Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/4lwfew.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=aMli33ornEU
youtube.com/watch?v=m2JOs0Aldq0
youtube.com/watch?v=PW5ELKTivbE
youtube.com/watch?v=uF3tKA2pXpg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's just them forcing you to prove to them you bought it. After you do that, you can tell the login prompt to fuck off.

You sell your soul to hell once, yet it stays there 100% of the time afterwards as well

punishment for buying a freeware 30 year old open source game

I was in airplane mode and it let me in. Although i did sign in before so i don't know if that matters or not

The latter. Yea Forums is making it seem like the former though because of the prompt, which shouldn't be there in the first place, but it's overblown.

I was going to buy all three on PSN this morning but im not going to now just because of this. If they shut a server off these SINGLE PLAYER games are dead.

This actually pissed me off yesterday. I lost my internet for 10 hours and i couldn't play any singleplayer games on steam, because they all require you to be online.

This honestly is a mountain out of molehill situation. It's not that big of a fucking deal. Yeah, it's kind of scummy, but whatever. Just make an account in 2 minutes with the alternate email you should already have for shit like this and move on.

Attached: IMG_20190727_044415.jpg (1271x898, 116K)

No i just wont buy these games, and i actually wanted to. One day they will not care and shut these servers down.

Attached: MGS.png (700x480, 27K)

Attached: AC.png (512x164, 17K)

What PoS games do you have that need that garbage? I've never had that happen to me when my internet dies

Are you people seriously pretending like this is not a shit port with shit music and remade in unity only so they could remove Romero's and Carmack's names from the game, also this login crap is unforgivable, this is esentially giving the game an expiration date

Attached: 1564167162095.png (500x738, 225K)

Attached: canvas.png (640x480, 150K)

I just wanna play Doom.

Attached: dn1-A Bethesda.net Account is needed to play. Please connect to the internet to continue..png (642x400, 11K)

I fucked up my email in the game and it wont let me change it. Weird.

Play it on literally anything else, this is THE game that has the reputation of being played on anything

>remade

wot

Hell isn’t real, retard

They remade the goddamn game in unity, and it's shit

I dont get it though it looks and sounds literally the same. Am i misunderstanding your use of the term "remake" here?

There's a 2 gig download over on /vr/ that has all the Doom you could ever want, including everything in this image.

Attached: motherfuckingdoom.png (1543x6892, 1.67M)

>It's just them forcing you to prove to them you bought it. After you do that, you can tell the login prompt to fuck off.

There is no point to "prove" this on a console since piracy (if that would be an issue) is wayyyyyyyyyyyy less common on console than PC. Also for numbers they can just check digital sales.

The problem is that if you can't connect to their network, you can't play the game. For a game that doesn't require online functionality once downloaded.
Meaning if you back the game up and later try and play it you can't if their network no longer works.

They remade the game from the ground up in unity only to remove the original creators names, because Bethesda made doom, who else could have made it, also they removed the original doom ports on xbone, so now you have to get their butchered remakes If you want to play doom If you haven't downloaded it yet

Not that user, but the game itself isn't running in the original engine, rather it's been replicated in Unity, I assume due to the original being too old to work with and sourceports like GZDoom not being a commercial option. The game actually does have sound differences, which is probably the worst part of the ports. All audio is slightly tuned down, and plays slower, making some otherwise energetic tracks fairly lethargic. It could be patched, we'll just wait to see if it is.

Attached: 1530146292652.gif (300x233, 1.05M)

>sounds literally the same
Ah ok, my ears must be going bad, cause I swear this is not how it's supposed to sound
files.catbox.moe/4lwfew.mp3

The music is slower in the new remade version, for some reason.

or buy it on gog

It's a shit port of a game that's been literally ported to toasters with 1:1 feature parity.

Attached: vcyrlisnow231.jpg (751x767, 83K)

>buy doom on pc
>doom bible
>daggerfall 2 for free
>original game intact
>no drm

>buy doom on console
>drm
>fucked up music

>tips

Why is Bethesda trying to act like they made everything id created? They insinuated that shit at E3 this year too

>unity port
>it has the .wad file inside it
>it uses software renderer
>has random pitch shifts
Could it be possible to use the original code under the hood and then use Unity as a front end?

not a codefag but I think something about selling something with opensource code

He later showed his family the head of a dead ISIS fighter and they all clapped.

>none of the creators are left at id
>buying the game from people who had nothing to do with it
why do americans do this?

Because this is what they did with Fallout and now they are trying to do the same with Doom

[X] Stay logged in

I want this, but I ended up getting a Mac instead of Windows.

So will i not be able to play these ports at some point anymore?

Fucking obsessed, holy shit.

NPC
Correct

Don't support this bullshit.

Their names are still in the game. Stop believing every stupid and dramatic lie you see. The original credits screen is still there.

does switch not have a doom homebrew port by now?

Gonna have to ask you shills to leave.

Who gives a shit, give me Turok 2

Is that still not out?

Who even cares. If you buy DOOM in 2019 for any platform, you deserve to get your ass raped for your stupidity.

Attached: 1498068584301.jpg (1280x738, 138K)

Some people confirmed this to he the case.

What I want to know is how do you fuck up porting doom? Actually, how?

People have ported it to so much that it's a running gag at this point. Why should ANY concessions have to be made on engine, music, or credits?

>Want to play Doom on my Switch
>I get Doom for the Switch with a decent soundfont
BUT
>DRM
>The music for whatever reason, is slowed down by 30%
>I have to hear that annoying pitch shift thing from the other console ports
I don't think I've ever been monkey pawed this hard in my life.

>Could it be possible to use the original code under the hood and then use Unity as a front end?
Halo MCC on PC is using Unreal for its menus, while having the original game engines load up in normal gameplay. Same thing could be done here.

>buy the new Switch ports on gog

>buy the games on gog
>move the DRM-free wad files to a microsd card to run on the switch
You do have a vulnerable one, right?

What's wrong with the engine?

Yes, but I also use GZDoom on the Switch so all of this is moot.

These new "official" ports are hilariously horrible and the always-on DRM for a 25 year old single-player game is an insult.

>all the consolefags seething as "consoles don't have DRM" is no longer a valid argument

>all those people on twitter crying about this one thing you only do once
I think it's stupid as shit too but I'm sure they're gonna make you do the same thing when Eternal comes out so better sooner than later

What they should really be upset about is the fact the music got fucked

Attached: 1558321938085.gif (500x378, 1.05M)

The first one is. I played it and loved it so want the sequel

as long as you sign in the one time you never have to do it again unless you actively log out somehow
you couldn't go into offline mode?

>you only do once
We don't know if it's a one-time check, a 24-hour check, or a weekly check just yet.
The game still nags you when you're offline.

I suppose my instance is an exception then, I've only logged in the one time and I haven't gotten any messages after going offline

I don't understand. They absolutely must have known that players would notice the shitty music, yet they decided to just shove it on the Switch and call it a day.

>be dude
>shady wifi because I'm in portable mode because it's my Switch
>keep getting "disconnected"
It's always-on DRM.

It's the same broken music from the Xbox ports.

Is it true they took out nazis in this one?

I mean if so, why? A Wolfenstien just came out.

Attached: f16.png (354x357, 4K)

I think it's because of the wad they use but yes, the nazis in the secret levels are replaced by regular demons.

The Xbox ports used Gravis Ultrasound unlike this one IIRC.
Yep. It's just zombiemen now

Fuck Sony censorship

>this is THE game that has the reputation of being played on anything
Ahem...

Attached: 1523011839086.jpg (466x614, 227K)

It got censored back when BFG edition came out, Sony had nothing to do with that

>Sony had nothing to do with that

Sure thing Sony ger

It should be neither

HMM...

Attached: file.jpg (800x924, 130K)

This is pretty shitty. I'm lucky enough to still have both original ports installed on Xbone, but does this mean that No Rest For The Living from Doom II will be lost forever now? I checked this morning and neither Besthesda ports are up in the xbox store. Wtf.

Doom 3 BFG on Steam includes it.

What Doom games can I sneed if I've got a Macbook? What are the pog wads?

Attached: 1562811189070.jpg (564x641, 77K)

The first time you "log in" is when you create the account and the dont count cuz bethesda servers dont really think your logged in.
The second time you log in, then you can play offline.

>They absolutely must have known that players would notice the shitty music
The people they want to sell this to aren't the people who know Doom well enough to know the music is fucked up.

Its the easiest game to get, its everywhere. Just google "download doom" and you get a neat mega link with all you need

>Bethesda engine vs idTech

Good luck Todd, you'll need it.

youtube.com/watch?v=aMli33ornEU
youtube.com/watch?v=m2JOs0Aldq0
youtube.com/watch?v=PW5ELKTivbE
youtube.com/watch?v=uF3tKA2pXpg

You'll need the Zdoom source port.
I'm pretty sure a lot of source ports work on Mac, but Zdoom flat out advertises it.

Attached: 1412609973692.jpg (1366x768, 454K)

>quake on a fucking oscilloscope

If I were to ask your reaction to this, would it be

HUH?

H U U H

HUH!

Why would anyone ever buy doom when it's free on literally every single electronic device? My stove can run doom

Only have to sign in once on Switch. Plays good enough, I don't mind the music being slow, decent deal for 5 dollars. Hopefully they'll fix the issues and allow people to opt out of making an account like with Ubisoft games

You can steal new games on the switch, this argument doesn't make any sense. Why buy any game?
It's 5 dollars, finally a Switch port gets a decent price and everyone is still up in arms about it lol

>Why buy any game?

Because Doom is almost 30 years old, has been handed out for free, and you miss the main part of what gave the game so much longevity with modding.

based HUHposters

Attached: HUH.png (369x300, 10K)

If it's not HUH posting it's UNF posting.

Both based and monsterpilled.

>Quake on normal PC hardware
Soulless brown shit.
>Quake on oscilloscope
Truly lovecraftian.

Attached: 1563634957932.gif (453x600, 216K)

doom has been ported to toasters and microwaves you fucking retard.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan