Just recommend me a good game Yea Forums. I have a hard time finding anything...

Just recommend me a good game Yea Forums. I have a hard time finding anything. I love Bloodborne and Dark Souls but played all other Soulsborne games and Sekiro. Love Hollow Knight, Metroids and Castlevania games. Loved both Nier games and all Ico games.

Attached: mosaic624da76fc5b45fd6e8c8657d006646dc4455b11a.jpg (600x600, 96K)

If you like arcadey action and over the top stories, you can't go wrong with the AC series

Attached: 1550024006489.jpg (986x1700, 1.39M)

since you seem to be an atmospherefag like me, play Abe's Oddysee, Exoddus is great too
amazing art style, atmosphere, soundtrack, overall great game

Attached: CAAO0129.png (1171x997, 1.99M)

If you like both Nier games, I can’t imagine there aren’t any games you wouldn’t like.

If you want something with good atmosphere, get Xenoblade Chronicles X. If you want something with good combat, get Kingdom Hearts II, preferably Final Mix if you can, but the original PS2 version is still great.

Based

La Mulana?

Attached: 383046-la-mulana-ps-vita-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 228K)

Lots of games I don't like actually.
Oh, I liked those quite a bit. Even Stranger's Wrath?
How does X compare to the first game? I found the side quests to be really repetetive and tedious. The world design also seemed kind of uncanny and artificial. Just huge areas with monsters randomly sprinkled about. You'd have a city and three meters further a level-nine-billion-dinosaur. I did like the general idea for the setting though and even the story to a degree. Defenitely potential there.

Diablo has a great atmosphere. Very easy to get in to.

same, cant find new games. All the good studios have been shut down due to high costs of development. Industry is taken over by corporations now, that's why every game is either multiplayer/ coop or 'make your own gameplay' like sims, 4x, city builders etc.
No one makes high quality single player games anymore.

You're exaggerating, I can always trust FromSoft and Platinum for example to make a single player game I'll enjoy. Plenty indie games coming out as well, can't wait for Ori, Blasphemous, Silksong, Subverse and Sable at the moment.

from release a game every 3 years, and platinum every 4.

Hard to get a feel on indie games. Sometimes they're great but usually the suck. It's so inconsistent with sucking and being good that a coin flip is better odds at guessing whether it'll be good.

oneshot

Attached: __niko_oneshot_game_drawn_by_jin_ho_park__43bbbae699bd269dadd5bac34a4a0c0f.jpg (1240x1754, 1.82M)

>Hollow Knight, Metroids, Castlevania
Axiom Verge. Pretty fun game heavily inspired by metroid.

>Soulsbourne games
Ys vii. The combat is really snappy and fun.

Attached: Pom_Poko_meme.png (127x117, 30K)

What has From done of note since Bloodborne or Platinum since Wonderful 101?

X is more of an open world game, and unrelated to the first. It's a lot more fun to explore because of the size and beauty of the world. Also, the soundtrack is fantastic. A tip is to swim to Sylvalum, because on how rewarding it feels to get there, especially at night.

Those are similar to what I enjoy. Hollow Knight is my favourite game ever, i'm guessing you play on PC? because platinum's new game for switch looks good.. shame it's exclusive though

Miyazaki did Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro. Platinum did Bayonetta 2 and Nier: Automata.

PC and PS4. I mainly play on PC because I can only emulate games, including ones for Wii U and PS3. I would like to play Astral Chain and Bayonetta 3 but I'm not going to buy a console just for two games.

Environmental Station Alpha is a pretty good Metroidvania, if you can stomach the artstyle.

>but I'm not going to buy a console just for two games.
never understood this mentality. I have friends who consider buying a switch just for pokemon or whatever, but it seems like such a huge waste..

I would but I’ve literally been playing only Hollow Knight for the past week or so. I’m gonna buy Three Houses soon.

Have you played that dark souls knockoff where nobody has a face?

Specter of Torment.

Attached: bestindies.png (899x649, 303K)

bloodstained ritual of the night

Fallout 1/2
Thief I/II
Morrowind
Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Resident Evil Remake/2
Zelda series (ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, WW)
Planescape: Torment
Nocturne/Strange Journey

SMT: Synchronicity Prologue.

Attached: alicevania.png (1366x768, 73K)

>Hollow Knight fan
>Soulsborne fan

You guys are wasting your time; OP won't like anything you recommend it.
It's like recommending seasonal anime to a Cowboy Bebop fan

Immersive sims like Prey or Deus Ex
Dragon's Dogma
Nioh

oh and Ninja Gaiden Black

What a terrible analogy. Cowboy Bebop was at least influential across mediums.
Souls is moneygrabbing low effort dreck and Hollow Knight is just another indievania with half decent level design

OP here and I am a fan of Cowboy Bebop but I also enjoy seasonal anime. Sarazanmai was great and I really enjoyed Dororo, Ekoda-chan, or the new Mob Psycho. Enjoying Vinland Saga and Carole & Tuesday at the moment.

It's strange comparing a classic anime from the 90s to fairly fresh games from this decade anyways.
Played all of those besides the SMT games, maybe I should get on to those.
Won't lie, the graphics are the main elements keeping me away from this.

>recommending nocturn/sj
>op lists arpgs and platformers

Attached: 1303598814717.jpg (435x338, 47K)

Yo play Monster Hunter World

Fallout 3, BioShock Infinite, Dark Souls II
THE Yea Forums HOLY TRINITY

Attached: 1564104388255m.jpg (1024x576, 32K)

Soulsborne and Hollow Knight fans despise every videogame that isn't a Soulsborne or Hollow Knight game. In the same vein Cowboy Bebop fans usually hate anime.
That's why I compared both and think this thread is a waste of time.

Dark Souls II is unironically better than III.

But I even mentioned several other games in that same post.

Yikes dude.
I'm a pretty big fan of soulsborne, but that's simply not true.

Because you're pretending. You know that people will see through you so you threw some token games to not look like a Soulshollow psycho

It's true and you know it. That's why when someone asks for recs I ask them first if they're Soulsborne fans.

Based on your game selection, dragons dogma. Trust me on this.

AC4/5/0 YEAAAAH

6 is good fun but dire voice acting and plot
7 is horrific action, and a drone fest.
Horizon is dog poo

Shut the fuck up nigger, you don't know me. Someone who's into souls might love games with exploration and good level design, hard action games (not the dial-a-combo type though), or third person ARPGs. And I know plenty of games in each category that can fit.

>Hollow Knight / Soulsborne fan
I know you well enough. I can picture you spitting at all the games posted in this thread, complaining about Yea Forums trying to trick you into playing shit.

Just wait for Silksong, or try a new build on Dark Souls 1. Don't waste our time and yours.

>games with exploration and good level design
Pick any good immersive sim.
BotW.
>hard action games (not the dial-a-combo type though)
Ninja Gaiden games, namely Black.
>third person ARPGs
Dragon's Dogma and Nioh, to name a couple.

Nioh is garbage
- Shit level design
- No lore
- Diablo loot.
- No unique equipment
- Instead of becoming skilled, you can just grind good equipment to win
- Only ten enemy types in the entire game
- Recycled levels up the ass
- Only three map types: Japanese village, Japanese forest, Japanese castle
-Can be easily cheesed with Sloth and spamming spear

It's easily one of the worst Souls clone made.