Titanfall 2

You did not lie Yea Forums. The campaign was fucking great.

Spoiler the bad guy does not kill you because he's running the APEX tournament, hence the Apex card he drops on you

And there's around 2000 people in yurop in the afternoon for multiplayer.

Attached: Tttt.jpg (231x326, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eiKwYxwFMfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>That time travel

I got bored of the multiplayer, but the single player was kino. Knew just the right length, too. Didn't overstay its welcome.

But doing the shit you do to NPCs in SP to real people in MP is almost 150% more fucking rad

I loved the campaign, basically didnt play it earlier because TB totally shat on it but he was just wrong. I wish it was 2-3 hours longer though, played through it in >4 hs on hard.

Get into the MP

It's fucking great. One of my most memorable games ever. I think it rivaled Halo 2-3 MP for me in terms of fun.

Playing through the campaign on Master is the perfect difficulty, can't slow down or you'll get merc'd so it turns into some intense Max Payne shit

>Stim
>Cold war
>Charge rifle
>Grav star

Best FPS campaign in the last five years at the very least

>Phase Shift
>Alternator
>Charge Rifle
>Arc Grenade

Attached: 1498180091252.jpg (412x441, 28K)

I liked DOOM 4 more, but this comes 2nd.

You guys have any FPS campaigns to recommend?

Probably black ops 2, if you haven't played black ops one then start with one. It good but the fourth has no campaign and the third might as well not have one in the first place

Lol I couldn't play past the first mission because looking around really gave away the fact that we are on some floating island in the middle of nowhere, which is something I have only felt playing Half life 2 which I couldn't finish for the same reason and Left 4 Dead 2 so you could imagine my keks when I do some research and fight out this fucking game is using the same engine...

Call of Juarez Gunslinger is western kino

Attached: call of juarez gunslinger.jpg (640x340, 84K)

>Sonar Blade
>Spitfire
>Charge Rifle
>Frag Grenade

I can see you. and ive got 10 seconds to think of what to do before you come round that corner.

>Firestar

I hide in building

Attached: 584276158274369.png (207x187, 88K)

>a thousand people ever
Why did Yea Forums lie? There's like 200 max for NA and it's sad, but I've gotten used to waiting. I just go sit and chill for 5 minutes and come back. Game is legitimately great though although I hate how if the enemy gets titans they can completely shift the match in their favor by all cuddling.

The game is fucking awesome, I was really disappointed that it didn't do well; but it came out in between two other big games so it didn't surprise me.

Seriously, why didn't TF2 do well? It's so good. Is it because everything is basically free?

>reading comprehension

EA released the game 2 days after EA's Battlefield 1.

EA tried to cutoff EA and it worked.

But games have released at similar times before.

>the bad guy does not kill you because he's running the APEX tournament, hence the Apex card he drops on you
what. thats years later. Hes just dropping you a line that hes fine with you joining him if you ever want to make a bunch of money. Shows how little he cares.

Amazing game, the highest difficulty was bullshit though. I finished it, but you always have to camp and go on slowly. Even on speedruns people play on lower difficulty because the AI is just too good at aiming.
FUCK SHITSCAN AND FUCK NIGGERS

Obligatory.

Attached: Titanfall2.webm (638x356, 2.99M)

watching a speedrun was pretty wild with some of the tricks

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Too vague of an answer. I don't have knowledge.

Pilot, give me exemples of similar games from a same publisher released closed to eachothers.

Hitscan guns really are the game's biggest fault. I don't recall the boring metashitter loadout for any patch ever being anything except whichever bullethose rifle has the lowest TTK, and you know the retards who infest the multiplayer servers are never going to use anything else.

But Apex has projectile.

Yeah but wingman and shotgun were meta and only the wingman could have any projectile problems. Even then it was a laser.

It was pretty obvious however I think going full grenadier would scare away too many people. If you add projectiles they would still move so fast it wouldnt really make a difference. I dont think you can really fix it. They have all these movement options but slows still camp in a corner, they have all these cool weapons but slows pick the AR with the lowest TTK

>most interesting bossfight was a passion project of a dev that put in extra time
respawn is too good for EA

Why is Wingman in Apex so much better than the one in Titanfall 2?

What's wrong with picking the AR with the lowest TTK?

I loved the sp but people thinking good shooter devs translated to good action devs were idiots

because it can extend its magazine to 12 (although I think they lowered it?) gets a headshot mod that makes it extremely easy to twoshot someone in the head, enemies have less mobility making it easier to hit, bigger healthpool makes big damage weapons more valuable.

play the campaign on master and youll understand

Which one was it?

viper

Oh yes, had that one in my mind, it's one of the coolest sequences I've seen on an fps campaign, it's great.

Mechs aren't popular but mostly EA jewery.
It was released just after and just after Battlefield 1 and before a futuristic COD game.
Titanfall 2 a online multiplayer fps was wedged between two of the biggest giants in that genre, anybody with two brain cells could predict that it would be completely overlooked and because of this.
The second act of EA jewry is the market, being the publisher of the game it was their job to market the game and they did fuck all.
Titanfall 2 wasn't even a blip on the radar, fuck all people knew about it and most people found out because of word of mouth.

Many people speculated that EA did this on purpose so they could acquired Respawn and it seems very likely that is the cause considered they did acquired Respawn not too long after.
Respawn created Apex Legends, EA gave it ton of support and it is a really successful popular game.
Marketing is powerful, you can sell shit to anyone as long as you market it well.

Does grav star work on Titans?

Really? I thought it could have used two or three more missions. You don't even get to use different pilot abilities like grappling hook in it.

holy fuck

Is that the flying one? I don't really remember much about its gameplay aspects. Only that his titan looks like the green fella from Monsters Inc.

Viper is when you jump from ships to ships and the guy is red and he shoots rockets at you

Why did I get a
>This lost will not count on your record
message? Is it because I joined in the middle or because we got defeated so badly by 100 points? Also is it worth regenerating?

Regen isn't really like prestige in CoD. You keep all your weapon upgrades and shit when you re-unlock the weapons. Also leveling is actually fast as hell once you're pretty good and playing against mostly slows.

>Also is it worth regenerating?
Yeah you don't lose anything already PURCHASED

Note that unlocking them is by level, sort of trial until max level, purchasing is what actually carries over. I mean how else will you show off your fastpenis online?

Wolfenstein: TNO and Doom 2016 are both pretty strong. Screaming hot take but I really like Wolfenstein over Doom, even with the fiddly stealth bits, because the game does a great job of constantly evolving your arsenal and BJ is a great character in his own right, with a good supporting cast. New Colossus completely wasted the potential it had, even discounting the story taking a nosedive; the SMG can literally carry you through almost every encounter the instant you find three upgrade kits to slap on there, since the silenced nailgun mode is absurdly powerful to the point of making anything else a moot point, especially since ammo is stupid plentiful.

a tragedy for sure, was hoping for a 3rd. Absolutely one of the top 5 fps of all time. Campaign was genuinely fun and interesting and the game was just overall fun except for the smart pistol

Yeah, especially if a pilot wants to nuke eject.
Also it can be used to pull projectiles to the titan.

What's the other 4 top FPS?

Nah shows how much he respects coop by the end of it all. I doubt he'd give just anyone the chance to join the apex predators.

MP was the shit though last titan standing was the best mode it was like R6 seige but with Mechs. A shocking amount of strategy required.

I don't know I was just compensating for potential candidates that would be better. Of the games I've played personally I've enjoyed Titanfall 2 more than any other fps except for the smart pistol so I would say its number 1.

Is that the one that ends with China and the US teaming up to fight South America?

>the bad guy does not kill you because he's running the APEX tournament, hence the Apex card he drops on you
Except the card was originally meant to lead to a Titanfall 3, not some me too battle royale that EA demanded.

Attached: release dates.png (689x701, 211K)

Am I able to download and launch it without ever having to bother with the origin launcher?

it looks like rocket jumping in TF2

Yeah, this was great. I wish they'd do a follow-up.

TF2 and TF2 both use the Source engine, so it's operating under essentially the same principle.

anyone wanna hop on discord play some titanfall 2 mp

timeshift and not FPS but GUN

Which guns are hitscan?

Source?
On the passion project thing

Damn that's F A S T

all smgs and ARs
Two of the LMGs

post yfw "nowhere to run, nowhere to hide"

Attached: 1548536553450.gif (200x189, 799K)

>Press MB3 to Time Travel

Attached: 1279486594051.jpg (250x341, 69K)

Attached: YEAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHA.gif (487x353, 508K)

this isnt even as fast as defrag or reflex arena race. very unimpressive. sad that zoomers think this is fast. guess they never played tribes 1.

>stim
one button go-fast crutch for slows.
Otherwise solid.

Delete the fucking game, please.

Camping slow piece of shit.
I miss when Spitfire was complete garbage. They really overtuned that shit.

No. Except for holding catching an ejecting pilot in his nuke eject. Although I think that's considered a pure suicide and doesn't give you points.

If you join any game after the start, the losses don't count in your stats. Not that it really matters, but I guess it's a psychological thing to make you more accepting of joining a losing battle.

Unironically watch "The Murder of Titanfall 2". I know, the guy is a fucking fag, but that video really covers everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=eiKwYxwFMfs
The only thing it overstates is the importance that Titanfall 2 discarded XBOX Exclusivity* (*Also available on PC) for true multiplat* (*Not available on WiiU) with little advertising about the fact. This obviously could've only possibly have been an issue for PS4 and PS4 performed the best anyway. Doesn't explain why the game struggled on PC and XBOX as well.

titanfall sucks

No (YOU) suck.

There's always this one faggot every thread "THAT'S NOT REAL FAST PLAY QUAKE/TRIBES/OBSCURE ARENA FPS GAME IT'S SUPER DUPER FASTER" Suck my dick you autist it's a cool webm.

Attached: cranky's advice.png (500x382, 127K)

I am everyday reminded by my coworkers that titanfall died for apex, and I am forever mad.

Was fun but campaign was ridiculously short, I finished in around 4 hours. couldn't find any multilayer lobbies in my area

must be nice to be impressed by literally nothing
guess you think halo 3 was a good AFPS also?

No