Which game is the best?

Which game is the best?
For me, it's MHFU and 4 Ultimate

Attached: mhlogos.png (1404x1752, 2.16M)

>FU
>Good
How to spot someone with shit taste.

Probably FU, 3U, 4U and XX pretty much get all of the good monsters with those.

Oh and props to Tri for adding blights.

XX and P3rd

>P3rd
Fuck off with that shit.

MHW
soon Soulborne

Attached: 1426532039810.gif (400x348, 3.77M)

Freedom Unite, Tri, and P3rd.

bump

XX

MHW not even close, so superior there's no point even comparing it to any other.

As for G-rank games, since Iceborne isn't out yet, there's still a discussion worth having. But in less than 2 months we all know the eternal winner so why bother wasting time now?

>only 3rd gen game without underwater shit
>added all the missing weapon classes that Tri (what a shit game) lacked
>added god-tier movesets to some weapons that still remain to this day. Just imagine Bows without their special shot, or Gunlances without quick reload or full burst.
>Had the best "food" system ever, even to this day it's unmatched
>Was the last game to have such a comprehensive farm, it was simplified ever since

I'm not him and P3rd isn't my favorite, but it sure is the best 3rd gen game.

I'm always going to like Tri best for nostalgia. But everything I've played except World is good.

I've been told they are all bad, especially your favorite

>World
>Railroaded, inferior Jhen Mohran-wannabe that you literally can't even lose to if you try (I tested)
>Monsters scripted to run away from you on mandatory expeditions so you can't even fight them if you want to, removing all tension from expeditions and making them a total waste of time
>Layered maps that are so bad they had to introduce the tracker bugs to guide players around them
>Good

Say whatever you want about previous games, but at least when Devilhjo showed up in Tri, the game didn't script it to run away from me after fifteen seconds, completely removing any sense of danger.

>Jhen Mohran-wannabe
No senile-type fight was ever good, although I do concede that MHW's is among the worst (although not the absolute worst, 2nd gen seniles exist after all). I will have to say though, very strange point to hang on to, as if these fight are ever a relevant part of the games.

>Monsters scripted to run away from you on mandatory expeditions so you can't even fight them if you want to, removing all tension from expeditions and making them a total waste of time
Again a very strange point to even mention. Expeditions are no more than gathering quests. How would they improve if monsters didn't leave? In fact how does that NOT add tension? If they stayed forever you'd have all the time in the world to hunt them down with no consequence. You got it backwards.
But again, Expeditions are such a small part of the game, even a smaller factor than Everwood Expeditions were in 4th gen - and monsters there also left after a certain amount of time just as MHW's Expeditions.
Why the fuck are we talking about Expeditions?

>Layered maps that are so bad they had to introduce the tracker bugs to guide players around them
Only bad map is the Forest, understandable considering it was their concept/test map and they obviously went overboard with it.
Scoutflies are a vastly superior system to what we had before though, I won't give you the pleasure of an argument, it's just better factually. Let's just say that drinking a psychoserum doesn't make you 140IQ.

>but at least when Devilhjo showed up in Tri, the game didn't script it to run away from me after fifteen seconds, completely removing any sense of danger.
I have no clue what you're talking about, completely delusional. You're talking about Expeditions again (seriously do you play those all day or something? What the living fuck are you doing?) Invading monsters like Bazel/Jho fuck you up throughout the entire hunt, they don't leave the map - just like before.

I would resent Zorah a lot less if they didn't dedicate half of the dev team to it and its shitty fight

sounds like baby got filtered by khezu and it still upset about it 10 years later

Attached: 1471026006222.png (250x241, 42K)

Still made a game with more than double the monsters of 1st and 3rd gen HR games, same amount as 2nd gen, and only lagging behind 4th gen (understanbable when MH4 recycled from 10 years worth of content and World is just the start of the next 10 years). So I don't understand the complaint, not to mention IB is looking like one of the beefiest G-rank games (relative to the base) of all time.

Zorah is relevant because the game builds up to it heavily and makes you think "now I'll actually get to play the game," and then it's just the worst. And it's not just about being bad, it's about the fact that you cannot fail it. It might as well be a cutscene for all that you actually get to do in it.

If expeditions were set up as just plain gathering quests I wouldn't even have hated them so much, but they pretend to be more than that. Minor part of the game? They're supposed to be showcases for the new areas and all the cool new monsters, but whenever I try to fight these cool new monsters they're showing me the game has them run away from me as if I'm a more dangerous monster than they are. How does that not take away tension? I feel like fucking Saitama. Even outside of that there's a general feeling that the game treats fighting monsters as punishment rather than a reward. Like when it introduces a cool new monster in a cutscene and then has you lose consciousness in a bullshit cutscene when the game has me legitimately hype to fight this monster. Then I go on an expedition, find the monster, and still don't get to fight it because it runs away. Then I do a bunch of quests with less fun monsters before finally getting the quest. And this was directly after Zorah had already disappointed me.

When the game constantly builds up to "oh you're gonna do something special now," and I prepare for a tough encounter, and I get a lame cutscene and then have to waste time on menial shit, it ruins the game for me.

And scoutflies as a system are meh. They're neither better nor worse. Actually, I'd say the system is functionally equivalent. You just do a minor task that allows you to track the monster. The only difference is that one shows you a location on the map, whereas the other draws lines for you in the environment too. The fact that this latter thing is necessary is the real point, that they weren't competent enough to make a proper, readable 3D-map.

I can only comment on the ones I've played, so I'll go with GU
>t. Worldbabby

The complaint is that they could have used the manpower to expand the roster even more.
>Here's your burger and fries with a side of shit
>wtf I don't want this shit
>well half of our team worked very hard on it
>couldn't half of your team made me another burger instead?
>I don't understand, other places wouldn't give you a pile of shit this large, you should be happy

it's also the best mobile game in existence, no other game exists which can trounce it, emulators or not.

(cont)

And all this has to be taken together with the fact that the game already never managed to properly challenge me for the 60 hours I wasted on it in the vain hope that "it will eventually get better." Whereas the lack of proper challenge is the injury, this stuff is the insult that makes me feel like they don't even have the intent or desire to ever give me the game I want.

World.

It made stuff cozy and enjoyable.

MHFU for me

replaying it currently, there's just something really soulfull about comfy Pokke village, Pokke farm, Felyne comrades and also the weapons all being very raw and basic
no environmental bullshit, no retarded styles, just you vs the monster

Underwater is hardly a problem. I can tolerate a few underwater fights if it means I get G-rank and Brachy.

My favourites are 4U ans 3U. I like world but for some reason it got boring fast compared to past games.

GU.

Lots of monsters
Lots of areas
Tonnes of shit to do
Hyper monsters for a challenge
Deviant tiers for a real challenge

It all round had the best on Monster Hunter in one single package and provided an actual challenge.

for me? its the wendys baconator

Out of curiosity, what weapon/-s do you main, and can you tolerate underwater? I'm curious if there's a connection, because I always thought some weapons are more tolerable than others underwater.

I used hammer (a little SA), both of which were fine underwater, in my opinion.