Now that the final DLC episode is out, I think we can all agree

this isn't merely a bad game, it's the worst Assassin's Creed to date. What went so horribly wrong?!

Attached: Assassin's Creed Odyssey.jpg (350x459, 59K)

ass creed lore is far better than the series its stuck in. its a damn shame nobody will be able to rip it off and do it justice without well... being a rip off

The grind is arse, as is the level system at all, but counter intuitively, it's the best assassining game since Rogue. Actually investigating targets was great.

playing the game is fun. combat is fun. the environments are beautiful. the writing is supreme shit though. both dlc's have managed to be progressively worse in terms of writing. fate of atlantis is so disgustingly bad that the writing makes playing the game unfun too. base game is fine though, although origins is better.

What the heck were they thinking with the modern day? I wish I was playing as Desmond again instead of Layla Hassan

Just remove the modern day garbage

How big is the game now all the DLC is out?

I couldn't update it a few DLCs back because it wouldn't fit on my SSD, but when I tried to transfer it just deleted everything, so I gave up and never played it.

modern day was only ever good in ac1, 2 and brotherhood.

they aren't (thinking)
all the Layla shit is just to rez Desmond, kill Layla and change the past (not in that order)
135gb in my ps4

I played for about an hour, then I realized I actually didn't want to play Origins again
good thing I pirated it

well you will be playing as otso berg next game at least

>playing as Bergbro
don't play with my heart man

The writing has never been great in AC games. But god this game and especially the Atlantis DLCs have dogshit writers.

What? Odyssey Is literally the only AC that is worth playing since Black Flag, you massive faggot.

>no Rhodes
fucking why?
Curious way to name Origins

I normally try to purge all the modern stuff from my mind, but man, I'm very okay with that. Along with the other modern rogue assassin who Desmond killed in 3.

Odyssey > Origins
But the latter did feel more put together somehow.

>GOD TIER
2, Rogue, Revelations
>GREAT TIER
Brotherhood, 1, BF, Unity
>GOOD
>MEH
Origins
>SHIT
odyssey, Syndicate

Attached: 1537998353922.gif (260x281, 178K)

I never understood how people had to grind in this game, I was never once underleveled, and once you get poison arrows combat becomes trivial, even with enemies way above your level. In Origins if something is too many levels above you, you're not even allowed to damage it.
I mean, I actually played the whole game unarmed and non-lethally wherever it was possible, only using poison arrows to weaken enemies before using non-lethal arrows on them, and still never had a problem.

bows are easy-mode in Odyssey

its pretty obvious if you played the dlc and listened to the leaks. Jason Schrier might be a jackass but he's pretty reliable in terms of videogame leaks. He said the next AC will be vikings. Otso has a viking ancestor, we already know this from side media. They also made sure to only show him incapacitated rather than killed, so... yeah. Layla will probably be turned into a villain.

>rogue higher than ass pirates
>3 good

Same. But only because I compulsively explored and did everything for all the pretty Greek stuff. If it wasn't something I enjoyed, it'd be grind. Like, if you wanted to just fly through the story, you'd end up sidetracked a lot to try and lvl.
Plus, you still have the problem of not doing damage on anything with a bigger number above their head. Hell, I was just hunting a pig that was two levels below and i couldn't scratch it.

It's a shame people eat this game and monetization structure up, because it means the next game will be even worse in that regard.

I already know with 100% certainty that I won't be playing any new AC games because they're just horribly designed games that push terrible monetization even further.

Attached: 1454302594250.gif (257x212, 2.91M)

That they killed the main villian of the series in a comic book and never showed it in the games.

i can't believe it tops 3 as the worst AC game

>I never understood how people had to grind in this game

Because unless you keep doing the awful side-content over and over and over and over in-between all the main content you will have to grind to not make playing the game a slog.

The game is intentionally designed to be more of a slog than it needs to be to incentivize players buying "time savers" from the store and shit.

Attached: 1434801453567.jpg (500x500, 17K)

>he doesn't do every possible sidequest in an rpg
If you're so exp starved from rushing use cheat engine.

William Miles?

Seeing that Gods and Monsters game they are making about Greek gods, it's obvious they just wanted to make not-God of War than an Assassins Creed game.

No, Juno.

God damn everything.

>>he doesn't do every possible sidequest in an rpg

I do side-content if it's enjoyable. Not if it's absolute shit.
I don't have a mental disorder where I have to cross everything off on a list. So I only play things that are well-designed.

>use cheat engine.

Funny you say that since Ubisoft blew a gasket when they found out people made custom missions that gave them easy XP (because they want people to buy their "timesavers").

Again, if the actual side-content wasn't complete shit that could've made the excessive grind less of a slog. But it isn't.
Also even with you being on-level or a bit above enemies they will still be damage sponges. This is to feed into the loop of them wanting you to upgrade to the best possible weapons (which falls into another horrible design problem, with the main reason being them wanting you to spend money on their storefront to circumvent it... or grind).

They're flat out applying mobile game monetization design in a full-priced game that also has a season pass and multiplte silver, gold, whatever editions.
Compeltely unaccaptable.

play rpg
>don't do any sidequests

Attached: 1561600208147.jpg (462x377, 56K)

don't worry, Aletheia will be revealed as evil soon

I never repeated any content, I don't think I ever even did any of those bulletin board missions or whatever those were, just did all the sidequests as I found them, explored and cleared enemy camps when I found them.

I realize the game is designed to make you pay for shit, I pirated it so I've always wondered if that had something to do with the fact I never felt like I wasnt leveling fast enough, like if they increased the EXP rate in the pirated version or something.

>play game
>don't play shitty side content
Yes, shocking isn't it. What a novel idea.

Jesus christ this game caused a huge fucking divide didn't it.

What reason would they have for bringing back Desmond? Both the people in-game and the devs.

besides the story its good
especially the combat and the homestead part of the game

People who say Rogue is better than BF are clinically fucking retarded.

>havent played an assassins creed game since black flag, decide to pick up odyssey gold edition
>slog through the boredom inducing initial island
>get told i can finally leave, kinda excited to finally be able to check things out
>venture through the world, go do some story missions
>the combat is some new retarded system that fucking sucks and doesnt fit assassins creed
>the game forces you to grind for no reason just to get "muh levilz!"
>each area blends in with the previous one
>most of the greek islands arent worth even taking a peek at
>most of the towns suck
>the story never gets interesting
>the only redeeming quality was the fact that kassandra wasnt an eye sore and wasnt a faggot like my guy character

one of the biggest cases of buyer's remorse i've had in the past few years

something about being half-Isu thanks to 3's fuckery

Before they forget and do another comic book kill when they can be bothered. Must be some Bioware staff at Ubi now.

>slog through the boredom inducing initial island
I won't contest your other points, but it boggles my mind that people spend more than twenty minutes on the first island.

it was my first AC game in a long time and i desperately wanted it to be good
i thought we were going to have the usual controls and system and all from the games i was used to, just in a newer game, and in greece. which would have been cool as shit
but somehow they managed to shit it up so bad... i heard it got to be like this when origins hit, thank god i didnt buy it with odyssey

That's fine. But there's only like four things you are required to do on the first island.

>the combat is some new retarded system that fucking sucks and doesnt fit assassins creed
luring npcs to high places and kicking them off for a cheap instant kill scratches my dark messiah itch

Attached: 1564026011472.png (642x640, 825K)

yeah i got off the initial island without difficulty, but i was just so bored the entire time. there was absolutely nothing there to keep pulling me in

Man, that Spartan kick is the best thing in quite a long time.
Punting bears into the sea makes up for a lot of the problems with the game.

you could do that in the old games too

Normally I would do all the side quests but the Odyssey ones are all copy pastes where you do the same thing over and over again.

That was a boring automatic ledge finisher attack, it's not as satisfying. The closest feeling I got to this in the old games was using rope darts to hang people.

Not like this. You could grab and throw people, which was handy, but not as satisfying as boot to the head.

Attached: MaleClassicKid-poster[1].jpg (320x240, 15K)

this
in terms of modern asscreed it has come a long way since Unity started changing stuff.
but the classic series topped with Rogue. people praise Black Flag only because the story focuses on the pirating and there are way less intrusive “IRL” moments pulling you out of the animus compared to Desmond’s games.
but if you can withstand the interferences in Rogue, it definitely is the better game and will give you a lot more bang for your buck

Yeah, nothing is more satisfying in Odyssey than sneaking up behind someone and giving them the old Leonidas special and kick their ass off a cliff

Attached: 300.jpg (800x444, 71K)

>refined sailing
>better location
>more ship variation
>better legendary ships
>no retarded looking blowgun
>better land locations
>better story
nah

Attached: 1563220166650.jpg (470x480, 129K)

>half as much content
should have been dlc

OMG the swivel guns
how can something so small make such a huge difference, it was a godsend

>content
*filler

half as much story in the campaign yes
but overall content? nope

The map is almost half the size of Black Flag.

Attached: main-qimg-91786627dc4850a1efd1075a42bfc634.jpg (602x576, 177K)

but its more fleshed out

>Ubisoft squashes custom missions that give out mass exp because "purity of the experience"
>Charges 10 fucking dollars to click a checkbox to increase exp gain.

Ubisoft said they're done making actual video games in favour of live service shit so people really should drop them already.

>Revelations
>God tier
wtf

They somehow took what could've been the most interesting city in the whole series and made it boring as fuck to explore and the modern sections are at their worst here. The main story has some cool moments but it's really just "there" and nothing more. I'm still assblasted the main dlc is more of the modern shit.

where’s new york? why did you shrink river valley?
also BF is filled to the brim with pointless islands with one or two chests, it’s easy to claim more “content” if all you did was spread it further and fill it with water
all Rogue was missing was more underwater segments

It's almost exactly the same. There are some small differences with your weapons and they added some gimmicks like assassins trying to jump you in cities.

i remember when ass creed had good stories, acting, and missions
now its cartoony bullshit with forced sjw protags and garbage fetch quests. a literal 10 year old could design better missions. idk why i have 105 hours in it

the assassins were amateur as fuck
every time they tried to kill you they would shout and the game would give you slow motion. you didn’t even need timing, you could just mash your way out and counter kill them

Even if you add those areas it's not as big.

Attached: main-qimg-e5be3883b33775da3cbd2d5167ae73c9.jpg (1672x1098, 532K)

Attached: 1539355839986.jpg (1282x1441, 572K)

that's Origins tho

for all the sjw shit people complained about, such as playing as Evie, Marx showing up or the gay shit in Odyssey, I can say it won’t be as intrusive as people made it out to be.
even the latest shit over Ubisoft patching the game to stop forcing people from having the specific ending of having a baby is irrelevant. you can still do it normally.
you can have Alexios be an alpha stallion who bangs a lot of chicks and remains hetero to the end. you can also stick with just one waifu.
likewise goes for Kassandra, she can also be the biggest slut in Greece if you wish

This isnt AC II tho

Idiots.

Also, by showcasing historical accuracy in this manner they dampen the progress made throughout history to give women better rights. Which is even more stupid.

Attached: examples of artistic integrity.jpg (690x369, 36K)

Strange, I don't remember so many female soldiers back in ancient Greece. I also remember shields being quite popular.

They got rid of the good combat and parkour from unity and replaced it with something trying really hard to be the witcher 3 but 100x worse with worse combat than witcher 3 AND ac unity, shitty map, shitty everything. They had it right with unity gameplay wise but there were so many bugs at launch I guess they decided fuck everything instead of looking at what they did right.

they made it grindy so people would buy microtransactions

>Strange, I don't remember so many female soldiers back in ancient Greece
there are no female soldiers, only mercs

>onga bonga muh ajdentity pawlitics
Fuck off, videogames are not for your brand of autism

I'm pretty sure 50% of them were women, dude. And they were as strong, or often stronger than the men who were twice their size.
Also, they were all sub-saharan black.

Oh ok, I also don't remember many female mercenaries in ancient Greece.
You're a fucking retard.
based.

and they all had Brie Larson’s negative ass so no one could sexualize them

the hoplite armor is already lewd enough

Didn't they show titties in Origins? Are there titties here?

some statues have them

I have a PHD in gender non binary transexual studies and I can confirm this is correct

Whoa! Proof??