What vidya is actually scary?

What vidya is actually scary?

Attached: 1426ba69a744ebe05e4db3d4dd930848.jpg (800x1196, 218K)

Undertale

subnautica for me

P.T.

That's it

Outlast made me shit my pants.

Prey is pretty suspenseful until you get powerful.

None if you're older than 12

If anyone says Darkwood don't fall for it. It's got a furry character and it's shit.

Siren

If you want to feel like shit, Silent Hill 2 and SOMA

Only games that have ever genuinely freaked me out have been
>PT
>RE:2 (new one)
>The Evil Within: 2
>Outlast

Visage can be spooky.

Minecraft

Siren isn't scary after about an hour because the entire game is trial and error (but I like that)

>Unfinished walking simulator
Played through the whole game (what was there of it) without ever raising my sanity in like under 2 hours. Nothing scary happened whatsoever. Luckily I could still refunded it.

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

There was a remake of it, right?
Worth it?

The remake reintroduces some of the cut ghosts and stuff but the atmosphere from the original is ruined.
There is a modpack for the original which reintroduces some of the cut ghosts.

need more scary under the sea games

Attached: octopus.webm (714x1104, 2.96M)

Diablo

Bioshock

Amnesia, Penumbra (mostly black plague), SCP CB, Aliens:Isolation

To be honest, this, you just can't
All the games are derivative jumpscares and the only thing that could scare are immersively detailed games, but those take talent to make and write, and SOUL.

>Ooga booga the closet opens

Unsettling should be what they aim to be, thinking of eerie ambiental games, like STALKER

The games that unsettle me the most weren't looking to actively scare. If you're expecting to be scared it doesn't make it impactful. Or the game is focused on the ambience, like Eternal Darkness which delivers a spooky narrative up to being completely fucked up, or like SOMA.

It's not the fear of getting a game over that gets you, it's immersing yourself into not wanting to go "there"

Attached: PIOUS.png (500x500, 126K)

Observer was very good