Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPYsMM1FvXs
youtube.com/watch?v=3qUJdZC39VE
youtube.com/watch?v=vBbRJoHTJAM
youtube.com/watch?v=j1MVrc5SvC8
youtube.com/watch?v=T-mj20Xmf4w
youtube.com/watch?v=0jT50gxC-dU
youtu.be/M6ukpNepHCY
nintendosoup.com/earthbound-developers-want-to-know-what-you-want-them-to-make-for-the-series/
youtu.be/tVCn0vzZooQ
youtu.be/3CRwk_fD2vo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Take a melody...

this is Yea Forums though. fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=sPYsMM1FvXs

fuck me

Basically the same thing with all that "Muh Sad Panda" shit

What's with the Yea Forums meme of people pretending they played this?

Just because you never played it doesn't mean otherd haven't.

I've played it 3 times
>retards baited into easy (You)s

youtube.com/watch?v=3qUJdZC39VE

Ok so how old were you guys when you played Mother on the NES? I assume you're middle-aged now?

>Mother on the NES

mother 1 is a great game i love the aesthetic of a group of kids going on a adventure trough america

It's pretty meh for an NES rpg. The aesthetic is the only thing that keeps it from being straight up bad.

So, will we get anything more than a spirit event in Smash?

Simple as can be...

Give it some words and....

Is that mother 4 fangame ever fucking releasing?

itoi is done with mother. it was fun series.

god the things i would do for a remake in the style of the new zelda remake

Attached: 29E58451-9559-4A2F-A175-DA9A80562964.gif (500x375, 184K)

We can only pray, user.

no, but i'll listen to happy days everyday

No. The rebrand on the other hand will have a trailer out by the end of the year, and will also probably never release.

I thought it was the best NES rpg to exist. Definitely made Mother 2 look more bland.

Sweet harmony...

>>>trailer
What the fuck? They had like 3 for mother 4 just release the shit already. I swear this is just a couple sprites by hype fags to troll people at this point

I played it. Gave up at the giant factory

The dungeons are complete garbage

A bunch of ship about it got leaked (the plot, where it was set, and the final boss) and now is rebranding as oddity under the moon

Attached: DC440DC4-799F-44C3-96F6-78DB1A0F5B8F.jpg (828x1081, 227K)

The Attic's a Dungeon?!

Dev claimed that was all really outdated info from around the time of the Shane debacle. Take that as you will.

Someone from the current dev team said that all the shit from that post was changed already.

Sounds like extreme autists with shit writing skills being salty their shit was leaked and no one likes the premise of it.

will the franchise ever make a comeback in the form of remakes?

Attached: 1562813660487.png (640x400, 403K)

been looking at twitter for anniversary fanart
hashtag is #mother_30th
great stuff

Attached: 1557923993875.jpg (1609x2048, 599K)

I see user, thank you

Attached: 982C36E3-9E16-4F56-96B9-ED8047B1475C.png (339x338, 91K)

what is this?

What a series, what a series. Itoi is genuinely something else, and I'm glad he took a crack at making games. Got DQII to thank for him even getting the idea to do this, too.

>Yea Forums

I played it for the first time in middle school on an emulator and I'm in my mid 20s now

Pitched idea for Mother on the gamecube, with felt art. Never made it past just being an idea, and the concept only recently came to light.

Good shit. Mother 1 is unironically my favorite game.

Attached: 1543977231038.png (500x484, 124K)

god mother fits perfectly for the yarn/fabric art style

honestly maybe but it aint mother 4 anymore so my want for it to come out is just gone, im just waiting for whenever the next leaks come out so i can see more of what the game was gonna be like, who knows maybe someone will leak a build

Itoi is a great writer, it's a shame every time an indie dev gets "inspired" by the MOTHER series, what they're really inspired by is his writing and proceed to not realize it.

honestly i don't mind what style they choose i'd buy that shit by day 1

Attached: 1553478072746.jpg (790x689, 89K)

Shit series and would be beyond dead if it weren't for smashies

why did you reply to my post

The game is just for people who want to juice the series to its maximum, the game is super frustrating, there's random encounters, animations take a long time, each battle gives you little exp, the game doesn't tell you where to go, it's a mess. But still, it kickstarted this beautiful universe.

really? wow, you must have an amazing amount of patience when it comes to that game

It's really difficult to explain why I like the game in spite of its massive flaws. Maybe it's the game's authentic charm or my crippling autism.

don't worry, I get you, I like Earthbound too much, when people ask me why I like it more than M3, I always say that M2's atmosphere charms me so much, there's something about the irony of a mundane world filled with fucked up and whacky situations and places.

>mother 1 is literally a casual repelent
based, """mother fans""" who have only played earthbound and/or mother 3 btfo

Attached: 1548431419415.jpg (480x480, 36K)

user tried PSI bump!

it didn't work

I have to say, M1 is one of those experiences that I felt a lot of frustration playing it at the time but for whatever reason I look back on with fondness. I do think I get you, somewhat, there is something charming about the whole experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=vBbRJoHTJAM

And how Nintendo celebrate it? or right, with nothing, thank you Nintendo, very cool.

Attached: fat.jpg (1366x768, 203K)

Yeah, it's a strange mix of eerie and wonderful that few imitators can match.

The music embodies this feeling very well:
youtube.com/watch?v=j1MVrc5SvC8

based
youtube.com/watch?v=T-mj20Xmf4w
youtube.com/watch?v=0jT50gxC-dU

Attached: 1549026904573.jpg (4096x946, 412K)

I played it after 2 and 3 and I gotta say it really deserves more credit, EarthBound borrows a ton of shit from it right down to Ness pretty much being not-Ninten. I was really surprised at how nonlinear it is compared to the following games, you can finish the game with pretty much any party combination and you can just completely miss canary village. Also the album is godly and the peanuts style is pure SOUL.

Attached: ninten.gif (98x112, 2K)

youtu.be/M6ukpNepHCY

30 years, and Nintendo doesn't do shit for it.
I shouldn't be surprised, they Barely acknowledged Marios 30th.

Attached: e4dbb94a8f484a53b938218e85610b0b.webm (560x378, 464K)

>how odd that we never got a Porky Spirit in Smash.

Attached: 98879dbdb027f49f6860b1abeed17391.png (800x700, 546K)

Duuude

Attached: 2a41089bc4cc24ea7f3b7fb6a6b84a4f.png (850x1350, 1.15M)

That's the game's name, and that's the system it was on.
Oh okay makes perfect sense then to celebrate a 30th anniversary of something you played 10 years ago.

Meant for

>and that's the system it was on
stupid newfag

Please don't tell me you're being pedantic about calling it the NES instead of Famicom.

I'm actually mad. Not even a rerelease of Earthbound beginnings? No commemorations? Does Nintendo just hate this series or something

Attached: 1564176186155.jpg (708x850, 122K)

Yes I am, faggot

They didn't do a 25th celebration for Metroid despite Mario and Zelda getting one.

Thats some bullshit, I swear.
Mario and Zelda are fun games but theyre not your only fucking IPs, fuck.
Nintendo are basically Capcom now

>You can only celebrate the anniversary of something you like if you were there at its original release
Are you stupid?

Winter 2014 my dude

We should be glad M1 even got it's localization released in some form after all these years. They know it's an important series to people, which is why Ness has appeared more and more in Smash material than even Captain Falcon, but for whatever reason they don't really bother with ports of the series.

Congrats, Mother Fandom, for enjoying our games for 30 years.

Your prize is NOTHING!
GET OUT OF MY HOME OR IM CALLING THE COPS

-Shigesato Itoi

You need to stop.

Attached: 1518059996144.png (400x400, 99K)

>on the NES
Unless they speak Japanese, anyone here who's played it has emulated it.

I mean, it's something
hope is awful

nintendosoup.com/earthbound-developers-want-to-know-what-you-want-them-to-make-for-the-series/

I can't read moon, is any of the options a remaster of the trilogy or is it all merchandising stuff?

neither. it's mostly: which did you play first, which game/character/line(?)/place/enemy/item is your favorite and why.
Last question is: "I want to say now, what is the demand for "MOTHER"? What do you want to tell developers? Cheers and thanks messages are welcome!" (google translate)

Raise your voices...

It was on the famicom and never released in the us you troglodyte

It's got the two most kino NES moments ever.
youtu.be/tVCn0vzZooQ
youtu.be/3CRwk_fD2vo
I'm sad people just brush it off before making it to Magicant.

I played it just two months ago and I actually loved it.
So 25.

Attached: 1559528796720.png (784x1019, 905K)

So who is Pollyanna?

A character from a book of the same name, she's an extremely optimistic little girl

I was honestly expecting a short Direct with the Hero release alongside a Porky teaser at the end.
How naive I was to think Nintendo actually respected their own legacy.

Attached: 1564079161822.jpg (480x360, 9K)

A girl from a childrens book. She always sees the positive in things.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna

29, played it two years ago, good game

Attached: 1369775696325.jpg (600x600, 258K)

Aren’t they calling it groovy fags now or something?

based user keeping it real.