VALVE FIXED EVERYTHING WE CAN KEEP MAKING MONEY OF MEMEFORTRESS 2 GET FUCKED EXPLOIT ABUSERS

Attached: it is unusual.png (334x394, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lFbZt1pdLkM
youtu.be/lFbZt1pdLkM
help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/AccountSpend
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1507573
youtube.com/watch?v=1i5Bx8tfajk
youtubemultiplier.com/5d3b055d74812-tf2-is-in-the-grave-tonight.php
youtube.com/watch?v=TQuy3FqVcYc
youtube.com/watch?v=7oday_Fc-Gc
youtu.be/r5zpUyVAJjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based

Attached: Smiling_jack.jpg (278x258, 7K)

It's okay, I got enough money out of dumb fucks today to pay for at least 5 full priced games.

Attached: 1543860406072.jpg (768x820, 185K)

BTFO EXPLOITER FAGS

Attached: sinanju_OVA_content_wallpaper.jpg (771x1035, 935K)

>just wanted a glitched tc or a smelly hair cosmetic

Attached: zerolifepoints.jpg (960x902, 59K)

ay yo buy me monster boy

trade fags mad we get to keep the symbols of status

Attached: fur faggot.png (610x179, 18K)

>Furry
Every time
>Tradefags seething that their digital textures got their value kneecapped by half a day availability of a ton of unusuals
>WAAAAAH WAAAAAH GIVE US CHEATER'S LAMENT MOMMY I WANT MY STATUS TO FEEL SPECIAL
>WAAAAAH WAAAAAH MAKE THEIR UNUSUALS UGLY MOMMY I DON'T WANT POORFAGS TO HAVE THE THINGS I HAVE
>WAAAAAH WAAAAAH BAN THEM FOR IT THEY DEVALUED MY FUCKING PIXEL ARRANGEMENTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The real heroes are the people who actually bought the crates to turn them into unusuals, without which a lot of anons wouldn't enjoy a ton of Steam money right now
Press G 1 to taunt tradefags, nothing of value was lost.

Attached: 1564150101696.png (448x653, 194K)

lmao what a faggot, sorry you don't feel so special anymore when everyone else has the same shit as you.

>tfw have Max's Severed Head and BMOC

Fuck your unusuals, I have cooler hats.

m-muh unusual status sYMBOL NO!NO!NO! I PAYED 1k FOR THAT HATE NOW EVERYONE HAS IIIIITTT

Status of what? How good you play? I mean most furries love to dip into shiny shit but what tactical advantage unusual hats gives you in the long end?

>easy unusuals bad for the market!
The market you degenerates ruined long before this? It's only bad for your stupid bot markets.

Oh no that sucks guess Ill just have to keep wearing my ill-gotten cloud 9s and Burning Flames while some furfag gets to lord his legitimate Blizzardy Storm robohat over me

>Tfw got 5 unusuals today from crates I had sitting around
>Still in my inventory even after the shitstorm

Thanks Gaben

Unusuals are the tackiest piece of cosmetic you can own and I'm glad they lost their status as a holy grail.

I brought a fuck ton of crates and turned them into unusuals.

Hope you all enjoy the funds i got you from the crates.

I’m more happy knowing I helped to further kill this zombie games economy, go have fun anons

But I have Schadenfreude bound to 2 because it is easier to reach.

TRADERFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH TONIGHT

All the more reason to go hatless or have just have one of the original 8 on and let your score and gameplay do the talking

Attached: 1490130482092.gif (254x196, 1.8M)

Thank you based user

Attached: Girugamesh01.png (452x391, 122K)

same desu

>Miss out on most of this
>Check out the Steam Market today morning
>Unusual hat I want was going for $8 by the time Valve shut it down
>Market comes back up
>The same hat with worse effects than the $8 one are now going for $25 again
Well, I tried. A hat with special moving things isn't worth $25 and I missed out on uncrating them when I had the chance. Oh well.

Attached: 1553467836230.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

Based

Attached: 1552727144264.jpg (370x370, 42K)

>Schadenfreude on 1
do you suffer baby fingers?

just think about it bros
there's going to be faggot trade niggers with they're super expensive hats flexing in casual servers
jose.pedro2006 joins the game and mogs the fuck out of him with his untradable burning TC

d to dab on trade niggers

Attached: based.png (1000x1000, 177K)

HAHA wait, so what happesn to the idiot who bought the unusual off me from the market? is his item going to be untradeable too?

youtu.be/lFbZt1pdLkM

Attached: 1561831034366.jpg (1050x902, 132K)

Kek, I sold the crates that had the bug. Crate sellers were the real winners.

The most "valuable" thing I have in that game is a Vintage Soldier's Stash and it's not even sold for $2.50 usd. Should I just sell all those shitty vintage hats/weapons?

>Woke up too late to take part in all the chaos
>wait all day to try and unbox my free unusual
>get this instead
Now I can buy an unusual :)

Attached: kills.png (1600x900, 208K)

>tfw my hats are only non craftable and i can sell the things in a week or so
>tfw still make mad profit off traderfags because the dumbasses then immediately assume all hats are legit
LMAO.

>Walk in with untradable hat
>"Woah, wanna trade?"
>"Sorry, can't :)"

Man of taste

Sorry user, but if it has the uncraftable tags, It's likely you also have the untradeable tag as well. Check backpack.tf

too add too this all the guys who did shit early on are safe, its the faggot coattail riders who are fucked, and sucks too be them.

i don't play tf2 and don't know anything about it but wha happen?

holy fuck kid go back to school and learn how to use to too and two

REMINDER THAT THE UNTRADEABLE/MARKETABLE/CRAFTABLE TAG IS JUST A BAND-AID TO LAST THE WEEKEND UNTIL THEY COME UP WITH ANOTHER SOLUTION

Attached: 1535265431754.jpg (680x485, 34K)

nope, just checked, it also acknowledges the unlock time there as well. It's the later guys who got screwed.

it could easily be the solution

unboxfags get to keep their new hats and tradefags don't have to deal with a massive flood of new hats on market

He's right.

You exploit abusers are just mad that Valve will take away your unusuals, one way or another.

Did it look like this?

Attached: 4c6ee71a6ee1a375f379946c590e117f.png (596x100, 7K)

nope slightly later time, its also just fine with that on backpack.tf saying the same thing. since i used ta actually have that many unusuals and got fucked from valve bullshit, i think they are taking pity on me.

Thats honestly pathetic that you fantasize about tiny social interactions like these with people you will never actually meet
Not even a tradefag

Medics

reminder that the actual prices of the tradable unusuals will tank as well to sub-7 keys because their prestige is gone

years and years ago i made $500 off a TF2 hat. I got the second burning buccaneer's bicorne that existed, and i made this guy paypal me 500 bones before i traded it to him

just my cool little story.

Seethe

yeah but most of these won't be tradable so it does not matter, i know mine will probably be ok, but i doubt the market will change much.

How early were you?

This the same for me. It's not craftable but it still shows the "Tradable After: Fri, August 2, 2019" part, even on backpack.tf.

No.

Seething

Huh thats the option i wasnt hoping for, spent 30 bucks worth on keys to open my crates hoping i would be able to resell them further down the line. (couldnt resell them since i had a tradedelay) Guess i just have a bunch of unusuals if i ever decided to get back into tf2?

I got an unusual burstchester when the invasion update dropped that people were putting up 300+ for. I thought it'd be better to sit on it and wait for a better price. Fast forward to today and it is worth maybe 15 bucks at most on top of being horribly ugly. I regret everything.

that's a cope
The NON BUGGED unusuals unboxed BEFORE the glitch will be near worthless now.

1-15 and 82/85 unusuals will be worth less than buds

Thats better! Heres your golden (You), champ! You earned it!

we were still figuring out which boxes were glitched when i opened mine, so i mighta snuck in early enough too where they assume i didn't know and may give me the benefit of the doubt.

>but i doubt the market will change much.
the amount of potential unusual buyers has dropped to almost nothing, furthermore, theres going to be no confidence in the market now, prices are going to stay low

Lmao cope harder

So what will valve actually do now? Making them not tradeable/marketable is only for now. They said they will have a solution after the weekend.

Lmao project harder

Wait what happened?

They will probably make it permanently untradeable or add a glitch tag to it. They can't rollback anything as people have used to money to buy games or other ingame items in other games on steam. Not to mention they made a ton of sales from their markets or stores and would have to deal with taxes.

Obsessed

>not investing in Holiday Headcases
retard

Attached: EAbLuFFWkAAF3fY.jpg (380x381, 15K)

Valve fucked up, made a bunch of crates 100% unusual drops, people sold a fuckton of crates, people bought a fuckton of crates/keys and opened shit, valve trying to salvage the situation that's beyond saving, people on Yea Forums walking away with a bunch of free shit.

Can't wait for the unusuals to be removed, and more importantly, for the trade and marketplace bans to roll out on Monday. Never thought I would ever find myself excited for a Monday but here we are! :P

Attached: happy.jpg (894x894, 126K)

Adding with this I bought an unusual taunt after this mess and it becomes tradable at the same time my unusuals will, so shits perfectly fine and considered legal gets, sucks too be late fags LMAO.

Dont reply to the baiting furflag above
Thanks

>casual match
>unusuals are more comman that gibus now
So what is the big deal anyways? Making them untradeable is by far the best fix

Attached: 1559067354885.gif (190x200, 1.16M)

>furry
Of course it's a fucking furry spewing this shit.

>couldnt do shit because I didnt buy any steam games in a year
Fuck valve

Attached: IMG_20190428_152846.jpg (250x169, 10K)

It's literally tradefags seething about muh hats based economy with any normal person laughing their asses off at them.

>laughably unrealistic, anthropomorphic fetish drawing romanticizing an otherwise dirty, wild animal legally classified as vermin and frequently shot to death by hunters as a result

opinion discarded

>spend a $100 on buying stuff on alt steam account
>log out
>dont plan to log back in till next year or two

All there is to do is play the waiting game and see if it's still there in a few years. I figure you have to log in before the roll back will affect you, wonder if steam offline will some how let me preserve them.

what a retard

There will not be a rollback. People who sold crates and hats could have taken the money and bought in game items in non-valve games. There is no way for them to reverse those transactions and they aren't going to stifle people out of hundreds of dollars.

This.

>tfw all my unusuals won't be affected because they dont come from the bugged crates

my wealth is safe and it feels so good, get fucked PEASANTS

Attached: 1508881476033.jpg (960x639, 77K)

Wait you figured out what that abomination is supposed to be?

haha get fucked whale

I feel it
Halloween chads where you at?

Yeah it does, because why would we buy your overpriced sparkly hat when we already have one?

>seething exploiters mad that their cheated virtual hats have no value anymore

C O P E

What did you do?

>tfw all my unusuals won't be affected and mine did, but i did it earlier then most so they are ok and will be tradable at the same time my unusual taunt will that i got off the market after valve shut it down
cry harder tradefag, this will make my day laughing at late peasents.

nothing
you keep the money
the keep the dupe
it becomes market banned
you keep the money
you get to dab on traders graves

who /missedout/? I was fucking sleeping goddamit

Sold my ass pics

Posts like these are only made when you dumbasses take the fucking bait, now stop replying to this degenerate and let him fucking rot

>Jump on server
>stomp scrubs while using no hats
>Anger
>Instant anger

It’s always funny

Attached: B4089230-1101-4D6F-A70E-33AF1D67C6FE.jpg (190x190, 13K)

There was a "bug" that made fancy hats easier to get for casuals and all the faggots who made a living whaling and hoarding them absolutely lost their minds and demanded that they stay the 1%.

Who the fuck is still playing TF2 in 2019? Move the fuck on with your life.

vintage demoman fro I got when hats were first released is all I need

sald mines

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (717x374, 43K)

>mfw knew this would happen and bought keys instead of unboxing

Attached: 1523221806149.png (435x505, 84K)

I personally use the Gibus and Prof. Speks for maximum salt.
I got 50k points on my strange speks since 2014

Attached: 1515883773672.png (283x268, 72K)

seething tradefag

Attached: demolaugh.jpg (650x654, 36K)

>Wrapped unusuals obtained from the bug are still tradable
HAHAHA OH FUCK

Attached: 200px-Buffed_blu_engineer.jpg (200x200, 15K)

This is far too reminiscent of "I DID NOT PAY $3000 JUST TO HAVE SOME F2P USE MY GOLDEN PAN" or however that went. It's amazing how seriously some people will take having a bunch of rare pretty pixels in a 12 year old game.

Attached: 1562094557085.jpg (342x295, 32K)

how does this even happen code wise?

did some brainlet think entering 1 meant 1% when 1.00 usually means 100%

Me, and I feel terrible about it because while I heard that some major trading glitch was going on, I didn't realize that I could get a bunch of cheap unusuals until it was too late

Actually yeah. Pretty likely that's what happened.

Alright, post how much you've spent total fags
help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/AccountSpend

Named and painted ones as well.

>all my hats still say they will be tradeable after august 2nd

Attached: 1423910687423.jpg (500x375, 48K)

They wont change after that date, that is just because when you bought it they were tradeable and marketable.

Imagine being THIS mad that someone got a virtual hat for cheap. Not because you lost money, or because that person got an insane deal and you didn’t, but because the hypothetical person that got this hat belongs to a demographic you hate.

Attached: DA16E991-C409-4805-8847-D61A273784C3.jpg (479x479, 64K)

I bought two keys and got one unusual and one strange bat because it wasn't one of the working crates. But I stopped playing TF2 after removal of community servers so I guess that's 7 bucks down the drain, oh well.

Your average tester could have easily spotted this, but I guess hiring one is too much for this poor starving indie

They weren't tradeable to start with. I got a few regular items from non glitched crates and they also are untradeable until the second.

is it this picture you were refering to?

Attached: golden frying pan.png (875x573, 55K)

>F2P unusuals
Then where did the keys come from?

>Still got unusuals for fucking pennies on the dollar

Attached: FD6552EA-9EA3-492E-B465-B1600480419D.png (772x598, 789K)

>furry

opinion discarded

>multi billion dollar company that makes money on auto pilot
>hire contract programmers from India

Attached: 12312312313123.jpg (600x319, 28K)

Well wait no guess that's not right, they were sellable before. Although oddly enough a regular hat I got is still sellable but some snow sleeves I also got are now tagged as unsellable despite being just regular snow sleeves. Top kek valve.

>tradebanning customers who gave you money and will potentially give you more
At least next time put more thought into your bait.

Why would they be changing some random older crates in the first place?

apparently because the addition of the new ricardo hat. I dont see why those specific crates were affected though.

>he didnt invest in skins
FN tough break and gun mettle ones will be more expensive in the future as less and less are in circulation, its a long con but worth it if you got the right skins

Attached: 1562257364261.png (1511x903, 257K)

>bought the unusuals I wanted for pennies
>get to keep them while everyone that cheated them are marked since Valve knows which is bugged
sucks to be you in the future

Attached: 1547611657029.jpg (204x204, 8K)

So after all this, in the next couple of weeks the economy is going to unfuck itself and resume back to normal-ish?
Lame

Attached: 1489903410568.jpg (480x480, 64K)

faggot coattail rider here, im fine
looks like the earlier crates didnt get fucked
shame its a shit unusual

Attached: shitty unusual.png (356x534, 56K)

Can someone explain to me what's going on here?

Attached: D8CRtMS.jpg (374x374, 41K)

>mfw I did both

>pc breaks
>this happens
FUCKING TIMELINE EVERY TIME DUDE

The fucking delusional tradetranny COPE is unreal

Valve accidentally made certain crates have a 100% chance to drop unusuals and crashed the Mannconomy with no survivors

>tfw your fav hat wasn't available in unusual anymore
maybe next time haha, right guys?

Attached: VINTAGE FEELS.png (1600x900, 149K)

>Wanting unusuals in the first place

Why

because a smoke effects on something with ciggies featured looks dope
why not?

Attached: 1551414242208.jpg (184x184, 8K)

>All this butthurt for a hat with some special effects on it.
Meanwhile there are hats in the game that can only be earned via achievements.
>confused.jpg.
I just don't get these people.

Attached: gsadgfagag.png (367x602, 64K)

Because medic sluts uber me more often when i have unusual hats on

>Trader faggots demanding Valve punish people
>Your face when Valve won't do shit and you keep all your unusuals

Attached: 1533023135010.png (219x210, 101K)

explain how

>Fags only defend TF2 because they're making money out of it
Overwatch was always the superior game

This entire day has been such a goldmine

Yea Forums is truly at its best when it's reveling in chaos

Attached: 1555414371053.jpg (174x191, 50K)

the crates dont drop anymore, meaning not only are the FN elite-tier skins rare to get from the crates, but the crates will eventually run out.

>Valve proves you can't trust them to act in good faith regarding your online purchases through their storefront

The hat economy is the most bizarre shit.
Cannot believe it's still going.

That's Yea Forums as a whole, /ibs/ threads were some hype shit

I sold crates and got $5 and bought a hat; am I fucked?

more like the fat economy
more like the mann baby economy

>All of my ill-gotten unusual hats are only tagged uncraftable
Am I going to get away with it?

Attached: 1525374454665.jpg (736x552, 62K)

Best futabu, got her on my conscientious objector.

Attached: mao.jpg (86x57, 4K)

dope ass unusual you cuck

yes

Attached: ss+(2019-07-26+at+07.37.29).png (366x545, 62K)

Nice image for manlets

imagine being stuck with a tranny hat forever

Easier to just post a small version since I was on backpack.tf anyway, you can tell which image that is easily.

>thinking i'll keep the hat.
Im planning on selling it back on the market once the prices go back up.

G 5

Attached: Heavy bridges.png (464x614, 207K)

it was all just a simple ruse to get mongols excited about tf2 cuz they're too dumb to get excited about shadow warrior 3: wolfenstein yungblud

Attached: pikass.png (401x345, 158K)

Yeah of course, let me just refresh my futaba memory on sadpanda

Too soon.

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1507573

Attached: 1508965981607.jpg (320x281, 23K)

you sure about that

Attached: 1563923473736.gif (517x328, 1.69M)

>go to trade server
>starts unboxing and getting unusuals left and right
>autistic furries start screeching into their mics
>admin bans me
Overall a good day

>the 7 unusuals I got are not untradable
>only uncraftable

LMAO
M
A
O

Attached: DLcXf5cX4AA6yHh.jpg (333x404, 24K)

Did he write it to conform himself ? You can't distinguish cheap unusual, maybe if you spam inspect button on every unusual wearing player but that is retarded

>Yea Forums walking away with a bunch of free shit
I checked, and I got a 30 dollar hat for something I spent like 5 bucks on. Not bad.
I would have bought a shit ton of unusual crates but I only care about having something to wear, not whether I can sell it or not; I also didn't want to get tagged as being a cheater

at least you got unusual hats that people will only know if they were one of the "glitched" ones if they examine the item

I'm so glad I left tf2 behind years ago. Worst community of any game I've ever encountered

its valve, user. We all know they wont restrict it forever. They get to much $ from tf2 hats anyway.

I like yelling at people in casual who pick up my guns. I don't care, it's just fun to act like it's the end of the world, and to get a reaction out of the other person (who then usually goes on to kill you with it too imo the funniest shit ever).

>I DEMAND HALF PRICE FOR THIS UNUSUAL BECAUSE YOU HAVE (NOT CRAFTABLE) MARK ON YOUR HAT AND IT HURTS MY EYES

Eh, I've had a lot of issues with the recent restrictions. Probably better competitively, but TF2 is fun for getting drunk and role playing a black Scottish cyclops

Attached: firefox_Ggf73BJ0MN.png (400x400, 318K)

>somehow this entire situation actually brought more players to TF2
based

Attached: 20190726201452_1.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

From this I now have enough money in my wallet for a valve index. Should I do it?

Attached: kaosthinking.jpg (480x480, 33K)

I am this guy Hopefully it bounces right back up

Reminder that valve runs into the same problem Bethesda has: you can’t discriminate between purchasers after the purchase. A unusual bought in a glitch and one not bought in a glitch are the same thing in court. Valve might get class action’d at this rate if things don’t change.

Can valve even legally restrict the bought hats permanently anyway? There wasn't exactly anything on the Steam Market that told people they would be restricted until after they'd bought them. If you were someone who didn't know they were bugged, they're just essentially cheap unboxed unusuals. Is Valve fucked in this situation unless they decide to somehow find a way to rollback and refund?

"I SHOULD BE REWARDED FOR BEING TOO POOR TO GET AN UNUSUAL REEE"
Lamentfags are genuinely retarded

Attached: retarded.png (617x210, 30K)

>the wrong thing
>implying spending money on pixels can be construed as "wrong"
The absolute state of tradefags.

Was this probably intentional? Like a deliberate self-sabotage to get more attention to TF2?

Anyone who did this mind gifting me a cheap unusual? I'm a poorfag who couldnt even afford to buy one back when they were sellable and going for super cheap

Attached: 1524411674146.png (1063x1063, 228K)

Lmao nice I got the exact same thing

Attached: nice.jpg (359x535, 23K)

Did marketprice recovered?

Attached: 1564135807929.png (453x324, 251K)

I've wanted one of these for so long but never could because the cost was always fucking stupid because it's "muh themed". That is until today, thanks Valve

Attached: 214161761.png (356x566, 62K)

Attached: 1439989391579.png (570x832, 894K)

I WASN'T AWARE THIS WAS HAPPENING

IT'S NOT FAIR

I was honestly thinking about getting a halloween themed unusual before Valve fixed the glitch.

Not my problem

Attached: file.png (585x326, 35K)

how would you reward the people who didn't do this
if i was valve i would ether
A.) let the non exploiter pick a hat and effect
B.) Give the non exploiter a unique hat with a unique effect
or
C.) Give the non exploiter a unique hat that lets you change the effect on it

all the poor people who wanted hats exploited
screeching pro traders are begging valve to give them a free hat to compensate for all the emotional damage they suffered when the pixels they spend hundreds of dollars on briefly dropping in value

that involves effort from valve, whats gonna happen is half the hats are gonna get untradable, half will still flood the market and Yea Forums wins from valve's incompetence.

>rewarding people for not taking part in a glitch made by valve
not gonna happen.

>all those people with 40 shitty unusuals that are kill a watt, disco beat down, etc

lmfao

Attached: pvt pyle.jpg (378x566, 55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1i5Bx8tfajk

Attached: 1637120.4649999854_1.jpg (618x824, 96K)

>couldn't go to bed
>saw person I was following on twitter talking about it in the past-tense
>went on discord to talk with friends
>it was still going on
>mfw four unusuals and bought another cool one for a few bucks
>could've bought the new demo chest if my shittier unusuals sold

Attached: 1338250531230.jpg (667x820, 64K)

I think if people uncrated a certain amount of unusuals, they'd get tagged, because I only uncrated one unusual and there's zero restrictions on it other then the typical GIVE US YOUR PERSONAL INFO TO SELL RIGHT AWAY GOYIM bullshit.

>those poor tradefags with insta buy bots on the market

Attached: 1552093742790.jpg (688x418, 441K)

Attached: 1429897240038.jpg (480x360, 36K)

I have the unusable in crafting tag because I bought two, but I did notice that people who bought a shit ton have every tag on all their unusuals

Complete cope, nothing is going to happen
Kill yourself furfag trader
My unusuals are as valuable as yours now

Attached: 1554918311096.jpg (277x327, 25K)

not a tradermain but they rendered them all untradeable though

>All
>He doesn't know

Attached: 1549854743948.jpg (270x271, 14K)

>he doesn't know meme from a nu-Yea Forums poster with unicode filenames that are new
have a family

>Yea Forums-x has a randomise filename option
>Meme of the month reply
Absolute child

Attached: 1541185070702.jpg (404x345, 17K)

I opened 1 on one account, and 7 on another. All of them are uncraftable/untradeable.

Attached: 1457008274518.jpg (500x337, 25K)

I feel like this whole fiasco exposes the major flaw of unusuals. People don't want them because of the hat or the effect. They want them because they're "rare" or "valuable."
The actual cosmetics of the cosmetic items are tertiary to their importance.
If valve decides to just not do anything, removes the uncraftable/untradeable and makes them normal unusuals, things would become very interesting. The price of unusuals would tank, obviously. But people would stop wearing them for the "prestige" of owning them. And they would wear the ones they genuinely like the look of. And since the price plummeted more people would be able to get the hat they want.
Honestly, this is probably a really good thing for the games health. A lot of professional traders (heh) were just hoarding unusuals like some kind of autistic dragons. Now they would be more spread out.
The drop rate of unusuals were insultingly low in the first place. And the entire crate system was very predatory and not really worth it.

Attached: P1a0a.jpg (900x900, 74K)

>And they would wear the ones they genuinely like the look of
No
Before the unusuals people used the Bill's then the Max Heads then Earbuds and when they tanked moved to unusuals and so on.

People wants to wear "expensive" shit because its expensive even if it looks like shit, just like real life

Honestly, I've got one good all-class unusual and hardly ever wear it because hell, it doesn't look good for alot of characters, but with the few that i've gotten yesterday, I can actually make sets for classes that look pretty damn good and are interchangeable.
Another reason I didn't wear the unusual was because it made me a target for alot of people in the server; you see someone with an unusual, you assume he's good or he's gonna lead the enemy team, so, you gotta focus him.
Now, i'm just another average ass joe and I love it.

Attached: 1440906028995.png (500x742, 890K)

>tradefags got cucked
>I got some good laughs even though I didn't get anything myself
>if valve caves I might even get a faggy halo for not doing anything

Attached: laughing mercs.png (500x407, 298K)

I usually build my loadouts depending on the hat and effect
It's like dress up but virtual and very expensive

I'd just be happy to see those traders get BTFO.

Attached: 1561090654717.gif (440x300, 1.42M)

This, it's why people who missed out on the exploit shouldn't worry too much. Sure they could've gotten an unusual, but once this chaos dies down, affected unusual hat/effect combinations will probably be treated as tainted or worthless, like unusual taunts but possibly even more severe.

cant wait for seething tradefags
>WILL ONLY TRADE WITH FELLOW HALOBROS WILL CHECK INVENTORY

>Got hyped about this
>Open inventory
>Don't even have any of the right crates
Oh well.

Attached: 1548807950197.jpg (500x371, 41K)

> learned about the bug after already arriving to work
> hoping it lasts until im home
> missed_out.jpeg
I just wanted a simple solder hat with effect like the cooking pot. Guess ill keep using Bills hat for another decade.

Wouldn't this whole blunder just make unusuals worth less in general?
Even if they can't be traded, there will be less of a demand for people to buy unusuals just because a lot of potential buyers now own one.

Glad I cashed out and quite a month before this shitheap.

The people who dress to "impress" won't go away.
what I meant was you'd see more people wearing unusuals because it's a hat they like, not for its value. You wouldn't see as many people wearing one JUST because the people on backpack say it's worth a lot.

Yea that's why everyone's so excited, tradefags are fucking cancer so they want them to get fucked.
The game is good for the fucking gameplay and people that just "play" it just to trade deserve everything they got from this.

>that ESL aimbotter is still around
Jesus christ, it's always the most autistic ones who die old.

It should say "Not marketable" on it in your steam inventory.
Its only temporary, according to valve, atm. So who knows whatll happen to them

This. I bought an unusual a while back and I immediately noticed that it made people more scared on initial confrontations, which is especially troublesome playing Pyro.
Now I get to look cool AND not stand out at the same time, it's amazing.

>hurr look at me not wearing a hat jk I'm actually good, fuck off user
This actually happens. I literally don't have any fucking hats because why the fuck would I spend money on cosmetics in a non-MMO.

if your replying too my old post mine doesn't have that either, mine are now considered legit, sucks too be tradefags.

hes almost full at this point, keep spoon feeding him

I really like my gibus
I only need is my gibus, my high five and my googly eyes
Thats all I need

Who the fuck is still playing TF2 in 2019? More importantly, who is still paying tons of money for exclusive items in TF2?

they did make them untradeable, they also made them unMarketable too, I snagged this during the huge shit fest for $5, it'll never leave my inventory ever again but gg.

Attached: Grimm hatte.jpg (360x566, 37K)

So we're sucking off unsusualfags now?

>Look cool

Unusuals are TF2's dunce cap.

why dont tf2 econfags understand supply and demand?
there was like 100k unusual hats just introduced to the game

they think their hats still hold value even though theres no longer demand for their trash.

also, how much you guys make selling crates? i managed to make $220

>The people who dress to "impress" won't go away.
They are the core public for unusual hats
>you'd see more people wearing unusuals because it's a hat they like, not for its value.
False, take the Max head for example: nowdays you always see people with Max's painted black or some tacky color, then there is a reason why unusuals got tiers for traders and prices
>You wouldn't see as many people wearing one JUST because the people on backpack say it's worth a lot.
Its mostly what trendy hats are arround, best example are spy mains: they always use the same combination of items and hats just like most popular tf2 youtubers who make spy videos, same with with unusuals: 70% of effects are rare as fuck and you dont see them often because people dont like them and they are not popular at all.

not surprisingly yes it's starting to recover

"Buy my unreasonably overpriced virtual item"
"Already have one"

Attached: 1558046054877.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>was watching youtube in bed when this shit started
>even juggled the notion of starting up tf2 since i recently started playing it a little bit again and felt like barnblitz shenanigans
>shrugged it off
Goddammit this would've been fun as hell to partake in. Hopefully I get something nice if they do another Cheater's Lament thing.

Attached: 1519787099186.png (211x246, 11K)

Nah there are worse fandoms than TF2

Hell, even when we only got 10 hats way back people idle only to have a super extra rare hat that nobody got or couldnt get. The afterthought of looking good was minimal

There has not been a single unusual that I like.

Not even here to rip on you lads. I like some war paints and I like the killstreak professional effects. But I just cannot get into the unusuals.

Hot opinion dude, did I ask for it?

Attached: 1531763822333.png (334x229, 67K)

After all this I log in and get an engineer prospector hat from a random drop

Valve can't just delete them all or remove the effect, or they'd face massive legal action. People DID technically spend money on this.

>Spending money on hideous hats solely because others spent more on them

Attached: 1435298262457.jpg (250x238, 8K)

I'm the opposite, can't stand the war paints but unusuals can look nice depending on hat/effect and if they're in a nice looking set.
It's a shame too, I like the Hot weapon effect and would love it on just normal weapons.

>I'm willing to take full responsibility for the horrible events of the last 24 hours, but you must understand: our interest in their wallets was purely for the betterment of Valvekind. Everything has clearly gotten out of hand now, yes, but it was worth the risk, I assure you.

Attached: gn.png (644x602, 692K)

>frogposter
>above anyone

>440$
Had a bunch of series 82 in a different account and sold them to some kid who thought the price would climb further literally 30 minutes before they tanked
i blocked him : )

Attached: heeaaa.png (302x290, 179K)

Yeah, TF2 is whiny in a funny way because you can look from afar people who takes shit to serious while Valve doesnt give a crap. Shit like Dota and Dead by Daylight are the worse shitpits ever. Smash is close too

They could have bought it from the Steam Market, I have a Max Head on a F2P account because I thought buying from the Steam Market would make my account a full account (it doesn't)

>Kept unusual in Market
>Get it back and it's stil marketable

Attached: 2f0.png (680x510, 506K)

Massed Flies Sniper hats should be universally appreciated, since it's fits his dirty bushman ass.

This is the best shit to happen to tf2 in years

Fuck trading and fuck backpack.tf

not an opinion.

>(it doesn't)
>TF2 in-game store is bugged to hell and back for at least 2-3 years now
What a stupid move

Why are you getting so defensive over virtual pixels?

Based as fuck

I haven't played tf2 in like 5 years.
Before I re-download it, is it even worth playing still?

Attached: 1552958976186.jpg (2310x1781, 1.48M)

As a long time trade from the good old days, fuck trading and fuck the retards asking valve to do anything but let the unusuals exist and be tradeable. The Tf2 elite are furry faggots who circlejerk each other with gifts to each other of these worthless fucking polygons. It's abhorrent. The market deserves to be nuked.

TF2 IS IN THE GRAVE TONIGHT youtubemultiplier.com/5d3b055d74812-tf2-is-in-the-grave-tonight.php

Attached: 879754167_preview_2563ac0a158aa4496be6f1112c8c7279.jpg (900x506, 47K)

>unsusualfags with a butt-plug medic get crapped on every other TF2 thread
>anons are gonna become that now
Bros

Attached: dark souls shadman.gif (435x250, 3.92M)

I like the look of Max's head
The price is also relatively stable

>website sensors image
>just right click to get the uncensored version

I been playing this game for more than 5 years and crates always give me shit how is this possible now i open 3 today just for this post and still get shit

i guess tf2 finally reached the crate depression

Attached: 1498344296586.png (350x350, 138K)

Attached: fug.png (174x231, 16K)

>visit your account options
what the fuckity fuck is this shit? when did they start that?

>sold some old unwanted shit and opened a couple of summer cases to curb some of the lameness of missing out on this whole ordeal
>get demo abs and ricardo
I can dig it.

Attached: ricardo.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Recently, you don't actually have to make an account just go to the options.

POST THE DRAWING

oh wow LITERALLY?
tell us more bro....LITERALLY

CARLOS

Attached: 1564095021672.gif (287x216, 554K)

So uh...
I didn't really score any hats. Just a few weapons.
But for some reason I forgot about the Halloween hat from 2009.
Busted top hat with a ghost on it. What's it worth?

Attached: 21c.gif (550x300, 2.68M)

Got 2 #82 crates in my inventory because by the time I figured this all out, they shut all the trading down

Attached: 1481986055775.gif (320x240, 3.73M)

This

>f2p
>have to buy crates and keys to unlock unusuals
I'm confused.

Lawyer here. Remember that if Valve does take our glitch hats away, we can sue them into complete submission! Don't let the tradefags win, it's fucking WAR if Valve tries to weeazall their way out of this!

The fucking ghostly gibus?

What is wrong with having the taunt you use the most on one, you pretentious retard?

You're fucking retarded

>Be me
>See this exploit get announced right before bed
>Valve worker cucks wont be in work for 6 more hours to patch it
>Have a ton of crates I've kept stored in my inventory
>Sold them on the market for $4.50 a pop
>Made nearly 100$ from all the crates I had stored
>Bought Cyberpunk 2077, Doom, Dishonored 2 deluxe bundle, and Elder Scrolls Online
Ty Valve for your incompetence.

Attached: 1425995796603.jpg (280x259, 19K)

probably means people who first played the game after they made the game f2p all those years ago

I never had that much fun in TF2 since F2P update, hope it will be a good lesson for whale and trade fags.

Attached: 1564130527474.jpg (512x512, 38K)

>TESO

but why?

>dd/mm/yyyy
retarded and ruined

Idfk man.
Yes. Absolutely. Lacking sufficient knowledge on a game I haven't played in nearly a decade implies the inability to function properly.

Attached: 1539388744825.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

>People don't want them because of the hat or the effect
Fuck off asshole, i wanted orbiting money on my pimp hat and i got it, everything else was extra or future gifts

God I love sinanju

how the fuck did you guys have all these ancient ass crates from three to four years ago? the ONLY crates I've been getting have been the 2018 winter crates, and whatever cosmetics-only crates there were before them.

If it is the ghostly it's worthless because everyone gets it for free now.

I made 11 bucks for crates I didn't even know I had. I made out like a bandit.

>weekend update comes around
>every undtradable unusual gets turned into the flies effect

Attached: 1561254009471.jpg (433x427, 86K)

No reason to chuck em. TF2 gives you a ton of free backpack expanders and just space in general so it's kind of a waste of time just to sell.

It's the Ghastlier Gibus.

Attached: 60d.jpg (384x720, 30K)

I hate your kind but I also hate rich trade fags so I'm willing to put my hate aside.

>valve updating their game more than once
>one patch to fuck the economy irreversibly, and then one to damage control

Attached: 1548698798718.png (413x437, 148K)

>Unusual crone's dome still worth 495 keys
Crisis averted

Attached: file.png (880x670, 296K)

Still not worth anything but at least be happy that you got one of the older, slightly fancier ones.
Can't even get the regular ol' ghastly as an f2p now, it's just ghostly iirc.

>mfw don't care about the hats being untradeable or not because got hats that I liked

Attached: 1533212504192.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

Attached: abd.jpg (647x497, 50K)

July 26th 2019 will forever be remembered as the day a porn meme get's put into a video game, and it causes the Crate Depression.

Attached: July 26 2019 a date which will live in infamy.png (1379x1080, 695K)

>update is literally nothing but ugly hats
>ensuing drama concerns nothing but ugly hats
>everyone busts their ass to illegitimately obtain some ugly hats
>valve works overtime, starts patching shit, uses their twitter for the first time in over a year, promises they will take action and start getting proactive
>to protect a bunch of neckbeards & furries investment in ugly hats

Attached: scooby doo ridicules a PS3 game.png (512x512, 214K)

Because I don't want to pay a monthly fee for FF14, on top of the game, dlc, and micro transactions.
Also I heard it improved a lot since launch and it is only 10$.

>TotalSpend $3,132.66
>OldSpend $1,595.61
Good fucking lord

>removal of community servers
Do you mean this literally or effectively? They're still around, matchmaking just basically shoved them into the dark corner of the room.

Probably my favorite haul today.

Attached: Tough Stuff Muffs.png (359x559, 80K)

I hope the hats are tradeable, I wanted to give some to my friends.
If not, oh well.

>totalspend $933.83
>oldspend $520.00
Ah, i see...

Attached: 1511245766468.png (336x328, 53K)

Honestly they should just own up to their mistake and let people have their hats
There will still be expensive unusuals out there.

Good evening /biz/. So who were the big winners and losers of this market clusterfuck?

That's not even the biggest cuck
>Buys a key (giving valve money)
>opens a crate not thinking its bugged
>crate is bugged and gives him an unusual (valve's fault for being incompetent)
>he fucking deletes it
imagine paying valve $2.5 because they fucked up

Attached: biggest cuck.png (1064x162, 16K)

As of right now, everyone but tradefags(and latefags like me) won.

>Winners
TF2 players
>Losers
Trade fags

>Winner
People who sat back watching this chaos unfold and get free unusuals out of the deal
>Losers
Trade fags whining about how we "fucked with the market" or some shit because we got free crap.
>Ultimate Cuckshed material
Unusual Traders going above and beyond the call of Autism to go as far as saying, and I quote "[We] Peasants don't deserve such marks of "status" as Unusuals, and upon Valve eventually removing them, we shall laugh at you all over pixel hats with random effects on them." Like they're some kind of gamer Aristocracy, only with slightly less incest.

>big winners
Crate sellers, aka the dudes feeding the flames and fillng their pockets
>winners
Non-traders who got to unbox and enjoy a cavalcade of high value items for basically crackers. Dabbing on all the people who invested heavily into virtual pixels/.
>big losers
Traders. LMAO.

Pictures like this is why I start laughing whenever someone tries to claim Yea Forums = reddit. Nobody on Yea Forums bootlicks this hard and started deleting their own money out of fear

>me and friend only got a few hats before valve shut down the server but they became untradeable/unmarketable
>start looking around old accounts from years ago for some shit that might be worth something
>friend has this old cs go acc that he completely forgot about which another friend got banned
>he's got a bunch of stickers and sticker sets that back then were just a few dollars worth
>now they're at 150 dollars and up
>start adding everything together
>8000 dollars
>about 8000 fucking dollars
>all gone

I think he might actually kill himself or the person responsible for the ban. What the fuck do i do?

Attached: 1518741584971.jpg (408x360, 12K)

>winners
Porn fags

>losers
furries and whales

Hatlet detected

Attached: tall hat fancy pepe.png (331x1200, 138K)

>latefags
I'm seriously expecting bugged unusuals to get a mark of shame and, due to the sheer scale of this disaster, any account that didn't catch the exploit and logs in within a certain window gets to have some kind of free unusual. Maybe not hold our breaths, but it makes too much sense anyway.

>demo abs are still 10 bucks on the market
i'll pay a tenner for a cheapo unusual but fuck a normal cosmetic

Attached: 1439708731383.jpg (235x248, 13K)

This. There was no item manipulation going on like there has been in the past.
The way I see it, there are too many innocent parties involved.
People who bought some from the market for cheap: completely devoid of any blame seeing as the drop rate was manipulated by Valve and the price was determined by the community.
People who unboxed should NOT be punished for a mistake by Valve as them messing up RNG is their fault. There's no way to determine what could have been a more rare unbox.
Aside from that, there are some people who got keys from marketplace.tf, some people who used PayPal for crates, etc. They can't do a refund thing for this reason.

>this was added to the game files a few minutes ago

Guys?

Attached: 725595275_preview_1.gif (270x270, 1.9M)

>MFW Now everyone is equal of status

youtube.com/watch?v=TQuy3FqVcYc

Attached: Comrade Dog.png (960x955, 312K)

no it wasnt, good try tho

Before the whole thing, I had one (1) entire unusual with one of the affected effects. If the price of that unusual drops, I could not care any less considering I got a hell of a haul out of it.
As far as I'm concerned, I am pic related.

Attached: i see this as an absolute win.jpg (1060x596, 314K)

Looks like a Volcano thing. Maybe a unused Unusual effect from Jungle Inferno?

What's your TF2 economy heat death theme song, Yea Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=7oday_Fc-Gc

>play casual
>see every little squeaker and pedro.gonzales2007 rocking an unusual
>all the epic lime mains and traders probably off hanging from the rafters, gone from our game forever
brings tears to the eyes

The most they'll do is redistribute the cheater's lament I feel.
Which would be nice because I've always wanted it.

Attached: very good.jpg (890x960, 37K)

The game coordinator is down right now.
What is going on?

>The most they'll do is redistribute the cheater's lament I feel.
not happening
>Which would be nice because I've always wanted it.
can't always get what you want zoomer

Attached: 4d3.gif (480x320, 719K)

UPDATE
A member of my party was simply offline. Sorry for the false alarm.

>gone from our game forever
I doubt it. They're either taking a break to breathe and eat something, anything really, OR, they're waiting for Valve to do something against us a bit so they can hop out and go "AHA, YOU FOOL!!!!".

Do you even see all these tradefags bitching over it and begging for some recompense?
It's definitely likely.

im on fucking vacation without a pc why does exciting shit happen when i dont have a pc. at least im happy tradefags got btfo'd and hope you got a good haul bros
tfw bday in 1 and a half week and i could get myself goodies if i could bother

Attached: 67192584_1471292666343191_827817330980421632_n.jpg (552x315, 15K)

no one gives an absolute fuck what tradeshitters want. the lament's ours. you dont get one no matter how hard you stomp your feet and cry, because you weren't there.

Attached: 1537867149299.jpg (660x990, 187K)

The TF team clearly fucking does with all the work they're putting in when they've done FUCKING NOTHING for around a year.

no lament for you buckaroo, better get used to it

>even if non-exploiters get free unusuals, tradefags are still fucked because they already indulge in unusuals and their beloved market is still damaged beyond repair, and a good chance whatever unusual they get will be useless to them as a result
I hope they do this, then EVERYONE but the tradeshitters win.

Attached: 1499141187157.jpg (400x400, 38K)

youtu.be/r5zpUyVAJjA
FUCK TRADERS AND FUCK VALVE

Attached: 1560997267071.jpg (1440x900, 117K)

>no one gives an absolute fuck what tradeshitters want
Except Valve, sadly

so huh how did the exploit worked
I just got home and some brs wanted all my crates

Attached: 1563649148502s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Appending that I'm talking about free unusuals and not the Lament, should've paid more attention to what I was responding to.

Wait, so did Valve literally do nothing to the unusual hats acquired super cheap because of the glitch? Fuck me, I should have bought all the hats when they were cheap.

I completely fail to understand the tantrum logic. They are just angry because some people got easy hats?
On another note ive often wondered how TF2 has avoided getting dragged into lootbox arguements since they were on the forefront of this shit way before others even if you bought keys instead of straight boxes

There's a good case of taking valve to court over right to resale, if they do happen to make them untradeable

Some crates gave 100% unusuals. People saw this, went "OH FUCK" and started opening those crates like mad. Now everyone and their dog has an unusual and the prices of basically every one beforehand plummeted super fucking hard and tradefags are so fucking pissed off at it valve had to step in and say "oh but they're not tradable :^)".

Attached: haha good.png (225x241, 115K)

>They are just angry because some people got easy hats
Yes, since whales paid for this hats like 100 to 1000$.

>there are people who bought hats that are no longer tradable

Attached: 1511829556012.png (870x826, 263K)

anyone else unequip their unusuals.

>There are people who didn't load up on as many cheap hats as possible.

gift wrap desu

I bought crates and keys but then I realize it was bugged and deleted my unusuals, it's not fair for those poor traders. :(

So these traders make a living by selling these hats or what?

About 24 hours ago, all #1-16 crates and all #82 crates were giving 100% unusuals when unpacked.
Also unusuals from boxes 1-16 are worth a lot. So each crate was selling from 5-20 dollars each
The market went frenzy, and about 12 hours ago, Valve fixed the bug and froze the inventories to think what they will do. I think they will just honor their fuck up and let those unusuals be incorporated to the market.

If you have any crate left and anyone willing to pay, sell it because its already patched and only slow dumbasses want them now.

>came back after not playing TF2 for a while
>pick scout, my least played class
>its kinda fun
>13+ people using unusuals with one fag crying about it
TF2 still fun

this, poor guys

I sold 300$ worth of crates bro, all on steam market

what if my crate says not tradeable or markeable

Content won't be tradeable or marketable

Not sure.
I do know that there were a lot of autists who make bots to insta buy unusuals that are cheaper than they should (kinda like you can do with a stock market), to try and resell them later, but they never expected the market to be flooded and when they woke up all the funds they left on steam (either steam funds or maybe their CC limit) was busted because they didnt do a stop-order

this was some fun and unexpected chaos, who here hatless/cosmeticless master race?

Attached: bow.png (1330x1048, 1.48M)

kek
my heart bleeds

so is this game worth playing again or is this just some meme shitstorm for the weekend

Worth playing because a lot of people in your same boat are probably on, meaning a better chance you'll join a server with cool dudes.

Yeah the meme shitstorm just makes it better.

alright i havent played since like orange box days.. lol

I own TF2 since 2010
I have 200 hours on it (which i know isnt much, but i had my share of fun, i also used to play in non-steam pirated servers back in 2008-9)
I never got a single "normal" hat drop because fuck my luck. Every hat i own is from other games or seasonal events.
I dont give a fuck

uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

gonna flex my bogged unusuals all day, tradefags seething dead in the grave, should have get a real job!

Attached: Screenshot_20190727-005236.png (524x404, 137K)

>same, except halo
>usually get banned within ten minutes from the average server without speaking once

Nice haul bro.

Attached: i should not be showing this to people i think.png (933x511, 413K)

>Completely missed out on the event even though I was just sitting around doing absolutely nothing
Why am I such a fucking failure? So fucking mad at myself, been playing this game forever and still can't do anything right.
FUUUUUUUUUUCKKK
SO FUCKING MAD AS HUFPOASDNRC;CXZD

Attached: 1480024058472.jpg (500x500, 59K)

Gotta have friends who let you know when shit like this is happening. I spent $200 last night on unusuals just hoping that Valve will let us keep them so I can sell them for a nice profit

What about this one?

Attached: ghastlierest.png (2084x900, 371K)

Wait a minute so are they just going to keep the glitched unusuals alone or will they remove them?

Dude relax, just think of all the seething trade cucks who are pissed because while they spent paychecks to get overly expensive hats, we got some of those same hats for like $5.

Any item from pre-2009 is more valuable than any gay ass $20k team captain in my ass, because it means you enjoyed TF2's golden age.

keep them alone, they're currently thinking what to do.

user, don't think of it as missing out or losing money, just enjoy the fact that traderfags have lost all hope and that you didn't need to do anything to cause it

Attached: this is me giving a fuck.png (420x420, 244K)

user it's just hats

Come my children

Come and be blessed.

Attached: 20190727005332_1.jpg (1440x900, 128K)

Attached: 20190727005321_1.jpg (1440x900, 134K)

>will they remove them?
What will most likely happen is that the company will make all the "unusual" hats into regular ones but they'll let them keep whatever they crafted using the hats during the fiasco. Then they'll compensate them by giving them an exclusive hat for those that took advantage of the bug, prob some devil stockmarket themed hat or whatnot. Then give everyone who was playing while the bug was active the Cheaters Lament, since they've been asking for it.

It's not "just hats"
Don't reply to me ever again

>Then give everyone who was playing while the bug was active
>while the bug was active

yeah only they would deserve it.

Currently you cant sell or trade your items. They are thinking about next steps. By monday we should have a full resolution. Here are the probable solutions:
>Do nothing, unfreeze the hats and allow them in the economy. This will maybe piss off 300 whales but the community will enjoy it.
>Keep them untradable. This will piss people who didnt know about the bug and bought hundreds of dollars of hats they wanted to resell in the future
>Refund everything. Its a mess, massive backlash from community
>Rebrand them from "Unusuals" to "Counterfeit Unusuals", which look exactly the same, have the same effects, can be traded, but have some sort of note saying they came from the bug. Its hard to predict what would happen to those, as unlike other unusuals, those are 100% limited in nature, you will never unpack another one of those again, and it might add some value to a few items

hahahahahahahahaahahaha

>What will most likely happen is that the company will make all the "unusual" hats into regular ones
This won't happen because everyone who bought the unusual hats would fucking riot. Valve can't just take something they bought and downgrade it without giving them a refund

My bad
Hats with pretty lights on them

>cratechads get to keep their unusuals
>seething tradetrannies think they won
>implying people are going to buy their shit now that most players are happy with their hats

Attached: 1560370755992.jpg (1536x2048, 353K)

still seething they ruined the fez set only reason to use that pos pistol unless its been buffed

>tfw I decided to stay home instead of going on vacation last minute

Attached: 1503335253813.png (287x269, 142K)

Papa bless

>Counterfeit Unusuals
I'd be laughing my ass off at the person whose counterfeit is worth more than the real thing

BUY OUR OVERPRICED HATS

>unless its been buffed

the set got heavilly HEAVILLY nerfed when valve was trying to buff it. The pistol is the only way to run the YeR now.

10/10

>those are 100% limited in nature, you will never unpack another one of those again, and it might add some value to a few items

That might fail since most of these tradefags seem petty enough to make sure the value of said items tank harder than their items, since they have control on backpack.tf.

Why is everyone mad at missing this out? You can still buy the unusuals for pennies, and this way you can avoid any future consequences since the devs are completely aware which is bugged or not

You can literally buy the entire catalog for less than 6 bucks

Attached: u wan somethin.jpg (469x754, 101K)

they actually might.

NO! BUY MY HAT. NO UNDERPRICE. NO HAGGLE!
NOOOOOO!

my 1:1 hat didn't get duped

Attached: 1558304687188.png (943x885, 483K)

no you can't, unusuals got frozen

congrats you spent $100 on nothing?

>for pennies
Nope, they're basically at the prices they were before. Including the shitty ones
>You can literally buy the entire catalog for less than 6 bucks
For normal hats yea.

all the bugged ones are gone retard, the lowest unus on the market are back to ~$20

I don't get it, what happened?

>TF2 hat market

Holy shit guys, TF2 like actually died with that matchmaking fuckery years ago. It's dead. Why are you carrion flies still on its corpse, eating its rotted flesh?

Attached: 1563607829834.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

Well shit, alright. I'm just enjoying this from the sidelines and i'm curious on what the team will decide on Monday

It depends, really.
Imagine valve makes the color of that new rarity "glowing red", instead of glowing purple.
I would argue any fire releated item with a glowing red name would be worth more than a purple named one because of aesthetics.
A burning TC with a red name would be worth more than a normal burning TC, as long as there is a single one of each (or the same number of each)

what's funny is xer's probably a Bernie supporter

Yea it's pretty wild
It's not everyday you see a virtual hat economy go up in flames

Attached: 1516194289073.jpg (640x480, 154K)

hey, I had several hours and shit but I felt that the 7 bucks I spent on a crate and a key was already too much just for a silly gif effect on my hat, maybe I'm just too old now, but still got a nice hat for my soldier

>not trading weapons instead
Hatfags on suicide watch

Attached: 1562819245339.png (590x601, 178K)

I want to dab on the jewish cartel who didn't let me get MY COLORED HATS a decade ago

I dunno, you're gambling on a hunch there.

People seriously still care about TF2 in 2019? How the fuck?

there are a constant 50k people playing daily, of course there are retard

Don't pretend to be me fag.
Also I'm over it, glad tradewhores are getting fucked though.

I'm just here selling crates nigga

They will now, but in a year a two they'll be trying to selling them for double of a normal unusual. Hypocritical faggots.

>tfw saved all of today's TF2 threads into html files
>tfw 50 years from now my grandchildren will experience it as if they were there

Attached: 1563920631706.jpg (150x150, 5K)

hope you saved the lewds

I hope you archived the threads on the wee hours where everyone had the mass realization before the natural Yea Forums archive deletes it

>being this possessive over an arrangement of pixels
unironically have sex

>market was disabled the literal minute I went to get affected crates
fug

>Caring about stupid cosmetic items
How does it feel knowing pic related would trash any idiotic trader furfag nigger?

This is the face of someone who wipes a server by himself.

Attached: 23526.png (1920x1080, 175K)

>MFW I loved both the Merryweather and scorching flame effect.
>Actually became friends with the guy who created the Merryweather and played with him a lot.

Attached: scortching.png (567x553, 404K)

yes

Ok I an a brainlet, did this shit around 7 am and it shows my four unusuals as Uncraftable. The “tradable after 2nd of Aug” still shows. Will they actually be? I wanted to gift one to a friend of mine

bruh

>want a unusual
>the all class i wear has no unusual variant
GOD DAMNIT JUST GIVE ME A UNUSUAL THAT 70'S CHAPPU

We don't know unfortunately.
Personally I'm hoping for Valve to acknowledge their fuckup and let the hats stay but they're probably going to add a "This shit was bugged" tag to it or make it untradeable/uncraftable. No way in hell they're going to straight up remove the hats, there's way too many factors that would make that a shit idea

Why just add a "glitch" quality to the hat, keep the unusuals untradable, and just be done with it? It'll keep both whales and normal players happy

That's good, because literally 2/3 of all unusuals can be found in those crates.

Yeah but that depends on me waiting those two years.

Is it true that the old gift wrap trick still works?
If so then holy lel, the ride hasn't ended.

Attached: 1540936406259.jpg (179x176, 10K)

MY STOLEN UNUSUALS HAVE INFINITELY MORE VALUE THAN LEGIT ONES BECAUSE IT'S THE LITERAL DEFINITION OF FUCK TRADEWHALES AND FUCK VALVE

Attached: hLrEnjF_d.jpg (200x200, 5K)

Considering Valve honored their fuck up before, maybe. However something of this magnitude never happened. Guess we will see. Sucks if blocked to my account because he actually likes the confetti effect for some reason and its for sniper which he usually plays.

you who exploited the bugged crates, you know in your hearts that you don't have a real legit unusual. you will live with that mark of shame forever. but i have a clean conscioius. i can sleep tonignt knowing my hat is real while yours is fake.

valve should have turned all the glitched unusuals into unusual cheaters laments keeping whatever effect they had.

just because it would have made traderfags even more ass blasted

Yeah whatever pal!

Attached: OHHAHAHAHAHA.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

get bent!

blow it out yer ass

Attached: oycp9vjg.jpg (400x396, 25K)

I can't believe that 10 years on this fucking autism has yet to die out

Tf2 was fortnite before there was fortnite. Absurdly popular little cartoon time waster that added fuck all to the medium and made the publisher sacks of cash for virtually no work

Incomprehensible

Attached: 1563091501394m.jpg (768x1024, 62K)

4 cosmetics

>had around 80 old boxes sitting in inventory from years ago
>hear about this glitch
>make 450 euro selling them
Yeah i think i came out just fine.

seethe extra hard for me tonight, okay?

I chuckled

Attached: 1383335883582.gif (250x250, 993K)

do tf2 hats sell for decent money like party hats in runescape? i dont see whats the big fuss but its interesting to see people melt down over it

Some hats sell for thousands of dollars.

>I can still sell this
>afaik it's the only one I know of to exist
>isn't even possible to get this combo otherwise

Attached: rolling volcanoes in the night.png (363x640, 66K)

It's real enough for me to wear and flair, haha, fuck you

Jesus goy version 2.0

Lootcrates are a scam
I’m proud to have scammed the scammer

I don't know why, but I just love archiving stuff

Attached: oh baby!.png (549x306, 29K)

And when everyone is unusual...

No one will be!

Attached: syndrome.jpg (500x613, 65K)

>got two dead president hats out of the bug
>didn't think of this until now

Attached: 1506665727561.png (321x322, 32K)

any way you could share that in a zip folder?
whenever I feel sad, I wanna look back on this day and remember hapy day

>Saving /biz/ aka reddit cancer
Please don't.

it always does.

It's a fucking digital toy hat, you're not some Aristocrat.

Imagine having a children's game being the only important thing in your life that you sperg out like this. I'm glad they got btfo.

fucking love syndrome poster

NOBODY TELL HIM
NOBODY FUCKING TELL HIM ANYTHING

>I have real pixels!
brain damage

Attached: 6.jpg (960x960, 86K)

Top kek my neet friend spend all his money buying these bugged hats to resell them later.

I think he might suicide

Alright, I won’t tell him about the time we killed that guy and buried him behind the thread

reminder that weapons > hats as far as status symbols go

Attached: australium weapons.jpg (2451x1470, 249K)

>villains that did nothing wrong

honestly wrench>sniper>frontier>Fan>pan>>>>the rest

>people can now get golden wrenches from mvm

still feels weird.

TF2 when out = SOUL
Fortnite = always SOULLESS

IMO all of them look pretty good except the Eyelander and Syringe Gun

Top notch marketing from valve as always

>tfw still no gl or stickybomb launcher

...john?

I'm out of the loop. Fill me in on what happened and if I can still get in on it?

TL;DR: You can't.
Volvo pushed an update that made some crates drop unusuals at 100% rate. Bunch of poeple sold shit, crasdhed maket.,

100% chance at unusuals and no

>golden crossbow never ever

Attached: playing medic.png (1279x718, 1.24M)

Damn wish I heard about this sooner. So are prices plummeting for good hats? What's the aftereffectsm

Is metal ever going to be given new value? Will they ever bring back hats that can only be obtained through crafts? That would bring key prices down and being a poorfag, I would worship Volvo for that

So where only #82 and #1-16 crates affected, I have an old alt account I stuffed with crates turns out I had about a dozen (mostly 8 and 16)

Too bad

I honestly never cared about trading so I didn't even bother to open the game. I always threw crates out anyway so I'm 95% sure I didn't have one.

Plus I was still in mourning for ExHentai

Unusual price plummeting because they're no longer status symbols. It doesn't matter that they're untradable, the people who spent 500 bucks on their unusuals are absolutely livid that they're in servers with people who have the same thing they bought for 2 bucks.

Other than the salt from traders who lost 80% of their stock value in a day, there's really no other impact. People who were smart and sold their shit made a few hundred bucks off the whole thing.

The market was in lockdown all day. Valve had to stop all the new unusuals from entering the market with how bad it was. So the economy is the same as before since valve is still figuring out what to do with the thousands of unusuals people unboxed.

>Unusual price plummeting because They're no longer status symbols.
keep telling yourself that.
They are back to where they were within 5% in 3 days time

>Unusual price plummeting because they're no longer status symbols
Thank god for that. I see unusual effects as a flavor enhancer for loadouts, so I found this shit really annoying.

this whole thread is the very reason TF2 needs to stay dead.

The big unusuals might recover back up to 80%, but the trash ones will stay fairly low.

The reality is that nobody is going to be buying, and hoarders might actually consider selling now because of the panic caused by the 1 day glitch. More stock, less buyers, means prices will drop.

They're just not status symbols anymore. Anyone who wanted one could get one for 2 bucks, and the novelty soon wears off when the whole server is wearing one.

A few months ago, valve banned a whole lot of bot accounts. Those accounts had stockpiled so much metal that when it was all taken out of the supply chain, it had the effect of deflating metal and lowering key prices a bit.

Only because Valve locked down everything unboxed during the glitch window. This includes every glitched unusual posted on the market, which were all automatically returned to their current owners. I mean sure, I guess the economy could stabilize to a certain degree, but it's never going to be the same and you're just going to have to accept that your unusuals are not forever. I know you have them, because that's the only reason you'd care.

Yeah, I don't think someone went back to random old crates to change a value from 0.01 to 1.

It was intentional, valve would deny it of course, but it was absolutely intentional. Think about it, the way valve profits off of trades, they probably made more money off of the half day of people frantically buying and selling crates and unusuals than they probably made in a year of standard operations. That is also the reason why it went on for so fucking long.
The likely unintentional benefit of it is that it also probably got a bunch of people who stopped caring about tf2 years ago to care again, even if it was literally just to make a quick buck.

That's a funny picture.

Basic weapons and that ww1 hat only here

>was fun to partake
i wasted 20 yuros on 2 crates just to get 2 unusuals and dab on the traders, i aint even mad that i lost 20 yuro. I AM PROUD TO BE THE TINY MOLECULE IN THE SEA THAT KEKED TRADERS INTO OBLIVION

Attached: V tf2 meltdown.png (972x1006, 688K)

>he'd rather contribute to the smash infestation
Neck yourself

Attached: 1564161854649.jpg (960x599, 94K)

mfw my samefag threads get featured here

Attached: top kek melt down.png (1611x878, 1.16M)

The real joke is on you for playing this garbage

australium not golden
beeeg difference

Attached: TOP KEK.png (1904x360, 142K)

Attached: HAHAHHAHA.png (898x689, 166K)

>mfw my samefag threads get featured here
Imagine being this desperate to be a part of something. Goddamn, when you have to seek attention on Yea Forums of all things you just know you fucked up.

>spending money on items to make yourself more noticeable to snipers

>hop into koth match before bed
>seethe
>traderfags cope
>muh cheaters lament two
theres no way any of you play video games

>wanted unusuals just cuz they look nice and not because >muh rare item
>get to have them for basically no money
best outcome desufamalam

The fact that Yea Forums even bothered paying attention to these 13 year olds in the first place shows alot about the state of Yea Forums

>he didnt invest in spells back in the day
ohnononononono

no you don't DESERVE THEM

Traders lost that's all I care about.

I wasn't too poor to get one, I just thought they'd be rolled back

This
>people who just wanted Unusuals get what they wanted
>trader trannys have to deal with everyone else having particles on their hats and the realization that their livelihoods hinge on digital hats that could literally all cease to exist if someone at Valve hits the wrong button
>botfags had all their money dumped on Unusuals that are literally worthless now
>Valve made a shit ton of money and saw TF2 get massive numbers from an update that appealed to more than just the "buys 50 keys and opens boxes on stream" crowd
Pretty happy ending all things considered. Wishing I pulled the trigger on a few more Unusuals when I had the chance, a $3 Hetman's woulda been nice, but who knows, maybe the next crash is closer than we think.

The winners were anyone who saw the threads and hopped on to sell off their old crates for a shitload.

The losers were everyone else.

This. Literally the only way Valve does this is if they decide to eat the cost of EVERY Steam purchase made with dirty crate money, all for the sake of not upsetting the tradefags.

Like actually look at that scenario and tell me you genuinely believe there will be a rollback.

Was the Monofaggot event ín 2009, I remember that fucking event crystal clear

Nvm it was 2011

>spending money on cosmetics

you dont deserve anything either :^)

>crafted my cool ass proof of purchase
>can't get it anymore

Attached: _.jpg (633x758, 55K)

You should be mad at yourself, if you can't even attend video games events as simple as click box click open get cool stuff, then there is something wrong with you

Finally, someone that's not retarded

>YOU ARE AS PRESUMPTUOUS AS YOU ARE POOR AND IRISH

This desu
The fact that cash money is involved makes this a whole other kind of ball game.

>poor
Well they sure are now!

Holy shit that's fucking cool

This.
I got unusuals of hats I liked with effects I liked, but you absolutely see people stacking garish effects on their lime colored loadouts just to peacock and fluff their e-chode. Fuck the whales, they're the reason cosmetics dominate so much of the attention the game receives nowadays.

this, if people also unboxed that day and didn't know about the glitch till after the fact they are utterly fucked.

Cope