Should I play it?

Tomorrow is July 27th, the 30th anniversary of the Mother series. I haven't played a single Mother game but I consistently hear good things about the series. Should I play this and if so, do I need to play the other games in the series that came before it?

Attached: 3.jpg (1548x473, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gWWlRKyYdgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah

Wait for the official release like me

if you want to, 2 and 3 are the only good games in the series and they're both long as fuck, if you're like me you're only going to be playing them through fully once in your lifetime

you ought to play earthbound before you play mother 3. i don't think you need to play mother but it doesn't hurt.

>do I need to play the other games in the series that came before it?
not really, but it'll feel a bit less preachy and pretentious if you do the others first

You'll be dead before it happens. Even if it does happen, it's not going to be a good localization unless they straight up sell the fan translation.

Play Earthbound before Mother 3 or most of it's impact will be lost on you.

Attached: 17945691.png (1000x800, 417K)

Play earthbound first desu. No story connection though.

>No story connection though.

Attached: 1490223499439.png (407x416, 5K)

Don't play it if you have any sort of right wing values.
Skip this trash and play something based and redpilled instead.
Also vote for Trump next year.

Beating Earthbound (Mother 2) beforehand is beneficial, but not strictly necessary.

id play earthbound first. everything makes more sense when you do. I played them back to back 6 months ago and these have to be one of the best games ive played

haven't played the games in quite a while (and mother 3 i only played through once so it's especially fuzzy with that one) what connections between 2 and 3 are there other than Porky

I just played it and enjoyed it. I’m at the Earthbound now and am enjoying it as well.

>that pixel art
Hnnng gets me everytime

Attached: big_mother_3_hippo.png (1024x1024, 22K)

If I recall, it's really just Porky,but that's especially big considering he's the overall antagonist and he drags references to 2 with him. There's also 16 Melodies and A Certain Someone's Memories.
Luckily, as said the games are independent, so you can always change your mindset in whether the game you choose to play later will be a sequel or a prequel, but the impact's in going from 2 to 3.

youtu.be/gWWlRKyYdgs

BROS...

Attached: A1D87BF1-BE57-4166-9F6B-6620A1904554.jpg (500x500, 38K)

there are tons of little references sprinkled throughout. I still think M3 can stand alone as a good game

Bro stop it you’re making me cry again

Attached: 7D8F5A58-CCD9-44E3-899C-E610B64ECE97.gif (500x281, 748K)

Mother 3 can straight up spoil you on tons of shit in Earthbound. Remember New Pork City tower? The movie theater???

someday but not today

Attached: 1562810133373.jpg (1070x750, 640K)