Mfw a game's economy goes to shit due to a small shitty update

>mfw a game's economy goes to shit due to a small shitty update

Attached: TF2 trade.jpg (458x480, 37K)

How many games even have an economy like TF2 has?

mfw

Attached: 1556916057379.jpg (1125x2097, 185K)

Can someone tell me what the fuck happened?
Because I've asked before today and it just doesn't make any sense.
Did people stockpile hats as a means to invest money like stocks?
I've heard of crazy amounts of money being lost/ made today.
I never was into trading or hats or whatever, I have 630 hours of tf2 and never spent a penny.

Attached: 1376945853828.jpg (1010x1036, 186K)

Good
Fuck tranny fortress 2

Attached: 1562078048308.gif (480x270, 3.78M)

long story short: yeah. unusuals were being dropped 100% of the time with certain crates and their value dropped to the floor. RIP all those traders using unusuals as a bootlegged bitcoin

An update to TF2 made it so certain older crates had a 100% chance to contain an unusual hat. People were buying and opening crates en masse.

>game's economy
do u have any idea how stupid that sounds to someone who doesn't play the game ahahahah wtf were you guys even doing

Attached: 1529643125665.jpg (453x445, 35K)

>update drops, adds a new crate with a Ricardo milos hat and some other shit
>update fucks crates so Crates 1-15, 82, and 85 always give unusuals (some of the most valuable and rare gear, basically hats with particle effects, that people trade for days, weeks, and months to get). Crates skyrocket in price, unusuals drop in price. People are selling crates on market for ~5 bucks a pop, things that used to be shitty garbage items The thing most of the economy works towards is now fucked, valve shut down item server and market, and we are now waiting on what happens next

If you arent familiar with trading, basically it was people trying to outjew eachother to get the rarest unusual hat so they could cash out
Fast forward to today, the breaks got put on the jewery as now none of the hats hold any value, making cashing out give you even less shit due to a bug that allowed crates to grant you a 100% chance of unboxing unusuals

>game
>economy
Jesus fucking Christ.

THE WAR ECONOMY

okay, basically
>bug that lets unusual hats (the super duper rare commodity) be uncrated 100% of the time happens
>fuck loads of people start flooding the market with unusuals
>value of unusuals tanks to $5
>crates skyrocket in price from 3 cents to $10+ PER individual crate
>retarded furfags, ponyfuckers, and jews who invested IN VIRTUAL HATS are bankrupt right now because their hats used to cost hundreds or even more until now
>laughs all around by everyone else

Germany, 1945

this
Fuck Valve, digital distribution, and anyone that pays for digital distribution

Attached: cancer.jpg (945x642, 159K)

Attached: laughing.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

Is it fixed?

And that's a good thing.

>game economy

Attached: 1541808239418.png (1124x1261, 833K)

one of the two guys updating TF2 is gonna get fired. not a good outlook for next halloween update

Attached: 1563033720476.jpg (904x795, 95K)

Old crates that were worth pennies yesterday suddenly were creating unusual grade TF2 hats with a 100% chance (instead of 1%). People who got in early and still had these crates from years ago were able to sell them for $10+ each. The resulting influx of unusual hats (which previously could cost hundreds to thousands of dollars) tanked the prices down to

Attached: tf2-oculus.jpg (960x539, 45K)

>never traded in TF2 before
>laughs in splendid isolation

Attached: Splendid Isolation.jpg (318x159, 11K)

>Valve to fire half of the Team Fortress devteam amid Market Crash

Attached: heavy redford.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Thanks for letting me know. Already got everything I needed.

glad to see my sad scout image is still making the rounds like 6 years later

i love capitalism

I'm glad that you made it. It's the best TF2-related reaction pic.

*tips tinfoil greasy fedora*
GAMERS RISE UP!!!!!!

if we ignore it's a thinly veiled wojak (aka feels guy) picture then yes it is

Damn, got home too late to join in the fun. Had 2 #85 crates and was gonna grab a couple keys to test my luck.

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

>yfw they intentionally crashed it so they could kill the game for good and move on while also cashing out on people flipping their inventory

>TF2 no longer has a dev team
Well, there goes the heavy update

The Crate Depression is upon us...

The economy is actually one of the most important parts of any game with trading and persistent characters.

Attached: firefox_2017-07-31_02-08-23.png (1157x624, 46K)

Well played, user. Well played.

Attached: Bill Cosby white version.jpg (512x512, 43K)

>implying there was one to begin with

All trading sites seem to be blocking their site form being used, and claim that this will only be "temporary"

CARLOS

Everyone outside of here is in full panic mode, the subreddit is deleting any posts mentioning the glitch because it "ruins others' enjoyment of the game"

>mfw a dictator unites the TF2 community to cause the Great Valve War.

Is this divine karma for Valve abandoning tf2?

>muh economy
fuck off retard

No, it's divine karma for faggots trying to make money selling video game items.