The new Link's Awakening looks sterile and Soulless

The new Link's Awakening looks sterile and Soulless

Attached: DzUg8qGVAAEYFXO.jpg (1200x436, 128K)

Game on the left looks like shit.

just like your mother's butt

Old one looks like generic pixelbarf

The original was soulless trash

Got me there, it's pretty shitty.

it's a childrens game, grow up

Links Awakening wasn't that good to begin with

That's the problem! Zelda didn't used to be "wacky kiddy funtime!!!1!!".
Zelda used to take itself seriously as a medieval epic, but then we got Shitward Sword with Clifford the Big Red Bird and the DS games.
Now Zelda is just another Nintendo cashcow.

It looks like a $20 eshop game.

Literally only Adventures of Link felt like a game for anyone in double digits age.

>LttP
>OoT
>MM
>WW
>TP

Zelda used to be a serious franchise.

i think it looks nice and pretty

much like your reddit humor, they're all shitty

Nigger, WW is the most kid friendly one of the main games.

You stab Ganondorf in the skull. Don't let the graphics fool you, the game has its moments.
Also, the entire backstory and ending will go over any kid's head.

I just absolutely hate his eyes. That's it.
They could've used the chibi artwork for reference but they completely missed the mark.

This whole thread is a joke.

You are just too old for video games.

Zelda games are as deep and dark as the player wants

if you want to play OoT without considering the fact that all the people who meet Link as a boy died in the future, you can do it
I played OoT at different stages of my life, and each time I experienced it in a different way

the same is true for all 3D games, even WW, as it may be naive and cartoonish, is heartbreaking when you enter the castle of Hyrule once again at the bottom of the sea

MM is creepy as fuck but it's the same game with the most memorable joke from any other game
>Did you hear about the kidnapping?
>He woke up

WW's artstyle is actually perfect for the game. It's meant to bring to mind anime of the 90s and early 2000s, which is perfect for the tone of the game. It also fits thematically with the idea of the Great Sea taking place over Hyrule, with the ocean inhabitants none the wiser.

All kid shit

Ouch! This is from the Shadow Temple in OoT, what the FUCK is going on here? Is that a whipping post with bloodstains underneath? I'll be damned!

Attached: R9X01aJ.jpg (500x375, 64K)

Why do 3D modelers hate color so fucking much?

Nothing wrong with a bright, colorful game, especially when its a fucking remake of a bright, colorful game. But these people always remove all color from it until its only gray and brown, every single time.

i cant believe that certain games in the same franchise vary in tone! its almost like its trying not to be the same thing over and over again

Nintendo games are for children. That's all there is to it. They're not complex. They're not difficult. They're not interesting. They're designed to be played by children, with the hopes that one day, 20 years from now, those children (now adults, but still very much children) will feel nostalgic for a simpler time. They'll long for the simplicity of Mario 64, or Sunshine. And they'll see the new Mario game and be blinded by this all encompassing nostalgia. They'll be unable to see that they're being milked for cash. Your memory, your childhood, your entire being is being used against you. And you line up, wallets ready, to dump money into every single thing that can make you feel for a few fleeting seconds that you are a child once again.

It's sad, but I suppose understandable. Some choose drugs, some choose religion, some choose Nintendo.

>471853093
no i like it because they are fun. maybe you are gay?

Yeah, but you're talking about Mario, which is more geared towards children.
Games like Zelda, Metroid, Eternal Darkness, and Fire Emblem are also Nintendo, but they have adult elements so they can be enjoyed by older audiences who will pick up on those things (in Eternal Darkness's case, it's rated M).
For the record, Mario and Pokémon can also be enjoyed by adults, due to the presence of soul, but they are created with a more "children first" mentality than the other series I mentioned.

>Nintendo games are for children.

Nintendo game, aimed at ''children'':
>Treats the player with respect
>Tutorials are done through the player experiencing every system in perfect set pieces that convey mechanics better than text boxes
>complete freedom, player has to find things themselves, removing the use of constant arrow-following and making it feel like a world
>every action, like for instance cutting a tree, is done by the player

Rival develoer games aimed at "Adults":
>Pillars of light in the sky to help players find their way
>Compass/minimap to let the player know exactly where to go, wouldn't want them to get lost ;)
>PRESS X TO ROW YOUR BOAT
>every action done by the player is a button press followed by a mini cutscene

Your opinion is worthless in the face of facts. The reality is that Nintendo games are designed with a level of craft than an uneducated juvenile mind cannot comprehend.

Thats why whenever you do a Google search of any "Best Games Ever" list, you'll find that the Top 20 is ALWAYS completely saturated with Nintendo titles.

But you probably can't handle reality and you'll have to make up coping mechanisms to explain to yourself why the world is the way it is.

Attached: 1562982934663.jpg (1223x959, 141K)

Bump