It's a fucking crime Metal Gear Solid V didn't end with you taking control of Solid Snake in the beginning moments of...

It's a fucking crime Metal Gear Solid V didn't end with you taking control of Solid Snake in the beginning moments of Metal Gear for the MSX in the Fox engine.

Attached: metal_gear_title.gif (640x400, 16K)

Agreed, the story in V was extremely boring too. Such a weird mishmash of random pieces of half-assed ideas. I will never not be mad.

It was actually going to be good, but Konami fucked everything up. Biggest waste of potential in gaming history. You can literally see the exact moment Kojima was fired and how horribly MGSV nosedives to hell.

I'm okay with it ending that there was a Big Boss clone, it explains why Big Boss still exists in MG2, but throwing all the established shit out the window was stupid. Every MGS fan knew it was a prequel and had a good idea of how it would end regardless, but building up to that ending is what he should have focused on. No Gray Fox was disappointing, painting them all out as Heroes was annoying and threw off the tone of what kind of story it should have been, Skullface was a fucking joke and having Sahelanthropus in there was stupid.

mgs drones only played mgs1 onwards so they wouldnt get the reference

I'm pretty certain that had Kojima been given the time to actually finish the game that it would've ended that way. Prior to MGSV, Kojima has never failed to give us a satisfying ending.

>Solid Snake arrives on scene
>subtitle appears on screen "Solid Snake (David Hayter)"

I'm just bothered by the fact that NO ONE seems to actually care about any of the going-ons. In a game ostensibly about bloodthirsty revenge, nobody gives a flying fuck and just stares blankly at each other. Even the villain is apathetic about his world domination scheme.

Attached: 1485728282472.jpg (902x546, 517K)

>Kept you waiting huh?

Attached: 1552614252325.gif (331x197, 1.91M)

Final mission should have been starting a fob in South Africa, that's it. Any decent fan would have connected the dots.

that would have been so fanservice, and so out of place for story structure of mgsv.

>Konami fucked everything up
Sick of seeing this meme. Sure, Konami's a bunch of corporate goons who would operate the company the same way if it was feudal japan, but Kojima isn't blameless.
Siphoning off money for V for his own fart smelling ip, just "doing" whatever he wants with no consideration for budget, if anything he's the most to blame.

>It was actually going to be good, but Konami fucked everything up
Do you really still believe this?
MGSV was in development for 5 years and is one of the most expensive games of all time (last I checked it was something like 11th, I'm sure it has gone down somewhat but even being in the top 100 is ludicrous).
Konami gave Kojima plenty of time and money, more than the vast majority of developers get. He pissed it away on stupid shit, they got sick of it and pulled the plug. The state of MGSV is 100% his fault.

What story structure? Revenge? Because if you ask me a whole lot of fucking nothing happens that effects the over arching story other than in the beginning and a little bit at the very end. A lot of the actual important plot happens in the tapes instead of being shown on screen.

>Konami is okay with Kojimbo going nuts with mgs4
>the non important opening tv cinematic sequence that has nothing to do with the narrative costed about as much as a psp game to make
>game sells well per usual, profits are made
>Konami has change in CEO or whatever
>now its suddenly a problem
They obviously had an understanding that Konami fucked over.

Just imagine if after all the butthurt over Keifer playing BB they made the surprise twist post-credits missions you play as Solid Snake with Hayter’s voice.

>It was actually going to be good
I doubt it, I feel like the story and the cutscenes are pretty much as intended

When Kojima left, so did his best developers and designers who he had worked with during MGS1-3. It wasn't entirely him.

MGSV's budget includes the development of the FOX engine and Ground Zeroes, they double dipped for the game and Konami still uses the FOX engine to this day for the PES games.

>Solid Snake arrives on scene
>subtitle appears on screen "Solid Snake (Kurt Russell)"

And?

I really really want to go back to the pre-release days of MGSV and ride that hype train again. By far the most fun I’ve had with the game was gobbling up those trailers and imagining the incredible fucked up story. I want to go back.

lol, what if Death Stranding is the same way and has none of the story and is just a long ass quiet walking simulator for 90% of the game.

Best timeline.

I still remember all the tweets of foods Kojima did when he was working on the game

Kojima was definitely taking his sweet ass time

Attached: 491025ed258756e0a0bf897f.jpg (600x749, 82K)

D-don't b-blame my favorite s oy chinck

>It's a fucking crime Metal Gear Solid V didn't end with my mental fan-fiction of what the game should've been as canon
FTFY.
I'm still surprised people think that Kojima had Hayter replaced because of the body double twist and not because he's a starfucker who never cared about the English dub of his games before and just wanted someone famous to play as Snake.

We got enough cringey fanservice like that in mgs4. People like you complained about it then and they would again if it were in V

Lads, the events of Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain retconned MG1 and MG2 out of existence. You're better off treating the Big Boss titles as a separate timeline.

It would literally just be an FOB mission

Where does gray fox comes from then?

David Hayter, get over it.

I already treat Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid V as their own canon anyway, but the series has always been loose with its own continuity anyway. MGS4 (and to a lesser extent MGS3) already took some weird liberties with the established canon as it is.

>MGS4 (and to a lesser extent MGS3) already took a giant shit on the established canon as it is.
*Fixed. Fuck MGS4 and FUCK Big Boss's games, including MGS3.

MGS3 was really when Kojima started fucking up his own lore.

Nice try, Jewnami.
You fucked up, and should sudoku

Speak English, you memespouting retard.

Words and deeds

There are no facts, only interpretations :^)

I don’t think so user