Bethesda are taking your paid games away from your download history. Why the fuck is this now a thing? First Telltale...

Bethesda are taking your paid games away from your download history. Why the fuck is this now a thing? First Telltale, now Bethesda. You cannot redownload your games anymore.

Attached: Doomxblacover.jpg (584x800, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

resetera.com/threads/xbox-bc-people-with-doom-installed-do-not-delete-it-beth-straight-up-yanked-it.131322/
store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-NPUB30808_00-DOOMCOMPLETEPACK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They made a SUPERIOR VERSION so you can play something that they think is better.
Because if it's free-ware then there's no reason to buy it.
>hey people love this old series we fucked up
>re-release it, or not, just scrub all the downloads for it that exist
>maybe we'll make another few sales

I still have the Doom classic collection on PS3, you saying I won't be able to re-download it?

This is what happens when you support buying software you can't hold in your hand.

On Xbox 360 and Xbox One you can't redownload it anymore. They want you to buy the new one. On PS3 it is still up I believe.

>Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 & 2 (360 and Xbone versions)
>Tales from the Borderlands (360 and Xbone versions)
>Doom classic games (360 and Xbone compatible versions)

This is the list of games so far I think where if you failed to download after purchasing, you can never get it (unless you have a friend with an external hard drive and the game installed)

based sony, looking out for their customers

Just like Earthworm Jim HD on 360? (cant redownload it anymore either)

Attached: EarthwormJimHD.jpg (250x300, 53K)

you can still buy it on the 360, just go to your purchase list

Is that even allowed? Can they just remove games you paid for at a whim?

This is like when Ubisoft released Tetris Ultimate (which was ironically a pretty shitty and bland version of Tetris with a ton of bugs and jank) and then proceeded to use their Tetris license remove both Tetris Axis and THE ORIGINAL FUCKING GAME BOY TETRIS from the 3DS eShop, all to force you to spend $30 on their "ultimate" Tetris.

Still makes me seethe to this day. I hate these companies so much. They should never be able to acquire licenses to beloved classic titles, because they will inevitably pull shit like this.

Yes, they can. It's in the TOS for all of these digital stores. You never bought any of these games, only a *license* to *access* them, which can be revoked by the publisher/platform at any time for any reason.

This is why you buy physical when possible, kids.

>This is why you buy physical when possible, kids.
no, this is why you pirate. fuck these developers they dont deserve a cent of my money!

That's nothing. Wait until "games as service" becomes the norm. Then they'll be legally in the right.

Read the ToS of your prefered digital distribution platform. You own nothing. :^)

>imagine being a console niggerfaggot

>imagine only owning a PC

You can't. When I tried Tales from the Borderlands it kept giving an error message. Every other download was working so it wasn't my connection.

resetera.com/threads/xbox-bc-people-with-doom-installed-do-not-delete-it-beth-straight-up-yanked-it.131322/

Oh, they took down Tetris Splash also recently. Fuck digital!

Does Steam revoke games from your library at publisher request?

If I get all of these, is that all the Doom? Any redundancy or reason to get them all? inb4 pirate them no thanks

Attached: D334DD5C-897E-495E-A93A-46E39DE80E11.jpg (750x290, 114K)

Why would you not pirate them? Neither Carmack nor Romero will be getting a time from that sale.

>bethesda blatantly stealing games from customers who paid
>HURR TIME TO BUY THE LATEST VERSION OF DOOM DURRR
kys

Did they fuck with the gog.com versions?

The latest version of Doom is the one that just released today, retard.

>HURRRRRRRR FEED ME MORE SHIT MR.HOWARD I DONT CARE IF YOU TREAT THE CONSUMER LIKE DOG SHIT DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
kys.

Lol ok faggot. Am I supposed to care about your perspective?

>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FEED ME MORE SHIT DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

>imagine being a niggerfaggot and not only owning a console but also play on it

I got my card info stolen but I think that was a fair trade.

The fact that it makes you this angry, makes it even more worth the money. Thanks for adding value to my purchase, user.

SEETHING

>This is why you buy physical when possible, kids.
>when possible
The bane of PC gaming.

Thats how a tos works that you skip through and agree too.

>tfw i bought Doom BFG Edition for 360 1 week ago
>It comes with both Doom 1 & 2
>I installed them on monday for whatever reason
Shit, what are they doing that?

Attached: 0ny0unv.jpg (430x333, 26K)

>put all this effort in backwards compatibility program
>one by one publishers are asking for those games to be taken down so they can sell some overpriced new, inferior version with only local co op

Just don't delete them from storage. Back up to externals especially on Xbox One since backwards compatible games don't install from the disc.

What the fuck is Bethesda doing? Imagine if you needed more space and you deleted one of your games and now this jews don't let you download it again, fuck this industry is going to shit

Attached: 07089780.png (500x416, 105K)

BFG came with censored DOOM 1 & 2

Why do you think they want to move into the digital space and streaming? They don't want you owning games at all anymore. They want you to rent them from them

that's everything. Don't forget to play Doom 64 EX

time to re-download all the games i uninstalled just in case some other company gets hungry for shekels

really? fuck, i remember something similar happen to that Mickey Mouse game on 360 too

store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-NPUB30808_00-DOOMCOMPLETEPACK
If there's any ps3 owner left here, it's your last chance.

I was going to do that but I'll need a good 8 TB of storage for everything and a seperate drive for each console. Plus theb you'll need backups on another drive for redunancy. Fuck this shitty industry.

So we're all pirating this right?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Castle of Illusion? That was relisted and even when it wasn't available previous owners could still download.

Why is Phil letting this happen? I'm literally going to PC if this continues. What's the point building a library when your games are being taken away?

Attached: 220px-Phil_Spencer_Xbox.jpg (220x287, 17K)

>pirating this
For what purpose?

Because it will be eternally his.

> Wasting bandwidth

Wait for someone to upload a 100% walkthrough video and then recreate the game's levels in ZDoom.
> user is only filled with regret after doing so

I have Tales from the Borderlands from ps+ and I can still download just fine, just checked.

Oh nevermind, I didn't read the platforms affected.

literally just pirate them there's a million downloads online and the original creators arent even getting a cent from these sales, if you really want to support ID wait for doom eternal