Spend 45 minutes killing that purple fucker in the well

>spend 45 minutes killing that purple fucker in the well

Maybe I was underpowered? Feels like you need to learn the rythm of each deflect combos for any mini boss or boss. Fine mechanic I guess

Attached: sek.jpg (839x521, 583K)

No it took me pretty long too

>Maybe I was underpowered?

are you feeling it now mr krabs?

Attached: 1489248793517.png (650x650, 18K)

You need divine confetti to do actual damage to ghosts, retard

Maybe I was being unclear. I'm talking about the purple ninjer with the thrust kicks that's ''looking for the wolf''.

use axe

you probably were, just because hes early in the game doesnt mean you need to face him right away, no enemy ever took me more then 5 minutes to kill, when it was taking forever i knew to just come back later

Attached: 1558128344939.jpg (1280x673, 281K)

You can cheese every miniboss and boss in the game, just do this: run around them, look for an opening, attack, and repeat. I beat every single boss like this.

Yes parrying is mandatory and is the obvious way the devs intended thw game to be played. Others hated the clang clang clang gameplay but I loved it and its actually my fave From game. Having an actual story helps too.

doesn't sound fun

This has to be bait.
Staying aggressive is how the combat was developed as it *soft resets* an enemies moveset and limits it to a more predictable rhythm.

Is there any way to get back previously used Divine Confetti? I used it on Headless but I got killed and now I can't kill him with the ordinary way

Same, I really enjoyed the combat and the fact we will probably only ever see it in Sekiro makes me sad

Eh, it was pretty fun for me. I still parried when I needed to, like the human centipedes and the last boss. Trying to play the game how FROM intended just opens you up to getting combo'd or one-hit-killed.
Bait how? Am I playing it wrong?

also want to know

Isnt that the dude you can drop on top of and take half his health right away?

Yes. The camera fucks you over though since he moves around a lot and it's a closed area

You will be able to purchase Confetti at some point, if I remember correctly, or at least farm it from the spirits that start appearing.

You have to get more. In late game you can buy them.

Do this: That dude has an opening after he does his kicks, and you can cancel some of his combos to get a few hits in. I don't see any other way to beat him.

>blocks your path

Attached: Sekiro Ape PEPE.jpg (559x1078, 341K)

Well I beat him but like I said it took me a while. guess I learned things so it's all good. Nice game

>tfw i one shot him
I was told he was hard

Did not get to him yet but expecting a lot of frustration

Just a reminder that you don't need to time everything perfectly and can just mash attack/block on a lot of enemies

Once I realised that there were hardly any Iframes for dodging and decided to parry instead everything worked out fine

Is actually way easy. He does some really long wind ups.

it took me three days to kill genichero

ape and double ape aren't that bad
purple guy is easy except for the camera unlocking randomly as long as you know to dodge the slow kick, the animation for the two hit combo, and to mikiri the thrust kick

I find that dodge is only useful against slow strong attacks you don't feel confident in timing the deflect
anything faster will probably fuck you over

you can use the spear counter on his big long kick

the quick dodge isnt good for anything really but holding to run away from certain attacks can be useful in certain situations
its almost always better to just sprit alittle than to do a quick dodge

>___ is easy when you learn his combos byheart

well I believe you friend

dodge is super useful against owl's one side swipe that knocks you into a recovery animation even if you deflect perfectly
lets you get free vitality hits almost every time

Headless are kinda mid-late game mini-bosses but I guess I felt overpowered by the time I got to them. They just drop a spell version of the candies you get so don't feel like you need to do them or anything. I think there are like 5 total or something? Just go back for them later if you want as they're just annoying at low levels and will take forever. Also remember divine confetti works on all apparitions and that includes 2 certain purple bone faggot that you'll meet down the road. Also invest in the umbrella (both flame and purple one), you'll thank me later.

for enemies like purple guy and owl, almost all their attacks are single hits while they have a two hit attack that always uses the same animation
as long as you know that one, you can deflect both hits every time
the slow kick and the thrust are also obvious so it's not like you need to trial and error every single attack

you can buy unlimited confetti and snap seeds once you beat the first boss in the last area unless you do the bad end

>mfw Owl 2 on NG+

Attached: ls.jpg (313x254, 56K)

he kills himself because of that stupid thrust

Breezed through 'em in NG, but in NG+ Double Rape Ape was the only fight to make me sweat
The second one gets just enough health and damage with the Demon Bell that bursting her down is dangerous
Only died thrice, but they were long-ass fights

I agree, phase 2 is made trivial by that thrust. Phase 1 is a thrill though. Shura ending on NG+ took some practice, that quick-dodge counter on Isshin is fucked.

>mfw I couldn't see him and i still deflected everything
Training with that purple ninja near the raven wing in Hirata really helped

>mfw Owl 2 on NG++++

Attached: 1542659959531.png (466x275, 147K)

Most enemies will throw more predictable and easy to deal with moves at you when dealing with your pressure as opposed to out of neutral. You should be on the offensive.

You can also farm confetti on the blue samurai guys in the Ashina castle.

The game kind of shits itself when you fight in cramped spaces, which isn't often but it makes that particular fight a pain in the ass.

Learn to deflect perfectly as all his attacks are a bit delayed especially the leg sweep and thrust which you can mikiri.
The purple fucker in front of Senpou Temple is a lot harder because he has his own Ako Sugar, fuck him.