Thoughts on dark souls 2

Thoughts on dark souls 2

Attached: 59e5ca42ae653acb826761b7.jpg (600x351, 28K)

It was made by people who didn't understand what made Dark Souls great.

I think it's pretty neat

Shit

At least its better than Dark Souls 3

I'd give it a 4/10

What on earth makes you think DaS2 was made by lorefags?

>*starts playing from Dark Souls 1*

Its the only other dark souls and its not perfect but it’s all we have. Dark Souls 3 is a fucking joke. It doesn’t satisfy the dark soul itch, it only makes me want to play bloodborne.

they understood just fine

It's a terrible game, but none of the Dark Souls games are good. The first game is mediocre. 2 is trash, and 3 is just disappointing. Only Demon's Souls and Bloodborne were good games.

How can 3 be dissapointing if souls was trash to begin with?

complete disaster of a game

>turns the artificial difficulty and clunkiness up to 11
Haha yeah, that's what Dark Souls is all about, right?

Attached: prepare to die.jpg (1435x612, 66K)

Even so, it still manages to be the most exploitable souls game to date, embarrassing desu

Interestingly enough only at the beginning (even more so with SotFS). I guess you never passed level 30.

Because that implies that someone was hoping it would be good but it turned out to be shit. Is english not your first language?

Anybody expecting the third game of a franchise that is trash to suddenly be good is dumb is all I'm saying

The fanbase is certainly better than DaSbabbies

Attached: soybabbies.png (1341x624, 82K)

Looks like you got btfo tbqhdesu

it's a rushed game that needed way more time in the oven, with more than a few concepts that weren't fleshed out that well.

but i still enjoy it regardless.

I'm doing my first playthrough of Dark Souls 2 actually. I don't know anything about the game, and the new parry timings and base agility rolling is really making me suck ass at the game. I've only played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. But in general, I'm having fun with the game. For the most part, like 65% of the time. There are a lot of problems but I don't hate it. But I have one issue.

I keep getting invaded while hollow, why is this a thing? Isn't it enough that I lost half my HP, why the fuck can I get invaded? I'm trying to get through the Lost Bastille and I am getting invaded up the ass. I just get demolished and I literally don't know what to do to counteract this besides pulling my cord. I joined the Blue Sentinels so I could get some help but man, every sentinel I've gotten sucks ass and I just reemed by these guys that have played since day 1. I don't even know where the embers are, or what weapons are meta, or where anything is. I'm just trying to get through man.

This game is so fucking punishing, and there have been moments where I'm just not having fun. I went through The Gutter and that area right after, I've never been so infuriated in my life.

The rest of the game is okay though, but the invaded while hollow thing is so fucking unfair.

Attached: 1564216546041.png (962x972, 1.29M)

Your reading comprehension Is really fucking bad.

I love the PVP

IMO DS2 is best after 1.

Combat is much more refined, almost all weapons are pretty much viable. You can't be poise stunlocked - armor actually does anything.

They story is ok i guess... lorfags are salty about it but idc really. Lucatiel is top waifu material tho.

DS2 is also the last good DS ever.

DS3 is not even a DS game - it's an inbred bastard of Bloodborne and DS1 who inherited recessive genes from both parents.

Attached: lucatiel.jpg (800x600, 177K)

My reading comprehension is fine, you said;
>I didn't like first game
>I didn't like second game
>wow, third game really disappointed me
What I'm asking is, why would you expect a game to be good if you didn't like it's predecessors in the first place?

My main problem with it is it has more bad bosses and bad areas than Ds1 and Ds3 combined

for whatever reason, you can be invaded at any invadable area in DS2 if you're playing online, human or hollow. It's supposed to prioritize humans during invasions, so if you're hollow and being invaded, it's because there's no one else in the area, SM range for the invader to well, nvade.

>I keep getting invaded while hollow, why is this a thing?

Burn human effigy at bonefire - you won't get invaded and you won't see summon signs. Also even without burnt effigy youcan't be invaded by same guy in span of 15 minutes.

> I went through The Gutter and that area right after, I've never been so infuriated in my life

The Gutter sucks ass but enemies there are pussymode. Wait till you get to Aldia's keep.

I'm playing it again and having a good time on ps4
There's still people to invade and it's pretty lively for co-op still

Attached: PS_Messages_20190726_172728.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

Only fans try to avoid invasions
It's literally the easiest pve in the series how are you not constantly begging for an invader?

I try to get summoned but nobody ever summon me. that was a year or two ago though.
(getting summoned and winning is free human effigies.)

"Mediocre" doesn't mean "bad" you illiterate mongrel. Notmonly that, but 3 was such a step up from the first two games in regards to the engine that it isn't too surprising that eve if the first two games weren't seen as amazing from an individual, they might think that the third one might be the one to break that mold. Go back to middle school, kid.

DS3 has the worst bosses period. DS2 is not even close.

Also
"Le dudes in armor" is not always a bad boss design (however i agree that i can get boring especially with bosses like Magic smelter demon)

I would rather fight dudes in armor than shitboss like gaping dragon or that other stupid small dragon boss from DS3.

Also while DS2 areas are kind of toned down compared to DS1 they are still MUCH better than DS3.
I mean how many ancient castles do you need?

rent free

They over-corrected a bit in an attempt to keep the multiplayer alive and made it so being hollow is not safe anymore. Being hollow in DS2 has literally no advantages whatsoever. I don't know why they made that decision. DaS1 was too lenient of people being hollow but DeS did it right. If they really wanted to punish players, they should have removed the Cling Ring and its DaS2 equivalent. Not make it so noobies can get fucked over by invaders and have to use their items to keep themselves safe.

I honestly hope you are not playng SotF cause this version is like Chinese illegal crackhead clone of original mario. It's tuned up super unfairly, and the amount of enemies is staggering.

DS2 vanilla is da best.

>"None of the souls games are good"
Meaning ds1 is not good, in other words, bad. It's at the very least heavily Implied and it's not a stretch at all to get that idea from your words.
>Bro the higher engine means the formula, that they obviously wouldn't change due to how successful ds1 was, is suddenly going to be enjoyable for me!
I'm not saying this mindset is impossible, just that it's foolish. Stop being such a pseudo intellectual.

Because I don't PVP in any of the Souls games and I have no interest in doing so. I think its poorly designed and not fun due to bad netcoding that will never get fixed. I play only for the PVE experience.

>I honestly hope you are not playng SotF
I am indeed playing SotFS.

Invadable Hollows was the best decision they made concerning invasions back in the day. It keeps pool of invadable players big so invader tryhards won't harrass one particular player constantly. I've played DS2 and SofFS at release and invasions were rare save for hot spots like Iron Keep.
Meanwhile try going embered in DS3, invasions everythere every 5 fucking minutes.
Unfortunately, now that playerbase is small the system doesn't work anymore as intended, so offline or burning effigies is the only way.

>DS3 has the worst bosses
It actually common consensus that it has the best in the series.
>le dudes in armor is not always a bad boss design
I agree. DS3 has a lot of dudes in armor. The difference is the dudes in armor in DS3 are different enough from each other for each one to feel fresh.
DS2 dudes in armor all fight the same with few exceptions.
>DS2 areas are much better than DS3
Every criticism that applies to DS3 areas also applies to DS2 areas except there are more of them.
>how many ancient castles do you need?
High wall of lothric, lothric castle, and arguably grand archives. That's 3? DS2 has more tombs, AND more poison areas than DS3 has castles...

a good video game

Labia.

Black Gulch is possibly the worst area in the entire series, if not one of the worst area in any game ever. I don't know how they managed to make such a short area completely insufferable but they did it. You got enemies that can one shot you, these weird tentacle worms that block your way and can push you off the map, you got those motherfucking statues that can stunlock the shit out of you and poison you on top of it. It's amazing. In Scholar of the First Sin, the poison shooting statues respawn unlike in vanilla because fuck you I guess. After you go through that agonizing area, you're ganked by 2 invader NPCs who aren't anything to sneeze at just as a last fuck you before the boss, so good.

Dunno why, but it is the most fun dark souls.

>he didn't explore the area and find the bonfire
waaahhhh this game is impossible, trash, terrible

>It actually common consensus that it has the best in the series.
NOPE

The clunkiness never goes away.

How could they release the game in that state? What the fuck?

Your standalone opinion =/= common consensus

>old man
>feet nun
>nigga dragon
>artorias fanclub

Try again

3 is a shitty bloodborne clone at best. Get your head out your ass.

bloodborne is just ds3 prototype

>Made by From’s C team
>broken poise
>have to increase the level of areas just to farm items that have a super rare drop
>mobs disappear after you kill them 15 times, making farming difficult and the game easy
>3 meta weapons to choose from, otherwise get dunked on in pvp by no skill retards
>everyone wears jester body because the net code is so bad, you get backstabbed from a mile away

I could keep going.

Black Gulch is bad but the Frigid Outskirts and the area bosses made me toss a controller my first time.

>post something completely unrelated to the current topic of bosses
It's obvious that you can't actually argue against me. You can go ahead and admit defeat now.

You’re right. I admit defeat, and that I’m a faggot.

>FROM throw in literally two (2) things RE: the difficulty
>A throwaway line from an old lady at the very beginning of the game which isn't even out of place in terms of the exposition of that scene
>An achievement for your first death

Holy shit, grow the fuck up and get a sense of humour.

They never added full red and blue orbs and that killed Invasions for the early areas.

Ever since vanilla I was never invaded once in the first areas I did some Invasions tho, those kids must have shat their pants every time because it's such a rare occurrence in this game.

Fridge Outskirt has those ice arrow spammer and ironically their weapon sucks so much fucking ass because it breaks after two uses.

I don’t like that they did it, but it probably makes sense not to bombard low levels with pvp twinks. I just made a new character in ds3 and was invaded like, 5 times in the first level, all by people that already had 14 Estus.

Keep choking on my dick while I finger your ass.

You have the option to just don't go ember or play offline.

Also DS2 has a lot of npcs summons everywhere, it's not like the game becomes harder if you just chose to play offline.

>if you want to coop with your level 1 friends, you must accept the fact that twinks will bombard you
Yeah, agree to disagree.

It's a good game, but not a good Call of Duty game.

Protip: the combat is a lot less annoying if you just use a long-reaching weapon like the channeler trident. If you outrange most of the enemies it allows you to play around some of the clunky stuff.

Being a poker makes it more bearable. Consider an offhand crossbow too, they're actually pretty decent in 2 even if they aren't as nice to use as 3's crossbows or Bloodborne's guns.

offline mode stupid animee

Attached: 1563929670587.gif (390x339, 170K)

Just get revenge by making a gank squad.

So you're saying Miyazaki is responsible?

>Dark Souls starts out with a cutscene about the world's history, a preview of the cool bosses you'll fight later, and Lord Gwyn throwing lightning bolts at dragons
>Dark Souls 2 starts out with some old ladies telling you that you're going to die and laughing at you

fun pvp that wasn't totally dominated by a few weapon types like ds3 was/is
some of the weapons almost reached that point (katanas, piercing swords), but it felt like almost everything was viable

Everything wasn't viable, when people were actually playing to win, i.e., in tournaments you didn't see anything but katana's, rapiers, longswords, and the occasional spear, just like in DS3.

It's my least favorite game of the trilogy, but is still pretty fun.

I'd probably like it more if I was more into PvP but I think Soul Memory is retarded and very restricted.

Except that's straight up false