Why did Dragon Ball FighterZ die?

Why did Dragon Ball FighterZ die?

Attached: android 21 ribbon.jpg (566x800, 132K)

It wasn't a good fightin game

All the characters feel too samey.

mash 1 button

It's a fighting game

buy 3 characters and just spam

That whole fiasco with the removal of tourneys set off its decline.

when they forgot to add bojack or 13

Just dump the 21 images.

Attached: 1519879765114.jpg (790x1116, 149K)

Nipland hasn't made a decent fighter for a decade. Don't worry, though, based westerners are picking up the slack.

Attached: 1552501298812.jpg (619x346, 84K)

It's a team fighter. Team fighters are exclusively shit.

God I want to fuck Android 21

Because there's literally no reason to not play Bardock/GTku/SSJ Goku

Janemba took too long to come out

Attached: Buu Absorption.jpg (495x733, 81K)

>Why did Dragon Ball FighterZ die?

Character Depth - Lacking. As a result, whenever they nerfed a character it completely ruined entire team causing players to switch teams multiple times in a single year.

Assist Depth - Lacking. There needs to be a minimum of 3 assist choice just like MvC franchise. The lack of options limits you to building team around which assist work with your team comp.

Roster - Gokus. Even as a fighting game, the Dragon Ball brand will still force the Goku meme onto you. Most fighters have a minimum of 1 to 2 clones at most. But in Dragon Ball you'll always get 5 leaving people salty about paying for Season passes that consist of mostly Goku or Vegeta clones.

Combat depth - Limited. Anything some level of depth that went beyond the rules was discovered they patched it off, nerfed the character, removed it completely. They also designed the game for casuals rather than hardcore players. And also using the source material only for Dragon Ball (Z/GT/Super) which limited character options.

Example: Dante from DMC3 has a ton of weapons with a ton of moves to choose from while Goku (Based) is very limited and therefore you get what feels like an incomplete character. Goku (overall) has a ton of moves and could just be made into ONE character with a shit ton of moves.

Attached: 1495067325466.jpg (434x380, 35K)

I dunno, I was playing a ton online last night so I don't know about "dead"

which one? the evil one sounds like she's on the verge of an O at times

Dragon rush is retarded

All. Scientist the most though.

It's a fun game for fans of the dragon ball series.
The mechanics are a bit meh, I love that they have x factor and bar consuming back teleports so you can't abuse it.

The button mashing is a bit annoying and I feel like there's not much skill involved.
Also the rush mechanic kinda ruins the game.
Yes I'm aware that there's multiple ways to counter rush but it still won't stop players from spamming it over and over.

Bamco tried to kill it on purpose because they thought it was taking away attention from their other licensed shovelware.

only good thing about it was the visuals

Attached: 1551472686649.png (885x1200, 1.09M)

I WANNA FUCK TWENTY ONE!!!

Attached: android 21 mourning after.png (852x1096, 1.07M)

It sat in a middle ground where it was a casual fighting game but it was a true blue fighting game nonetheless. It meant established players couldn't stay entertained but casuals were shit on in online just as much as they would in any other real fightan. Given that DBZ fans were mostly in the camp of the latter, that meant a long-standing audience was impossible.

Honestly, the market needs to stop trying to pander for casuals; most of the ones I've seen try to get in the game would not stop mashing their entire controller long enough to instead mash just one button for the autocombo. Any concessions made for them will just ruin fighting games for people who will be playing them for more than 30 minutes.

Attached: 1506025740369.png (1280x720, 1.12M)

It was a generic 2D fighter and Dragonball already has a million of them

but she's 10!

You're damn right she's a 10!

Attached: Majin 21.jpg (1222x1833, 151K)