard Mode: Keep the summoning mechanic

Attached: FC275C2B-1A4B-425B-B1DF-735E56F5D4D7.jpg (600x315, 19K)

>the combos didn't really feel great like how DMC does

I disagree with that entirely. Some enemies like the helicopters didn't exactly mesh completely perfectly with the gameplay, but that's about it

Can I point out how good Rainstorm is in 5? People talk about how Itsuno took things from DmC for 5, but the #1 best thing he took from that game was Rainstorm starting sideways before pulling in. It's way more satisfying and useful. Also, beautiful Redline JC there, hard to time it to get multiple hits and keep there where you want them.

more moves, more summons that you can switch between and nightmare being always manually controllable

If you're referring to the ending part it's a mistranslated. Nero says he wants to go with them not that they'll be trapped.

Sam is the only boss that doesn't get a 100% guaranteed "he's fucking done" death scene. He seemingly bleeds out. Unless the lock on his sword was attached to his vital signs or something, it's been a while.

I think a lot of people were put off by Revengeance because it was Metal Gear related. Regardless, the people that buy Platinum games were going to buy Revengeance regardless of whether or not is was a MG game

well they are using fan feedback for dmc5 se already so lets see where that goes

It doesn't need "Fixing", it essentially has the same problem Nero did in DMC4: it's good, but not fully realized yet.
I'd add a few more moves and some alternate summons to equip, with their own special attacks and dodges. The only limitation I'd foresee is you could only swap Summons at the Van, since otherwise it'd nullify the point of giving them HP.
You could also add a few moves for the cane, but they'd need to focus around utility, not attacking.

Attached: 1556945471801.jpg (843x719, 126K)

You turn into the monsters you summon. I get the idea is that he's too weak to engage in combat but I hate how boring it is to sit on the sidelines. Also more summons, spider boss and various monsters from DMC1 would be great.

issue is that the entire design is ass backwards. the combos encourage you to use dodge offset while enemy design encourages you to just parry spam everything to death.
Sam's charging was a fun idea but is ruined due to lack of offset, requiring you to do dumb, awkward setups that either clear an entire room or get you killed

Did they mention something already?

AS I STARE INTO THE EYES OF THE COMING APOCALYPSE

>The Qliphoth would have sprouted from the Demon World and grown the fruit regardless of whether he'd been there, though.
This has heen proven wrong since the game released. The Qliphoth had not grown a single time in the 2000 years since Sparda defeated Mundus because Sparda essentially put a wedge between the two dimensions. The only reason it grew in 5 was a DIRECT result of Urizen using the Yamato to bring it over for that exact purpose.

You throw it in the trash

The "You can't comeback"?

>since otherwise it'd nullify the point of giving them HP
what if the hp is shared between summons within a category? so that if they get ko'd you won't have access to any summon within that category.
another option could be to have shared hp over ALL summons, forcing you to consider how many summons are worth keeping active at once.
Of course both of these options still require a balancing on DT revival because that shit is way too easy to trigger all the time

Make the summons always stuck with the summoner, and the only way to detach them is with the auto button, and give him 4 different DT summons (Nightmare/Phantom/Leviathan/Cerburus), also add more melle moves other than royalfork

Attached: 1553834477861.jpg (762x762, 102K)

Attached: chu.png (1260x794, 921K)

yes for some reason the jap to eng translation really sucks in 5

>a fucking motorcycle for devil arm
>worst in the series

Attached: 1559183772856.png (921x288, 281K)

they said a SE would be good to put on a next gen console as they already got some great feedback

As someone who speaks nip and has looked at the Japanese translations for all the games, I can positively say that 5 has the best translation even accounting for its goofs.

fucking what

>based balrog
>based cavaliere
>based DSD
>based king cerberus

please eat shit and die

Yeah but DMC never looked as bad as a hollywood B-movie until 5. they even pretty much got rid of the cool fight choreography for character being more nonsensically human in the cutscenes like they don't know their own characters.
For instance why the fuck are all these characters with super healing permanently covered in small cuts and scratches? & why the fuck does trish have trouble pulling V up from the ledge?

the answer; they were imitating bland hollywood bullshit at the cost of the story, characters & continuity.

Attached: trish throw.gif (457x231, 1.9M)

Balrog are the best gauntlets in the series. Cavalier is fun as fuck, and good old Cerberus is back with some new tricks. Your tastes are shit.

>Upgrade from Cerberus (doesn't have everything but the new stuff is better than the old)
Actually, it kinda does. Out of the two moves it's missing, windmill is at the end of combo B (same as in 3) and revolution is just a better version of glitter. It actually expanded a bit on it by allowing air revolver and shooting ice spikes for DT Revolver.

Unfortunately those goofs happen at the most important points and fans misunderstand the nuances especially towards the ending.

No.

Attached: 1562554668841.webm (540x304, 2.95M)

Isuno should actually fix the gameplay to increase the skill ceiling.it's limited compared to 4

The fuck they already talked about an SE? Fuck buying the game again

>muh guardfly

>For instance why the fuck are all these characters with super healing permanently covered in small cuts and scratches?
That was great, though. I love seeing heroes get banged up and battle damaged by the end.

capcom refused to include dlc beyond the launch dlc so yeah thats the best we can get

Goddamnit I love King Cerberus.

(You)

Attached: image00238.jpg (1357x1920, 681K)

Not just that the game is floaty. you guys can play the base game but l'll stick to cheat engine.

DMC5 had the best Vergil in the series. Fight me if you disagree.

Attached: EAFEUGDU0AI40OM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.1M)

Don't get why you guys are in such a hurry it's been like 4 months since the release.

>muh floaty
stay delusional fag

Wow look at that you have a dodge that takes up attack intputs and is 100% irrelevant because you already have 2 other dodges. Another one of your attack inputs is wasted on switching to kick mode & your combos & charge punches have been removed for a SINGLE pissweak jab you can spam.

Sauce? You know I love Vergil but it'd be cheaper if I could just buy him separately. In the digital age 5SE would need to be a big overhaul with tons of new content to justify itself.
I'll still buy it though.

Are you talking about looks or gameplay? Because he doesn't look better than DMC3 Vergil, and he is yet to playable

>a SINGLE pissweak jab
maybe you should play the game instead of spouting lies

They got a thirst, and the only thing that can quench it is more Vergil.

Attached: 1553313659518.jpg (1024x616, 48K)

It's even easier to do "curayzee" combos and stay in the air than DmC and that's just fucking pathetic. nothing is impressive because the timing for everything is so fucking generous to accommodate retards.

He's right though, the gravity could be a bit more heavier, I don't see why would you be against that

Attached: Nero.jpg (708x1258, 241K)

I'd love to see a DMC/RE pseudo-crossover. Like an RE-style survival horror game where you play as a Red Grave citizen trying to survive the first night of the Qliphoth massacre and escape. Empusa instead of zombies, green orbs in place of herbs, humans being mutated by demon blood, cameos of DMC and RE characters like having HUNK running around collecting samples for a shadowy organization, or finding what your character assumes is Dante's dead body under the collapsed street. It doesn't have to be canon, it would just be a fun throwback to the series origin, and could essentially just flip assets from DMC5 and REmake 2.

Attached: Red Grave City.jpg (1400x788, 1015K)

4 has a way better arsenal than 1. If you disagree with this you're a brainlet retard that never mastered 4 and is only dicksucking 1 to fit in.

When was the last time you played 4? clearly not recently if you think DMC5 isn't floaty

What weapons do you want for Baajiru?

I think a glaive would suit him well.

Attached: Wushu-Podao-Po-Dao-Zhanmadao-Kwan-Dao.jpg (1000x667, 73K)

it's one jab that you spam over and over again nigger. there's no combos, no combo finisher, no pause combo routs just that one pathetic awful looking attack.

Take a look at this faggot.

Attached: 1561758235675.jpg (480x270, 11K)

>DMC4fags still seething

Attached: smile_6.png (2560x1440, 1.7M)

keep on seething

I want him to use his poetry book as a weapon to throw at enemies.

I just watched the Japanese dub and the "You can't comeback" was a direct translation and about Nero wanting to go too wasn't a mistranslation per se, it's fucking basic even google translate can translate that. I think they rephrase it to add nuance of Nero wanting them to ask him to tag along.

play the game

>skill ceiling
>uses gold orb on urizen 3 on sos difficulty
:^)

>I love seeing the games own laws & lore be spit on in favour of Hollywood bullshit.

I just want another DMC game where the level design isnt complete boring shit and the enemies are not punching bags and characters actually have more than 4 attacks per weapon. Is that too much to ask?

that sounds like the fuckin worst

clearly You need to play the game.

I was going to include 1, but than I though it would be dickish and unfair since it was the first and it was just doing things that it thought was cool, while 4 had 3 to look back to, and yet it has less weapons than it and feels like a huge nerf

Attached: 1554827982428.webm (640x360, 2.2M)

play the game you liar

DMC5 is the only game in the franchise where I love every single weapon. Besides the obligatory Alastor/Rebellion The only other weapons I really liked was Cerberus in 3 and Lucifer in 4. Besides the bread and butter of Rebellion Cerberus is the only other weapon I thought was truly fantastic. Its massively improved in 5 and I think King Cerberus is actually the worst weapon in 5 and I love King Cerberus.

Who's bright idea was to have Vergil be the central point of the story and not make him playable character?

5 has 2 out of 3 of those requirements and there's Missions with good level design here and there (7, 8, 12, 15, I'd argue for 4 because of the shortcut) so I'd say you should get it eventually.

DMC 4 players have actually points

not an argument retard. show me your punch combo strings you've discovered that are only in your version of the game. where are they?
because everyone else has press Y to spam jab.

>muh guardfly
>muh broken collisions
>muh floaty
sure

you should know it if you played the game

It's truth Nero can only jump cancel another the second hit of this aerial combo or with the devil bringer. DMC 4 is more complex

let's see this revolutionary footage nigger. c'mon.
....maybe you just don't know what a combo string is.

come on man just play the game. then you'll know

it was great, we got quite literally filtered.
and i arrived here too late, i usually like making drawfaggotry for these threads. rip

>Shit story
>Shit styles
>Shit Dante weapons
>Nero
Keep eating your cactus just because you can perform the same combo from a different angle thanks to reversals that no one cares about

>muh putting 'muh' in front of things because i think does anything but expose me as a retard.
ok trout and tea.

keep on seething :)

trolling & spamming is a bannable offence. let's hope you can say anything of substance next post.

You forgot
attack latency (DMC 5 has more recovery frames after completing a combo like nero's combo A)
>Guard cancelling latency
>Dante has latency on his style star DMC4 dante falls faster.
> JC latency
All of these inclusions severely slows down the game. go back back and play 4 if you want proof.

Samurai weapons suit him well, so you could focus on those. A spear of some kind would be great. I'd also like to see what they'd do with a bow, since that'd focus on ranged/AoE attacks; they'd probably lift moves from DD's Magic Archer. For something exotic, I like the kusari gama.
If he gets gauntlets I want the fighting styles to be different from Dante's; maybe he could use animal style kung fu.

Attached: 1400612388221.jpg (538x403, 30K)

it's not trolling if I'm saying the truth. you seriously should just play the game instead of lying for no reason

We suddenly hate the game that kept the series alive for a decade now?

>inb4 we always hated it muh recycled levels!
Stop parroting, you vermin secondaries.

Attached: 1562331963287.jpg (372x372, 26K)

I like both games but base DMC5 is basic compare to DMC5 with cheat engine and DMC 4.

>can't come back
They can't come back then? We see them in the van and even Matt implied it was canon when someone asked him.

I don't get it. I'm not a 4fag but why would anyone ignore legitimate problems in 5 as if it was a perfect game with no flaws?
it should fix it's mistakes on later entries. Being against that is asking for the series to fail.

Attached: D-Un7jgU4AAFYaG.jpg (1024x1024, 286K)

who said anything about hating? if anyone then it's those fags shitting on 5

oops no substance. no effort to articulate a coherent argument.
yep just spam trolling.

Cultists can't handle criticism and will shit on older games because they were never really into this franchise to begin with.

You combofags only do the same 2 combos every time, schizophrenic dante isn't that interesting to see.

>We
>Parroting
Thanks for showing how new you are, a lot of people hated 4 before DmC came out, no one is hating on the game, it's just 4IOnlyWatchedDonguriAndHaveNoOpinionOnMyOwnfaggots being retarded as usual

>oh no I can't cancelspam the same attack over and over anymore and have to string together different attacks! This game is shit!

>combofags
Imagine thinking this is an insult. In a DMC thread.
What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be too busy writing fanfics about some mechanically shallow westacuck moviegames or something? Since gameplay portion obviously isn't your priority.

A lot of parrots, yeah. This is a niche franchise with a focus on high mastery ceiling. Hardcore fans kept it alive. The ones spending hundreds of hours in the debug mode.

Again, what are you doing here?

Attached: 1563920417847.png (398x400, 202K)

It makes Dante more responsive and increase he depth on the ground and air

i almost wish for legacy to come back

It's not shit. But it -is- inferior in some mechanics. And that's a pity because it's a sequel.

Yeah us real DMC fans don't play DMC for the comboing.
we play it for the other part. the loading screens oh yeaaah DMC has the best loading screens of any game I hate when it gets to the fighting part tho.

>Oh no the game wont respond to my inputs because it has lag on everything.
fixed that for you.