Why aren't you playing underrail right now?

Why aren't you playing underrail right now?

Attached: underrail.jpg (1000x1000, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw
steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/1603762500089463640
steamspy.com/app/250520
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Combat_Stats#Defense
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i am. im playing a spearchucking amazon.

I am bump for underrail thread.

Because I own a computer incapable of running it.

God damn grey base and the weird patrols

But how
Even my 2007 toaster can run it just fine

because I was eating cake but now I'm getting back to it sorry user

Because shit got fucking spooky.

Attached: 20190726184210_1.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

An user mentioned a Psisniper build near the end of the previous thread, if you're still here do you mind sharing your build? It sounds like fun.

Attached: rathound king regalia.jpg (1920x1600, 650K)

it's an undertale ripoff

(you)

I remember undertale was referenced so many times in the old 2015-16 underrail threads.

Thanks for this post.

How the hell do you get out of the grey warehouse once you get the oil, the god damn sniper spots me every time

You assassinate the assassins and snipe the snipers and soldier the soldiers and officer the officers.

I popped a boner at this
I'm concerned

I got bored of it, apparently despite being at least 5-10 hours deep I didnt get to the good part. And turns out my save has been deleted so now Id have to start again knowing theres at least 10 hours of no-fun to push through

I've already beaten the game as a crossbow/stealth character and now I'm planning to go through it as an aidswizard.
I know absolutely nothing about psi at all since I didn't even take it last run, would I be shooting myself in the foot if I went hard mode this time around? Basically what I'm asking is whether or not my inexperience with psi will be enough of a handicap already on normal.

Use the soldier outfit, the spec ops will question you but will let you go
Go make your way back as soldier suit

I quit after i killed toriel and i havent tried it again after

Why does Yea Forums keep shilling this boomer trash?
>OLD THING GOOD
>NEW THING BAD

Was i the only one who got jumpscared by the crabs bursting from the ground

What do you mean, the game is as new as it gets.
Return to your smash thread please.

Psi bois have gimped health so hard is a handicap.

oh ffs those fucking uniforms weight 8kg each i fucking wish i had known i was going to be swiching those shits before and left all the crafting shit outside the rift

I'm a wizard
Dive into the wiki, read the basics, come back and ask your questions

>Restarted as a crafting character
>Already pretty much back to where I was

God bless 5x speed

meant for

Because I refuse to live through the Deep Caverns and the 90 minute real time merchant restock timer again

i want to play it but i didn't buy it when it was on sale numerous times

Nah man where's the fun in that? I want to discover this part of the game that is completely unknown to me by playing the game.
Just not sure which difficulty to play on.

Is it viable to take all four psi skills?
Or is not really worth it?

Should I be aiming for the highest possible numbers on my sniper rifles, or should I focus on being able to get 2 shots off with rapid reloading and smaller caliber? I imagine with all the crit/sneak bonuses, Snipe + AImed Shot on the first turn would be extremely good, but I have no idea how much HP enemies have in late game and being able to ace one thing out of combat might be more viable.

Spear Throw kicks ass

Do it on hard, first timer psi might be too much on Dominating

>finally get TNT and can blow up rocks
>encounter a dead end with a storage chest
>my character is paralyzed and being poisoned to death because a giant invisible spider just hit me
>spider turns back invisible and waits for me to die
>read about the dominating difficulty
>these fuckers are everywhere
I just savescummed and spammed AOE attacks and killed that fucker

>Is it viable to take all four psi skills?
You are effectively a living fucking god and conduit of psionic energy.

So I just want to double check, I used the rift at Dude's house and ended up in a gray army base. But I ended up in the same place when I went to the foundry roof. Did I click through the menu too fast or does the place get more to it as I find more rifts?

idk, man, I'm looking at screenshots and failing to find an answer

Attached: 123049871250.png (483x726, 489K)

What is the ideal Throwing skill to aim for so that I won't blow myself up with grenades but am also not overdoing it to some sort of olympian shotputter level

Subaru_kitten on Snapchat for daily nudes

Where is the speedup option? I looked in the options and couldn't see it, but i'm retarded, so.

when the dice are with you max range

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x800, 334K)

>get to the final area
>spend 20hours looking for shit and fighting endless mobs
>uninstall
>watch ending on youtube

Let me put this way
A 10 INT and 10 WILL, +100 skills on every school Psyker will make Thanos look like a casual
The only downside is the relatively high upkeep and slow start, other than that, you're a mortal made god

Most based game there is.

Attached: 1543546602234.png (800x2175, 565K)

pussy

This images needs to be updated looks like. DLC changes too much. Game is well over a hundred hours base now for example.

Did they release the expansion yet.

Did they finally add shotguns?

yes

How do I use a shield generator? I was exploring before I headed to Depot A, and I killed some firefag with a 450 one.

Also, is a Doctor's Belt the go-to for a PSI user? Carrying 30 extra pounds was nice, but 2 AP GULP seems very strong. I can carry the carry weight one on me to swap out when it's time to leave.

30-50, 80 if you plan on using grenades all the time.

It's + and - on the keyboard. You can rebind the keys in the options menu if you'd like.

Yes. The expansion just released and shotguns are one of the new features.

nice

You don't need evasion if you don't wear armor. You need ONE of the below
dodge or evasion (lol)
stealth
extremely high initiative

ye

Attached: shotty.webm (804x440, 192K)

First off the game is 4 years old
Second I'm taking about the gameplay design
>you have to autistically spend hours in Excel to come up with a decent build
>shitty dice roll combat
>DUDE WE HAVE PERKS THIS IS JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF FALLOUT REMEMBER THAT GAME???
>3D camera? Who needs that is not like this is supposed to be a tactical RPG oh wait
And let's not forget the walls of text to explain every little thing or the outdated graphics

Well shit. Looks like I'm starting over again.

For a psi user the doctors belt is essential when you get all the cool drugs

Equip Energy Shield Generator on the slot next to your head
Once equiped, next to the '2 active weapons' slots on your HUD, you will see the icon a shield generator
Click to active generator
Click again to deactive generator
Shift + Click to fully recharge generator

You're welcome.

is the expansion good?

Because I'm not gay.

go back to fortnite that seems more your style child

You CAN and do other stuff, but no, you don't need to.

If you're psychosis, you're using metathermics and PK. Drop TC to 75 and TM to 60. Don't listen to retards; your synergy is high enough to land CC on even Dom the very few times you would even want to due to the higher cost

If you're tranq, you could do the same as above no problem. You could also go TM PK and TC all in and just say "FUCK YOU" to MT. You won't need it.

>>you have to autistically spend hours in Excel to come up with a decent build
No you do not.
>>shitty dice roll combat
One of the best tactical combat games ever made.
>>DUDE WE HAVE PERKS THIS IS JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF FALLOUT REMEMBER THAT GAME???
Perks are 10 times more useful than in fallout. They actually give you new abilities that extend and diversify your character down a path.
D camera? Who needs that is not like this is supposed to be a tactical RPG oh wait
Never had a lack of information that wasn't my character failing a perception check.

The expansion meanwhile is only a few days old.
Literally all of your complaints can be directed to many other newer games. Are you really just coming into RPG threads to complain about how they're old or how the graphics aren't pretty enough for you? Why?

Attached: 1564132761715.jpg (448x398, 136K)

>put it on my hotbar and was clicking it, recharging it.

HURR, thanks, pal.

Very good. Basically like if you had New Vegas and you put it into the same game instead of a standalone.

Both are equally good. I'd keep two rifles honestly, one Harbinger in 12.7 and then a Spearhead in 7.62.
The only downside about snipers is that there's no .44 sniper, so you can't fucking fire explosions into groups of mooks from a mile away.

already a casualty and you don't even realize it yet

Attached: clownworld.jpg (640x960, 65K)

the beta tester who favors snipers the most prefers this set up:
>rapid anatomical spearhead with smart module
>laser-sight neo luger (can't remember 2nd enhancement or caliber)
>crit NV goggles

>you have to autistically spend hours in Excel to come up with a decent build
You only really have to plan if you intend on playing a higher difficulty. On Normal difficulty and below you just have to make sure you don't try to become a jack of all trades and you're good.
>shitty dice roll combat
There's nothing wrong with dice roll combat in RPGs.
>DUDE WE HAVE PERKS THIS IS JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF FALLOUT REMEMBER THAT GAME???
Feats/perks/etc. have been around since Dungeons and Dragons and other tabletop RPGs, silly. Fallout didn't invent the system.
>3D camera? Who needs that is not like this is supposed to be a tactical RPG oh wait
>And let's not forget the walls of text to explain every little thing or the outdated graphics
The game was made by two people in their free time. I think they did pretty well and the visuals suit the atmosphere of the game. You have to know you can't expect AAA graphics from small indie titles.

Daily reminder:
If you have trouble with dodgefags, stun them and throw a net, their dodging/evading abilities will plummet to the ground for as long they are netted

well, effective 120 throwing is max grenade accuracy at max range (but you can be intimidated or get some other debuff)
its what I shoot for, personally
some people settle for far less, but im sure they just reload when a grenade fucks up their fight

?
It's a zoomer game

taze them, see if you can finish them off on that round (their dodge/evasion is 0 while stunned), if not, use your last 10 AP to throw a net

Never used a tazer desu
Didnt find the appeal of it as I'm already a stunning machine

>Feelio when I'm stuck and can't decide which feat I want for level 12
>Feelio when it's pissing me off hard
Lend me your aid, bros.
Blitz, Sharpshooter and Vile Weaponry are the big 3 sticking out to me right now.
My issue with Blitz is, I always fire out of stealth, so I have no movement points to make use of blitz on the first turn anyway, and I don't have the Interloper feat to give me movement points while in stealth (Interloper could be a decent pick too though, actually)
Sharpshooter will end up being great when I get Deadly Snares at level 14, since I'll always be critting against targets caught in my bear traps and Sharpshooter straight up adds an extra 30% to my crit damage bonus. Also obviously synergizes great with aimed shot.
Now Vile Weaponry is the wild card one that I've just been thinking about. I want to make use of my poisons, Vile Weaponry apparently increases ALL damage sources by 10%, and puts a 25% healing debuff on the enemy. It also stacks up to 3 times for a total of 30% extra damage and a 75% healing cut. If my poisons keep racking up it could theoretically make them do skyhigh damage, but I don't know how I'd go about applying the other bleeds, unless each tick of the bleed counts as another stack?
I'm a bit confused by the feat evidently but it has the potential to be great.
I just fear that if I take Blitz/Sharpshooter that I'll be going too far down the vanilla crossbow/trapper build path. Obviously that build and those feats are just so fucking strong that it's hard to pass them up but I wanted to set myself apart by going the poison route. Fuck.

Attached: Poisons yo.jpg (1917x1277, 431K)

How do i make shotguns work early game?
Having to wait till lvl 2 to get 20 persuasion for the shoddy shotgun is fucking me up and its not that great of a weapon either

Can't get past the scrapyard

Does anybody sell cloth in South Gate Station?

If you don't have a quiver yet get one now

Has anyone made a psi spear chucker yet? How's it going?

Did you do the scrapper gang (gang on the north end) quests? That side is way easier to approach. What character are you trying to run?

All I know is that 5x Speed makes this game 10x more playable

Can riot shields or spear guards block bullets? I don't see them being useful if they don't.

Poisons don't even work on many of the enemies you'll be facing. I too thought vile weaponry would be cool on my crossbow build but as I played I kept noticing the words Immune pop up over and over again.

Just finished putting together an ultra-tanky shotgun weildin' grenade throwin' cowboy
How will I fare?

wait until you get to the GMS compound quest. do jacks quest to bring him the package and clear out the tunnels on your way back and sell the shit you get to afford a shotgun/parts. either that or use an AR until you get to junkyard before buying/crafting one.

How soon in to the game can you get a shotgun, excluding the meme one that requires 20 persuasion? Is it the kind of thing that you can't get till junkyard, or the kind of thing that you can't get till core city?

decent but heavy armor would be better on AR as shotgun wants to move fast.

If hammer guys can do it, you'll be fine as long as you take sprint.

Never neglect mobility
t. Metal armor sledgehammer

Nimble and temporal contraction are you best friend.

remade my thrower to add thought control. fear is great crowd control, damage doesn't break it and it lasts four turns. the cheap stuff is temporal though, lets you throw two spears in one turn.

So i wanna play sword or psi guy. Which one is more noob friendly?

also do cheap shit like this: fear the crappy guy up front while stabbing the bigger guy behind.

Attached: zzz.png (1366x768, 636K)

This is the initial stat spread I'm considering for a spear focused character. Thoughts?

Attached: Capture.png (191x221, 3K)

psi guy is more noob friendly by far, its pretty much ez mode

>Why aren't you playing underrail right now?

because I wanted to try a new build out and it literally copied over all of my saves because styg is too stupid to put in a profile system

Int needs 6 unless that was your first/second level up point. Other than that, that's how I would do it. Might even go for 4 con because you aren't getting any kind of talent benefit for 5 and you'll be on shields later anyways.

pretty well. you can get away with using just shotties for a while but you'll want to get a sniper or an AR to help with faggots who play keepaway if you didn't bother getting sprint. I managed to get all the way to the black sea with 3 agi and tungsten armor on hard so you should be fine. restarted because I learned that expertise doesn't work with shotguns and to see how viable it is to switch electronics for mercantile

No but you can go all in on high-speed energy shields since you'll be taking practically zero melee damage

Is that Colin Farrell as a portrait?

>restarted because I learned that expertise doesn't work with shotguns
i was actually wondering about that in character creation a second ago, good to know ahead of time that it doesn't work. nothing worse than the feeling of wasting a perk point.

noob here, in the middle of depot A on a self made build (but I did look up crafting cutoffs). Fun as fuck game. I finished with Pathfinder Kingmaker recently and I'm tickled pink that I got two play two CRPGs of this quality so recently.

Attached: champions-of-krynn.gif (640x400, 35K)

yeah from that shitty capeshit movie in which he throws things real good
youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

I found my first one in junkyard or even before.not yet in core city.

I remember this

because the walking speed while backtracking was annoying and opening up and alt tabbing and opening cheat engine everytime i had to backtrack was annoying.

Attached: 1553282914512.jpg (918x592, 96K)

Why? Both Cheap Shots and Expose Weakness only require 5.

I feel you bro, my last sledgehammer build (first char) couldn't finish the final boss

I've one twice in the GMS compound

>Depot A
>Silent Isle
>Deep Fuck

>House at the End of Patience
>pre nerf spider berry cave
>Vordekai's Tomb

I love that both games filter the zoomers so, so hard.

Spear is a Dexterity weapon I believe
You will benefit more from Dexterity than Strenght
However if you want to play as a shield spear guy, get strenght to 5-6

just set up a fucking hotkey you moron, you've already figured out how to use CE why not use it properly?
i have one for normal gameplay speed, 2x (always on), and 16x for backtracking

Waiting for the expansion files to be uploaded to rin.ru, of course. Only a matter of time.
I probably could just cannibalize the files I need from the pirated GoG release or something but I don't give enough of a shit to want to bother with that.

not going to craft with perks? You're gucci then

no? spear is a strength weapon with a couple of 5 dex feats.

I feel you
I feel you so much
I beat Tchort with infused cave hooper leather tabi boots and infused cave hooper leather armor

So, i'm done with the first rift, do i need to carry the damn uniforms with me for the next or can i drop them already?

Attached: 20190727020426_1.jpg (1600x1200, 238K)

Any IRON GRIP chads here

Shield and spear requires 11 strength, and they aren't light weapons so dex doesn't help them at all.

buy it

Hold me famalam, wish me luck for my current sniper/shotgun stealth build

Attached: 83a.png (528x321, 133K)

No thank you friend paypig.

>all the new potential build combinations
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HOLY SHIT I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I WANT TO PLAY

spears still want crit for synergy between cheap shots, impale, and spear throw. a little extra damage from strength over 7 doesn't compare.

No spears are not light weapons, but they still benefit from Dex. Not sure in what way, but that's according to the wiki.

It's 8% for every point over 7 so at 11 strength you're looking at 30% bonus damage. Plus using a spear with a shield is fucking cool. My spear build has 11 strength and 7 dex.

more crit chance

retard, you should almost always be pumping strength like a motherfucker with spears. are you seriously implying you'd be pumping dex? for literally 1% more crit chance per level? there are FAR more efficient ways of generating crit chance.

>3% extra crit chance vs. guaranteed 24% damage
It's obvious which is better.

Good luck
Also
>Silently assasin someone
>With a shotgun

INT should be 3 or 7 for crafting feats depending if you want to craft or not.

buy
it

That's stupid advice that completely ignores melee feats.
The crafting feats aren't even worth it.

Please tell me impale works on spear throw

Oddity or classic for the first game?

Oddity for every game

oddity. its far more interesting than flat xp. ignore people telling you only to go oddity if you're a stealth based character, the difference in accessible oddities is almost meaningless.

No. Impale works like Aimed Shot.

Hey guys. Pretty new to this genre of games. Whats a good weapon type for me to start with as a self identified brainlet?

Assault rifles

Sledgehammers

go full psi, it is certainly one of the easier builds in the game because all those abilities give you a huge amount of control over the battlefield.

This game looks amazing in 21:9 btw

Attached: IMG_20190727_071913_400.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

sledgehammer high str high con, low intell. Just start bashing.

no sneak oddity here. No problems leveling at all and it's quite fun. I like that I can just flashbang and Benny Hill it out of there or talk my way out of shit without "missing out"

Seriously, where the fuck is the Ferryman?

It's easier to play once you know what to do but not as easy to build and manage.

Metal armor
Assault rifles, shotguns and/or Sledgehammers

>2440x1440 monitor
>had to go 1920 x 1080 so I could fucking see
my eyes were always bad, but fuck the late 30's.

anyone want to sell me on this? gime like a quick rundown on what its like.

2560, my mistake.

Attached: sword.jpg (614x1090, 198K)

fallout 1/2 had a one night stand with Metro 2033 when they were both really smashed off cheap vodka
this is what fell out

plays like Arcanum, theme is like STALKER + Metro, feels like Shadowrun

>throw my spear for the first time
>the spear is now on the ground next to the enemy
>i now have no spear
oh my god
holy shit i DID NOT think this through

Attached: 1465786606710.jpg (185x216, 7K)

>plays like Arcanum
That's a confusing statement. Just say Fallout, wouldn't want anyone to think that Underrail has a poorly thought out real time combat system now would you?

Tranquility or Psychosis? I am level 4 atm and find it hard to use Tranquility while at full health

Attached: 1504860770077.png (349x409, 250K)

it's not
>unheard
of

Attached: 600px-NCFOM-REM11-87-1.jpg (600x257, 30K)

kek

Psychosis if you want to make bitches into corpses.

>Walk up
>Pick up spear for 0 AP
>Stab them

Both are very good in their own right, although psychosis can be rough early on and 100% REQUIRES a doctors belt so that you can chug psi pots with low ap. For that reason i'd tell less experienced players to use tranquility and do their best to keep hp at full. keep in mind that going tranquility will let you unlock a feat that gives you a permanent +25 psi, so the only benefit to tranq isn't just the ap reduction. Also, its easier to maintain full hp when you start using energy shields.
Speaking from the perspective of someone who's played a lot on DOMINATING, psychosis is by far the superior damage dealing option but you really don't need that much damage outside of DOM bosses with several thousand hp.
tl;dr go tranq if you want consistency, go psycho if you want to blow shit the fuck up

*because I am never at full health

There should be a dedicated spearlike weapon to throw, like javelins
Just like the Romans did

Underrail became my favorite historic videogame

Attached: 1551288863000.jpg (800x600, 36K)

harold in engineering sometimes does, I believe
I know I've seen him with kevlar. I've seen Lucas with blast cloth too, but that was after I delivered the drill parts. Blaine has aluminized cloth sometimes, I know.

>Why aren't you playing underrail right now?
Cause I just bought Caves of Qud and Prey, and I can't even bring myself to play those.

Psychosis is for blasting. I like Tranq more for the other stuff Psi can do.

I felt the way you did at first especially with my low ini (lol hi I'm a spawn, let me travel across the map and hit you once XD), but you get a shield, you get a Doctor's Belt (to heal for only 2 AP in combat) and then it's EZ street.

You can still crit with Tranq, btw and if you get hit, oh well, you have no bonus but your spells aren't 20% more expensive.

Look at it like a bonus vs "this must ALWAYS be on"

Activation crit on demand is cooler than 25 more PSI though, not going to lie.

0 move points, dominating

Attached: pummeled.png (1048x714, 1.11M)

Do spear throwers just use two spears?
Isn't that annoying? Melee without a pocket knife to apply expose weakness is a little janky

Spear throw deals ridiculous damage from what I've heard.

Explain.

It deals 100+ from level 1

>you will usually be able to retrieve the thrown spear afterwards
>usually

Attached: tgt.png (290x333, 95K)

Sell it to me. Why should I play it?

i helped abram last time i played, should i betray him this time?
do you-know-who get upset?

There is literally no benefit to betraying abram other than locking yourself out of the best faction in the game

there is no quest for betraying him nor anything of the sorts, you would just be locking yourself from all the questchain, the exp and the traders in the occulus

>go back to town to buy hypos
>don't
>fifth retry
>I have now wasted over an hour

Attached: cliffy JUST.jpg (800x720, 217K)

what helmet do melee heavy armor dudes use? balaclava?

what does this post mean

metal helmets, ya dingus

tungsten with solid padding and shaded visor, until super steel (with galvanic padding)

Is there anything stopping me from going 3 Will and 55 time magic just to take the CD reduction and haste buffs?

Because I suffer from an extreme case of RPG Restartitis so I'm still trying to decide what build I want to use with Expedition. Leaning towards something based on Shotguns or Spears.

How's the story

You need psi-hypos to cast psionics. I went back to town to buy some more. I forgot to buy more. I then jetted all the way back (my jet ski is VERY fucking slow) and I forgot to buy fucking hypos so now I'm going to have to go do it again but not after wasting my time trying to complete the dungeon without them.

>Because I suffer from an extreme case of RPG Restartitis
brother
I have beaten the game exactly one (1) time

Attached: urr.png (247x112, 33K)

I use goggles.

Just how

If you need this sold to you, you're not in the target group. Zoom out of here

Don't forget the health penalty.

true, but i feel like it'll be worth it

feels like too much ap loss for not that much defence tho

How hard is dominating? Made a full psi build on Hard and currently every encounter is a breeze with 2x damage force punch and molotovs. Should i reroll?

>Play the game!
>"What's the game about?"
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>DON'T ASK QUESTIONS!!!!!!1
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!1

Literally you.

no u

It's there. You just go around everywhere in pursuit of a mcguffin with little to no payoff in terms of actual plot advancement.
That said the writing is very fun and there's plenty of flavor text to flesh out the world which is what the game is actually about, the setting and the ways you interact with its denizens.

The story's good it's just somewhat barebones in the base game a lot of details aren't explored. The lore is interesting though and well written. Core City and the Institute of Tchort for example I think are both pretty interesting. The DLC does a better job at story telling and also it adds a ton to the lore from what I hear.

>sell
>crt F "Sell"
>4 replies, one is you, two are talking about merchants, one is the exact same question as you with a lot of replies
I think he meant if you don't have the patience to just read 4 lines that it might not be for you.

well, how are the characters in it then

I'm browsing 4chin.

dominating is literally madness
complete fucking madness
it's also the only place where purepsi actually feels challenged. you'll find yourself using abilities you didn't even look twice at in hard because you never needed them, but if you don't use them in DOM you will suffer.

Attached: 20190522165827_1.jpg (1600x900, 308K)

but it feels so much more fun than say, chasing Eothas around the Filler Islands

some encounters are considerably harder, some are just a bit harder, some others are completely unfair, and DC is pure hell

With 7int + the 2 int pill you really can get philosophy III !

maybe for my second run. I like these kind of games on hard (finished PF:K on Hard recently) but normal feels good enough. Not faceroll, but not frustrating.

Losing HP and money sounds bad, but the extra mobs and abilities sounds neat. I wish you could have that part alone.

great, a lot of actually interesting backstories and a lot of lore that you have to find yourself, by the end of the game you realize a bunch of people you met where much more interesting that you first thought

>by the end of the game you realize a bunch of people you met where much more interesting that you first thought
tfw you find out the truth about HIM

Attached: h p.png (392x414, 378K)

It's less you losing health and more like health being buffed on lower difficulties.

What more is there to say? If you're looking for a game where you can have tons of conversations with NPCs and look into their rich backstories I don't think it's for you. There are a few standout characters but for the vast majority of the game you'll be alone in extremely hostile environments.

you'll barely even notice the value change once you get to about midgame. the hp reduction is a bit rough though.

the HP part is not that bad, but the money is definitely a pretty dumb move that i hope styg changes, i understand that he doesn't want you to pick up every fucking piece of crap you find but it feels terrible that all the super expensive top shit you craft/find is worth fucking nothing, specially with how much the trips on the train/boat cost, now you never want to use them if you want to have some fucking money to buy all the super expensive shit you need

Anyone?

I am about to
One question
How much perception do you guys think a shotgun build needs?
And do shotguns need anything else beyond perception?

I bought this on sale a while back but haven't actually played yet. I see that there was a recent DLC release.

Is it worth playing vanilla or should I wait and get the expansion before starting?

Attached: arturo.jpg (960x540, 40K)

1/2

Attached: sledge 2.png (1379x521, 167K)

if you do like this kind of games then yes, get the expansion it adds a lot of stuff and its pretty good, there is no reason not to get it if you are into this kind of games

I like the fallout part and don't like the stalker part. Stalker was a shit game Yankees only liked due to being completely robbed of freedom in their everyday lives, so a little bit of slav experience felt like life nectar to them.

Is it a spooky Fallout clone? If it is, I might play it.

the expansion is just the game but with more game
with that said its probably worth fooling around a little bit with the base game and seeing if you actually like it before you drop money on the dlc, underrail can be a bit polarising and is not for everyone imo

2/2

Attached: sledge.png (1510x439, 96K)

Killed top dog Serpentborn, his body started smoking, a cloud fucking appeared and started dealing plasma damage to me, I drank some Juice courtesy of dude that lets me see into other realms and was capable of seeing this celestial looking motherfucker, the ghost demon of the guy I just fucking murdered. Only time manipulation could kill him.

Despite having almost no recollection of doing so I think i made this image

Attached: 1389155673648.gif (158x246, 1.94M)

How do I get Philosophy 3? Do I have to take hypercebrex?

i remember in the original threads when we pitched ideas for these images
man we sucked at the game back then

thanks. I love Age of Decadence, fallout 1 and 2, and Baldurs Gate, so I assumed that I'd take to this game pretty well

5 dex for leading shot and 9 per for fragmented chaos, if you want to use combat shotguns rather than normal then you'll need 7 str for full-auto

Gonna try dominating on a another build to satisfy my curiosity but I bet this shit is going to be too hard.

So can you finally kill six? does appear again?

Please tell, i must know.

Attached: 1562393159193.jpg (601x625, 73K)

prediction: you will quit by the second quest

Shotguns absolutely require some agi and fairly low armor penalty. Perception is somewhat important but it is fine if you leave it at 8 or so due to leading shot basically eliminating enemy evasion. I also really recommend the following feats: leading shot (makes every shot have a good chance to hit, barrel stare (all close range shots can deal up to 40% more damage at close range), suppressive fire + oppurtunist easily gets a whole room of enemies, Sprint (to rush enemiees), nimble (even more mobility), armor sloping (if you want to wear supersteel), sixth shell (guaranteed 100% more damage), grenadier (because not all enemies will be close enough)

So, Steam is saying Underrail is similar to Age of Decadence.
Is this true?
Faggot shit-taste hipsters who did not play the gem such as Age of Decadence do not reply, please.

no.
age of decadence you never have to fight
in underrail fighting and exploring is 90% of the game

Ooh so that's how you're supposed to deal with those.
Looks like I'm rolling a psi character next time

Plain old plasma might be effective, too.

>you're a faggot shit taste hispter if you didnt play my random indie trash
righto pal

you can beat underrail with only 5 kills

Not really, underrail is much more combat oriented

I'm going back there to kick his ass then.

thanks for the tips
btw does aimed shot work with shotguns?
I'd assume no

you might be technically right but doing so is exceedingly difficult

I mean, assuming the route that requires fighting, is it similar?
I quite enjoyed AoD from both its approach to combat and story-telling.
>random
>indie trash
Fuck off, summer child

don't let this jerk turn you off of the game, AoD truly is fantastic

curved machete or straight? don't see a lot of difference between these two

It's like a whole game made out of the legionnaire route in AoD I guess. Combat mechanics are pretty much the best they've ever been in the genre.

Nope
>single-target ranged weapon

Anyone got rift locations? I'm trying to compile a list

as someone who's played it extensively like a bitter houswife, it fucking sucks

might give it a pirate after i'm done with expedition, i'm always getting it reccomended on steam.

well I wish you enjoyed it, it put in like 200 hours and loved every minute. I still need to play through as a grifter and do a full thief run

>been staring at the character creation screen for the past two hours
jesus christ

Attached: 1542454309576.png (482x427, 213K)

Just be yourself.

I hope you like it! combat is rough but you'll get the hang of it. It is hard but I'd recommend a hybrid melee/loremaster once you "get" the game so you can fight and still learn about the setting and ancient tech

>you might be technically right
That's the best kind of right

Why is there so much focus on where the Ferrymen hit Sjoersr?

>Shotguns absolutely require some agi and fairly low armor penalty
No. It's very nice to have, but not required at all if you're packing an AR/sniper or some nades on top of some heavy armor.

The only real similarity is that the player isn't treated like a hero and some quests have multiple endings

>Hemopsychosis
how the fuck would you even use this?

Same, except I've closed the game and have been staring at this thread for another two now.
I'll get to it eventually. I only finished the game yesterday for the first time and I bought it when it released thanks to the anons here talking about it.

crit goggles work with throwing knives?

can you block ranged attacks?

yes

>can you block ranged attacks?
no

Spears and shields do not guard ranged attacks

that seems kinda fuckin shit then, given how much of the threatening damage in the game comes from dudes with a gun
why did they make all these new block memes

the +AP spell from TM costs like 75 or something
cast that with a psychosis build +20%
you're oom
ACTIVATE TREMERE POWERS
cast cast cast cast cast cast cast
oh lol Last Stand, lasts 4 turns with points, CD is 6 turns with points
repeat if you need to but you won't have to. Everything will be dead before the HP from Last Stand drops. If not, use some painkillers or adren or something.

I killed every single person in the Gray Army base. The loot was good, but it probably still wasn't worth the effort.

I mean, the combat is turn based, and it's you, your tactics vs all the enemies, so that is similar
but the game focuses on exploring the underground railways, not following a specific storyline
there is a cool story (and nice lore), but it's sort of slowly given to you, and it's not the main focus.

Krieg you big boy, stay base
t. Ghost

shame

Can I get anything from the Black Rock Totem? Do I have to have philosophy III?

Alright, thank you, user. I'll probably try it out after all.

ilybby

God damn the underground Lurker Base was hell. Anyone else find it brutal?

>Enter wormhole
>Swarmed by 10 dogs & muties

What the fuck

It's super easy if you take the back entrance and kill the butcher first and then caltrop the room.

is there any + chemistry equipment and where?

You mean like boost crafting skill?
Theres the workbenches but those are expensive and will take quite a while before you get it. Alternatively theres the hypercerebrix pill from expidition that gives +2 int

>Realize the bullet belt doesn't work with shotguns
>Actually found a shotgun belt
>In the gauntlet, nowhere else

God fucking dammit.

yes. i want to craft some shit but have too low chemistry. just wondering if theres sone piece of armor that would boost it a little.

What? I found one way earlier than that

Loot is random.

Noope

Actually wait theres the underpie foodstuff that increases all skills by just 3 points

do you ever become OP in this game? i feel like most fights have just been cheesing the ai and abusing grenades/traps, i wouldnt have survived depot A without the siphoner armor

Yeah, it's rough for pretty much everybody the first time. It's supposed to be.

I went in through the vent to the south, came out in the bathroom, and fought the murderer taking a piss, then made that hallway my killzone.

Where can I find trainers for Stasis and other Temporal abilities?

not on oddity

lol, you find learn them by getting them burned into your brain

The first three abilities can be learned by a guy in sgs and later core city bar and if you somehow missed him he will then be at the hanging rat.

Fug, I meant mentors, not trainers.

Check the medical shops.

it costs money which I have spent my monthly games budget on already.

>help me pros

How easy will normal get the further I get in the game? I'm wondering if I should I instead restart when i'm only doing the second quest..

on the off chance that somebody here might be able to help me

I'm trying to play this game on archlinux on steam and I can't save for some reason. Originally I couldn't even get into the tutorial until I disabled the autosave on transition but then I finally realized I couldn't save at all.
pls help

So are there anything like staffs are psi users now
I just want to look more like a wizard instead of carrying a crossbow I can't even use

Attached: 1560941457875.jpg (1024x768, 263K)

You certainly do, some builds have massive leaps over others, though

Depends on your build. Generally speaking beginning is tough middle is mild with occasional spikes in certain quests and close to the end it gets pretty easy right up until you reach the deep caverns and then you inevitably get fucked until you figure out what's going on.

im gonna ask some dumb questions:

so, you have an option to save, but when you click it, it does nothing?
or it acts like it saves but then there's nothing when you hit load game?
do you have save folders for underrail on your computer?

Are Will and Perception dump stats for melee str characters? Haven't played this game before, but I don't see any real benefit to either except maybe seeing bonus stuff i guess?

sounds like a permission issue. check for writeability and ownership on ~/My\ Games/Underrail/Saves.

also, does throwing complement str melee as well? it seems i'd be too spread out trying to use guns since they require dex.

I'm laying it down with a sledgehammer build.

I can't answer your first question because I don't know all the feats but throwing totally complements melee
with my strength sledgehammer build I used grenades and I had 0 throwing

well i'm using GOG version, i dunno if your save is somewhere else with steam.

Oh yes you bet there are but you have to start the expedition and murder some savages

When I try to save it says failed to save game
I was thinking that too but I have no idea how steam proton works and where I would even find this directory if it does make one

>poison dogs and poison zombies everywhere
fuck

at least it's not as bad as hundreds of level draining ghosts but still

great news

Attached: knightandwiz.jpg (933x1352, 359K)

ALRIGHT
after a long time thinking, I think my first expedition character is finally ready
High strength stealth based Spear chucker.
I'll be getting 25 Psychokinesis for force wall, and 55 time magic for FREE adrenaline shot and then not putting any more points into psi, instead going into crafting more heavily.

Thoughts?

Attached: meme build.png (960x698, 104K)

yeah i dunno where the steam location or even what proton is but it looks like permission so you gotta find the save folder.

is there a way to toggle highlight (tab) ?

Just put on some good hopper tabi and you will run like the wind

They're not poison anything, they are acid.

Do you really need 7 int on level 1?

save location should be here
/steamapps/compatdata/250520/pfx/

so what does dudes computer puzzle actually do?

i think it's Z by default

You can check options to always enable it in battle

not necessarily, but I don't plan on raising any other stats any higher than that other than Strength, and since I can't start out with 11 strength theres no point in not making int 7 if thats what I plan to use later on.

thanks, it works in battle like that but it's just because I have poor eyesight and its hard for me to see small things on the screen without slamming on the TAB button the entire time I play. Thanks, pals. God this general is good, feels like 2008 Yea Forums.

putting 2 more points in con over int will help you a ton in early game. Con heavy characters are great to play with the great perks they get, especially as a str player.

Seriously what's the "correct" way of doing Depot A? I'm cheesing as hard as I can by luring the first set of muties & dogs into the building, and luring the mutant dogs into the minefield, but even with all that it's a fucking pain in the ass. Thank god I crafted a shock weapon.

Okay so let me get this straight for all the end stuff in expidition I need the juice from dude, the shard from the spooky ghost place, some way to deal energy damage, genocide the savages and then head on down to kick some spooky ghost ass?

Question
In theory, now you can carry Balor's hammer with the new level up cap and veteran feats, right?

There is no cheese in underrail apart from putting bear traps in every square, if it worked, you earned it. There are a shitload of different ways to approach depot A depending on things like how loud your weapon is, whether or not you have stealth, traps, high enough hacking to take control of the turrets etc. If you have to beat the mutants by constantly opening and shutting a door on them and chucking molotovs, then thats what you gotta do.

There isn't really a way
the game is trying to fuck you so you gotta fuck it back even harder

Okay I've been stuck in dude's house for longer than I'd like to admit. How the fuck are you suppose to open his safe with -4 dexterity?

i have yet to grab expedition
is anime swordsman build viable?
should i grab traps or something else with it?

Well there's a new drug that raises str by 4 for two turns

search for the key

I reckon you could do some hilarious shit with the sword feats. They benefit hugely from consecutive attacks, and since you can meme it up and get over 100 action points in a single turn right now i have to imagine you could do some seriously retarded shit with a sword build.

Very viable and now you can even have melee energy damage.

I didn’t listen when they said “much larger groups of enemies will spawn in Dominating”. I thought the 6 pack of Psi beetles was as bad as it was gonna get. Then I checked out the burrower cave and like half of the fucking tiles in the place are taken up by Burrowers, Warriors and Spawn. This is fucking hilarious, time to cheese with mines.

Swords aren't that great, they are entirely dependent on not missing and even with 95% hit chance you will miss enough to fuck you over.
Once you miss you lose all your onlaught stacks and flurry goes on a huge 5 turn cooldown. They don't even get dex AP reduction.
Mind you hitting all flurry attacks turns you into a fucking monster but once you miss even a single hit you just stop and do nothing for the next 5 turns.

If you want to use abilities to do damage then spears are better, if you want to hack and slash with normal attacks knives are better.

I'm not him but do you know what's the difference in advantage between sledge vs spears

you can throw spears

Hey psi fags i had like 3 will and this whole place was ass, did you get to see what was in the morgue?

Attached: 68c83f45452681170858ea714877ed28.png (763x541, 399K)

So, uh, how do I destroy this thing?

Attached: 20190727003919_1.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

Spear throw lets you hit distant targets for fuckhuge damage and pretty much nullify melee attacks with spear guard

Scratch that, the warriors are fucking immortal and just straight up 1 shot me. I don’t have enough mines to kill them even if I wanted to autistically wait for them to walk over, like not even close.

Energy damage?

ah I see, thank

I meant the shadow pillar

you always could, user
with 17 str (max + 1 from food), you have a 75% hit chance against anybody you'd have a 95% against with a normal hammer
with adrenaline, you'd have 19, which is 89% (not 90% for some reason)
you can hit 20 either by wearing the rathound regalia, suffering for +2 from junkyard surprise, or with super soldier drug

but in the expansion, there is a drug that raises strength by 4 for 2 rounds, and a feat that can raise your strength by 2

Does the new expansion add anything to the original game? Or should I play that first and later buy the expansion?

I internally called it.

Yup.

Attached: colonialism.png (876x430, 684K)

from what I read from the computer I think you need the shard, the tool bracer you find in the room before that and something else.

Is the shard the broken off spike you get from the Monolith?

Oh it adds some very fun stuff even if you dont visit the black sea.

Protip: don't use the wormhole.
It probably shouldn't even be in the game you should always go the other way because it is much easier.

Sledge are basic attack weapons, spears are ability weapons.
Sledges have good stats and with the AP reduction from lifting belt and the ridiculous STR stacking they get huge damage/AP values on their basic attacks.

Spears have below average stats for melee weapons and have very poor customization/crafting options which makes their basic attack poor but their abilities are incredibly strong.
Impale is a guaranteed crit and for melee it's great because of cheap shots.
Sweep does a lot of AoE damage if you have a spear with an electroshock generator and it removes enemy dodge/evasion.
And spear throw holy shit the spear throw, it's the most powerful single target ability in the game.
150%+30% per range damage, with max specialization that's up to 480% damage
1 turn cooldown, with temporal manipulation you can reset it and throw spear twice in a turn
10 AP cost with specialization
It's a ranged attack that benefits from melee feats
it can crit
Seriously though, a 10 AP attack that does 300%+ damage of a base 20 AP cost weapon, it's ridiculous.

wait what the monolith gives you something too?

>it's the most powerful single target ability in the game.

Attached: 35k.jpg (1680x1050, 563K)

Goddammit, where is the shard?

Just was.

Trying out shotguns and they're making me pretty happy because I fucking hate RNG holy shit it's the absolute fucking worst and shotguns seem to always deal damage due to how each pellet has a separate hit chance calculation so it helps me mitigate some bullshit even if it ends up doing 14 damage it still is something holy fuck hit chances in games is the dumbest fucking thing in existence.

And how much AP did that cost? I'm talking AP/damage efficiency.
What's the cooldown on that?
Can you use it anytime you want from any range you want or does it require setup and is a melee range ability?

Pure damage isn't everything. Spear throw is 1 turn cooldown and costs 10 AP, 10 fucking AP.

Did you talk to the friendly savage in the western cave or ask the feeryman about the savages?
Once you do either one will tell you the body part of where a guy got killed with the shard (for me it was the left ankle but it might be randomized because styg is a dick) then go to the spooky graveyard and inspect that bodypart on the different bodies there until you get it.

Where is it? The Boneyard?

Shotguns are for almost point blank range and leading shot makes it hit flawlessly

Yup and remember theres no saving in there so save before you walk in

I just started it you double-pipeworker.

How have people been spending their specialization points? So far I've been pumping cooldown on kneecap shot for my shotty build because that DoT does a fuckload of damage if enough pellets hit and the AI sometimes acts weird when their movement points are gone, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Attached: specs.png (464x610, 28K)

>Tell the Rathound King my witty joke
>He isn't amused and 1 shots me
Wtf bros this can't be happening I'm supposed to be in charge here

Attached: ass.jpg (474x611, 42K)

I used it on barrel stare for the guranteed damage bonus

>shotty build
>aimed shot
You wot m8.

I was disappointed when I got it and it wasn't an actual shield, but Forcefield is pretty useful for these gay melee/ranged combined packs

It helped me out early game, I still have a back-up AR for longer range attacks and pulling and my build honestly leaves me lacking for choices.

flurry cooldown
onslaught
expose weakness duration
cheap shots damage
critical power
heavyweight
bowyer

I don't know what you're supposed to do, but I started off by stacking Temps and then hiding in my barrier and waiting for Ripple to go off.

That takes too long, so I just threw a Molotov, rewind time, lightning stun the one in front, and then threw a grenade on turn three to end the fight if they lived that long

that's pretty much how every fight went

Thanks, but now I've confirmed that I'm a brainlet, this console puzzle is making me feel so incompetent

Dude I'll use forcefield two or more times in a big fight. That shit is super useful.

woooah you can specialize in abilities now?
that's nice

>shotty DoT
>20% each point
super significant compared to the other specs its insane

ikr it's super useful
saved me many times

at some point I will make a grenadier/knife/spear throw build using that rewind. Shit would be SO cash

You mean sixth shell?
It is possible to use it once per turn if you use an adrenilne shot or the contration psi do a five shot burst then switch to a 20ap shot for fuckhuge damage

Shit, it's 20%? Guess I'll pump that after the cooldown.

>You mean sixth shell?
No, the kneecap shot spec
Since kneecap shot does 100% bleed over 3 turns, plus the shotguns huge close range damage, PLUS an additional 100% from the spec, it can do insane damage, albeit against organic targets with knees

Anyone know anything about the future of underrail? Devs planning to expand and make sequels/other games?

>decapitate on a 35% threshold if specialised
wonder how good that is
seems like it'd be pretty fucken good

it literally took them three years to make this dlc, partially because its almost entirely a 1 man operation. i dont think we should expect anythign from styg any time soon.

Sounds like a way to cheese carnifex

Well yeah that's why I mentioned expansion. I really like many of his ideas and would love to see more in the future.

dont worry dude with the hundred bucks he got from dlc sales we should see some expanding

Attached: de744ac1701178d24ce323e9b16640b4.png (500x500, 12K)

All I know is that in the interview they have on youtube they said they have considered doing a fantasy rpg and from what I've gathered based on rumors they are looking to do a game next rather than more dlc.
Who know what they'll end up doing but I'm confident whatever it is will be good.

Nigger, just find the other rifts by consuming juice and walking around, no need for a uniform unless you are over there.

Oh wait just occured to me you could combo sixth shell with kneecap shot

Well the game's pretty popular on Yea Forums at least. Couldn't be that hard to find a producer/publisher to work with them if they wanted to.

>was expecting Depot A to be hell due to all the doomposting and that one guy yesterday who raged about "bad game design" for like 10 posts
>it wasn't even as bad as the BG2 Asylum
>throw molotov
>breakdance
>collect loot
lol

Attached: gottem.jpg (1131x663, 200K)

Someone didn't read the latest dev notes on steam steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/1603762500089463640
It's a four man team now. I wonder if they have a photo anywhere with all of them in it.
What an awesome job that must be.

can someone post that pic of depot a? cause i wanna know if im in depot a or if im against the hard stuff yet

The other rifts are just shortcuts?

Are you looking for a circuit board? If so, you're in Depot A

Attached: A.png (800x432, 209K)

You will know you will be against the hardest when you see the mutants

If you haven't been ignoring all the dialogue you should know whether or not you're in depot A

but should I just play the base game first for the experience?

Fine u niggers convinced me to reinstall it. i tried it a few years ago but stopped when shit got too hard. i think i was somewhere near the start of them main city (the one with the arena). remind how the fuck to acutally play this game? will i be fine to focus on nothing but guns and ignore all the psi shit? and whats all this niggatry i keep reading about rifts? i dont remember any of that

Maybe just to see if you like the experience but the dlc adds a lot of content and abilities just in the main quest alone

nah, the expedition stuff doesn't compromise the feeling of the original game at all, it just mainly adds new weapon types and builds.

SGS biology backroom, Foundry sniper tower, Junkyards back alleyway, camp hathors hidden nook near the bosses office, the cargo clearing in front of buzzers, the motion hole near the 3 merchants in core city where you find the druggie who calls you Dad, same area as the Zone Rats , 2nd floor lighthouse of the Expansion and of course, Dudes house and military base.

It doesn't alter the base game much, it just builds upon it. If you own the dlc then you should play with it. No reason not to.

I'm in the Graveyard, what the fuck is going on and where do I find that guy the old man killed?

You can definitely just ignore psi completely yes.

Cheers, will buy dlc. Got the game ages ago cause post apoc rpg game fuck yeah. But haven't played it yet. it is time.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

wait this is it, i think i almost cleared most of it out. wheres the circuit board? also traps are my best friend

>theres a button to pick up a nearby spear
jesus fucking christ how did I not notice this
ive been trying to search out and find my spears by hand

Circuit board was northwest, on the same map before you meet the guy who used to run the joint. You can use a keycard or go around and pick a lock.

There is a rune next to each body if you are smart enough to talk to the savage in the western cave he will give you a drawing of which rune is the correct one

Cooked shot cd, cooked shot ap cost, I can now cast it every single round-ish, got temporal shenanigans too for funsies and pumping its damage, people may say Im a memer but they aint the ones who have a fucking acid pistol with 70% chance to root and 260% damage over 2 rounds. Works fucking wonders for fire pistol too since the tribals all like to rush at the same time, so its like a miniature molotov with maximum dpt too, scares the shit outta people to boot.

How much damage does shield bash do with shield arm, parry, boarded up, and spear guard? thinking of maybe taking a backup spear on my sword build for the sole purpose of swapping to it to use sweep. Then it'd benefit my sword by reducing enemy dodge.

Whats the besty early to mid game gun and where can i find it?

Did you try out the rusting acid yet?

hahahahahhahh i just realized my folly, depot a hasn't even begun. i've been punished for my ignorance

Dammit, that was so long ago

what kind of secondary weapon should i use on a psi build? also should i pick up crafting

ill probably only play through once and i feel like im not making the most of it without doing psi and crafting both

depends on your build. are you planning on using SMGs, pistols, assault rifles, snipers, or shotguns? each has their own individual perk tree. got some base stats I can work off of?

steamspy.com/app/250520
Underrail has like 100,000 to 200,000 owners according to this site. I'm sure this DLC will sell plenty for what they need to make a profit in Serbia.

Is there a list of what weapons are quiet/loud?

Oh now you're up for some PAIN

grenades and blue dranks

melee weapons/crossbows/non-explosive psi/silenced firearms are quiet
other things are not quiet

What psi(s) do you have?

Get yourself a nice 7.62 impalla with a laser sight and a rapid reloader if you can craft it. This fucking beauty is legitimately my one true gunfu for the dlc, since Occulus and Foundry can sell you hollow point by the dozens, it has good crit chance by default, hits a lot with bursts, low-ish ap costs while being decent damage and its special ammo has a 50% chance to bleed for 100% damage over 3 turns. This means that, for tribals, your burst shot on the backline, alongside any straggler bullets, will hit a ton of people, bleed em hardcore and inflict mass dpt all spread out.

melee weapons are always quiet
guns are always loud unless it's a suppressed 5mm, or a unique gun with a built-in suppressor

Psi has cool str6 spears now

>wiki still has basically zero information on sword
reeeeeee

I only have about 50 vials of nu-acid, tried it a bit and it seems good but not amazing. Its not like corrosive where it seems like it rapes shit so hard it can kill THAT MOTHERFUCKER, but it does seem decent. Maybe I havent tested it enough, but I supose the extra damage agaisnt strongmen is aight.

How is this game dialogue and writing wise? I don't really like isometric games that much but I complete FO2 because all the little stories were fun.

>Can silently someone
>With a hammer
Imagine all the bashing sound it would make, and nobody will listen to it
Crushing bones was never so stealthy

Looking for that red dragon sword?

Oh wew I just noticed the corpse in the beginning of the mutant area has Acid DT 8

Not sure where to put constitution on my new pure psi character. Playing on hard too so I'm not feeling ballsy enough to completely drop it. Unlikely to take any of the feats associated with it. Will 5 suffice?

i didnt make my build yet. i started with a different build and decided to reroll

I think acid pistols count as almost quiet too

Writing is actually pretty good
In most cases the dialogue is pretty believable
you get your occasional attempt at humor which can be eh

just add a silencer to the hammer, ez gg

Attached: mttrq928z3uy.jpg (1920x1080, 41K)

You dont need constitution if you dont plan to get it
In any case, get 6 agility and get Sprint, will help you out to 'Nope' from bad situations

>based stats
nah not yet im still waiting for it to finish dling. im planning on trying a sniper build like i did last time. remind me whats shit about it and what good about it?what are the pro and cons when compared with an AR build?

thanx user il keep it in mind

Attached: poofs btfo.jpg (733x1024, 151K)

For a second there I thought you were asking if having 5 Will was sufficient on a pure psi character
anyway, you should take as much of it as you can. 5 will suffice, but I took 9 on mine for dominating and it was well worth it.

Okay, what thematic or idea you want to follow?
I can advice

5 con is acceptable yeah, no need to always 3 con meme user.
As a acid pistol player, I can actually vouch for this. A gunshot is way, way fucking louder than a chem pistol shot, you can actually assasinate people with it and not have the entire map swarm in, maybe just 1 dude.

'user, what are you doing?'
>'Attaching a silencer to my hammer'
'How does that even works?'
>'By beating the shit outta of someone with the silencer'

an AR can lay down crowd controlling burst spam and is generally a very easy braindead build for newbies. I can't explain a whole sniper build to you very easily but they can be very powerful and you should be able to eliminate any single enemy without much problem. Look up builds if you want them or maybe wait for another kind user to help you.

>Climb Over

What the fuck I never knew this was a thing.

Attached: 20190727105137_1.jpg (2560x1440, 311K)

i want to do a hybrid psi + guns or knives that also uses crafting. i dont want to use heavy armor, sledges, crossbows, spears. also im prone to quitting half way through rpgs so it has to be a competently strong build.

>machete's aren't considered light weapons for dex ap reduction
styg... i....

You are going to see bunch of similar stat checks in the black sea

i love quick tinkering so fucking much

they would be stupid broken otherwise. there's already tons of sources for swords to get free bonus attacks

not the guy you're talking to, but play a Psniper (psi sniper hurr durr)
max out all schools except for time magic because you don't need it, max guns, invest slightly into stealth, lockpicking, hacking and crafting. i destroyed hard mode with this build.

DC elevator
SGS
Junkyard
Camp Hathor
The Rig
Rail Crossing
Foundry
Core City
Zone Rats
Your House
Institute
Oculus
Dude's House
Aegis Lighthouse

pirates probably have one
I think Hanging Rat Bar, but I haven't checked

that actually sounds good what kind of stats did you start and end up with? (if u have an img)?

Sniper/crossbows + methathermics
Or
Knife/stealth + Though control

Crafting is always useful independent of your build

it didnt used to be
the expansion added a few of these to the base game

>needing AP reduction when you already have flurry

>Still no form of Save Editor/Trainer for Underrail
>inb4 "haha casual fag"

Fuck you after having finished the game three times I'd like to experiment and fuck around a little.

>cheat engine

I know there were a couple in the base game before but the expansion has a ton of stat checks like this.

When I'm checking for the shard, do i have to click the area or is it in the body's inventory?

dont have any image of what i started with, but this is what the character looks like after finishing everything in the original game. you should be able to get an idea of what i started with from this.

Attached: meme build 2.png (765x707, 63K)

>Meme Engine
Just a complex mess.

You click on the menu for what body part to inspect

Really? How do I open that?

Just click on the body after you have hoisted it up

What's the strat for this room? I don't have any hacking to open the other doors

Attached: Untitled.png (1111x666, 652K)

Oh, I need to hoist them up? What item do I need to do that?

There is either a bone crank lying around or it is already attached to one of the hoists, if is attached you can take it out to put in a different hoist with right click I think.

how much more accurate does ooga booga spear chukk get? because throwing it from max range at the moment gets me like a 35% chance to hit and thats just not useful

why no throwing?

Raise your throwing stat

why would a build with maxed psionics need throwing?

Emp nades stun machines
Got Force Fields?
You can peek out, attack, and take cover on the same turn and you will eventually get it

I need the expedition ost uploaded

You never needed to throw a flashbang or anything?

arent grenades always useful? i havent played a psi build yet

It's lame and boring

you can use spells that cause everyone in a huge radius to flee in fear, or stand still and become immobile, or just straight up start attacking eachother
you dont need flashbangs, pure psionics is the most powerful crowd control in the game

I'm definitely going to try doing some of this. Seems like a fun way to use psionics and guns.

At what level can you do an aoe fear?

level 14, locus of control.

I was hesitant to buy it since DLC was coming out. Didn't it just come out last week?

Yeah and it's fucking awesome

Got a quality 109 Ancient Rathound leather after slaying the Rathound King and his rats.
Is that decent quality for this fight or did I get robbed?

Attached: bowser.jpg (253x238, 15K)

the best you can get is 120 i think, so you got almost the highest quality

It's pretty good. Ancient Rathound goes up to 120 iirc.

Do caltrops ever despawn? Burrower poison caltrops shit on mutants & their gay dogs by the way

>Future Orientation specialziation
>smaller cooldown for all temporal effects with no downside by level 20
>which also leads to even faster cooldowns

Attached: 1561523660016.gif (320x240, 3.3M)

get a sniper rifle
shoot them from outside their range

>tfw invested lodes e points into TM
>wasted feats on Ripple for meme bounces
>it's faster to just kill everything rather than waiting 10 turns for that shit to go off
>nothing else in TM school really needs points in it

fuck me

Ripple is fucking amazing on tranquility

I fell for the continuum ripple meme too bro remade my character

I figured it out, at some point I picked up a keycard that unlocked one of the previous consoles (the above-ground one in the minefield map) that let me open a door and bypass the turrets

Rate

Attached: 09-32-03.png (1435x859, 109K)

They despawn upon use, otherwise they never do

>ditching the best psi school
Shit

which are the best schools for a psi build? or should i do all 3

All of them

It's not a bad idea and they all synergize with each other

>snooping

You should do all 4 if you want to be a real psyker.
Though metathermics is by far the most useless one if you're not going for Psychosis. Its offensive and aoe abilities only shine if you have crits and you only lose out on two potentially good skills.

All 4

>should i do all 3
all FOUR

Hey i'll get some later. I've read that Precognition is good (apparently you can make it cost next to nothing with DLC stuff) so I wanna stack time manipulation.

Isn't it worth with perception buffs?

thermodynamic destabilisation is /literally/ your most important psi ability, second to maybe locus of control, if you know what you're doing.

It only counts for secret passages and ceratain perception checks get literally anything else

Destabilization is one of the two good abilities i've mentioned.
But you can totally live without it, especially if you will go full Ripple memes. 10 jumping ripples will destroy the entire battlefield while you're chilling in stasis or behind the psi wall.

having 6 per for the purpose of detecting secrets will find you maybe 2 or 3 secret passages in the entire game, its not worth it at all.

Short or long barrel for shotguns? Man I love big damage but that -10% precision malus seems awful. Also what does the choke do? It didn't change anything other than reducing the spread cone, but i'm guessing that's a behind-the-scenes-type adjustment of accuracy because the pellets wouldn't be spread over a greater distance? It doesn't seem to add any precision otherwise.

Is coretech still the best core city faction?

why would I want to cast 3-4 stacks, wait 2 turns, wait two turns for those to maybe spread, wait 2 more turns for THOSE to spread, etc when I can just kill everyone in 2 turns?

The school itself is good, but it sure as fuck did not need more than 75 points into it, and it certainly wasn't worth investing into past that for this one move

At the very least movement points effects of the temporal manipulation scale with level. If you want to really tell some running thug to dilate and force him to waste turns you're gonna invest.
Ripple is LITERALLY created for psi wall memes. You're going to waste 4 turns behind it, may as well waste them while everything on the other side explodes.

So basically this game is cRPG Fallout if it had a baby with Metro 2033? If so, how quickly would someone like myself who has played and beaten 1, 2, and even two fangames made in the engine of the cRPG Fallout games adapt to this game? Seems like I would adapt pretty quickly, from what I've seen.

I don't understand though when I've done ripple the enemies just walk away from each other so it doesn't jump? How do you make it useful?

probably quickly enough, yes. there will be things you're familiar with but its also got a lot of its own shit going on.

Game is quite complicated. There is a lot about crafting and item interactions and so forth to know.

if you want electronic parts, yeah. praetorium security is good for weapon frames.

is there any romance or sexual innuendo and can I be a slut?

Go away

It does jump for at least 4 square radius.
Since temporal distortion doesn't break disables such as Mental Breakdown or effects of flashbangs you can literally disable battlefield on the first turn and stack as many ripples on the most threatening enemy as you can, then seal them up with a psi wall. Ripples will kill the first one and a good chunk of them will jump around to the remaining enemies. You can spice it up with toxic grenades for even better effects.

Gotta say I'm not really a huge fan of the spear throw playstyle so far. Only at the GMS compound (yes, early days) but I can't see how CHUKKing twice and then having to kite until you can get your fucking spears back will ever actually feel good

Coincidentally, one of those two fangames I played (which was made by Russians, go figure) had crafting. That'll help a bit, I feel. But, these answers are what I expected. Good to hear it has it's own sort of identity, in spite of it's influence being clear. I'll be sure to check it out, eventually.

Setting wise it goes into the fucking 2001: A Space Odyssey territory, way more expansive and batsht insane than Fallout or Metro.
Combat system is such a vast improvement over Fallout games you will spend a lot of time learning the nuances.

Are there some kind of will/reflex saves in the game?

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Combat_Stats#Defense

>help out some shady dude with high risk high reward operations
>it leads me to their faction living in a giant cloaked alium vessel

Attached: 1553073449686.png (441x333, 248K)

Fallout had some calculations and shit in regards to lighting affecting your accuracy, and cover having an effect, even if your enemy could get a shot on you. It wasn't too complex, but it wasn't really simple either. It'll be neat to see how their gameplay differs, aside from the obvious stuff like psychic powers I would more expect out of the original XCOM than Fallout. Though considering the setting is more akin to System Shock with how you describe it, that shouldn't be all that surprising.

even old fallouts I could fuck people to get an advantage in situations, it's a legitimate question since I like that kind of content

No, fuck off

you can sleep with one woman but she drugs you, steals all your shit and tries to murder you. you escape by busting through a ventilation shaft into her underground torture chamber, while she tries to find you its one of my favourite quests in the game

see this is good content that I want, thanks

you fuck off zoom zoom

my character is an incel

>music cypher
OH GOD OH FUCK, ALL I EVER DID WAS PLAY SUPER MARIO ON A GUITAR WITH A TAB, HELP ME JESUS, WHAT THE FUCK IS A PERFECT FOURTH.

A fellow pure psi user, I see