Get Hype! DOOM64 coming to PC and PS4

DOOM64 Rerelease Leaked.
comicbook.com/gaming/2019/07/26/doom-64-ps4-pc/
Coming to PC, PS4 and probably Xbox One, Switch. Likely a port of Doom64 EX.

Attached: doom64.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/deadworldtweets/status/1113548798716981249
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's so great about this game? Isn't some pc port to 64?

why not just play doom64 ex instead of giving zenimax more money for something they didn't make and and will probably try to strip of all the original credits out of

An original doom game for the Nintendo 64. The true Doom 3.
Because most people don't even know this game exists.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (640x400, 76K)

Nightdive is at Quakecon.
Kaiser (the author of Doom 64 EX) is the lead programmer of most of Nightdive's ports.

Therefore, it stands to reason that Nightdive was hired for this port, and that would mean Doom 64 EX's author gets paid for it.

Attached: photo_2019-07-26_20-27-32.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

HAHA THANKS FOR BETA TESTING
PC WINS AGAIN

Why is Harvey Levin in that pic?

Will I need a bethesda account to play?
How will this be better than the doom 64 port we have right now?

Dude on the far right has the ugliest body shape I have ever seen.

Imagine if they actually add back the Revenant, Archvile and Spider Mastermind. One can only wish.

Bit old for a port, no?

Considerinng this is basically the prequel to DOOM 2016, not really.
Brutal Doom 64 does this. It's better than EX (I know Brutal mods are a meme, but this one is great).

All games should get a PC port.

>play it through DOOM64EX
>Hey, nice, just played through it in one sitting.
>try to play it through shithesda release
>bnet account is required and your soul needs to be inserted in todd's ass

If this is true and the port is not an abomination like the doom 1 and 2 ports I could see myself getting it. Maybe, we'll see. Doom 64 was a great game, the real doom 3 if there ever was one.

Will they release the source?

Reminder
twitter.com/deadworldtweets/status/1113548798716981249
>A lot of #NintendoSwitch owners have wanted #Nintendo64 games on the #NintendoSwitchOnline experience. Well @NightdiveStudio has ported #Turok to our favorite handheld. It's the first of many classic N64 games to come. #indiedev

They probably don't have the source and they're just winging it and rebuilding it with the cucks engine like with Blood.

It's the real Doom 3. Most atmospheric game in the series.

>Isn't some pc port to 64?
It shares no assets with id Software's Doom & Doom II, so no.

It's neither a port nor a remake. I think that a lot of people assume it's one of those, which might be why a lot of people overlook it.

>Brutal Doom 64 does this. It's better than EX
Disagree. Brutal Doom 64 is an incredibly flat looking game because it is missing Doom 64's gradient lighting. It's also leans into Doom as a power fantasy. All rip and tear and gore and shit. Doom 64 isn't that kind of game. You're the hunted, not the hunter.

Looks like the body of an old lady, right?

The author took this into consideration when making the game.
>Q: Will there be fatalities and executions?
>A: No, unlike the original Brutal Doom, this version is focused on making it as much as disturbing, horror and survival-oriented possible and a much more serious tone, So there won't be such over-the-top stuff.

What really seals the deal for me with Brutal Doom64 are all the awesome new levels.

Despite the inevitable Bnet shit I'm still glad that more people will be aware of this game. I'm also hoping for a rerelease/remake of Doom RPG while they're at it

Underrated post

who hasnt already played the n64 version...lol?
you can emulate it ez...

ok i lol'd

>ruins of sarnath.jpg

So it's basically just a payed version of Doom 64 EX with the doom64 rom

Going by Nightdive's other releases of previously open source games, they might add extra content.

And honestly, D64EX is such good work that he deserves to be paid for it