Metroidvania Thread

Post your favourite games. Recommend and rate others taste.

Attached: 1563374793122.jpg (724x1024, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iai7n4jmMes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I played darksouls
and I started metroid 1
I think I have the whole map that is from spawn to all the elevators
but I am drawing I think brinstar depths or something, but its getting hard some of these enemies are brutal
I think metroid 1 would have to be my favourite cause I think its the only one ive played

prefer igavania's

what are those?

>Probably only played one
>Calls Metroid 1 his favorite.
Give it some time, user.

Attached: 9D655B21-BFD3-4241-9562-5C298705A327.png (750x750, 343K)

Ignore that faggot.

Sequel never ever.

Attached: 0b661434835659de7a2f09996407cc41becc1ca3.jpg (616x353, 56K)

I bought a switch for prime 4, I got to play the opening of prime 1 when I was really little when my older brothers friend brought his gamecube over and even though I was never able to get my hands on a metroid ever again that opening has stuck with me into adulthood and now is my chance to get into the franchise

Sell me on this game

Monster Boy on steam lads.

VS arguably has the best combat system out of all the metroidvanias.

Metroid 2 is my favorite.

Im a dmc fag so I might like it

Best combat system in the genre with dash cancels, combo system and cool skills.
The game rewards you for flawless execution on bosses with actually meaningful star bonuses and skill points, giving you incentives to git gud.
Every build is viable and no build is obsolete among 4 characters.
Actual metroidvania and not non-linear platformer with optional backtracking like most "metroidvanias" are.

What do we think of this new one that just got announced?
youtube.com/watch?v=iai7n4jmMes

Feels like the combat is way too fluid to be real if not extremely simplified.

So it’s a 2D Mirror’s Edge. I couldn’t help but notice just how stretched out the platforms were to accommodate the movement system (which looks like it’s gonna be a bitch to master).

ESA.

It's a good Super Metroid style game with nice grapple physics that turns into La Mulana puzzle solving for the post game to unlock all the secret endings.

Attached: environmental station alpha.gif (319x239, 861K)

Reminds me of Prince of Persia or Flashback, one of those cinematic platformers with rotoscoping

I think I'll give am2r another playthrough.

The same thing but with tacked on experience points that serve no real purpose.

I wouldn't really call that a metroidvania.

ah it has like RPG progression and leveling

Reccomend me a good switch one please!

Attached: b72b1d13e17d2e380bdaec38992fae5c1ee101ca.jpg (3168x1923, 1.93M)

rsain worl

I really have to play this

The eternal debate.

Attached: Bloodstainedvshollowknight.png (486x1344, 1.2M)

>Implying Bloodstained is better than any other Castlevania

As a guy who is playing Bloodstained right and i just beat that fucking piss easy (like everyone so far) boss that gives you the double jump
Hollow Knight >>> Bloodstained.

Attached: 1544523438452.png (1132x632, 1.01M)

Igavanias feel cheap.
Just the fact that you can grind for broken abilities or stats instead of gaining them through exploration or clever use of your skills feel so so cheap.

Its still a good game. It could have been way worse

based Femtrap poster

Is Hollow Knight worth playing through?
I only played until I beat the second boss, didn't get around to continuing.
People ranted about how overrated and shit it "actually" is in another thread.

Attached: 1539288655559.jpg (1600x900, 232K)

>People ranted about how overrated and shit it "actually" is in another thread.
And what are the arguments?

It's much more platforming heavy compared to Metroid but it's worth it.

I have entered this thread for the sole purpose of finding someone who complains about the map, and reminding them that the map isn't meant to replace your own natural pathfinding skills, and you're meant to navigate mostly on your own instead of relying on a crutch.
... aw, there isn't any :(

map sux

based

It's pretty good, but I kinda dislike how the endgame is devoid of any progression other than killing harder bosses without any upgrades.

Yeah, upgrades were pretty sparse, which I think was a result of his "no drops" design decision.

just played through the last three in a row.
Enjoyed all of them, but Half Genie Hero kind of overdid it with the amount of upgrades compared to the rest of the content.

You have to backtrack to the same levels countless times and there are a few upgrades, which even when trying to get 100% are only used once (and never in a normal playthrough)

Attached: 1378367203-shantae-half-genie-hero-concept-key-art.jpg (1024x576, 149K)

Played Hollow Knight at the beginning of the year and now real fucking excited for Silksong.
Beat Bloodstained. It's A+ and just a good-ass game with admittedly some polish problems. I need to go back and play SotN though. I think I got to the Cathedral and then had to stop because I didn't know where to go.

Been getting the urge to play through the Prime games again though. Really fucking wish those games were on Switch. Also still need to finish Super Metroid.

Why not both though?

I don't spend energy on remembering details.

Because Barry got bored of KH3 and FF

Cock sucker

Anyone else play Core of Innocence?

Not really

Fuck off then

What about Wonder Boy

I feel so burned out i don't want to grind out the speedrun route till i get consistent.

Also pantheon of hallownest seems cancerous

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (972x399, 347K)