Is gaming on a Mac viable now or is it still years behind windows?

Is gaming on a Mac viable now or is it still years behind windows?

Attached: 1564122382158.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

Macs run all windows games exactly the same as windows since it runs windows, so its not better or worse its the same.

Khazar Milkers

It's even worse now that GPUs have advanced so much in the last 10 years but Apple still insists on using bargain bin Intel integrated GPUs that have barely improved

>doing literally anything on a Mac

>A gaming Mac is viable the same way as its viable as an option to abort a fetus, I just choose to believe in not doing that because I'm a reasonable person. You read this in my voice because I am superior and you know I'm right.

It's much better for work. Using a macbook is a lot more convenient than using a windows laptop. I can't believe Apple is still the only company that can make decent trackpads.

But then you have a $500 laptop you paid $1500 for.

Do you think he'll ever get the girl bros?

Attached: images.jpg (281x179, 14K)

Can a $500 windows computer run mac os natively? no

>he thinks any laptop is better for work

I've used MacBooks to high end windows laptops and even Linux laptops. They all are the same productivity wise.

just install bootcamp windows.

Apple went to shit in every regard. It's fucking telling when somehow Microsoft is outplaying Mac these days. The price/performance ratio is absolutely the worst it has ever been these days. Unless you want to buy one of the fucking highest models (which are ABSURDLY overpriced), you'd run maybe Factorio and Rimworld, but that is basically it. The technical quality also went to shit. So I would not recommend getting a mac in general these days.

That has been true for long time, but those days are gone. Most other companies caught up with trackpads, and meanwhile Mac has not made a good keyboard in four years: they are all absolute garbage.

Fun fact, my 2014 500 dollars MacBook Air had the same specs than the 1000 dollars 2017 MacBook 12, weighted same, and had better ports and better keyboard. That is the kind of decrease of quality and cost-benefit we have seen with the company over the past five years.

I was talking about convenience, not productivity. Ofc not everyone cares about it and that's okay, but you can't deny that using gestures on a macbook is a lot smoother than dragging around windows with a non-responsive trackpad.

No one uses track pads at work.

>Most other companies caught up with trackpads
Have they? I used an xps 13 recently and the trackpad and keyboard were very bad.

>2014 500 dollars MacBook Air had the same specs than the 1000 dollars 2017 MacBook 12
Well, the 12 isn't exactly the same as the air.

They definitely cost a lot more than other notebooks with similar hardware though. You have to decide if you need better specs or Apple's OS and proprietary chips.

Tons of people do, actually.
That said, a fucking detachable keyboard for Windows Surface Pro has comparable quality of trackpads today, and BETTER keyboard. A fucking tablet now offers more convenience than a god damn MacBook.

At my place no one uses the track pad on the laptop. Everyone uses wireless mice.

>Have they? I used an xps 13 recently and the trackpad and keyboard were very bad.
I've tried like six different notebooks after my MacBook Air kicked the bucket, and yeah. I ended up with a surface pro, and aside from missing the fucking three-finger drag option (which for some god-damn reason Windows simply does not support), it's perfectly fine.

And let me tell you: I got spoiled by MacBooks, and I was absolutely HORRIFIED of the transition.

>Well, the 12 isn't exactly the same as the air.
Yes, it simultaneously both more expensive, and flat out worse in every respect aside from the monitor. And paying 500 bucks for a retina monitor with specs so low it starts to chug when it runs Dusk anyway does not seem like a good deal.

All other Air products were even worse, and more to the point more heavy. Yeah, you could get an Air 13 for the same price with slightly higher specs, but that shit is quite heavy and it still is such a a miniscule improvement in performance it's just not worth it.

The point is, they have made ZERO performance improvement, absolutely fucked the keyboards, and doubled their price over 5 years. It's actuall riddiculous.

I really, REALLY did not want to abandon MacBooks because I had such a good experience with the old Air, but god dammit they pretty much forced me.
And I don't regret at all.

If you have a desk job - maybe. I stay constantly mobile and in case of my work, and obviously pretty much everyone in my area of interests do as well. And in our cases, a mouse is generally a liability.

Every computer, console and smartphone uses the same hardware. A motherboard, a cpu, a gpu, ram and a storage device. All of these parts are outsourced. All cpus in the world are made by either AMD or intel. All GPUs in the world are made by either AMD or Nvidia. For motherboards its Asrock, gigabyte, asus, msi and so on and so on. What gives you big performance in gaming on any computer (console, phone and mac included) are the cpu and the gpu. If you have a good cpu and a good gpu you can play games at high graphical settings with lots of post processing enabled at high framerates and resolutions.
The reason that people say mac are bad at gaming is that it is true. Apple artificially bloats the prices of their products by over 50% of what they're worth. I am not joking. Apple has been robbing their customers for decades.

If you want to know if your shitty mac is good for gaming just find out the cpu and gpu. Go on youtube, type in your gpu's name and the name of a game you want to play. You will get to see how that gpu handles that game. As for the cpu as long as it has decent single core performance and maybe 4-8 cores it should be good enough that you don't need to worry about it. Every other buzzword and feature apple plastered on their box is worthless.

It's already years behind LINUX.

Not that guy but I travel all over the states and never use a trackpad. I've also never even seen someone use a trackpad, even when i was on a project AT Apple.

Gaming on the Mac you're gonna be looking at just normie shit, Steam still has a big catalog for Mac games and the MacOS App Store does too.
Not sure what the Epic Store has to offer apart from Fortnite.

Attached: vpavic_180718_2757_0021.0.jpg (2040x1360, 859K)

lol Linux failed get over it

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

Attached: 1563547018374.jpg (675x638, 65K)