What games are you buying with your Equifax data breach settlement money, Yea Forums?

What games are you buying with your Equifax data breach settlement money, Yea Forums?

I’m getting Shadowbringers and a few months subscription.

Attached: 3095FF97-EE2D-43EE-9F53-38A5B7C05737.jpg (1242x1798, 849K)

Instead of making a shitpost on Yea Forums trying to bait people into talking about whatever unrelated shit you want to talk about, why not just post on any other board?

>2019
>buying video games

Considering I'm only eligible for the base $125 I'll probably get a car or two in gta online.

>expose half of the country to identity theft
>oops sowwie here's $125
Civilizational collapse when?

>settlement money
lmao, the real money was in buying their stock right after the data breach, almost made me wish I was a burger

We need to bring back the guillotine.

Imagine accepting $125 as equivalent exchange for your data. Imagine being worth $125.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (256x406, 14K)

Wow didn't know about this, just ran the check and found out I'm eligible. You just made me $125.

Yeah, but somebody has your information. Is this closing off any ability to sue them?

Equifax also sells identity theft protection services so they're actually making money from their fuck-up I think.

Unironically this.

I don't know. Now I'm thinking I should take the other option, 10 years of free credit monitering. Although they are a bunch of fuck ups so maybe it's worthless.

Could a bong be eligible? Or just burgers only

If he didn't claim it it's the same as admitting you're worthless.

That's nothing, it turned out a major grocery chain here in Canada was pricefixing the bread industry to charge more than they were supposed to, and it was such a massive level of fraud that they just made a website saying "If you have bought bread in the past X number of years then just check this box agreeing to waive your right to sue and we'll send you a $25 gift card." it was such a serious thing they did that you didn't even need to prove it. they just wanted everyone to digitally agree not to sue in exchange for free grocery money.

10 years of free credit monitoring is actually the better deal, the 125$ is a fucking trick. Considering how much of a fucking trap it is to check your credit for some unexplainable reason (hur dur looking at your score hurts your score), having a literal decade is ultimately a fucking steal.

Unless you have an American social security # you're out of luck.

>tfw my data wasn't stolen and I don't get a payout

Why live bros

Wanna trade?

I am not a lawyer but I believe if you sign this settlement then yes you cannot sue them for this specific thing again. If you want to settle for your own amount you would have to sue them yourself.

Just throw in some hours that you changed your passwords and shit. You don't need proof for anything below 10

>accepting a bribe that dictates what your dignity is worth as a human being?
>nah, son. free money.

taken from a shitty company for a lawsuit i wouldn't have had a stake in anyway

Attached: 1537911413734.gif (1045x771, 85K)

what;'s the fucking use if there's gonna be another breach again?

Another breach is meaningless though, my data is already out.

i have no idea if i'm in any computer system i just put in my info and figured i might get free money if my story sounds legitimate

>Burgers have literally put a price on your privacy, security and freedom and that price is $125.
If anyone is stupid enough to opt into this you should be ashamed.

And I would lose, I would imagine. Welp.

Equifax is one of the largest credit data aggregating companies. If you have had a credit card, mortgage, car loan, really any kind of loan with an actual contract you had to sign; then its probably been reported to them and they have your name and information. TransUnion and Experian are the other two large ones. There's also a number of smaller ones that are out there though

Because Yea Forums is a fucking bastion of video game content
Jesus Christ dude

Fuck yeah now I can get three cars thanks bro

Not like you need those suing rights dumbass. They're offering tangible cash in exchange for an intangible promise not to sue them which is great if you weren't planning or able to do that anyway.

huh? you have to give them a sob story to qualify?

you can apparently ask for 8 or 9 hours of compensation for whatever ($25 extra per hour), more than 10 hours you need to give them some kinda proof. but if it's less than 10 you can just say oh i took this many hours calling my banks and canceling fraudulent purchases.

i've had to cancel purchases someone made on my card before so i am not actually lying