No HP bar on enemy

>No HP bar on enemy
>'Loot' consists of useless items
>rest every 20 min
>Party dying or 'fatigued' after every other fight
>have to learn rules of a tabletop game to make sense of this game's mechanics
>slow as shit
>90% of the side areas have enemies above your level
Is there any reason to complete this shit game?

Attached: cce00d24303e4e41f906b6ef6388b21d5b69460a.jpg (616x353, 53K)

>Is there any reason to complete this shit game?
Sex with Semen Demon twins. Otherwise, no.

Attached: 1559892857693.png (1666x890, 960K)

Obvious bait but hey whatever

>No HP bar on enemy
Tab shows you their health in a circular bar, at least on normal and challenging. Also inspecting should always show health amount.
True and is a big issue with the unity engine. It all adds up to .json files that end up bloating your savefile to hundreds of mbs which slows down saving. Better get a cleaning mod so you can remove all that useless loot. Same shit happened in Pillars of Eternity. There's this one area where you have a massive battle and the amount of useless loot amounts up to around 20 mb in your savefile, which is like third of the total size if you didn't clean up before.
>rest every 20 min
Stop using all your spells in a single fight. Use potions and scrolls.
>Party dying or 'fatigued' after every other fight
How the fuck do you get fatigued after every fight? You're either gonna have to be a barbarian to get that or get hit by a spells that don't appear until late game.
The game explains them pretty well. The only mechanics that are poorly explained are flat-flooted and how to counter concealment.
>slow as shit
True but it's a CRPG, best one since BG2. I'm like 90 hours in and still not done with the game.
>90% of the side areas have enemies above your level
Only in the beginning. Devs should've put the high level stuff a bit further from your starting location. After around level 3 it gets much more bearable.

Attached: 1508912394758.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Shoo zoomzoom

Sounds like Story Mode would be more your speed.
>The damage you suffer from enemies and traps is reduced by 80%. Enemies have significantly decreased power and cannot critically hit you.
>Your character will not die after suffering a deadly injury. Instead, they'll fall unconscious until the end of the battle.
>If all your characters fall unconscious, the game is over.

You are replying to a literal zoomer, stop giving him (You)s

not every one is a dnd playing incel

>>No HP bar on enemy
So you didn't even open up your settings?
>>'Loot' consists of useless items
You can sell anything "useless", if you use the crafting mod it's even better.
>>rest every 20 min
That's how games based on D&D play like, stuff like BG or NWN was rest every two minutes so this is a net gain.
>>Party dying
So you're bad at the game
>or 'fatigued' after every other fight
It's impossible to get permanent fatigue in a dungeon, not even in the lengthier ones.
>>have to learn rules of a tabletop game to make sense of this game's mechanics
Gee, it's almost as if this is a game based on a TT game.
% of the side areas have enemies above your level
You can kill pretty much everything available to you with tactics and magic, the game actually gatekeeps you from shit that you can't beat, so everything you do have access to can be beaten at any point in the game, outside maybe a few rare exceptions like the Ferocious Devourer in the northern Narlmarches which is indeed unbeatable until level 12 or so at higher difficulties.

>no HP bar
unless you disabled it there is one
Sometimes yeah. A couple broken shortswords are just a more flavorful way of giving you gold, nothing wrong with that.
>rest every 20 mins
youre crutching too hard on buffs
>party dying or fatigued after every other fight
Pathfinder is simply a high lethality setting for both players and enemies. I dont see the problem here? Difficulty is super customizable
>have to learn the rules of a tabletop game
well its a port of the system so yes? 95% of pathfinder rules/systems/options arent in the game anyway
>slow as shit
???
>side areas have enemies above your level
same as previous difficulty complaints. Its fine for a world to not magically adjust to your specific character. LInnorms exist whether youre level 1 or 20 in setting.

Its main fault is that all of those things make the game boring as fuck.

Hey can we not do the XIV thing of shitposting about their game to start a thread?

Anyway, has anybody played with thrown weapons and iterative attacks? I see that thrown stuff like javelin will magically return to you at the end of the round but does this work with iterative attacks too? AFAIK quickdraw isnt in Kingmaker

30 hours in and have not seen a single thrown weapon.
Or a goddamn sling which i wanted to use.
And every type of mage is stuck with a fucking crossbow.

Sling isnt in, but Javelin is definitely available and I think throwing axe is as well.
Whats the issue with mages using crossbows?

>Hey can we not do the XIV thing of shitposting about their game to start a thread?
>no shitpost to start the thread
>page 10; 0 replies in 10 minutes
>shitpost to start the thread
>page 1; 400+ posts
No other way I'm afraid.

I once tried a Javelin focused Scion/Dragon Disciple build, Javelins aren't too hot I guess, mostly because most javelins are kinda shit, if you had better weapons they wouldn't be a problem, the crafting mod helps with this.
And yeah, there's no ammo problems in Kingmaker so javelins, darts and the likes can be thrown indefinitely, luckily, problem is, they generally suck compared to proper DEX based ranged weapons in the hands of a ranger.

wow, that hit home
I was able to finish NWN without any understanding of the TT rules, get literally good

Loot in DnD-based games was never like in other RPG's

Agreed. There are throwing weapons but they don't appear until chapter 2 or 3. There are also slingstaves that require a proficiency to use them, making them useless too. But nothing wrong with a mage thief using bows, sneak attack is hella overpowered anyway.

I was thinking an Inquisitor or Slayer to get juicy bonuses to damage and just throw a billion spears a round. I doubt it will compete with bows but could be more fun

Play pillars instead its a better game

bad bugged game with shit combat and terrible mechanics
and this comming from someone who plays D&D since the launch of 3.0ed

but PF is a better system than D&D
especially 5e

Ranged inquisitor is ass, no matter the weapon used. Like, one of the things that elevates the class is the teamwork feats working solo and you get the most mileage in melee, close or reach.

Slayer can work since you bypass feat requirements and have the extra sneak attack dice and studying works from a distance, so you are ok

Slayer will be better than inquisitor since you get sneak attack damage on your throws, so yeah, it will probably be better than what I've used due to the stacks on Sneak Attack+Studied enemy bonuses, I still don't think it's even remotely enough to compete with a ranger using a longbow, but those are admittedly high end bullshit.

Again, the big problem is that there's virtually no javelin for a big part of the game, you need to hunt down the skeletal salesman in specific regions to get the Javelins he sells, meanwhile a Ranger gets stupid shit like Eater of Metal as early as Act 2.

I think you might want to go back to AAA lootbox titles. Trying to learn real RPG mechanics is for people who aren't total retards.

Did they ever manage to make the kingdom management fun? I gave up like 10 pages after the game was released.
It's a fucking power fantasy about having your own barony and they somehow made it as interesting as being some idiot in middle management.

It's very fun and balanced now
as long as you savescum

yeah I'm not a fan of playing pure bow builds because they just feel kinda cheesey in pathfinder.

Hopefully Owlcat's next game has some crafting additions to better balance weapons, although nothing will really compete with a named drop at level anyway

The simulation in itself is very simple and mostly feeds in itself with few rare cases, so no.
It's more of an extra Roleplaying opportunity and NPC characterization.

The faster loading screens, better sorting, better adjustment of timelimits and Effortless difficulty help make it easier to manage

Attached: 1550309839566.png (1920x1080, 2.9M)

Crafting in Pathfinder is something you kinda have to build into, though.

You could always play Archerdin. No feat bypassing, less feats in general so you have to make it count and RANGED SMITE EVIL for the occasional fun.
Though a Paladin would work with javelins too, you could make even a masterwork one decent with Weapon Bond till you star getting a few good ones.

I'm fine with named drops living up to their names, the problem is when certain weapon categories get ungodly amounts of named drops at any part of the game while other things get a big middle finger, making entire weapon categories subpar.
If crafting was a thing it wouldn't be that much of a problem since a +5 crafted weapon wouldn't be that worse off a +5 named weapon, problem is that until it was modded in, there was no crafting at all, for no good reason I have to say.

Take your own example, why would you want to spec into a javelin slayer for ranged damage when even a bow slayer will vastely outperform the javelin slayer at any point of the game and be actually viable from the start of the game instead of needing to wait some 30/40 hours to simply get going?

Rather than having to make dedicated crafting builds or a substandard crafting system that needs just resources, they should have made better use of the artisan system. Aside from their gifts, for the weapons/armor of their expertise, they should be able to add an enhancement or two per equipment piece. The level of enhancements you can add would depend on your kingdom stats and if you have upgraded their lab too(kinda how Scroll seller they added gets more shit wth moe arcane ranks you have)

Thats true, but even just craft wondrous item can do a lot on a cleric