Why do people unironicly consider this the best smash game?

Why do people unironicly consider this the best smash game?
>All those duplicate characters
>All that broken moves
>No online, inb4 singleplayer apologists
>Complete lack of singleplayer content anyway fuck all to do

Attached: meto.jpg (220x307, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSz_6JrfddI&t=53s
youtube.com/watch?v=qYBNHAwyz4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're just stuck in the past

Jump momentum

Why do people unironicly consider smash bros series good?

because of the gameplay

I was hoping this bait would die, but might as well bite anyway since you bumped it
>All those duplicate characters
Not a problem
>All that broken moves
Name them
>No online, inb4 singleplayer apologists
It was 2001, this isn't a reasonable complaint to have, that would be a problem with Nintendo's hardware design and not with this specific game
It's a fighting game. They aren't known to have tons of single player content. Melee actually has a good amount of 1 player content for its genre and time, with events, trophies, minigames like break the targets to master, adventure mode was good for its time, etc.

Shine is literally the most broken move. And Peach's D-Smash can almost do 50% damage if connected.

Shine is pretty disgusting, I'll agree.

Peach's D-Smash isn't a huge issue, you can just SDI out of it on the first or second hit, the real issues with her are microfloat autocancel aerials, what the fuck was Sakurai thinking.

>no online
Hating Melee and being uninformed, name a more iconic duo.

No garbage characters like Gatornigger clogging up the roster.

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt muh banjo
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: ugly putrid fat fucking cunt.png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

>Duplicate characters
The only viable characters for serious play are:
Fox
Falco
Marth
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Peach
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Samus
Yoshi
Luigi

If you use any of the others, you are basically fighting a huge uphill battle, and its not worth it unless you are just doing casuals. It's a huge flaw, but you just have to accept it.
The only "duplicate" characters of this group are Fox/Falco.
While they both of the exact same animation set for all of theirs moves, the actual properties on both the moves and movement of the characters is wildly different, so much so that you have to approach fighting them way differently. This isn't the case for something like vs Ken and Ryu, who are both shotos.

>broken moves
jigglypuff's bair and rest
foxes shine
falco's dair and shine
marth's grab range and dair
shiek's down throw and b-up stall
Icie's wobble and hand-offs

Yeah, melee has broken moves, but the moves make you feel unstoppable and get you kills, as opposed to fsmashing someone at 90 percent, and them surviving.

>no online
melee has the best online, it's 2019, anther's ladder exists

>single player content
who plays smash by themselves?
it's either couch multiplayer fun (with items), or intense and casual (with no items) 1v1 fights offline and on, no one praises smash for it's single player.
thinking back on all the times i've played smash by myself, the most fun i've had is practicing tech or doing target test and board the platforms. (or dumping all my coins into the trophy machine one by one)

I don't think shine was ever intended to be an offensive tool the way it is in melee. That's why Fox from every future game barely plays like Melee fox.

Sounds like you're just bad, friend

Attached: 1561147199305.png (743x416, 731K)

This, even disregarding the autistic competitive shit like wavedashing and L-cancelling, the game just feels much better to play with jump momentum and faster gameplay.

You only named the broken moves that are broken in the strong way. Broken shit that's broken in the unusably bad way, like Mewtwo's Confusion and Roy's dash attack, are the real detriments to the game. Too many characters are garbage because of horrible if not flat out broken moves, the game is terribly balanced.

One of Fox's trophies mentions he's the best 1v1 character so they definitely knew he was good
Thing is Melee isn't balanced with 1v1's in mind and other entries are as a reaction to Melee being too hardcore in Soccerguy's eyes

Sounds like you're just a degenerate faggot that faps to morbidly obese reptile fucks like Gatornigger

But I play Melee online with project slippi R18 all the time with my friends. It's simply the best online smash experience. Ultimate online is a lag fest. I'd play more Ultimate if Nintendo gave a fuck about their online service, but they don't and most of my buddies have switched back to Melee, since netplay offers the smoothest connection.

well yeah.
SD remix exists and fixes these issues, but no one actually cares about playing a version of the game that's fun and more balanced.
Base game > Modded fun, always with people.

Remember me nigger?

Attached: 0AEECEEE-1AE7-41A3-AB8E-7862CF781871.jpg (1024x808, 119K)

Because it has the best mechanics, the most depth and the most wholesome community.

Sakurai is a hack

>Mewtwo's Confusion
not a bad move at all, you're just a bad player if you play melee at all and don't just parrot some other bait

Still melee spacies had a pretty distinct playstyle. Although, that was mainly due to a lot of the unintentional tech brought about in Melee. I do wish Ultimate Fox was a lot less bland.

Every game he's directed has sold over a million copies.

He made the longest living fighting game that still has multiple majors a year, 18 years after it's release.

He made Kirby.

The only issue you have with him is that he'd rather his games be accessible then deep.

Which is why he is a hack.

Confusion in Melee isn't good, it is always negative on hit, and for a "reflector" type move, it doesn't actually change ownership of the projectile. You can use confusion on Pikachu's neutral-b and still get hit with it. It's only use is as a gimp move on battlefield or to alter your airborne momentum.

Has there ever been a reflector move in the series that doesn't change projectile ownership besides Melee Confusion?

No.

>Try to get friends into Legacy XP because it'd be cool to play as all of those never evers
>"BRO JUST PLAY ULTIMATE."
I fucking hate how nobody gives modding a chance.

What are you guys favorite smashlikes?

Severe autism.

Waiting for Shovel Knight Showdown.

You know what would be a neat idea? A Smash clone starring all the meme request characters. Goku, Shrek, SpongeBob, Reimu, Steve, etc. Call it Super Roster Rejects.

Slap City and SSF2. The former is dead and the latter is mainly played by spics and SEAs.
Kind of exists youtube.com/watch?v=wSz_6JrfddI&t=53s

Why is it that every time I have an idea I think is neat and original, I find out it's already been done?

How is Slap City dead, it's not even out of early access?

I'm hyped for Knght Club.
youtube.com/watch?v=qYBNHAwyz4s
I tried a bit of it and it was fun enough.
Lurked in the discord though, and the creator absolutely hates smash.

>Knight Club

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

>early access

A buzzword. Whatever state it's in, the game's out so it gets scrutinized the same as any other game.

Online hasn't been active since last year. You'll find one room at most with the same people playing.

Adventure mode was the best. Tr4sh and ult's horrendous spirits mode were utter trash. Brawl had the best singleplayer content.

I have no idea what Sakurai was thinking with spirits mode. It was an absolute slog, and I never want to play it ever again.

Broski. Smash Run is the best singleplayer content Smash has ever had.

Nobody really talks about the 3DS version of Smash 4. It baffles me why Smash Run was exclusive to it though. What were they thinking?

That people played 3DS games on the go, so a 5 minute game mode for a brief pick up and play session was suitable for the 3DS version of the game. The Wii U version was much more likely to be used for couch multiplayer and parties, so they made that dumb scuffed Mario Party mode for it instead.

>all those duplicate characters
There are less than Sm4sh or Uktikate, and even then the clones in Melee are way different from their counterparts than any of the other games. Luigi and Mario are practically different characters while Marth and Lucinda only differ in sword distance damage. Dark Pits only distinction in sm4sh was that his arrows were purple and he had the electro dash arm instead of the upper dash arm
>all that broken moves
Cry
>no online
It was 2001 you fucking retard
>lack of single player
Brawl is the only game in the series that arguably had better single player content, and that’s debatable

because it feels good to play
ultimate is good but nothing can top the feeling of melee

>Complete lack of singleplayer content
smash games have shit single player, the meat of the games is the multiplayer. subspace and world of shit are just sakurai's autism at its peak

Rivals of Aether is fun but the community is cancerous
Slap City was fun for a bit but playing against Ittle makes me wanna tear me hair out

It was the last game to feature N64-era designs for most of the characters

Because other people have brains too and some of them use them better and faster than you do. Than most of us. Or they happened to be at your age thinking the same thing when you were younger.