What is it about Counter Strike that makes it so popular among normalfags

What is it about Counter Strike that makes it so popular among normalfags.

Attached: 1559087922761.webm (1920x1080, 2.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-_TpTL4t4K4
youtube.com/watch?v=L1QE6ogmSkw
yuki.la/v/268082840#p268088596
youtube.com/watch?v=yyvTH_6gLUo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mad cus bad

minimal advanced movement mechanics
rng bullets so even shitters can get kills sometimes
convoluted aiming system that makes people feel skilled when they figure it out
team based so shitters can be carried
hat crates for gambling addicts and hoarders

What is it about Counter Strike that makes it so popular among normalfags.

use question marks nigger

its literally free to play
nothing attracts more cancer than that, you cant prove me wrong

20 years of it being runnable on a toaster and cheap

1.6, CSS, and CSGO before december last year were all extremely popular though, and none of them were free to play.

stay mad arenacucks.

It's just volatile enough to feel like you can do things even if you're bad.
When you start to get good it is extremely rewarding.
Clutch situations are exhilarating but uncommon enough that it doesn't get overwhelming or tiring.

Its team gameplay, this was the primary reason cited for the game's community gaining steam over Q3.

arena what?
you mean quake arena? is that shit even alive? i dont even play multiplayer FPS on PC you fucking retard

sbpb

this game and r6s are excellent examples of games that make you feel like a good player even if you're shit. there's so little actual mechanical skill/reaction time involved that you can chalk up losses to RNG/bad strategizing rather than a mechanical failure or lack of skill on your part. when you do well, it feels good enough that you won't chalk it up to getting lucky yourself or the opponent just being stupid.

add cosmetics on top of it and you have a recipe for a successful modern day shooter that appeases the lowest common denominator: people who wanna shoot at moving targets to win but aren't willing to put in the time or effort into actually gitting gud before they get a chance to pop off

lmao old/v/ have cs servers and now you are hating it xd.

It's popular based on the old renditions that didn't suck.

i must put shit

You have been making this thread for days.
Go outside.

Betting.

This. Crates for gambling addicts, easy to get into, """""""difficult"""""""" to master, casual as fuck gunplay, quick matches so you aren't sitting around doing nothing for long periods of time like in R6S. Also you can say nigger in chat and not get banned for it.

Filled with hackers, though.

Stay mad fortnite schizo. Also please stop bringing quake into this you weren’t even alive in the 90s

t.silver

Is CS even a normalfag game at this point? I think battle royales and COD / battlefield took the reigns long ago.

t. i don't play these garbage games

GO isn't really counter strike in my oldfag opinion. 1.6 and Source didn't really have a big competitive scene, especially compared to now. I remember just fucking around in 1.6 and Source with surf maps mostly and just playing the game in the custom browser. It was just a game to play with friends for a little bit. GO doesn't even feel like a CS game.

>Nobody can even answer the question
lmao

i think thats when the game wasnt free to play and the god awful microstrasaction havent started yet
youtu.be/-_TpTL4t4K4

mmm look at all that strafing

don't bother Yea Forums hates old cs now.

>1.6 didn't have a big competitive scene
it was one of the biggest competitive e-sports on the PC in the 2000s, what are you talking about?

Because you are encouraged to stay still to shoot

arena shooter you dumb turd
what are you even doing on Yea Forums

Because it isn't as barebones and outdated garbage like Quake but at the same time not nearly as bad CoD (well now it'd be fortnite or some BR). The one thing quakefags don't understand is that their sub-genre is unpopular largely due to the fact that it has less depth that call of duty, they don't understand this and think that because it has a high skill ceiling therefore it's a good game.

>bullets don't go center of crosshair

I'm pretty sure that filters CS out of normie rotation immediately.

youtube.com/watch?v=L1QE6ogmSkw

Attached: 1563942479485.jpg (721x705, 126K)

>you need to play my niche game to be allowed on whatever is left of Yea Forums
lmao faggot

It's aesthetics are grounded instead of being freakshit

Don't most normies turn on crosshair spread?

So he’s right. You’re just a silver.

What is it about your autism that makes you repost the same thread over and over?

>CS:GO
Hmm Quake is too difficult. What if we...
>slow the game down
>nerf movement
>make the game team based
>make the game round based
>remove all the pickups
>allow players to buy the weapons
>remove projectile weapons
>make TTK so short that anyone can frag if given enough luck
POPULAR GAME!

And then the cycle always continued from card games to battle royales. In an attempt of trying to invent a product that as many people as possible can consume.

Twenty years of the series that turned skill based FPS games into crouch+shoot hitscan weapons with le epic headshots. The fortnite of its time.

CSbabies still can't refute this.yuki.la/v/268082840#p268088596
Your game was always hated.

Attached: file.png (761x375, 91K)

Two people did though.
Is silver the lowest rank in these games? It has to be copper or some shit, right?

mental illness.

you didnt shoot the head retard. stay butthurt slavscum

quakefags don't belong on Yea Forums.

Crates and 2Dimensional gameplay. I wish Valve had made it more like 1.6, it could've been so much better.

The competitive CS scene was always there. Remember all the people with clan tags in your pubs and all the passworded servers?

The big difference was that casual play then was on casual play servers and not a matchmaking version of competitive play.

based

>"""""""difficult""""""""

maximum damage control,
every. fucking. thread.

Attached: tumblr_inline_njk0edgLrn1qi9cui.gif (170x199, 1.24M)

i think he means that its competitive scene wasn't in the same scale as it is now, it was one of the biggest if not the biggest competitive scene but it was inifinetly smaller to what it is now

I remember going on IRC "5n5 on nuke" and getting like 20 massages. I also remember getting my ass besten by hackers like 80% of the time. I also remember watching YouTube videos and demos of ESL Matches, later Livestreams. I thinks both 1.6 and CSS were played competitively all the time, there was way less dosh to make though.

I miss those times.

Attached: 1552115483503.jpg (500x426, 10K)

Does anybody have any idea how fucking old this WEBM is and how bait this thread is? It's so old it has the old CT models, it's so old it's before they updated the hitboxes. ITS SO FUCKING OLD, that it's back when god damn operation wildfire was out. This motherfucking WEBM is from 2016 and people are still posting it criticizing csgo in shitting bait threads like this one.

Attached: 1557085701242.jpg (480x473, 19K)

The people browsing here are not of sound mind. The person that posted that was probably five years old in 2005.

i thought Yea Forums loved cs 1.6 and beta cs.

good thing i realize i suck at CS

Nobody is gonna switch to your game, just cause you're shilling on Yea Forums, Tim, you shithead.

Attached: tumblr_nj19c557T31slfgsvo1_1280.jpg (596x617, 62K)

>2016 is somehow WOW SO FUCKING OLD
Fuck the hell off back to r*ddit, newfaggot.

On a side note, one-tapping is not recommended in GO, because unlike 1.6 the first shot is not a guaranteed 100% hit. It's a gamble. Firing at least two shots is better.

Tim Willits was fired

you can't have unironically halo and cod threads while shitting on old cs and pretending to be arena players.
you are not fooling ayone.

Easy to get into, fun regardless of skill level, is deep and complex that you can only improve.

ez
simple to understand
"shoot terrorist
gunsz"

in halo and cod the bullets go where you aim them

i don't play halo or cod but i can understand how someone could like those but dislike cs

Most of Yea Forums was born after the last good arena shooters came out (99)

>t. just holds left click
Halo games and later COD games were designed for consoles, where tapping your shots is much harder than it is on PC.

>unlike 1.6 the first shot is not a guaranteed 100% hit. It's a gamble
1.6 had it too. It's intentional design to make firearms and not railguns.
youtube.com/watch?v=yyvTH_6gLUo

why did they fuck csgo so badly compared to source? at least in source your bullets go where you aim

The 5v5 team based mode is built-in ego protection, too. You can always blame your team or luck if you lose, but feel like you contributed to the win if you won.

In source hitboxes are almost twice bigger so any quaker can land headshots.

i don't know what you're implying. spread in CSGO is not strictly related to recoil, it's impacted by movement as well. halo and cod don't have that "hidden spread" thing, so they're very different games from cs in that they're more straightforward and accessible. like i said, i don't play any of these games, but i can see the differences between halo/cod and cs and i can see why someone who likes halo/cod might dislike cs.

source also has fucked up lag compensation so you can shoot behind someone and still get an instant kill headshot.

cl_interp

What is with the battle between counter-strike and quake recently?

obviously csgo is garbage but which is better 1.6 or source? I feel the hl1 engine is a bit outdated last time I tried 1.6 I couldn't get my FPS above 100 (using 240hz)

Just some autistic arenafags stirring up shit for fun.

I'm one of them.

quakeniggers can't let it go.

I don't know, the truth of the matter is qc killed quake, not cs

the last good quake game was the third which came out before CS existed, of course the franchise is dead when qc flopped so hard (it's a really awful game)

but q3/ql > cs

cs 1.6 > quake.

>this kills the cs baby

are you retarded newfriend? do you know how many updates happen in 3 years that completely change how the game is played? stick to RTCW grandpa

Imagine if you play overwatch, but the meta and team work is based around tactic, map knowledge and person skill rather then stuipid one button ult combos and forced Tank-heal-DD shit from 2000 MMORPG

pathetic

Champions is pretty good though.

>Imagine if you play overwatch
I'd rather not

Attached: Quake Champions (1).webm (852x480, 2.96M)

>Champions is pretty good though.
not really, Diabotical will replace it for sure

Why are R6S? What's RNG about it?

you didn't answer my questions.

>this standard kill is considered worthy of a webm
jesus

Stop whining faggot.

Attached: Quake Champions Tox Jump Rail.webm (960x540, 712K)

do you really think these are good plays? quake is literally trash

except you have posters saying cs was never good and that it killed fps.

>800 ms reaction time
>aims slightly down and to the right, basically already pre-aiming target
>not even a kill
try again

stay mad loser

Attached: Quake Champions Nyx Pummel.webm (960x540, 1.24M)

how is quake a good game again?

>look up hold m1
even pyro in tf2 is harder

>Imagine if you play overwatch
lmfao no thank you

its a simple game that everyone can get into yet has high skillcap. also lootboxes and shit.