chng.it/D2PHBpStJd
youtube.com/watch?v=qG2HwH1JkAI
youtu.be/qmC4Wje0Rjc
youtube.com/watch?v=F4Dv32-PoU4
youtu.be/FP1i1SXH3lI
github.com/fgsfdsfgs/gzdoom/tree/switch
youtu.be/a9oR2jJZ0rk
twitter.com/Jewelots_/status/1155074813230297094
finalweapon.net/2019/07/27/bethesda-will-be-fixing-the-bethesdanet-login-for-the-doom-console-releases/
youtube.com/watch?v=QoI57YXK2do
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9qSuQapFY&t=149s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bethesda implements DRM on DOOM from 1993

Attached: E6va5y7.png (869x554, 578K)

>bethesda
Don't pin this on Bethesda it's most likely zenimax to blame
Pete hines is probably mad as hell about it

yeah, i'm sure the "inventors of the fps genre" would do that. oh wait, john carmack was one of those inventors, and ID was the one who invented this genre, not you hack fucks. john carmack also doesn't mind pirating, and you can get doom along with the wads of games that run on it's engine literally for free, since the engine which includes the game itself is all over the fucking place, free to download, with multiple versions over multiple years, supporting modifications, map packs, etc. i didn't even buy doom, i beat it on zdoom. i beat II on zdoom.

literally one and the same you faggot

Bethesda also removed ye olde doom from Xbone's BC list just to resell it

>Pete hines is probably mad as hell about it

Attached: pete.png (844x633, 735K)

Hines is in charge of pr and this is awful PR

and the best thing is soibois are gonna buy it anyway

>DUDE this massive corporate conglomerate is just like us, they really know what we want, and this is JUST LIKE good old doom, except that none of the id employees who made doom are left here, there are like over 100 fuckers working there now, the game is infested with DRM, is dozens of GB in size, is published in a manner that's the opposite of self-publishing shareware titles, and appeals to ironic retro zoomers nostalgic about games released before they were born! RIP AND TEAR XD LE DOOM SLAYER XD

Attached: 1563302652174.jpg (647x740, 54K)

I can't be the only one that really enjoyed the 3DO version of E1M1 right?
youtu.be/AjEx292Ph8M

PLAY MY HOMEBWEW AN EMYULAITUZ YE BOGAN CUNT

Is the switch release actually dozens of gigabytes in size?

what the fuck are you guys even talking about

that's pretty alright.

what's not to get
Bethesda is scum

Don't forget the cool new credit sequence that pays homage to the developers!

twitter.com/noteinso/status/1154817042614226944

Attached: Screenshot_20190727_101836.png (507x321, 214K)

>Slowed down music to go with the slowed down gameplay.
Sometimes youtube comments are alright

Attached: aiportraits_1563531424.jpg (512x512, 18K)

It's 300 megabytes. Not as huge, but still ridiculous.

Makes me wonder how good of a port it could've been if it wasn't slapped together by one programmer with no assets under a tight deadline

How much of a jew can you be? Just put it out for free the game is 26 years old, everyone already owns it and has played it.

theres nothing specifically wrong with DRM... in a new product.

arbitrarily adding it to a 30 year old product that is essentially open source however, is retarded. doing so through a proprietary bethesda.net account instead of relying on the basic checks of the offering console's and their own online account services is also extra super retarded.

bethesda /literally/ believes they "own" doom?
what a joke.

>Pete hines
He does not even give a fuck

that does not mean that he is bothered at all, lots of bad PR springs right from his fingertips and lips.

>game is literally freeware
>they slap DRM on it anyway

Attached: 1471281055725.png (680x445, 521K)

I somehow doubt this many people worked on the port lol wtf

It's got a 'groovy remix' kinda feel but that shouldn't replace the definitive version in the game.

It's not a 1993 DOOM tho.
It's a fucking Unity + DOOM engine hybrid. (Seriously, what's up with almost everyone under shithesda using hybrid engines? First it was Quake Champions which used Saber's trash merged with id Tech (Which is still an unoptimized mess even after so many optimization patches.), then it was Arkane doing a fucktard engine for Dishonored 2 and its standalone DLC (Which caused a lot of problems in the final product.), now it's this.)

It sounds better at 1.25x speed.

chng.it/D2PHBpStJd

>hur dur the person in charge of managing the companies public image doesn't give a fuck about a massive blow to said public image

Why, did they remake it in fucking unity or something

This image is happening in front of our very eyes.

Attached: i made this original.png (680x1483, 180K)

By writing their engine on top of Unity, they can deploy it to multiple platforms with a single click. You can write your own multi-platform engine, but that would take a bit of effort.

Yeah but john carmack sold the IP for money.

>Why, did they remake it in fucking unity or something
That's exactly what they did.

Attached: rouge_sigh.png (350x274, 141K)

Sadly, yes.
They've merged DOOM engine with Unity.

There is absolutely something wrong with DRM in ALL products. If you think otherwise, you are part of the problem.
>might slow down piracy but doesn't stop it
>inconvenient for people
>YOU DON'T OWN YOUR FUCKING GAMES
Always-online/online-only games are cancer. Defending them makes you a bigger part of that cancer than you already were for buying games with them (we pretty much all are because GOG doesn't have everything).

Yeah, and John Carmack is not working at id since fucking forever. He now works at oculus for facebook likes.

Oh, so who owns DOOM, huh? Bethesda technically, but ID were the people who essentially said "Fuck you, we're going to make the DOOM games, we're going to decide what's done, all you do is own us." ID doesn't own the other IP's anymore, but DOOM? They still own that shit, so it doesn't matter if Carmack sold the IP.

>paying for open source games

He didn't seem to care about Fallout 76 or any other bullshit Bethesda squirts out that people have complained about

Bethesda impregnates DRM on DOOM from 1993

Do you think Tim Willits left because he knew this shit was coming?

lewd

>paying for games

And what point are you trying to make? That what he said wasn't valid just because he no longer works there? I guess the constitution of the USA doesn't mean shit just because everyone who made it is fucking dead, according to you.

owo daddyslayer fuck me

Bethesda impregnates DRM on WOMB from 1993

Dude he doesn't care about their public image at all, you'd know this if you have seen and heard all the shit he says of his own accord.

Pete Hines and Todd are both soulless parasites

Yes, his logic doesn't apply anymore.
Also nice analogy, nigger. Now go for food analogy to make my day even better.

I'm liking where this thread is going.

I will sign your petition

>not downloading steam game files to storage and using an emulator instead

all you faggets are gonna be crying hard when Valve disappears without a trace, WAAAH MUH GAMES GABE DADDY SAID THERE WAS PROTECTION MEASURES IN PLACE!!!

>Bethesda technically
I don't think so, bethesda doesn't own id, zenimax owns both id and bethesda and uses bethesda to publish id games

I wish I had the drive space to do that. There's some motivation to stop being a poorfag I guess.

Backup actual doom while you can, never hurts to be safe

>It doesn't matter if Carmack sold the IP

Yeah it doesn't matter if mom sold the house it still belongs to me.

Downloading my free copy for pc rn

14TB storage is like $570 USD, even 2 would be enough for everything

Yeah when you don't work there anymore and you sold your shares for money it means what you say doesn't matter any more.

Being an angry nerd doesn't make anything different just because you 'feel' it's wrong.

Ask Carmack why he's spending time building rockets and VR instead of living off something 25 years old.

your assumption was thinking you even owned a piece of the house

Exactly, sometimes just because you enjoy something doesn't mean you have the rights to it.

nope
this is more like stealing land from aboriginals because someone staked ownership to something that's already free

did nu doom ever get a real level editor?

online losers lose again

damn it feels good to still have my physical CD of doom I bought in 1996

i threw mine away, i have most of the sourceports and all the wads backed up instead. same for quake.

sort of

>need a physical CD DRM
you played yourself retard

>something that's already free
It's not free, just made free they still own the rights.

It's like how someone lets you use their toilet now and again, cause they're friendly they still have the right to bar you from it whenever.

lol, you don’t need the CD in the drive to play it

shit like securerom didn’t exist yet

This is the most baffling thing to me. WHy would you put DRM on the game memed about for how many things it's been ported and pirated to? I'm pretty sure there's literal toasters that can run Doom. Why spend money on a version packed with DRM?

>online drm for a portable console
if i'm gonna play it at home i could run it on literally everything else in my house. I could run it on the fucking 3ds

>conservative Toddman bad
>SJW feminist whatever Obsidian writer good
Kys tranny

>I'm pretty sure there's literal toasters that can run Doom
That’s an understatement. The fucking Sega 32X could play Doom at a reasonable framerate.

I never played Doom

You can use toasters AS the controllers for Doom

Bethesda implements DRM on DOOM from Revolver Ocelot

Revolver Ocelot

Attached: file.png (750x918, 440K)

>file.png
You failed me son.

This one is much better
youtube.com/watch?v=qG2HwH1JkAI

yeah the buplishing branch of all of zenimax is literally Bethesda's old publishing branch

you are still accessing the files by putting it in the CD drive, retard, you played yourself

>zenimax
Literally this. Look at who owns and operates the company. It's a literal who's who list of kikes and corporate assholes.

>Defending Pete Hines, of all people
The man is utter cancer and knows nothing about Bethesda's games. He just sees dollar signs.
Unfortunately, he's one of the first employees, so he'll never get fired.

youtu.be/qmC4Wje0Rjc

Wrong and gay, This one is the best

Attached: 59e7ce0625fd3-image-1520355645.png (480x360, 276K)

haha wow I always wondered why everything but that game from my 360 dls appeared on as purchased on the bone store

>accessing the disc to install the game is DRM
?

I never said that you autistocrat

that sucks ass compared to doomfeld

>YOU DON'T OWN YOUR FUCKING GAMES
The thing is, if I'm paying a monthly fee or subscription to a product, then I'm totally fine with some corporation telling me I don't own it - it only makes sense. Your paying a certain amount of money to get it loaned to you. But if I'm buying a product at full price outright, then you can fuck off because I own it. You don't just hand something to somebody and then go LOL JK BRO IT'S STILL MINE. That's just asinine and retarded.

It's not DRM, it's to sell DLC later on.

It wouldn't matter even if he got fired. You think his successor wouldn't be similarly corporate and soulless?

>no Carmack, Romero or even fucking Tom Hall in the credits for FUCKING DOOM
this is fucking sacrilege

Another proof that console gaming is for people with limited intellect

Attached: Anchovies2.jpg (584x555, 53K)

>THEY ARENT EVEN HIDING IT
Yeah. Why would they?

I'm disappointed nobody has mixed together cruel angels thesis and e1m1 yet

People have gotten it running on the nes, although they had to cheat a little.

They are doing this so they can start doing Paid DOOM mods

Who’s this?

When will they fix it?

Why do they need our emails then.

So what does Bethesda/Zenimax gain from this?
If you can't hack your console then you can't pirate Doom. But if you can hack your console, then you can just install open fucking source Doom and don't even have to bother cracking their new and shitty version with DRM. So what are they protecting?

>port made in unity
now that is just a travesty

Most people are dumb enough to use their real emails for the bethesda account.

>So what are they protecting?
revenue from the upcoming Creation Club mods

you can buy doom now from battle net?

>not just getting the gog version or what the fuck ever in this day and age

Attached: 1422423570437.gif (371x331, 2M)

Attached: zelda-A Bethesda.net Account is needed to play this title please connect to the internet to continue (512x448, 9K)

>revenue from the upcoming Creation Club mods

Attached: anger.jpg (245x204, 18K)

Battlenet is blizzard, actual bnet is Bethesda

I’m getting fucking tired of you cunts every thread yelling about “why don’t you play it this way or that fucking way”. We fucking know. Everyone fucking knows. Fuck off, please.

>rip and tear

Bethesda ejaculates SPERM on WOMB from 1993

>not just pirating all the WADs and sending Romero 10$

Attached: 1507676588461.gif (100x100, 144K)

But the free market, user

Attached: 8099835c2012f8c606ad6abe793ec7b4b997e71ec2eea1c3bff15e79eccfbc6e.png (756x671, 503K)

Attached: MGS.png (700x480, 27K)

Technically, it's DRM on Doom (1993) from 2019; as the 'ports' are all remade in unity, and not actually 'ports' persay.

When you think they can't get any scummier, they go another step further. I think I might boycott the new Elder Scrolls because I'm just sick and tired of their BS. I got a huge backlog anyway.

The original DOOM.wad is in the game files. These are absolutely 100% the old XBLA ports. They even have the XBLA store assets in their diskfiles.

Bethesda ported DOOM's engine to Unity and got it to run the original .wad. I guess porting the engine to Unity was easier to get the release on every platform including iOS.

Attached: EAbU9YQVAAAzSUX.png (354x174, 9K)

What evidence is there that Todd is a conservative?

the regular credits screen is there, the overdone 2016 style credits is just for nerve software
god knows why they thought they deserved that for making a crappy unity port but whatever

>giving Romero any money
I'll never be this deluded

>You don't just hand something to somebody and then go LOL JK BRO IT'S STILL MINE. That's just asinine and retarded.
But it's exactly what the execs would like to do with every game ever made. "Games as a service" is their dream.

>Selling DLC
>For a game that has virtually unlimited free content and is getting more every day
Good fucking luck.

A bit out of topic, did anyone try Doom 3 on PS4/Xbone? Any significant changes (like UI or menus) or is it just a simple port with a higher resolution?

>has a menial credits sequence put together in Unity
>the games themselves are still basic source ports (similar to the 2013 releases)
>some faggot posts "hurr it's a Unity remake!!1"
>everyone gets out their torches
I fucking hate the internet

>paying

>It's a fucking Unity + DOOM engine hybrid.
Its a fucking source port dude

I fucking hate uniformed twitter posters
Yeah the ports shit, but using a modern engine like Unity is just a framework to help with consoles.
It uses original assets as they are supposed to run mostly based on original code.
Just because the music tempos off (which has been a problem with all Nerve Doom ports) and they use Unity for the credits sequence and online does not make this a "remake" on Unity.
A very foolhardy overreaction and jump to conclusion.

How in the motherfuck did Bethesda manage to screw up a port of a game that people have managed to get running perfectly on hospital equipment?

What the FUCK
You can get doom to run on a potato but they remade it in fucking Unity of all things and are asking money for that? God fucking damn it, I hope Doomguy beats up the person whose idea that was.

You can play Doom on anything, even Unity I guess.

All I want to know is Doom 3 on the Switch a good game? I couldn't give the slightest shit about DRM or if it's a port or if you have to pay a few dollars.

>skyrim
>fallout 4
>creation club will be expanded to new games over time
Bethesda tried paid mods on Steam. You think they wouldn't try to push mods on classic Doom? You think console users know about doomworld or what GZdoom is?
Get ready for the worst timeline.

Bethesda can fuck up anything.

I wanna know this too, I miss BFG Edition on PS3

>Unity is just a 3d games engine
It's not "remade in Unity" you pathetic fucks
Unity is used as a wrapper for distributing the base game, as well as a goofy credits sequence they tacked on when you beat an episode
It's nearly the same fucking thing they sold as "Classic Doom" on PS3 and 360.

No one who fits the modern definition of liberal would be caught dead working for a company run in part by a Trump.

The ports a fucking mess as well.

>literally 0 auto aim and aiming with the switches sticks is a total fucking chore
>hitscan enemies can shoot through walls
>game freezes nearly everytime you put it into sleep mode
>sometimes when dying or entering a new level theres a 50/50 chance you just randomly lose all weapons for no reason at all.
>elevators cant be activated by using the "use button", you just gotta wait for them to go back up

They got running fine on the weirdest shit
Doom on a printer
Doom on a car
Doom on a mother fucking Christmas tree
Doom on a god damn chainsaw

>3d panning
>IT LITERALLY LOOKS LIKE UNITY
Or the ports that have are as alien in comparison as the ah-so-original garbage like gzdoom? Is this guy underage or retarded?

Attached: 8888d160b07746a69fd2ec064c129572.jpg (861x929, 319K)

>Doom Classic Complete is still on the Playstation Store somehow
Shit, I'm seriously considering getting it since the delisting is imminent, are the PS3/360 ports pre or after the pill edits?

Lmao got em

But this IS a new product. It's a full remake in another engine. Unity for that matter. They could've just compiled the source for switch and be done with it, but they chose to remake it in a shitty, bloated engine that's way overkill for this kind of thing. It's probably because it was easier to add drm in unity than it was to modify the source code in order to add it.

Doom has been getting console ports since before you were born, you seething zoomer.

They are pill edits on PS3. I still recommend it, though, as Final Doom was never given a direct console release.

I mean you are not wrong but it still seems a stretch to say he must be conservative

Did they do the same for doom 3 or is that just a straight port?

That's bullshit, but I believe it.

I know for a fact that the 360 ports are pilled and were released before so the ps3 ones are definitely edited.

Pistol Panther

>file.png
kill yourself

>It's a full remake in another engine. Unity for that matter.
This is completely false. Are you that twitter faggot? The game engine is unchanged. Unity is just used for distribution and for the D44M credits they added. Play the fucking game before you make shit up.

>filename

Attached: youblewit.jpg (200x200, 6K)

DOOM 3 is the BFG edition straight ported by Panic Button. They just removed the classic DOOM games from BFG edition.

Rent fucking free.

Doom 3 was ported by panic button, who previously brought nu-doom and wolf:tnc to switch. It has the same drm scheme though, so i'm torn between buying it to support their work and my hate for shitty drm.

>Bethesda net is shortened to Bnet
I'm sure that won't cause any confusion

It's not even the base game, dude that's just a funsy credit montage they added. It's exactly the same thing as the gen 7 "Classic Doom" ports.

Yeah it tripped me up for a bit

Pill edits. It's the BFG Edition version of the original games but with master levels and final doom.

you can port doom in 45 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=F4Dv32-PoU4

I didn't even consider that. They're actually going to make wads into their next money maker, aren't they? Those absolute fucking cunts.

Attached: 13e.png (540x718, 287K)

It's kinda sad that news only seems to spread online if it can be compressed into a meme.

Yeah but MVG used already available source port code under the GNU GPL, Bestheda can't do that for commercial products unless they post their source code aswell.

reminder that they took down the best non-PC ports

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1142x476, 493K)

>Todd is enough of a madman to try to monetize WADs that have been being produced by a fan community that's been active since before his Skyrim zoomer audience were even born
okay, now this is epic

Reminder that DOOM 64 is also coming so if you're going to grab that beautiful fan made PC port, now's your chance before Bethesda take it down.

and no rest for living

It's to get people to register Bethesda net accounts.

>pcfags refused to use paid mods so they are going to try it on consoletards next with a fucking decades old game
Somebody please do something about zenimax

>taking down something from the internet
Good luck with that, Streets of Rage Remake and AM2R are still one google search away from you being able to download them.

>subject filled
>LMAO
redditfaggot thread
fuck nu-id, bethesda, zenimax or whatever the fuck they're being called now btw

There's something poetic about the TOS looking like you're agreeing to a deal with the devil.

>doom takes one hour to port to switch
>release a shittastic unity remake
what the fuck mate hahahah hahaha

Not buying an always online, made in unity version of Doom.
I can just play the original on my PSP.

>instead of relying on the basic checks of the offering consoles and their own online account services is also extra super retarded.
This is what really puts my nuts in a twist, they are literary forcing you to give away your e-mail adress to make a ''Bnet'' account so that they can pad the numbers of ''active'' accounts on their shitty fucking launcher. There is no other reason for them doing this on a fucking console since every console since the dawn of time is its own DRM and nowadays they even have software DRM built in to their fucking firmware to make absolutely that you are not cheating the system.

What is even more infuriating is that schemes like this died back in the PS3/360 era since the ''online pass'' crashed and burned in a spectacular fashion back then for doing something that was very similar but ultimately less predatory. I guess that Zenimax wants to bring it back, almost like they are 5-10 years behind everyone else and are just now starting to jump onto the bandwagon

Brutal Doom DLC next.

Has anyone played Doom 3 on the Switch?

Briefly, why?

>isn't always connected to the internet somehow

just STOP being so POOR

How good is the port? Is it just the ''Shield Tablet'' version of the game or is it and actual switchport? How is the DRM check in Doom 3 switch anyway, do they force you to make a Bnet account on that aswell?

It's a brand new port of the BFG Edition handled by Panic Button (who ported DOOM 2016 to Switch.) It's identical to BFG with native 1080p60FPS in Docked and 720p60FPS in handheld mode. It doesn't feature any of the classic game unlocks but has both expansions. There's still the Bnet shit with DOOM 3.

>There's still the Bnet shit with DOOM 3.
Fuck that noise, I was considering using my gold coins on it but now they can just go fuck themselves.

1080p60 docked, 720p60 handheld, as you'd expect. It looks similar to the shield but it's the same game, so no surprises there.

Attached: 1555882524249.gif (484x359, 2.75M)

youtu.be/FP1i1SXH3lI

Bethesda squeezed and pulled and hurt Doom's neck in 1993

>don't want users to pirate
>punish your customers by making them jump through hoops and generally making the experience worse
too many MBAs, not enough chainsaws

>I think I might boycott
just pirate it.

So I’ve been hearing rumors game company called Bethesda put something called DRM in a game called DOOM, possibly from the year of 1993, recently? Can anyone confirm

>You think console users know about doomworld or what GZdoom is?
SOON:
>Bethesda send a C&D to doomworld and Gzdoom

kys tripfag

It's like the late 2000's all over again. Companies not realizing that forcing the paying customer to jump through more hoops than the pirates isn't a good idea. Like Gaben said, piracy is mostly service issue. And if Doom Eternal forces a Bethesda account, that's a pirate for me.

>p

Bethesda isn't even trying to hide the disdain it has for its customers anymore.

The better thing to do is find something else to buy and play. Companies like Zenimax are never going to stop shitting things up unless people stop giving their games mindshare.

Isnt this shit available on most abandonware sites?

DOOM is open source, they can't do shit

And none of them had to use Unity to get it working or implement DRM
All except one

>DOOM is open source
*for now*

>file.png

Attached: 1556771023813.jpg (2560x1440, 280K)

I really hope that for once in this damn industry, people won't actually end up supporting this.

The game is free, has it's source code released since forever.
WADs also float everywhere and it's easy as fuck to get them.

Revolver Ocelot

Attached: revolver ocelot.jpg (560x958, 102K)

Shot like securom absolutely did exist back then you fuckin zoomer

>unity
>lower quality
>DRM
I feel sorry for the modern consoles getting this port, least you can play it on PC or literally anywhere else as it should be

In that case I'll be picking it up, I couldn't care less about DRM

Enjoy slouching in front of your PC you fucktard. "muh mustard race" lmao

github.com/fgsfdsfgs/gzdoom/tree/switch

It's fucking Doom! It's been made to play on fucking oscilloscopes!

This must be some fucked up bet they did
>"Hey Todd, you don't have the balls to pull some weird shit on the Doom re-releases!"

Guy on /vr/ figured out how they fucked up the music

Attached: 1564230001117.gif (256x256, 40K)

>Pete hines
>Mad
Only if they pay him to be.

Here ya go

Attached: 1564171320231.png (680x1483, 289K)

AM2R is even still in development, currently on 1.4.3

To the retards saying it's a wrapper, it's not, they literally remade the whole thing in Unity, guy on /vr/ posted proof:

2 seconds to inject someone elses save on Switch, works great

Nice try jews.

I'd laugh if it didn't make me sad because of how accurate this is and because of how many people also fall for it.

Note the id logo being removed in last panel

>It's a full remake in another engine.
Somehow I doubt they rewrote the game logic from scratch.

Attached: 1564205837320.png (535x555, 52K)

Nigger literally 4 posts above you:

Nice touch but that's the modern id logo so Bethesda wouldn't have an issue with it. What they have an issue with is the original team, likely specifically Carmack.

You're being pointlessly autistic, the point was that they are erasing original id team which is exactly what these unity remakes did

So besides music, explain the idiosyncrasies of the "unity source port" to playing the 2013 Doom Classic ports
bitch

Cringe but slightly based chocolate doom poster

What's weird is that we've found code that references the original .WAD like pic related.

And the game files have the original .WAD like here: It's a mystery as to what the fuck is going on

Attached: EAbJftPX4AEVUoA.png (186x49, 2K)

youtu.be/a9oR2jJZ0rk 0:52

Attached: Battler_Stickygod.png (367x367, 8K)

To be fair, it is believed its a commercial-polished release of D64EX by Kaiser and nightdive studios, using the KEX engine.

Since the nightdive guys are at quakecon right now.

Snorkel implements TWINKIE on BARN from 1993

Attached: Revolver Ocelot.jpg (973x509, 63K)

So console players will be btard then?

That would be ideal. Hard to believe we're in a timeline where the latest multiplatform releases of DOOM 3 and DOOM 64 are almost perfect, but DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 are fucked.

SORR is still there because SEGA left them to release that version that they were developing and they won't delete it under the condition that the developer team won't update, fix or improve it.

>32X
dude, even the SNES had a Doom port

>at a reasonable framerate.

yea, but they want it on the SWITCH

Attached: 1559081040582.png (703x800, 37K)

Fuck, I was hoping it'd just be a nice little port to grab for cheap on a portable console with no strings attached, like that decent port of Duke 3D to the Vita a few years back.
I think I'll just pick up Turok instead.

>not just downloading the IWADs from the Doom "not a general" on /vr/ and plopping them in the source port of your choice

but doom is shareware

Only the first episode.

yeah can you play the first episode WHITOUT internet?

Blame Bethesda, not Id.

Why the fuck are you obsessed with the Switch? This has nothing to do with Nintendo, it's Bethesda's incompetence.

No, because it's Ultimate Doom, which contains all three original episodes + Thy Flesh Consumed. Shareware Doom consisted only of Episode 1: Knee Deep in the Dead.

A lot of the content on ex is gone for good

Is the Doom 3 on switch the BFG edition (ie it includes the two expansion packs)?

it was probably Pete's idea

based

How well does the Doom 3 Switch port run out of curiosity?

Nah, I am sure zenimax are to blame for this, there is pete hines out of touch but this goes a level above it into big boss out of touch

Fucking JOOM.

OH NO NO NO the pirate chads have work to do

Attached: 1556748719125.png (976x658, 251K)

Yes.

because this game is available on everything to the point where the last time I beat episode 1 was on an MP3 player, but the Switch's fanbase will forgive all sorts of atrocities just to have shit on their console instead of playing shit on other consoles. Look at how okay they were with surrendering the Virtual Console in favor of the new shitty always online version with a crippled library!

Fuck you. Everything made in Unity sucks ass. Now doom does too.

You realize the game is like this on PS4 and XBone too right?

>cares about muh free software
>played doom on windows
yeah nah you are all faggots.

It's pretty clear the man doesn't give a shit about their PR anymore

What the fuck??
Even the fucking PocketGo has DOOM and DOOM 2 installed on it, how the fuck do they expect to implement DRM???

i'm probably projecting my own views on todd since i adore him as a godly man but he probably does not give a shit either way

Yes but they don't care.
The anti Nintendo discord just uses anything they can to shitpost about the switch.

>but the Switch's fanbase will forgive all sorts of atrocities
They're the only ones who don't give games a pass if they're bad even if they're first party.

There are 5 ports of Doom already on switch. More than many other systems.

I've been playing Doom on switch for close to a year now. There are the following ports...

>PrBoom via Retroarch core
>Chocolate Doom
>KgDoom
>GZDOOM (currently the best)
>Odamex (multiplayer cross platform network focused version that can still play single player just fine)

This official and 6th version is pretty shit cus they fucked up the music and obviously the retarded required sign in among a few other things of note but at the very least it is the most efficient and easy way to have a game of local multiplayer. If you wanna just jump into a game with a friend or play co-op it's literally 3 buttons presses from the menu to begin. Other versions are quite a bit more complicated and awkward to setup a game. Also the HD rumble is cool.

I would still say stay clear and avoid this port and use either GZdoom or Odamex on your switch if you want to just play single player but if you really like the idea of playing with a friend/s and don't want to hack your switch then 4 bucks isn't so bad DESPITE the terrible business practices of Zenimax and Shithesda

I agree, and i was wrong to follow the crowd.

From what i saw in YouTube, the game works fine, looks fine and plays as expected from vanilla.

The problems are the badly tempoed music, the DISGUSTINGLY MADE Nervesoft credits (the idea is not bad, but if you already had a working base engine, why didnt used that as a base rather than make the sequence using generic unity base?) and the bnet login, even if its only a one-time authentification, theres no reason for that.

Holy shit this is metal. Why didn't I know about this before?

1.0x is too slow and 1.25x is too fast, how do I get it to 1.15x speed?

Even though you only have to sign in once it still checks for a internet connection every single time you go to the main menu. And it says you can't access Nitnendo online features without a internet connection.... Despite this version not having any online features....

I don't understand this. Maybe they're going to patch in online MP down the line? I can't see or understand anything other than this.

>being employed for something means you're good at it and care about it

twitter.com/Jewelots_/status/1155074813230297094

Doom MP revival? Charging at your rival with Super shotguns is coming back? please god yes

Attached: Fuuuuuuuuckkkk.jpg (435x419, 21K)

The absolute state of Id software

Well?

Attached: animalcrossing.png (512x164, 6K)

>Please connect to WFC.
this joke has gone too far

Remember when Pete Hines said "we revolutionized the first person shooter with doom" at e3?
Me too

I don't think it was Hines, it was some other marketer from Bethesda. But yes, fuck them. They pretty much claim to have invented everything.

BNet has always been Blizzard.

finalweapon.net/2019/07/27/bethesda-will-be-fixing-the-bethesdanet-login-for-the-doom-console-releases/

Well that didn't take long.

doomiwads isn't up anymore, where do people get their wads from nowadays?

This one is still the best:
youtube.com/watch?v=QoI57YXK2do

Now if they fix the music I might be interested.

Called it yesterday. Release it with this requirement, rake in the early subs. Be the "good guys" and patch it out over the weekend after getting a nice boost to bethnet numbers.

Doom uses software rendering. It was made before anyone used opengl or directx or anything like that. Unity probably is used as a layer between the game output and the final device.

Someone needs to call their ass out. Todd Howard is not John Carmack.

Their reasoning is that if they own the company they can claim whatever they want. If they bought Disney, they'd claim that Bethesda invented Mickey Mouse.

Obviously Hugo and Marty are well aware they didn't make the series but Bethesda needs to get it through their head that they're the publishers. Not the creators.

>UI customization
Thank GOD

They don't care. They might even force Hugo and Marty to mention it in interviews. They also claimed to invent VR. They'll claim anything they want. They claim to have invented Fallout too.

never heard of idgames?

SAGE GOES IN EVERY FIELD

sounds pretty good on 1.25 speed gamer

Wait what?

They just had a playthrough of the E3 demo, and confirmed you'll be able to tweak the UI.

They'll never get me backups.

Not anymore boys. Doom is once again safe from the hands of Todd.

Attached: DOESITWORKNOW.png (400x239, 40K)

Apologize Yea Forums.

Apparently it's just a one time thing and you can play offline after.

Still doesn't excuse it, holy shit what retards. It gets worse: Apparently it's a unity remake and judging from screenshots, it's unlicensed unity. Why is this so fucking hard? Fully expect Doom 64's port to have all of this shit.

>Fully expect Doom 64's port to have all of this shit.

Nope, you're wrong their chief

So what? Just because something is old doesn't mean you have more of a right to steal it.

Attached: 1562480629351.jpg (1507x1350, 699K)

Why the fuck would you put drm on a game that's open source?

Fuck you Todd, never.

lets hope thats not the case.

the nightdive guys were seen at quakecon, and that MIGHT mean that the D64 port is actually a comercially polished version of D64EX, since Kaiser (the creator of D64EX and the KEX engine) works for them.

even with bethesda at the helm, theres no way in hell they could dissapoint, assuming they ARE doing that of course.

You forget how entitled Yea Forums babies are.

Late stage capitalism

Attached: 1554317321978.jpg (750x796, 70K)

How long until they put Creation Club paid mods on Doom?

Attached: 1521602893012.jpg (588x393, 116K)

Are they fixing the music?

>Everyone that made the original doom games is gone from ID
>ID is no longer ID, they are now an internal Bethesda studio
>Any money spent on these new doom ports will not go to the original developers or even the original company that made these games possible
Well excuse me for having a brain

Won't happen since i'm sure the Unity remake can't utilize mods

its not DRM, its supposed to be a one-use auth.

after that you can play without being connected, BUT, each time you try to run the game when offline you are gonna get online error windows, which might or might not harm the switch over time.

i for one, if they deliver and DO remove that shit, i would buy at least doom 2, because outside that, the Nerve credits and the music, it DOES look like a decent doom port.

all this talk about drm got me thinking
what if steam etc would shut down overnight?
could you trick the apps into working anyways?

Alright. I guess you can just take home the Mona Lisa from the Louvre because Leonardo is long dead. Retard.

>Yea Forums literally defends this
I really hope this is a sophisticated form of ironic shitposting

Hdoomguy go to sleep

No work on that yet.

word not work*
Thanks brain

>No way to play the 25+ years of quality community megawads

They're never trying with these re-releases are they?

Attached: 1505123813980.png (1500x1486, 320K)

They should release this with Terry wads.

He needs the money man, he works at a gas station these days.

>DRM on freeware

>Playing Doom on console
>Buying console version Doom
Why?

Attached: 1434512025928.png (466x492, 137K)

Pyramids weren't built by slaves, but contracted peasant workers who were offered high pay and a strong diet high in meat (a rare treat for a peasant) to keep them strong and fit for the work. All on the off-season when the peasants would normally be doing nothing but sitting around. Most of the time you had peasants lining up to fill monument building jobs in Egypt. To be fair, sometimes they did have trouble getting enough applicants and rounded up a couple peasants who were forced to do it, but they did still get the pay and other benefits.

tl;dr slavery apologist

Attached: 1555767389102.png (520x458, 427K)

But it literally wasn't slavery, user. At least pick a real example for your argument, like a new world plantation or a roman lead mine.

>Doom on console

zoom zoom zoom zoom

Is this the most kino wad ever made?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9qSuQapFY&t=149s

Attached: aeugh.jpg (2348x3000, 686K)

Even if they were slaves everyone in Egypt viewed the Pharaohs as literal gods, and building the pyramids was a great honor for them.

Fuck off
She lost
MORE
YEARS

I wonder why they're releasing 64 after 1-3. You'd think they're release them all at once but I guess not.

>falling for four thousand year old state propaganda
good grief user

I pirated doom over 20 years ago so why wouldnt I pirate it today too?

Some might have grown up a little in 20 years.

I wouldnt be here if I did

Well, you got me there.

Hollow Knight exists

No, just because you refer to battle.net as "bnet" that does not make it so. The word BNet is a registered trademark belonging to zenimax and attached to bethesda.net

You don't have to do the investment all at once though, you could buy 3TB hard drives regularly depending on how many games you buy.

Bruh you're just buying the license to play something for as long as they let you. You don't own shit. Don't like it? Go fuck yourself.

>user struggles with the concept of intellectual property again

The fuck does this have to do with intellectual propety you mongoloid?

please tell me you're just pretending

you agreed to the terms of service goy, you're paying full price for a license we can rescind at any time, nothing more

>wads
WASD*